PDA

View Full Version : The Tyranny will build up and flesh out Connor's character even more!

FirestarLuva
02-15-2013, 09:04 PM
There’s only a few days left until the release of ”The Infamy’, the first episode of Assassin’s Creed 3 downloadable content, The Tyranny of King George Washington. We were lucky enough to sit down with its creative director last week for a chat about the downloadable content and the rise of episodic content in the video-games industry.

This interview was conducted by Diogo Miguel.

For those who haven’t finished Assassin’s Creed 3, please be advised this interview contains story spoilers.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. Would you like to introduce yourself first?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Yes, my name is Marc-Alexis Cote and I’m the creative director on The Tyranny of King George Washington; the three part downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed 3.

Assassin’s Creed has always been appreciated for its thorough and fairly accurate depiction of history; using key historical figures but placing them in fictional scenarios. King Washington is something quite different, however. Why have you chosen to go completely off the leash with this downloadable content and create a wholly fictional scenario that goes against everything that’s ever happened and everything you’ve ever done?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, one of the things that, for me, is important, is that it all starts with what is important for downloadable content. In my opinion, downloadable content has to bring something new to the table to be very interesting for the player, and that’s where we started off with the idea of giving powers to the players, to modify the game experience and really make it a valuable experience for them. So for me, creating those three powers – the wolf cloak, the eagle flight and the bear might – were only possible by using this alternate reality

The second point, in Assassin’s Creed 2, we picture George Washington with an Apple of Eden. It’s been in the back of the mind of fans for the last five years, and it’s not something we touched on in Assassin’s creed 3. I felt like the downloadable content had to address that. And players will see by the end of the last episode, if they unlock all the artefacts, they will better understand exactly how Connor became Connor. because this story, it’s the story of Ratonhnhaké:ton. The alternate history is the story of Ratonhnhaké:ton. But overall it’s still the story of Connor and the real George Washington.

It’s something players will grow to understand as they progress through each episode of the downloadable content. For me, that’s one of the rewards of the downloadable content. Of playing it and finishing it and understanding how it all fits in with the core of the franchise.

It’s been said in the media, by mistake, that this is not a cannon experience. But we do consider it a cannon experience. We explain what George Washington did with the apple of Eden, and you will have to play the entire episodes to see exactly how this brings us back to Connor and George Washington.

You’ve said the downloadable content is cannon and set in an alternate reality. However, are you completely freeing the shackles of this downloadable content? If so, how are you introducing this content to players? Through the Animus, or in a different way altogether?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, you need to understand how this is explained to the player. By the end of Assassin’s Creed 3 - big spoiler warning – Desmond dies and his memory is uploaded to the cloud. So all the memories of Desmond are still accessible. This story is constructed from the memories of Desmond. But it’s just that you don’t play it through the eyes of Desmond. You just play it through his uploaded conscience. So it is still part of, again, the memories of Desmond and this is why we are saying it is cannon and something that happened to Connor and George Washington. But players will have to play it to understand exactly why and how.

This presents a good question actually. Is it necessary to play the story of Assassin’s Creed 3 to the end before going on to the downloadable content?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Nope, and that’s one of the things we tried to accomplish with this downloadable content. To have it as a standalone(expansion). So that’s another reason for having an alternate history, with a narrative wrapper set in the real world. That’s one of the reason we did this. For players to be able to enjoy it without finishing Assassin’s Creed 3.

This three part episodic downloadable content is a revolutionary new model you’re pioneering here. As you clearly have a large story to tell, how much content would you say is available across all three episodes? How does this model fit into the downloadable content world and do you think this could be a model for future expansions, not just in Assassin’s Creed but in any other franchise?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Across all three episodes we have more than seven and a half hours of content. So we have two and a half hours per episode. So, yes, this is a new model that we are trying. We are trying to do episodic content. But for me, it’s like a TV show right? Like Lost for example. Players get a lot of questions in the first episode and then grow into the story. And then they get their answers by the end. The only thing is that the end is more satisfying in our case, than it is with Lost, in my opinion.

