PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood an Assassin?

Dejan507
02-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Just realized this, wouldn't he be a perfect character for an AC game?
A game set in England during John's reign could present many new gameplay mechanics like tree climbing and bow and arrow.
Opportunity for new Frontier-like area, and London as locations, plus it would be great to see how the legend of Robin Hood was actually made and in the end to kill John himself as I do believe some thought he was poisoned
What do you think?

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Just realized this, wouldn't he be a perfect character for an AC game?
A game set in England during John's reign could present many new gameplay mechanics like tree climbing and bow and arrow.
Opportunity for new Frontier-like area, and London as locations, plus it would be great to see how the legend of Robin Hood was actually made and in the end to kill John himself as I do believe some thought he was poisoned
What do you think?
Too mainstream for Ubisoft.

dogziler
02-15-2013, 11:51 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/YCoNQ*aqkp-XU*VbpkpNyuD5gDZoXeE*Muz2BhUPmSK4rLWKCtEyfbyc2GqPF xxIclCGxTDOZj4jcIXjvHgsiEtsA0sbFrmc/memesactuallywearingglassesistoomainstream.jpg

too mainstream. true. except its a cool idea, and in the same era as altair, by 100 years or so. y'know?

LoyalACFan
02-16-2013, 05:45 AM
Something in this era/setting could be cool, but I wouldn't want to actually BE Robin Hood. That's just too... corny.

IWGCJoeCool
02-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Something in this era/setting could be cool, but I wouldn't want to actually BE Robin Hood. That's just too... corny.

depends on if it's a Russel Crowe, Kevin Costner, or Cary Elwes Robin Hood. Fairbanks was better with the stunts though!!!

:rolleyes:

JC

Sushiglutton
02-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I would love if they made a Robin Hood game, but not as part of the AC franchise. No templars, no Animus and stuff, just you playing as Robin Hood. With the openworld tree climbing Ubi has the perfect technology to pull off a game like that.

Megas_Doux
02-16-2013, 02:16 PM
I would love if they made a Robin Hood game, but not as part of the AC franchise. No templars, no Animus and stuff, just you playing as Robin Hood. With the openworld tree climbing Ubi has the perfect technology to pull off a game like that.

This!

dxsxhxcx
02-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I hope they never use the frontier-like maps again, at least not with the same size or focus they put on AC3, the same applies for settings with wide streets as well, I never spent so much time on the ground than in AC3... I miss the days of AC1/2, several cities used to bring much more variety to the game, as the game advanced I always meet a new place where the differences from the previous one (at least for me) were evident, now I feel like I'm always in the same place, and the size of these maps certainly doesn't help...

about the setting suggested, I don't think Robin Hood would be a good idea but a new ancestor in a time after Altair and before Ezio would certainly be interesting, it would be interesting see a Brotherhood still strongly influenced by Altair...

SleezeRocker
02-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Robin Hood as an Assassin kind of made me think of the show Arrow :P
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kqs7f1GTOkU/T2d6MsGjzzI/AAAAAAAADOo/IOvOTXEzCwU/s1600/Picture+1.png

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I think it's a very good idea. Especially the pic someone posted, it's awesome.

Dejan507
02-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I guess you are right, it may be too mainstream.
But at least I think we can say with certainty that Robin Hood in AC Universe is definitely more than just a myth!

Bullet747
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
That is a cool idea. Maby they'll consider it.

We haven't had a "green" themed assassin yet.:p

Sushiglutton
02-16-2013, 10:54 PM
I hope they never use the frontier-like maps again, at least not with the same size or focus they put on AC3, the same applies for settings with wide streets as well, I never spent so much time on the ground than in AC3... I miss the days of AC1/2, several cities used to bring much more variety to the game, as the game advanced I always meet a new place where the differences from the previous one (at least for me) were evident, now I feel like I'm always in the same place, and the size of these maps certainly doesn't help...

about the setting suggested, I don't think Robin Hood would be a good idea but a new ancestor in a time after Altair and before Ezio would certainly be interesting, it would be interesting see a Brotherhood still strongly influenced by Altair...

It's fun how different opinion people can have about things, must be a mess for Ubi to sort through all the feedback :).

