PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft : There is still much to be said about Connor!

FirestarLuva
02-15-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.everyeye.it/multi/notizia/assassin-s-creed-iii-ubisoft-c-e-ancora-molto-da-dire-su-connor-_150175

Translated this from italian so sorry for any mistakes;

Assassin's Creed III, Ubisoft, "There is still much to be said about Connor"

"Apparently in later chapters of Assassin's Creed may still feature Connor, the hero of the third main installment.
Marc-Alexis Costa, creative director of the series, said that "we have an endless amount of material and side stories to tell about Altair, Ezio and Connor. We're building games on the lives of these people, and there are still many things to explore . It's the magic of Assassin's Creed " he said, leaving the door open for the native american killer of Colonial America."

This news was submitted just an hour ago, Noah teased us about a new Connor game on his tumblr today as well.
asdjkasdhjashdjs New Connor game please, Ubi, just one, nothing more...

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Weird that he mentioned Altair and Ezio... I think people are done with them. We love you guys, but we've seen pretty much every moment of your life from birth to death. Time to move on. The only way I'd ever want to see them again would be in something like Altair's little dream/flashback/bleeding effect scene in AC2.

Sushiglutton
02-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I feel like the big question is if he will be the main protagonist again though. I mean Altair showed up in AC2 (or was it Brotherhood I don't remeber) and Revelations. They could do something similar with Connor. I guess we have to wait and see :).

FirestarLuva
02-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I feel like the big question is if he will be the main protagonist again though. I mean Altair showed up in AC2 (or was it Brotherhood I don't remeber) and Revelations. They could do something similar with Connor. I guess we have to wait and see :).

It will be great to see Connor show up as a side character, but, he deserves another game with him as the main character. I think him being playable in a dream sequence like Altair would be disappointing to fans.
What happens if this new AC is set before the 18th century? The only way I see Connor appearing like Altair did is if it's set during the Civil War, but I doubt Connor would be alive by then.
Also, I hear this Black Flags rumor is actually a Connor naval DLC? I hope. The more Connor, the better.

Rogue Agent 035
02-15-2013, 11:29 PM
To spend little time (1 game) with a character IMO does a dis-service to the character an clutters up the landscape of the franchise. I see where they were going with Altiar an Ezio giving them 3 games, as they became the cornerstone for a time, but to say this early that we will be getting a new protagonist with still so much of Connors life as an assassin still left un-covered to bring him back down the road would be as if they were say, "Oh yeah, btw there was this one huge event we fergot to tell you about" just to fill in a grand canyon sized gap in the story of his life, but I might be ventured to ask, "Why so late after all these other assassins we've met, are you just now tellin us about this"?

FirestarLuva
02-15-2013, 11:48 PM
One of the posters said that there was a similar article 2 years ago titled:
"There is still much to be said about Ezio!"
Let's hope we'll get to hear positive news regarding a new Connor game soon.

AVVSOM3
02-16-2013, 12:05 AM
What if Ubisoft is trolling us and the actual new character is the modern day protagonist and the new time period is the French Revolution. This could be because they first wanna let people play The Tyranny of King Washington's episodes so they can connect with Connor and that they want more from his story. They also said that the dlc dream will tie into the real story of Connor. I just have a feeling that the next Assassin's Creed will be with Connor and that the co op they mentioned in the survey actually means a cross over story with Aveline and Connor. These are just my thoughts.

FirestarLuva
02-16-2013, 12:06 AM
What if Ubisoft is trolling us and the actual new character is the modern day protagonist and the new time period is the French Revolution. This could be because they first wanna let people play The Tyranny of King Washington's episodes so they can connect with Connor and that they want more from his story. They also said that the dlc dream will tie into the real story of Connor. I just have a feeling that the next Assassin's Creed will be with Connor and that the co op they mentioned in the survey actually means a cross over story with Aveline and Connor. These are just my thoughts.

If only...

Rakdarr
02-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Perhaps there won't be another Connor game because he did not accomplish anything worthy of a game after Lee's "assassination". And don't even get started about the French Revolution and Connor in the same game, that would be just stupid.

Perk89
02-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Hope it comes to fruition.

LintonMildone
02-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Oh yeah about as stupid as an Italian man being in turkey where most of the populace speak different languages and accents while they worship a different religion than him and Lafeyette told connor that he will love to invite him to France...

LintonMildone
02-16-2013, 03:15 AM
Perhaps there won't be another Connor game because he did not accomplish anything worthy of a game after Lee's "assassination". And don't even get started about the French Revolution and Connor in the same game, that would be just stupid.
Oh yeah about as stupid as an Italian man being in turkey where most of the populace speak different languages and accents while they worship a different religion than him and Lafeyette told connor that he will love to invite him to France...

kriegerdesgottes
02-16-2013, 04:59 AM
I would like to see at least one more Connor game to finish his story and find out who his wife is and how he spends some of his older years.

diaboslb7
02-16-2013, 02:00 PM
if so it would be spectacular.

diaboslb7
02-16-2013, 02:01 PM

if so it would be spectacular.

Rugterwyper32
02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
The way I see it, there's 4 possibilities of where Connor's Story could go next. Putting them in order of how likely I think each one is.