So it’s a new model that we are trying. In my opinion, it makes the pace of the story super interesting, because each episode ends with a cliffhanger, and players are like ‘I want to know what happens’. I think it structures the story in a way. Those two and a half an hour episodes, to me, feel fun to play and they give a lot of expectation about what is to come next; so it makes things interesting – I just can’t stop playing it when I play it.

In terms of downloadable content, do you think there could be a future for this type of episodic material in upcoming Ubisoft titles ?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, we will see how fans respond to this kind of content. Hopefully they will love it. But for me, episodic content is something that is starting to pick up. In the industry we have seen it with Telltale, for example, with The Walking Dead video-game, and it’s definitely something we are trying also. We are always on the look out for new models/ ideas and I can’t wait to see how fans respond to it.

Will you be introducing any new game play mechanics in this downloadable content not seen in Assassin’s Creed 3? Is there something players should look out for in particular or anything that could surprise them?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Since the powers are based on the pillars of Assassin’s Creed – stealth, navigation and combat – they just become part of the arsenal/tools that the player can use right. And for me it’s like, you get the eagle power, and it magically transforms the way you navigate, and you walk around the city. You explore the city right? And when you start combining the two, using the eagle, then you decide to kill enemies, then use wolf cloak. It just becomes natural. Kill enemy, activate the wolf cloak, walk around and use the eagle flight to escape without being seen. It just makes for a very stealthy experience.

By adding these powers does it make it easier, for example, to have missions where you are not supposed to be seen? Do you think it makes it easier when you use these powers?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, we build the missions around the new powers. Right, so they all take into consideration the new power you have obtained. For example, when you need to stalk an enemy, you can use the wolf cloak to do it much more easily. But then you have guards that will just walk in the middle of your path, so you need to avoid them. Because if you bump into an enemy, you are going to get detected and use your wolf cloak.

So there are definitely different challenges to build on this using those powers. Because it changes the way we need to approach some of our mission design. But we’ve got all the tools to make it challenging for the players.

The decision to create a ‘parallel Connor’ is surprising and intriguing. You’ve spent a long time building up this character and seeing him rise to his role of Assassin. Now it almost feels like players are having to start over?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, you see , we are not forgetting character. The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton. So you see, when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused. You can see him start as Connor: ‘What am I doing here. Mum you are alive’. And then you can see him growing into Ratonhnhaké:ton, his native self. When you are playing downloadable content B(Episode 2), he is going to question himself : ‘What am I doing here? Who am I really?’. And by the end of downloadable content C(episode 3) you will see Connor again, make a comeback at the end. And understand exactly how this is all related to Connor. So it’s not like we are forgetting Connor. It’s like we are building upon Connor and all the side content. All the side missions that you do are related to Connor’s motivation as a character.

Connor’s motivation is fighting oppression, right? So when you walk around the Frontier, Boston and New York – you see people starving and people in slave cars. You see people being attacked by rabid animals. And have to help those people. So this all ties into the whole Connor personna.

But Ratonhnhaké:ton’s motivation is seeking revenge for the death of his mother. He sees his mother die. And for me that’s something quick to build up. I mean, we take Connor as the base persona and we inject some new emotions into him. I think that’s one of the main attractions of the downloadable content. You actually get the impression of a new character, but at the same time giving more depth to the original.

As a last question, this sort of feels like more of a new story than just additional content. Would you like to give people a reason as to why they should give The Tyranny of King Washington a try?

Marc-Alexis Cote: For me, there are three main reasons. First one is that we are experimenting with a new way to play Assassin’s Creed. Different ways to explore pillars of the game.

There’s also an incredible new story that will be rewarding as it plays out and there’s a great amount of content. It’s more than seven and a half hours of main story content plus side quests that the player can do. Though, for me, it’s an invaluable investment for them to also do the optional side quests.

http://expansivedlc.com/interview-marc-alexis-cote-creative-director-at-ubisoft/

-----

So,
1 More Connor build up
2 Desmond appears, sort of
3 Main story 7.5 hours plus side missions
4 IT'S CANON!

