PDA

View Full Version : What can make AC4 a great game?

hoodrat94
02-17-2013, 06:34 AM
I know it's too early to start thinking about that! we still didn't get out of AC3 era yet, but it is quite important. Maybe a lot of you found AC3 unexpected, different and somewhat weird (for an assassin's creed game) it's time to move on. What do you think AC4 can do to change that feeling of alienation?
Here is what i think:
1) Center of the story should be Assassin's vs templar war ( i have been bi***ing about it a lot!)
2) An AWESOME main character who can relate to altair/ezio,
3) Fascinating side characters, (Nobody is quite memorable in AC3)
4) Awesome villains (Joker from batman for example, some kind of psycho in the past)
5) 20+ hour long campaign, (i swear i would pay more for the game, but not for DLC)
6) No MAP PACK DLC!
7) Remove additional synchronization point system, that is punishing!
8) Last but not least JASPER KYD!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
And out of clue.....
ideas please!
I know no matter what we think or say, the developers don't give a crap!

Soulid_Snake
02-17-2013, 07:15 AM
I know it's too early to start thinking about that! we still didn't get out of AC3 era yet, but it is quite important. Maybe a lot of you found AC3 unexpected, different and somewhat weird (for an assassin's creed game) it's time to move on. What do you think AC4 can do to change that feeling of alienation?
Here is what i think:
1) Center of the story should be Assassin's vs templar war ( i have been bi***ing about it a lot!)
2) An AWESOME main character who can relate to altair/ezio,
3) Fascinating side characters, (Nobody is quite memorable in AC3)
4) Awesome villains (Joker from batman for example, some kind of psycho in the past)
5) 20+ hour long campaign, (i swear i would pay more for the game, but not for DLC)
6) No MAP PACK DLC!
7) Remove additional synchronization point system, that is punishing!
8) Last but not least JASPER KYD!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
And out of clue.....
ideas please!
I know no matter what we think or say, the developers don't give a crap!

This sounds like the perfect next game, I'm praying they'll bring back Jesper!

AjinkyaParuleka
02-17-2013, 08:00 AM
AC3 was assassin/templar war,the point was to control an entire nation.
Connor is the MOST awesome character in the entire franchise,if I get another Ezio-like guy,I would probably not buy it.
Achilles.....
Charles Lee and Haytham were nice characters.
Isn't it already 20+?
Yes,Jesper Kyd please.

Elebro2011
02-17-2013, 08:51 AM
I dont agree with 7. It would be too easy

LaVolpe07
02-17-2013, 09:18 AM
i will admit Connor is a bit lacking in the personality department but he fights like a beast. but we need a character that can have his own unique personality. not like ezios and much more than Connors. i would not mind a assassin with the personality of Dante from DMC3. as for content, assassins creed has always been a game that evolves and adapts to suit the story but i think they are getting to close to modern times where is less hand to hand combat and more point and shoot and that would be a huge deal breaker for the series. personally i think it just needs more story development something that makes you want to keep playing yet feel a little bad that it will be over soon{something i think as been missing since brotherhood} more memorable characters are hard to make. La Volpe has always been my favorite character along with Da Vinci and Shawn Hastings. Desmond has always been a ***** that just complains about what he has to do till the end when he finally pulls his head out of that arrogant *** of his.
just my two cents...

AjinkyaParuleka
02-17-2013, 10:04 AM
I dont agree with 7. It would be too easy
Then the game would be linear..

ShakirMoledina
02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
1.) More focus on AvT against the french revolution that ppl are expecting
2.) Connor is not bad at all but make him for mentally intelligent and more of a leader than a follower
3.) Someone who has a great personality. We need some of the good guys to be memorable like da vinci was. In this game the bad guys were more awesome then the good ones like charles lee and haytham as said above. Achilles was slow and old while other characters were on-off.
4.) Villains are fine and infact templars were looking better for me than assassins of course knowing that the assassins were quiet for a long time.
5.) The length of the campaign is good and bad. In other words, homestead missions were not known to me to be sooo good or useful. Its only after finishing the game that I found out that its how you get your tailors and blacksmiths etc. Not explained and connected to the main storyline. If there will be two sides, intertwine them so it gives some variation into the gameplay. LIke AC2, it has some missions for the family, some for the assassins alone and some for both.
6.) -
7.) This is not a bad concept at all and gives a good challenge. The problem is that some add syncs are just unrelated to the mission. Example, when ezio had to reach the ships and kill the crew members one by one, some had to be killed in a weird way and in specific order. Why? Stealth kills make sense but why air assassinate some and not others. Make some balance in this area because it seems like a little forced difficulty.
8.) I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. I could not enjoy the game because i did not get the experience of the AC series. Calm, awesome, orchestra-like music. Hardly felt that but felt more modern. True modern environment hence music matching it but put some modern 'calmness'