I thought the frontier was fantastic and the games greatest achievement. I agree they could have fleshed it out a little more and especially the hunting/animal interaction was a bit disapointing. But for a first attempt it was brilliant imo. I also disagree that all of the frontier felt the same. On the contrary I thought each area had its own distinct feel with Black Creek being the coolest. Another highlight was to discover the forts.

I would def want them to have a second go and this time work more on adding fun activities.

pacmanate
02-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Hate robin hood.

J7hnny
02-17-2013, 01:05 AM
As mainstream as it may be, I can't say it's a bad idea, but Robin Hood has seen enough. There's a vast culture of characters to be explored, why focus on an overused character, whose story has seen more versions, than Mickey Rourke has seen Botox? Ubisoft is creative, Ubisoft is original, and Ubisoft can do better than Robin Hood. It's a good idea, but why be good, when you can be great?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I like this idea, would indeed be very interesting.

Bashilir
02-17-2013, 11:54 PM
This wouldn't be a skin tight robin, right? I honestly wouldn't play it if he were wearing skin tight clothing. I would love a game like this being heavily focused on bow and arrow. I fee like AC3 could've done more with it(like the dive shot Connor does in the CGI trailer). I'd love to see Robin with a tiny blade on the end of his bow to do melee AND long range attacks.

dogziler
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
then again, not every widely known hero or person needs to be a assassin or Templar. or even know them. they could just be doing stuff without being on either side. or every hero or villain could be on either side, or the other.
now, what about jack the ripper, or a controversial/now well known hero. some assassins could be detested, and that could be because they'd be john Wilkes booth-ish, where d you think they'd be a bad guy, but they'd actually be a good assassin or the opposite.

Aphex_Tim
02-18-2013, 07:59 AM
depends on if it's a Russel Crowe, Kevin Costner, or Cary Elwes Robin Hood. Fairbanks was better with the stunts though!!!

JC

If we'd play as Cary Elwes' Robin Hood i'd never play another game again.

blacklimoband
02-18-2013, 09:27 AM

JC

WHAT!!! No Errol Flynn.... jeez, where's the love :(

ZeSpecter
02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
I think the setting would be good, but controlling Robin Hood would be way too cliche.
I think the game take place in UK would be fricikin' amazing, however not with Robin Hood. Get another character without Robin Hood's gay pants and it would be great.

Megas_Doux
02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
I would love a spin off based on Robin Hood´s era......

KJGPlay
02-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Sherlock Holmes type character, used eagle vision to solve crimes etc

KJGPlay
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Robin Hood's era is Altair's era, with King Richard as the connecting thread. Don't think there were orders outside Masayaf.

Dejan507
02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Perhaps Robin visited Masyaf during Crusades and went on to expand the brotherhood to England

LoyalACFan
02-18-2013, 05:15 PM
That is a cool idea. Maby they'll consider it.

We haven't had a "green" themed assassin yet.:p

Well, you could have, if you bought that godawful green dye for Ezio :p

SleezeRocker
02-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Sherlock Holmes type character, used eagle vision to solve crimes etc

that would actually be kind of interesting

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/316/b/7/painting_sherlock_holmes_by_ineer-d5krpt4.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbu48plsTD1rq9kkio1_500.png

Bashilir
02-18-2013, 07:44 PM
^, Lol.

KJGPlay
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Perhaps Robin visited Masyaf during Crusades and went on to expand the brotherhood to England

Maybe a bit after Altair takes control, a bit after bloodlines. Or maybe an assassin from the order is sent back with Robin to take down John to uncover the whereabouts of Richard.

Bullet747
02-19-2013, 04:01 AM
Well, you could have, if you bought that godawful green dye for Ezio :p Yeah. I never really liked the dyes myself. :P

I'm sure they can design a cool white and green assassin's outfit. Though I'd prefer grey and green.

leftybullseye
02-19-2013, 05:06 AM
What a great game it would be . Imagine jousting, archery, quarterstaffs, Medieval England, the craven Sheriff of Nottingham. I hope Ubisoft makes it happen

Locopells
02-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I think it's a great idea but, as others have said, too mainstream/already done for Ubi. Would be interesting to have them fit it into the AC universe though...