I have a feeling if this DLC is as awesome as it sounds it might lift AC3's score by at least one! And it's great that we'll be seeing canon Connor and maybe get a glimpse of the character development that was briefly shown in the epilogue. And Connor being torn about who he is? Is he Connor or Ratonhnhaké:ton? I feel that this will add a lot more light to his character and maybe people will finally see he is not a two-dimensional character.

pacmanate
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
"Across all three episodes we have more than seven and a half hours of content. So we have two and a half hours per episode."

So.. they say 2.5 hours on each episode. I am saying that there will be 1 hour IN missions. The rest will be running around or looking for chests. My hopes for the length are real low, anyone thinking you are going to get 2.5 hours out of each episode is foolish. Ubisoft have lied so much about this game already about features, and about how long the Hidden Secrets pack was (an hour?LOL) that this will defo not be 2.5 hours.

Megas_Doux
02-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Interesting!

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
I can't wait. This is gonna' be amazing i know it. I love that the devs are experimenting with how we play the game, mixing up the formula. I have my theories of how this will be viable as cannon, but f it, i'm just gonna' play the crap out of this come Tuesday.

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
"Across all three episodes we have more than seven and a half hours of content. So we have two and a half hours per episode."

So.. they say 2.5 hours on each episode. I am saying that there will be 1 hour IN missions. The rest will be running around or looking for chests. My hopes for the length are real low, anyone thinking you are going to get 2.5 hours out of each episode is foolish. Ubisoft have lied so much about this game already about features, and about how long the Hidden Secrets pack was (an hour?LOL) that this will defo not be 2.5 hours.
Oh, didn't you hear? It's 2.5 hours in dog years.

pacmanate
02-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh, didn't you hear? It's 2.5 hours in dog years.

:(

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 09:30 PM

What?, chests, artifacts and other side missions all count as content. Marc-Alexis Cote clearly states that all the side content is part of that 7.5 hour time frame. So obviously if you only count the "main missions" it's going to be shorter -_-

silvermercy
02-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Don't care how long it is, I just want to see shirtless Connor! xD

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 10:16 PM
What?, chests, artifacts and other side missions all count as content. Marc-Alexis Cote clearly states that all the side content is part of that 7.5 hour time frame. So obviously if you only count the "main missions" it's going to be shorter -_-

You're technically right, but he does have a point. If half of the length comes from doing asinine things like looting chests, it's kind of a crooked way of extending the length they can tell the press.

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
You're technically right, but he does have a point. If half of the length comes from doing asinine things like looting chests, it's kind of a crooked way of extending the length they can tell the press.

It won't be. There are artifacts that, if collected, will provide us a better understanding of the story. Video file unlocks have been confirmed. The looting of new chests could open up new crafting options and such. So i really don't see his point. Not bashing him, just sayin.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Marc-Alexis Cote:

The second point, in Assassin’s Creed 2, we picture George Washington with an Apple of Eden. It’s been in the back of the mind of fans for the last five years, and it’s not something we touched on in Assassin’s creed 3. I felt like the downloadable content had to address that. And players will see by the end of the last episode, if they unlock all the artefacts, they will better understand exactly how Connor became Connor. because this story, it’s the story of Ratonhnhaké:ton. The alternate history is the story of Ratonhnhaké:ton. But overall it’s still the story of Connor and the real George Washington.

It’s something players will grow to understand as they progress through each episode of the downloadable content. For me, that’s one of the rewards of the downloadable content. Of playing it and finishing it and understanding how it all fits in with the core of the franchise.

It’s been said in the media, by mistake, that this is not a cannon experience. But we do consider it a cannon experience. We explain what George Washington did with the apple of Eden, and you will have to play the entire episodes to see exactly how this brings us back to Connor and George Washington.