1. All the way to France during the French Revolution
2. The Northwest Indian war in the Ohio territory
3. The Haitian Revolution
4. Those rumors about Brazil

So yeah

diaboslb7
02-16-2013, 02:17 PM
if the next assassin's creed scenario is during the French Revolution maybe we have a territory similar to the frontier

andreja110s
02-16-2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.everyeye.it/multi/notizia/assassin-s-creed-iii-ubisoft-c-e-ancora-molto-da-dire-su-connor-_150175

Here is the entire interview in english http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1809729/assassins_creed_dealing_with_criticisms_the_future _of_connor.html

Rakdarr
02-16-2013, 03:51 PM

I did not say that Ezio's presence in Constantinople was stellar, it's funny how people assume that out of the blue. However, he has reason to be there since he is the Mentor of not only the Italian Assassins, but of the whole Mediterranean Order and, as a Florentine nobleman, he spoke Greek, which was really the second, if not first, language of the city at the time. Connor is the only Assassin in North America and he has no emotional links to France whatsoever (and it were those links which prompted him to sympathize with the Patriots). It would be stupid for Ubisoft to make a French Revolution game without a French protagonist. And what's the point about Lafayette?

I could see him doing something in Haiti, though, as another poster mentioned, since he clearly despises slavery.

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Ezio *sigh*
It would be a dream coming true when this wonderful guy returns!

MasterAssasin84
02-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Me i really want to see more of Connor but i would asume now that if we do it will be DLC rather than a complete full game , i just think that he needs more character development as they did with Ezio,

Saying that ubi have not officialy said that they are abandoning him so i will be reserving my judgement, as much as every other fan i want to see a new Assassins Creed game and i think its a wise move on ubi's behalf to hold fire till 2014 as this indicates they are doing everything they can to make us happy , i have been very pleased with all the Assassins Creed games that have come out obviously i have favorites but i do think that they should concentrate on Connor a bit more .

Ancient Attero
02-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Connor is definitely a character I want to see more of. He is very interesting as one with his sense of honor, brutality of combat, but with also with being humble. Very unique character. Id love to see him establish a new Assassins Guild here in American. To be able to uncover more mystery of the colonies, and learn more about the first civilization through his eyes. Also id love to see him struggle with how the colonies treated the native Americans.

MasterAssasin84
02-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Connor is definitely a character I want to see more of. He is very interesting as one with his sense of honor, brutality of combat, but with also with being humble. Very unique character. Id love to see him establish a new Assassins Guild here in American. To be able to uncover more mystery of the colonies, and learn more about the first civilization through his eyes. Also id love to see him struggle with how the colonies treated the native Americans.

Well as much i am excited about the tyranny of king washington it does worry me that ubi are losing direction with the AC3 Brand as it describes that Connor will not be featured as an Assassin rather a native American warrior which my mind think what the **** does this have to do with Assassins Creed ! but i will reserve my judgement till i play the game.

however i would like to see a new game with Connor which has more focus on fighting the Templars rather than involving himself in the going on's of the war of independence .

Snakbarr
02-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I really can't see why people are using words such as character and personality to describe Conner as I saw a protagonist who had neither. I quite liked the idea of the homestead but Conner ruined it with his lack of charisma or love for the people who inhabited his village. I'd like to see a French lady\man in the next game - now there's a nation of people who have passion and character.

Yeah that's right, you just saw an Englishman doff his cap to the French....... Vive La France......

Rakdarr
02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Unfortunately, the only way we could have a lady protagonist would be to dump the Animus (which isn't a bad idea, after Juno is settled).

Bullet747
02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm looking forward to another Connor game. I really want to see how he develops over the years. Although I hope in the process he doesn't lose his edge.:cool:

Will_Lucky
02-17-2013, 04:11 AM
More games with Ezio and Altair in? Sign me up.

As for Connor, pray its a Vita game.

MasterAssasin84
02-17-2013, 09:51 AM
I really can't see why people are using words such as character and personality to describe Conner as I saw a protagonist who had neither. I quite liked the idea of the homestead but Conner ruined it with his lack of charisma or love for the people who inhabited his village. I'd like to see a French lady\man in the next game - now there's a nation of people who have passion and character.

Yeah that's right, you just saw an Englishman doff his cap to the French....... Vive La France......

That is pretty much the issue thats still lingering here , Connor needs more character development and he seemingly lacked the passion and emotion Altair and Ezio displayed, but interesting that your comment suggests that you saw a protagonist that had neither character or personality ? i can kind of see exactly what your saying but what i saw was Connors lack of understanding of the Assassins Creed and through his own self conscious nearly exposed the existence of the brotherhood because he felt it was necessary protect Washington through honourable means rather than work in the dark to serve the light and kill. as much as i like Connor i still think we need to see more of him as a true Assassin rather than a peace keeper and politician .

lothario-da-be
02-17-2013, 01:15 PM
More games with Ezio and Altair in? Sign me up.

As for Connor, pray its a Vita game.
No, thats such a bad idea, i have to buy a vita then.

Will_Lucky
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM
No, thats such a bad idea, i have to buy a vita then.

Thats my point...the more of you buying the Vita the merrier :P.

Liberations already sold 600k, a true Connor sequel could achieve so much more.

silvermercy
02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Only PS3 game for Connor. Never buying a Vita.

dxsxhxcx
02-17-2013, 09:41 PM

what did Ezio accomplished in AC2 that justified 2 more games with him? There was no hint about where they would go next in AC2 but this wasn't a problem and 2 more games were released, at least in AC3 Lafayette openly invited/suggested Connor to visit Paris with him, so why couldn't he do that? Just because you can't see Connor taking part in the French Revolution doesn't mean this couldn't happen...