PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Warning. Article mentions The Cloud and Desmond.

rob.davies2014
02-16-2013, 04:52 AM
Mark Alexis-Cote, creative director for Assassin's Creed 3, has said that Abstergo has uploaded Desmond's consciousness up into the cloud.
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1809729/assassins_creed_dealing_with_criticisms_the_future _of_connor.html
This explains who those people were that we heard at the end of AC3 discussing the Pivots.
It's probably also related to the image from Initiates, showing two Abstergo people, carrying Desmond's corpse away in a bodybag.

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Mark Alexis-Cote, creative director for Assassin's Creed 3, has said that Abstergo has uploaded Desmond's consciousness up into the cloud.
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1809729/assassins_creed_dealing_with_criticisms_the_future _of_connor.html
This explains who those people were that we heard at the end of AC3 discussing the Pivots.
It's probably also related to the image from Initiates, showing two Abstergo people, carrying Desmond's corpse away in a bodybag.
Would you mind quoting it for us?
Thank you in advance, man!

rob.davies2014
02-16-2013, 05:01 AM
"The Animus is the tool that allows us to replay memories, these are memories from Desmond, I don’t want to spoil AC3 for anyone, but Desmond dies at the end. But, his consciousness is beamed into the cloud so Abstergo still has access to all of his memories. So you are someone in the Animus visualising these memories and that’s how we are continuing his the story."
No problem. We still have no idea what the Cloud actually is. Might be something similar to what happened to Clay's consciousness...

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
"The Animus is the tool that allows us to replay memories, these are memories from Desmond, I don’t want to spoil AC3 for anyone, but Desmond dies at the end. But, his consciousness is beamed into the cloud so Abstergo still has access to all of his memories. So you are someone in the Animus visualising these memories and that’s how we are continuing his the story."
No problem. We still have no idea what the Cloud actually is. Might be something similar to what happened to Clay's consciousness...
Hm, similar to Subject 16. Interesting!
In addition, which part explains the identity behind the audio heard during the epilogue?
Aaand would you mind sharing the image from Initiates?

GoldyTart
02-16-2013, 07:07 AM
All initiates are under a NDA to not reveal anything from the site. So we are not authorized to put that image in the forum. However you could google it as it has been leaked to fb and tumbler...

Abeonis
02-16-2013, 11:17 AM
****, I love being right. That said it doesn't, strictly speaking, say it was Abstergo who uploaded his memories, just that they have access..

AjinkyaParuleka
02-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Wait,what did I read?ABSTERGO carrying Desmond's body.Shaun,Rebecca,WIlliams,seriously?(I hope they are captured by Abstergo).

Lass4r
02-16-2013, 12:26 PM
What? That guy isn't creative director... Alex Hutchinson is...

InfectedNation
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
What? That guy isn't creative director... Alex Hutchinson is...

Mark Alexis-Cote is the creative director for the Tyranny of King Washington. Hutchinson is most likely busy with other project(s).

dxsxhxcx
02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
this would give them a excuse to continue Connor story (that I have a feeling it'll probably be released for the secondary platforms like AC: Liberation) but I REALLY hope they don't use this "excuse" of Desmond consciousness being uploaded to the cloud to justify the new games for the main platforms, they already screwed up the modern days in "Desmond's arc", they at least should try to fix this by making the next modern day protagonist interesting and put A LOT more work on the modern days because IMO the way they handled S16 (in ACR), Desmond (in all his games, specially AC3) and Daniel Cross (AC3) was unacceptable.

and did I read the interview right where they say the DLC will be canon?

I also laughed at the part the guy says people loved AC3 based on its sales numbers..

Lass4r
02-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Mark Alexis-Cote is the creative director for the Tyranny of King Washington. Hutchinson is most likely busy with other project(s).
Oh ok =) This Mark guy seems to be completely full of it though...

Sick_one12
02-16-2013, 02:10 PM
So Desmond really is dead? Well,**** you ubi!!!!!They way you treated the modern day story in ACR and ACIII was just unacceptable:p

on the other hand: He might be lying *dream-mode ON* XD

Sushiglutton
02-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Does this mean there won't be a modern day protagonist in the future :rolleyes:? That we can just use our consoles to access the cloud and play from Desmonds memory directly. Sounds a lot more ... convenient to me ;).

dewgel
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Question : The image that is under NDA by Initiates closed Alpha, which I'm in. We all know what it shows..