Well, you see , we are not forgetting character. The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton. So you see, when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused. You can see him start as Connor: ‘What am I doing here. Mum you are alive’. And then you can see him growing into Ratonhnhaké:ton, his native self. When you are playing downloadable content B(Episode 2), he is going to question himself : ‘What am I doing here? Who am I really?’. And by the end of downloadable content C(episode 3) you will see Connor again, make a comeback at the end. And understand exactly how this is all related to Connor. So it’s not like we are forgetting Connor. It’s like we are building upon Connor and all the side content. All the side missions that you do are related to Connor’s motivation as a character.

Connor’s motivation is fighting oppression, right? So when you walk around the Frontier, Boston and New York – you see people starving and people in slave cars. You see people being attacked by rabid animals. And have to help those people. So this all ties into the whole Connor personna.

But Ratonhnhaké:ton’s motivation is seeking revenge for the death of his mother. He sees his mother die. And for me that’s something quick to build up. I mean, we take Connor as the base persona and we inject some new emotions into him. I think that’s one of the main attractions of the downloadable content. You actually get the impression of a new character, but at the same time giving more depth to the original.

There’s also an incredible new story that will be rewarding as it plays out and there’s a great amount of content. It’s more than seven and a half hours of main story content plus side quests that the player can do. Though, for me, it’s an invaluable investment for them to also do the optional side quests.http://i50.tinypic.com/2n9kjd5.gif

Is this real life!??! They're saying all the right things!!! Yes Ubi YESSS!!! More about Raton and Native characters, more Native customs, more about Raton's background, MOAAARRR!!!

(well, except maybe for the Connor/Raton part which I think started to not make sense half-way through Marc's explanation lol :p )

Gil_217
02-16-2013, 01:28 AM
It's been said in the media, by mistake, that this is not a canon experience

LOL at this.

They've been the ones claiming this is an alternate scenario/history, therefore not canon, so what are they expecting? Every single time they mentioned this DLC they always mentioned it as being an alternate history, so I don't really know what the hell they're thinking. What a mess.

From the Season Pass and the ToKW announcement:

Assassin's Creed III downloadable content will feature "The Tyranny of King Washington", an all new single-player campaign told through tree episodic content that lets gamers experience an alternate history of the events following the American Revolution.

"While Assassin's Creed 3 concentrates on history as it happens," said executive producer Sebastien Puel, "we wanted to take some liberties with this DLC and tell you how things could have happened."

So much for consistency.

I don't even mention Connor's mother anymore to support my argument. All of the previous are enough.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 01:33 AM
A dream/hallucination is alternate history since it doesn't actually happened. I dreamed last night that I kissed Assassin_M. That's alternate history since it didn't happen. But it's canon since I remember it and will act upon the experience from the dream :D

Gil_217
02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
A dream/hallucination is alternate history since it doesn't actually happened. I dreamed last night that I kissed Assassin_M. That's alternate history since it didn't happen. But it's canon since I remember it and will act upon the experience from the dream :D

How can a dream actually progress anything? Those events didn't really happened. It's absolutely worthless! Even more ridiculous of an excuse. It will progress/advance literally nothing.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 01:40 AM
How can a dream actually progress anything? Those events didn't really happened. It's absolutely worthless! Even more ridiculous of an excuse. It will progress/advance literally nothing.Maybe it's a hallucination that shows him future of what will happen if he doesn't take away the Apple from G-Wash? That would make him act in real life

VitaminsXYZ
02-16-2013, 01:42 AM

Alright that made me laugh. XD

And I agree with your take on the alternate history.

How can a dream actually progress anything? Those events didn't really happened. It's absolutely worthless! Even more ridiculous of an excuse. It will progress/advance literally nothing.

In the end it's still a what-if scenario for us players though. All they're really doing is making it canon for Connor. And plus, it's not even out yet - it may end up progressing something in the end anyways, which is what they seem to be hinting at.

Gil_217
02-16-2013, 01:46 AM
People are just trying to make ludicrous assumptions because they really want this DLC to work, make sense and be relevant. I don't blame you, you guys are fans of him, but the inconsistencies displayed by Ubisoft regarding the canonicity of this DLC are not a very good indicator. I just hope this DLC doesn't become a complete and utter mess.