Locopells
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Forgive the necropost, but have just had a thought. Did anyone ever play a game (around 10 years ago) by the name of 'Robin Hood - Legend of Sherwood'? If not, Google it. Then imagine that with AC graphics and gameplay. Side missions treasure hunting, even a logical place for the infamous den defence...

DisbandedBox359
02-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Forgive the necropost, but have just had a thought. Did anyone ever play a game (around 10 years ago) by the name of 'Robin Hood - Legend of Sherwood'? If not, Google it. Then imagine that with AC graphics and gameplay. Side missions treasure hunting, even a logical place for the infamous den defence...

make the game, whatever, but never bring back den defence haha

dbuddy101
02-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Robin Hood as an Assassin kind of made me think of the show Arrow :P
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kqs7f1GTOkU/T2d6MsGjzzI/AAAAAAAADOo/IOvOTXEzCwU/s1600/Picture+1.png
Just to be sure, you do realize Arrow is not about Robin Hood, but the comic book character Green Arrow?

Assassin_M
02-26-2013, 03:28 AM
I played its Demo when I was 10:D

Came with a PC magazine on a DVD. It had other demos too, but I loved this one. I can`t quite remember which mission, but I think I had to save Will Scarlet from this fort. I had friar tuck, Robin Hood, little John and that girl (Can`t remember her name) and each had an ability and it was just so awesome with the strategies and all

Megas_Doux
02-26-2013, 04:03 AM
An AC spin off with some of its core stealth and freedom plus the new uber cool mechanics would be THAT awesome......

D.sH.
12-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Hi,

Sorry. It took me a while. Here you go, Assassin's Creed Robin Hood. I started this cosplay 2 years ago and have been improving it ever since.

https://i.imgsafe.org/e7ae93a3eb.jpg

https://i.imgsafe.org/e7b1808b2f.jpg

If you'd like to see more pictures. I'll be posting some soon in deviantart (user: dshss)

LoyalACFan
12-12-2016, 02:14 PM
That's pretty cool, dude! How did you get the "beak" to stand up like that? Most cosplayers seem to just let it hang loosely in front like a regular hoodie.

cawatrooper9
12-12-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm not a fan of the idea of Robin Hood as an Assassin in canon, but that's a really awesome cosplay! Plus, there's some Assassins Creed and Game of Thrones mixed together! Now that's a match made in heaven!

naumaan
12-12-2016, 09:58 PM
robinhood was a thief, not a killer .. he does not sound like a killer and it would be not a good thing to change him in a killer

cawatrooper9
12-13-2016, 04:09 PM
robinhood was a legend
Fixed :p

D.sH.
12-13-2016, 10:38 PM
That's pretty cool, dude! How did you get the "beak" to stand up like that? Most cosplayers seem to just let it hang loosely in front like a regular hoodie.

Thanks. It took an afternoon just to do that. It would go from "hanging loosely" to "pointing upwards". It took a bit of tinkering from my girlfriend and a lot of patience from me, along with a few needle stings.
By the way, here's her cosplay. It goes a bit off topic. She was an original character we created and called Sora, a japanese Assassin. I based the design on samurai armour and ninja costumes.

https://i.imgsafe.org/065af18bb1.jpg

Her staff would turn into two katanas. If you think that's cool, let me go back to topic. I wanted a bow that came out of the arm, like a hidden blade. In the end, it just wasn't confortable, so I put a holster in the leg, but here's a video of it unfolding (I know, it still has lots of room for improvement).

https://www.facebook.com/pedro.cruz.5602/videos/1231127643647120/

I kinda like the idea of Robin Hood as an Assassin. Not as a main character, because it's a well known name, but the fact that he is a legend in the sense that his very existence is questionable turns him into some kind personification of the will of the people. His story is not well documented. He's like King Arthur. There's a Disney adaptation, but the real story is nowhere to be found. There's a bunch of possible real names and some say he could have been poor while others say he could have noble blood. Some even say that he could be a killer and that he may have killed his father. And that is just perfect (the possibility of being a killer, not the patricide). Of course when we play the games we witness all that violence, but from History's point of view, Assassins were silent. But I don't want to start a debate. I did this for fun.