9.) Making roaming around cities to be enjoyable on rooftops rather than running around
10.) Boats were lost like the 'promised' canoe
11.) Mountain climbing in the frontier got frustrating sometimes due to paths being blocked were not knowing so. Maybe a rope can be attached on mountains so that you can progress upwards faster?
12.) Hunting was nice but repetitive and unrewarding. Make it give more benefit than just sell able items.
13.) Horses still get stuck even on open areas. Try to make them more flexible over rocks and corners.
14.) Fishing as mini-game.
15.) More climbing and exploration and timed missions like in revelations and brotherhood where you have to get somewhere in a puzzle sort of environment or timed while you find the best path to that point
.) Less bugs

PS - Huge maps do not make games interesting

Elebro2011
02-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Then the game would be linear..

Well, full synchronization is not necessary.

AdiAnimal
02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
I agree, the optional synchronisation thing makes the game a little more difficult, AC isn't a hard game at all, a little bit challenge shouldn't be so... bad. But what i really like to have is that when you complete the game you do have a extra cheat, Red Coat on/off, I really hate to kill blue people :( i personly miss the Red Coats.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't mean there shouldn't be any sync constraints at all.They just shouldn't affect the freedom of a player.
I replayed battle of bunker hill,and killed him by pulling him down from the horse,I felt like I was in heaven.

tontsa91
02-18-2013, 02:39 PM
PC exclusivity.

Voyager456
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
LOL we wil gel exclusive content like low framerates and tons of bugs
pc exclusivity.

marcoolio_lv
02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
DO NOT LET UBI KIEV anywhere near the game, and I'm sure the game will be fine.

hoodrat94
02-19-2013, 05:06 AM
DO NOT LET UBI KIEV anywhere near the game, and I'm sure the game will be fine.

Agree, their porting is really bad!

hoodrat94
02-19-2013, 05:08 AM
AC3 was assassin/templar war,the point was to control an entire nation.
Connor is the MOST awesome character in the entire franchise,if I get another Ezio-like guy,I would probably not buy it.
Achilles.....
Charles Lee and Haytham were nice characters.
Isn't it already 20+?
Yes,Jesper Kyd please.

No its nowhere near 20+, the main campaign would last 8-10 hours and the additional missions are the worst, not sense of story (except for kidd's treasure)

deejfly
02-19-2013, 05:55 AM
For starters, some more precise method of controlling character, as I read somewhere, a critic said the assassin (as in ALL games) has a great affinity for dry humping walls and ANY thing even close to his path. It seems the collision space in 3D world is set to a cube 2-3 meters around the character, too many times I have had the same effect of being forced into a situation where death (sync!!) occurs because I couldn't get to where I intended because of this "generalized" interaction in world. This collision sensor is seen readily when passing within 1- 2 meters of a package carrying person, they immediately drop the package..sloppy programming.

The other really annoying aspect in all versions is the stupid racing/free running mechanics. Again because of above lack of precision, but also the enforced change of direction keys in some situations, where you cannot see the area to jump into and need to rotate your keys to affect direction. This does not make the game harder or more interesting, just bloody annoying after the tenth time, and when timers are active it becomes near impossible at times, Give us some choice perhaps in other ways to reach targeted outcomes, not everyone likes playing catchy catch, or never ending acrobatic puzzles with the same problems as above. I, as have many others, do not bother finishing games if it takes 50 to 100 tries, with either de-sync or timers resetting.

The game is called Assassin, therefore stealth could be better handled, as in perhaps creep mode, lay down mode, etc to hide from enemies.
Fight mechanics are often sloppy, where assassin (all) puts away weapon in the middle of twenty enemies intent on cutting him to pieces, and often swings at nothing. If focus is set it becomes worse in a mob attack. Losing the weapon in the middle of fight, what the ????
Aiming as such is little more than a joke unless you are in spitting range, and aiming when there is no focus is ridiculous, why would one shoot a wall or whatever the direction is??
These aspects of control are disappointing to say the least.
For me make the whole series is good for the most, fix some of these things and it becomes brilliant.

AzzaR4
02-19-2013, 07:30 AM
I loved the whole frontier Idea for AC3, but I dislike that you have to load a separate map to enter a city. Why not increase the map size in the next game with same fast travel system and you can just walk from city to open wilderness to other city without loading. That to me would make the game so much more believable and a large area to escape a city instead of battling your way out of a tiny little exit...

It also means notoriety is affected for example,
Your notoriety would be high nation wide in ac3 so its much more imperative to decrease notoriety instead of exiting Boston and your suddenly incognito if you fast travel to New York.

And bring back Bandits who tried to kill you in AC Brotherhood.