VitaminsXYZ
02-16-2013, 01:59 AM
People are just trying to make ludicrous assumptions because they really want this DLC to work, make sense and be relevant. I don't blame you, you guys are fans of him, but the inconsistencies displayed by Ubisoft regarding the canonicity of this DLC are not a very good indicator. I just hope this DLC doesn't become a complete and utter mess.

Not sure if that was directed at me as well. I don't think my assumption was all that ludicrous... in fact I thought that was what they were going for when they first announced it.
In any case, this whole "canon or not" issue doesn't really bother me. As long as I have fun playing it.

Although I also hope that they don't go too overboard with things, like the hallucinogens... While the animal powers seem cool, I could probably do without them as well.

Gil_217
02-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Not sure if that was directed at me as well. I don't think my assumption was all that ludicrous... in fact I thought that was what they were going for when they first announced it.
In any case, this whole "canon or not" issue doesn't really bother me. As long as I have fun playing it.

Although I also hope that they don't go too overboard with things, like the hallucinogens... While the animal powers seem cool, I could probably do without them as well.

No powers for me, that's for sure. I might give them a try, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like it one bit.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this DLC will be somewhat of a mess story-wise, but especially regarding the canonicity of all that is displayed on the DLC, what is canon, what is not.... Like I said before, the lack of coherence from Ubisoft regarding this DLC's being canon or not is not a good indicator.

StUbbZ24
02-16-2013, 02:30 AM
It doesn't matter how long Ubi says it is. People will just bumrush it on purpose anyway so they can have something to come here and cry about.

FirestarLuva
02-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Here's something more from the creative director:

I don't want to spoil the story too much, but the new Ratonhnhaké:ton starts out as Connor. It's a kind of weird puzzle for the player to solve. The first thing he sees is his mother, and he's like, "What are you doing here? Why are you alive?" These are questions that will follow the player throughout the three DLCs, and you'll get an answer - a very satisfying answer - at the end.

You can actually start to get a glimpse of that answer by participating in the secondary gameplay loop, and collecting what we call Memory Artefacts. When you collect three of them in one episode, you get a video, which is part of a longer video that explains to you how Connor came to be Ratonhnhaké:ton in this alternate reality. So it all fits together in an experience that is canon, that is important, and that fits into the mythology of the Assassin's Creed universe.

And regarding about Connor knowing all of this alternative reality;

Yes, he's totally aware of it. He knows something is wrong and something doesn't gel. The more he becomes embedded in this reality, the harder it is for him to separate himself, and by the end he will have a choice to stay or leave.

NO! I hope he doesn't stay! :(

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 03:06 AM

I don't want to spoil the story too much, but the new Ratonhnhaké:ton starts out as Connor. It's a kind of weird puzzle for the player to solve. The first thing he sees is his mother, and he's like, "What are you doing here? Why are you alive?" These are questions that will follow the player throughout the three DLCs, and you'll get an answer - a very satisfying answer - at the end.

You can actually start to get a glimpse of that answer by participating in the secondary gameplay loop, and collecting what we call Memory Artefacts. When you collect three of them in one episode, you get a video, which is part of a longer video that explains to you how Connor came to be Ratonhnhaké:ton in this alternate reality. So it all fits together in an experience that is canon, that is important, and that fits into the mythology of the Assassin's Creed universe.

Yes, he's totally aware of it. He knows something is wrong and something doesn't gel. The more he becomes embedded in this reality, the harder it is for him to separate himself, and by the end he will have a choice to stay or leave.

I wish you could have posted this in another thread where this is the exact point i was trying to get across and getting bashed for it lol

Nice find again though! :)

FirestarLuva
02-16-2013, 03:11 AM
I wish you could have posted this in another thread where this is the exact point i was trying to get across and getting bashed for it lol

Nice find again though! :)

Thanks. :)

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Yes, he's totally aware of it. He knows something is wrong and something doesn't gel. The more he becomes embedded in this reality, the harder it is for him to separate himself, and by the end he will have a choice to stay or leave.[/I]

NO! I hope he doesn't stay! :(Interesting. Maybe the entire thing is a gift from Juno? Yes, she's the resident ***** and all but with Raton, at the end of the game, it kind of seemed to me that she actually liked him and felt for him that he didn't manage to achieve what he hoped for. Maybe it's her idea of offering him a, dunno, dream world, permanent stay in Nexus in which he wins and keeps what he wanted to make up for all he lost in real life?