EscoBlades posted that on his Facebook page right when Initiates restarted. Now.. if it's NDA material, how come he had it on his public page?

PS : All you people complaining, saying you hope this isn't true. This is the problem with Assassin's Creed - the fans. You want for so much, you don't want Ubisoft to be ambitious and do their own thing.

They killed Desmond. It happened. It was handled poorly, even Alex Hutchinson has indirectly said so. Desmond was so slow in all the other games then bam, Hutch tries to please all with as much Desmond as possible and a new protagonist.

It's happened. Deal with it. This is why everyone gets disappointed with the endings to AC now. Because they expect massive twists.

Eduard413
02-16-2013, 06:16 PM
but this is not about death of desmond, this is about how his dead was awfully done
have you played Dead Space 3? it was the last game with Isaac Clarke story and SPOILER for those who didnīt finished the game
SPOILER !!!

Isaac died at the end of the game, but his dead wasnīt lame and stupid as Desmond was, there were no questions left in Dead Space story, everything was solved, Isaac sayed goodbye to his love Ellie, and then he died like a boss, he saved everyone, and so, the ending of DS3 even if he died too like Desmond, it was epic and awesome, but Desmondīs death was so lame I just canīt believe it,
but still AC3 is good game for Connor story, and if this DLC will be about Connor again, Im excited and I want to play it right now

MasterAssasin84
02-16-2013, 07:41 PM
I could not help noticing this !

ote:
That’s an excellent question and one that I cannot answer [laughs]. There is always something more to tell about our characters and more side stories to explore for Altair, Ezio and Connor.

maybe this aint the last we have seen of Ezio :)

dxsxhxcx
02-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I could not help noticing this !

ote:
That’s an excellent question and one that I cannot answer [laughs]. There is always something more to tell about our characters and more side stories to explore for Altair, Ezio and Connor.

maybe this aint the last we have seen of Ezio :)

if they use Ezio again they should just reboot the franchise and make it only about him, at least this way I'll stop wasting my time with it.

maxerx180
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
So that means Desmond didn't die at the Temple, since a corpse doesn't have a conscious. Right?

PedroAntonio2
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Desmond died, why can't you accept this ?

PedroAntonio2
02-16-2013, 10:01 PM
BTW, if they do another Ezio game, it will be ridiculous. Just stop with him, we already had THREE GAMES WITH HIM!

Josegtx13
02-16-2013, 10:32 PM
but this is not about death of desmond, this is about how his dead was awfully done
have you played Dead Space 3? it was the last game with Isaac Clarke story and SPOILER for those who didnīt finished the game
SPOILER !!!

Isaac died at the end of the game, but his dead wasnīt lame and stupid as Desmond was, there were no questions left in Dead Space story, everything was solved, Isaac sayed goodbye to his love Ellie, and then he died like a boss, he saved everyone, and so, the ending of DS3 even if he died too like Desmond, it was epic and awesome, but Desmondīs death was so lame I just canīt believe it,
but still AC3 is good game for Connor story, and if this DLC will be about Connor again, Im excited and I want to play it right now

I don't want to derail this thread by going off-topic, but Dead Space 3 ENDING SPOILER

Did you stay through the end of the credits? At the end of the credits Isaac responds to Ellies last message, hinting that he survived.

maxerx180
02-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Desmond died, why can't you accept this ?

I never said he wasn't dead. I just believe he didn't die at the temple for reasons I stated before.

Lightpex
02-16-2013, 10:44 PM
this would give them a excuse to continue Connor story (that I have a feeling it'll probably be released for the secondary platforms like AC: Liberation)

Sorry, but we won't be getting another Connor game.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/with-connor-gone-where-could-assassins-creed-go-next-6403668/

J7hnny
02-17-2013, 01:14 AM
All initiates are under a NDA to not reveal anything from the site. So we are not authorized to put that image in the forum. However you could google it as it has been leaked to fb and tumbler...
I should've known.
Thank you for the fyi! Googling.

Perk89
02-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Sorry, but we won't be getting another Connor game.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/with-connor-gone-where-could-assassins-creed-go-next-6403668/

Their has been nothing to suggest there won't be another Assassins Creed featuring Connor in the future. Please don't pass false information as fact.