By the way, cawatrooper. If you liked the AC GoT mix. This one's for you.

https://i.imgsafe.org/06a1853092.jpg

Just to finish. Here's a 360 degree view of a confrontation between Robin Hood and Sora.

https://www.facebook.com/pedro.cruz.5602/videos/1230876893672195/

Now, I apologize for getting carried away. If you'd like to see more photos of the props, I'll be publishing in dshss.deviantart.com one of these days. I'll avoid cluttering this thread any further... unless someone wants me to.

VernalBreak
12-14-2016, 01:01 AM
I love the idea of seeing ubisoft's take on robin hood! If he was an assassin then king john should probably be either grandmaster of the Templar order or the Templars should be controlling him in some way. Regardless of whether he is an assassin or not, the whole "take from the rich and give to the poor" thing should stay and he shouldn't just be a green assassin. As far as open world goes, I think there should be a forest full of trees to climb and rich people to steal from. I think there should be at least one major city "probably where the king is" and you should be recognized as robin hood if you go there dressed like robin hood so I think disguises should be a part of the game sort of like in the ezio games. As far as combat goes, I think it should be a little more difficult then the normal assassin's creed game. I always liked the idea of you having as much health as your enemies so you have to be smarter than them. I think blocking should be a little more like unity as I felt it always made sense to have to block right as they attack. For weapons, I think a robin hood game should be a little more down-to-earth as far as weapons go. I don't think some fancy sword should be 10x better then a less expensive weapon. I think that ultimately the main focus should be on the bow and stealth (your robin hood). There should definitely be a combat system (obviously) but it should be focused on quickly and effectively beating up a on or a few enemies as the main focus really should be ranged and stealth. As for its relation to other assassin's creed games, very similar combat to unity (hopefully a little more smooth). Similar stealth to Unity and Syndicate as being able to crouch and choosing when you want to cover would be very important. As far as mechanics for ranged combat, I think that kind of a cross between black flag and 3 would be best.

I realize I say a lot here. I love the idea of a robin hood game made by ubi and this is what seemed particularly good imo.

D.sH.
12-14-2016, 07:28 AM
I realize I say a lot here. I love the idea of a robin hood game made by ubi and this is what seemed particularly good imo.

I disagree. I think you didn't say enough :D. We'd be back to no firearms, which I personaly would enjoy and it would be hard to include sailing, I guess. Like you said, lots of forests.. I enjoyed the scenery in Black Flag, but the story was a bit lacking in my opinion. Robin Hood could be well exploited in that sense.
I like that he could be recognized. Maybe it could be similar to the notoriety system, but I really find no joy in becoming stealth by ripping posters. Also, notoriety in this case could be a two sided sword instead of just being bad. If people recognize you and know you fight for them, they could offer advantage.

While I built the costume, I imagined a backstory. My Robin Hood was left by his father and became an orphan a few years later. He was then raised by a small group of Assassins that were coming from the east (it's hard to place Robin in a given century, which give some wiggle room, but I confess I didn't invest too much time in this). They were like eagles, but his trailts were more fox-like (I don't really know what this means as I didn't develop it further. It was just a nod to the cartoons... I engraved a celtic-knot fox in my scabbard). Being different gave him advantage in certain missions and he became essential for their success. However, when he attempted on King John's life he was distracted by a Templar guard that he recognized as his father. He was distracted by vengeance (not sure why) and focused on killing his father (which I read somewhere he might have done) instead. King John escaped and urged the Pope to cleanse the country and get rid of these foreign fighters. The small group of Assassins was eradicated and only Robin survived. Feeling without guidance and like there was only one kind of thing he was good at, he focused on helping the people and gathered the Merrymen. I named him Robin Cenwig of Locksley, because I like the band (Locksley) and it was one of his possible real names. Cenwig is a name that could turn into Kenway. Hood doesn't need to be a real name. It could be just because of the hood. I imagined he'd hide his dark story under a character that'd be a bit fun (read naughty) like Edward Kenway and playful, using his fox-like wit to joke around and play with the enemies.

In retrospect, maybe I went too far down the rabbit hole.

cawatrooper9
12-14-2016, 03:29 PM
by the way, cawatrooper. If you liked the ac got mix. This one's for you.

https://i.imgsafe.org/06a1853092.jpg

wun-wun!