Probably not but fun to speculate :p

FirestarLuva
02-16-2013, 03:29 AM
Interesting. Maybe the entire thing is a gift from Juno? Yes, she's the resident ***** and all but with Raton, at the end of the game, it kind of seemed to me that she actually liked him and felt for him that he didn't manage to achieve what he hoped for. Maybe it's her idea of offering him a, dunno, dream world, permanent stay in Nexus in which he wins and keeps what he wanted to make up for all he lost in real life?

Probably not but fun to speculate :p

I don't think Juno liked Connor. She lied to him and used him to achieve her goals.
If Juno has something to do with this, I doubt she create the new reality as a 'gift' for Connor. I fear it will all be for personal goals again. I just hope Connor doesn't anger her or something at the end and she traps him in another reality and that'd be the last we see of Connor. D:
But I'd like to believe Connor wakes up and it all turns out to be a vision from the apple as to what might happen if Washington keeps it. The creative director did say Connor will make a comeback at the end.
And to add, I'm really loving this whole Connor losing himself, being torn. Maybe at the end he'll be torn whether to stay with his people in the AU or go back to the real world. I'm rooting for the second one. I hope he remembers he promised to make Achilles proud. Staying with his people and forgetting about the Homestead and the residents would be kicking Achilles in his grave.

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 03:40 AM

I'm no fan of the TKW, but delivering a DLC in which both gameplay and storyline have been altered was the boldest initiative I've seen from Ubisoft. I can't say I'm looking foward to it, but the concept of fantasy/reality caught my eye! It has raised a lot of questions and a major speculation, one can only hope Ubisoft meets our expectations.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 03:48 AM
I don't think Juno liked Connor. She lied to him and used him to achieve her goals.
If Juno has something to do with this, I doubt she create the new reality as a 'gift' for Connor. I fear it will all be for personal goals again. I just hope Connor doesn't anger her or something at the end and she traps him in another reality and that'd be the last we see of Connor. D:
But I'd like to believe Connor wakes up and it all turns out to be a vision from the apple as to what might happen if Washington keeps it. The creative director did say Connor will make a comeback at the end.
And to add, I'm really loving this whole Connor losing himself, being torn. Maybe at the end he'll be torn whether to stay with his people in the AU or go back to the real world. I'm rooting for the second one. I hope he remembers he promised to make Achilles proud. Staying with his people and forgetting about the Homestead and the residents would be kicking Achilles in his grave.
Of course she used him, but like I said, at the end, the scene gave me the impression that she still grew to like him in some way. Maybe it was just the way the actress delivered the lines (not exactly how devs intended the story to be) or maybe the camera angles. But I dunno. She's not a totally black & white character either. When she said "what freedom is this?" to Desmond, that was still about accomplishing her goals but it also was genuine, she was correct in this argument with Minerva.

But that just maybe my personal interpretation. Just thinking that from her perspective, it ain't any amazing accomplishment to use a naive young guy from pre-high tech era. So maybe she felt at least a bit of encouragement was appropriate...

BeeMavrick559
02-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Lets see, my heads in the clouds for this one..... WAIT! My heads in the clouds. No! It's my mind? That's a really great way to use what's going on in the real world, with the cloud in real life. I already have a few apps in there. No biggie. This is going to be great. I am definitely getting my money's worth. But I couldnt help but feel like I wasn't a true supporter of this game for not buy these separate. As it does cost more. It's just that this game really does take money and with brotherhood not getting paid dlcs how much money did they sink in before they had to start with the passport, which is carried on to this day. It's no wonder why it was joes apartment with ac3......

