PDA

View Full Version : An Alternate Reality, The Eye, and a Different Possibility [Spoilers]

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2013, 05:44 PM
During the ending scene of ACIII, Minerva mentions taking a look one last time before "Leaving" to make sure that they're on the right track.
In ACIII and according to the latest article and interview about The Tyranny of King Washington, it is mentioned that Desmond died but his memories are uploaded to the Cloud and that the game is indeed in an alternate reality and that when we "return" to our reality, all will be justified and we'll be like "Huh, interesting".

No what if when Minerva looked into the device one last time, she saw that Desmond will heed Juno's idea and save the world so perhaps she might have done something different to prevent history from going the way we've know it throughout the AC game we've played so far which is what lead to another possibility in another timeline.

Also, Juno did tell Ratonhnhake:ton about possibilities and how the outcomes change based on the present actions of the individual. What if what we've learned so far is all just one possibility out of many? What if in another timeline, Desmond doesn't even exist? what if anything happened in a way that we can't imagine that the other timeline is totally different?

They built the franchise to reach an event in 12.21.12 and now we passed that date. The made the game and their release dates occur within certain number of years so that they make sure we learn the ending before that date to make the story more in synch with out lives. Now they wanna continue more games in the future so what if they're trying to do something that will also keep the games in synch with what happens in the years to come?

They did mention before the release of ACIII that the ending won't be waking up from another Animus in the future and the most likely didn't do that (despite it being epic) because it seemed like a continuous cycle and a predictable one so maybe their way of messing with our heads and continuing the game is to somehow play with realities using info. the gave from in between the lines.

Share your ideas...

Source for the info. from the interview: http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1809729/assassins_creed_dealing_with_criticisms_the_future _of_connor.html

J7hnny
02-17-2013, 01:54 AM
No what if when Minerva looked into the device one last time, she saw that Desmond will heed Juno's idea and save the world so perhaps she might have done something different to prevent history from going the way we've know it throughout the AC game we've played so far which is what lead to another possibility in another timeline.
You're saying the events ilustrated in Assassin's Creed are Minerva's way of showing Desmond Miles what happens if Juno is released?

Jexx21
02-17-2013, 04:38 AM
is Desmond gonna become that floating fairy in the Zelda games for the AC games?

IronEagl3
02-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Ok, hold on. I have a few questions

1. So what you're saying is that all the events that happened with Altair, Ezio, and Connor are all just illusions to what they did?
2. How would there be an alternate universe with Desmond's memories?

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Ok, hold on. I have a few questions

1. So what you're saying is that all the events that happened with Altair, Ezio, and Connor are all just illusions to what they did?
2. How would there be an alternate universe with Desmond's memories?

1. I'm saying that we could've been playing one possibility of history in an alternate reality. So non of the things are unreal, they're all real to some extent depending on what Minerva's Eye Device mechanism. Each action has it's consequences, and the consequences change based on the actions done and some things remain fixed and others might change depending on the extent of the effects.

2. They officially said that Desmond's dead in ACIII and his memories have been uploaded to the Cloud so there's a certain extent of this alternate reality in his genes for some reason.

Farlander1991
02-17-2013, 09:50 AM
2. They officially said that Desmond's dead in ACIII and his memories have been uploaded to the Cloud so there's a certain extent of this alternate reality in his genes for some reason.

Well, the reason is simple, really... It's genetic memories. With the accent on 'memories'. Connor has seen an alternate reality, and he remembers it, and memory of that has passed on through generations onto Desmond. That's why we can view the TOKW alternate reality in the AC1-AC3 reality with AC1-AC3 Desmond's DNA.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Well, the reason is simple, really... It's genetic memories. With the accent on 'memories'. Connor has seen an alternate reality, and he remembers it, and memory of that has passed on through generations onto Desmond. That's why we can view the TOKW alternate reality in the AC1-AC3 reality with AC1-AC3 Desmond's DNA.

True. I'm just saying that the other possibility might be of bigger service to the franchise than just being a possibility. In this possibility, Connor's mother, Ziio is alive, George Washington is the king and he's corrupted so what are the consequences of that possibility in the future? if we go with that timeline, what would happen to Desmond?

LightRey
02-17-2013, 12:00 PM
The DLC story was made on a dare. I doubt anything remotely canonical will come from it.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
The DLC story was made on a dare. I doubt anything remotely canonical will come from it.

But in the written interview, it is noted that it will be canon and within the AC universe...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391342/interviews/interview-ubisoft-on-ac3s-first-dlc-the-tyranny-of-king-washington/

dxsxhxcx
02-17-2013, 05:31 PM
IMO the last thing we need is going down the road of alternative universes, this isn't Fringe, if this DLC is supposed to be canon, they better have a really good explanation for that, and they really should work better on communication between teams, because they advertise the DLC one way saying it isn't part of the story and then the creative director says it is...

Bashilir
02-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I like the idea of Alternate realities. I think the Tyranny DLC is a really cool concept, except I don't like the episodic side of it. I want to be able to finish this in one sitting if I wanted to. I've never liked how TV shows cut it off when it starts to get really good and I'm hoping I feel like I'm not having to wait to finish this DLC.

dxsxhxcx
02-17-2013, 08:34 PM
I like the idea of Alternate realities. I think the Tyranny DLC is a really cool concept, except I don't like the episodic side of it. I want to be able to finish this in one sitting if I wanted to. I've never liked how TV shows cut it off when it starts to get really good and I'm hoping I feel like I'm not having to wait to finish this DLC.

just to make things clear, I don't have a problem with them using as excuse an alternate reality to have more freedom in a DLC (even preferring to have "serious" DLCs that add to the story), I just don't want this concept to be part of the canon story..

LightRey
02-17-2013, 08:41 PM
But in the written interview, it is noted that it will be canon and within the AC universe...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391342/interviews/interview-ubisoft-on-ac3s-first-dlc-the-tyranny-of-king-washington/
Which means it will be a dream or something.

RinoTheBouncer
02-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Which means it will be a dream or something.
Or maybe another possibility that Juno showed to Connor at some point and it's still stored in his DNA and that's how they're passed on to Desmond and we can view them since Desmond's memories are now in The Cloud.

LightRey
02-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Or maybe another possibility that Juno showed to Connor at some point and it's still stored in his DNA and that's how they're passed on to Desmond and we can view them since Desmond's memories are now in The Cloud.
Either way, it's highly unlikely they'll use this "alternate reality" for anything else than the DLC.

RinoTheBouncer
02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Either way, it's highly unlikely they'll use this "alternate reality" for anything else than the DLC.

It will probably just finish the story of Desmond or whatever they were doing with his body. I don't think anyone would release a 3 part DLC for a total of 30$ for the sake of it.
I think it could be something similar to Brotherhood and Revelations to ACII. Not like the same length but they mentioned 7.5 hours which is basically the length of AC:B or AC:R.