This is going to sync in with my other comments on future games. I gave my whole load down in another post. I wasn't trying to stay along the lines of cannon as I played the ending three times. And I know my history too. I just want to know if this three part dlc with open the door with all of Bens tech. The door in that room is look and I have a feeling it's apart of this game if not I am going to be really up set. No use for a room in a house you can go everywhere in, except on room. Upsetting! But my guess Ben becomes an assassin. Alternate reality. And another thing lets say this next game continues into Mexico; DEVZ LISTEN UP! Make another three part episode of Zapata. He willing turned himself in, and got shot up like thirty times. I had seen it in a move while Ina class on the history of Mexico. There was something interesting in the multiplayer that caught my eye. Lol. There's a Poe in Mexico huh?

As for the special powers, there really awesome. When i was 4 read this short story about human history it started with Egyptian and Mesopotamian lore. Then it finished of with Alexander the Great, but I couldn't help but feel something missing. Ac series was what was missing! Even to this day It creeps me out to have gotten wat I'd asked for something on a massive scale. One other time was for snow and living in California everyone knows you go to the mountins for snow but the snow came to me and I live four hours, north east of L A. That day of snow and these games really have been a dream come true.

I really hope to see my thought on this game come out. I didn't say much here because its lengthy. But can't wait for more AC! This if going to be extra nice as my birthday was right around the last dlc and I won't have Xbox live till then so it's a great birthday present. Now all I have to do is get my mom a tablet for hers and ill be a happy camper.

BeeMavrick559
02-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Will the D. N. A. Also be up by the first dlcs of tokW

lothario-da-be
02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Keep this in mind
Part 1 is 2,5 hours long = everybody buys season pass
part 2 is 1 hours long
part 3 is less then 1 hour but they got there money already.
And that is why i wait to buy the season pass before all content is released.

Vex_Assassin
02-16-2013, 04:11 PM
There's no way we are getting 7,5 hours of main missions... Main story for Revelations was about 8 hours and it was a main game.

WalSwJan
02-16-2013, 04:17 PM
There's no way we are getting 7,5 hours of main missions... Main story for Revelations was about 8 hours and it was a main game.
Revelations was that short? o_o I actually remember it being quite long and repetitive.

kuled2012
02-16-2013, 04:18 PM
So Connor will be more likeable in a non canon story? Nice one Ubi.

WalSwJan
02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
So Connor will be more likeable in a non canon story? Nice one Ubi.

It IS canon.

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM
You guys are saying "Non-Canon", No I saw nothing's non-canon. It's canon even if it's an alternate history story. Juno and Minerva talked about possibilities in the timeline that are calculated based on present and past actions, so what if Abstergo who took Desmond's body are using his genes to calculate another possibility and see the what-if story and it's effect on the story that WE HAVE. That makes it canon as hell.

kuled2012
02-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Wait it's Canon? Wait what??

WalSwJan
02-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Read the interview..he is clearly saying it's canon.

kuled2012
02-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah I just did. So Ziio rose back from the dead and Washington really was a tyrant? What's going on with the devs, Jesus Christ.

I-Like-Pie45
02-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Supposedly, the main timeline Connor has woken from a dream and has found himself in an alternate reality where he still has his old memories of AC3 despite them never happening in this new reality. Which is why he acts surprised when he finds out that his mother never died and or when he finds out that King Washington is a massive jerk.

So I suppose that in addition to stopping King Washington, a bulk of the DLC's plot will be revolving around Connor/Raton trying to find out exactly WTH happened and how to get back to his own timeline.

WalSwJan
02-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah I just did. So Ziio rose back from the dead and Washington really was a tyrant? What's going on with the devs, Jesus Christ.
No,he is in a different timeline but he is totally aware of it.
Read this : http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391342/interviews/interview-ubisoft-on-ac3s-first-dlc-the-tyranny-of-king-washington/
I think it explains things better..

kuled2012
02-16-2013, 05:58 PM
No,he is in a different timeline but he is totally aware of it.
Read this : http://www.computerandvideogames.com/391342/interviews/interview-ubisoft-on-ac3s-first-dlc-the-tyranny-of-king-washington/
I think it explains things better..

Right...I get it. I think it's absolutely stupid to be honest but at least it makes a bit more sense.

Spider_Sith9
02-16-2013, 07:04 PM

Is Assassin_M a girl? Because you seem to swoon over M alot. If so, I want in on the alternate reality action. :D

InfectedNation
02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Connor exists in real world.
Sometime after the end of the game, the Connor we know somehow finds himself in alternate world.
At the end of the DLC he has the choice to stay in alternate reality or return to Canon world.

So in the real world... None of this happened - But it's Canon because it still happened to Connor.

From the way they've been describing it, it seems this alternate world is much more complicated than a simple dream. I suspect it's related to the fact that Washington got and Apple in canon reality too.

avk111
02-17-2013, 04:20 AM
I gotta hand it to Mr.Cote,

i think that is a very very smart way of approaching Connor, canon story shows Ratonhaketon become an Assassin and now he continues to explore the other side of him which is Connor becoming Ratonhaketon , that dear sir is pure creativity and I salute you. Because as a main canon lover I thought the two stories won't be tied to canon main character guess now his journey continues :)

not to mention by the end of the episodes of TOKW Our main Connor will get a new resolution. :)

Jexx21
02-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Is Assassin_M a girl? Because you seem to swoon over M alot. If so, I want in on the alternate reality action. :D
As far as I know, RatonhnhakeFan either prefers men or is open to both sexes... (plz no think this is offensive)

diaboslb7
02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
perhaps the tyranny of king george washington in the end bring us an opening to the next assassin `s creed perhaps with connor

RatonhnhakeFan
02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Is Assassin_M a girl?
No :o

FirestarLuva
02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
I gotta hand it to Mr.Cote,

i think that is a very very smart way of approaching Connor, canon story shows Ratonhaketon become an Assassin and now he continues to explore the other side of him which is Connor becoming Ratonhaketon , that dear sir is pure creativity and I salute you. Because as a main canon lover I thought the two stories won't be tied to canon main character guess now his journey continues :)

not to mention by the end of the episodes of TOKW Our main Connor will get a new resolution. :)

I know right? Pure genius!
Reading all the interviews, it seems Cote has put the main focus on the story more, rather than gameplay. Connor had a great arc over AC3, if this story turns out just as awesome and adds even more depth than Connor already has, like he said, we're looking forward at the set up of a really dynamic and fantastic character. In my opinion, Connor takes the lead as one of the most well-written characters in AC, no other character had such a build up. I'm glad they're not rushing into making a new game about him this year, instead we get to see a side and story about him that, unfortunately , didn't make it to AC3's narrative. Before AC3 came out, I hoped that Connor will have some sence of division, who he really is. Is he Connor, an assassin on a mission to take down the Templars, or Ratonhnhaké:ton, the warrior who swore to protect his people? I'm glad this DLC touches upon that, and I have a feeling at the end, when he'll have a choice to stay or leave will be a very powerful moment for his character if played right.
After finding out the story about this, I can say AC3 met all my expectations, in terms of story, that is.

Rogue Agent 035
02-17-2013, 10:05 PM
What I'd like to verify is how on earth are they gonna introduce this new cannon to us? I mean desmond's dead, so are they just gonna jump into Raton as he awakes from this dream to see his mother an just jump into the missions or are we gonna see a short cutscene/explaination as we did at the start of AC3?

silvermercy
02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
What I'd like to verify is how on earth are they gonna introduce this new cannon to us? I mean desmond's dead, so are they just gonna jump into Raton as he awakes from this dream to see his mother an just jump into the missions or are we gonna see a short cutscene/explaination as we did at the start of AC3?
Spoiler: I read in the interview article that "The Cloud" is utilised to explain how we can access Desmond's memories.

Rogue Agent 035
02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Spoiler: I read in the interview article that "The Cloud" is utilised to explain how we can access Desmond's memories.

Well that's interestin...., an if that's the case, we may see/hear somethin about the new method they will use in ac4 I presume (pure speculation on my part though)