PDA

View Full Version : Retail version with Steam DLC?

MuriloBFS
02-15-2013, 02:31 AM
So, I bought the retail version of the game and I'm looking foward to acquire the Season Pass. The problem is, I can only purchase it from Steam. I've added the game on the library as a non-steam game, but still, steam won't let me buy the dlc, claiming I don't have the game.

Is there any way to buy the DLC from steam with the retail version?

Anykeyer
02-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Wont fly

Mr_Shade
02-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Wont fly
indeed.

Steam is a closed system - Steam DLC will only work with Steam versions of the game.

GalakFyarr
02-16-2013, 10:03 AM
I've added the game on the library as a non-steam game,

There's your problem. You don't own the game on steam at all, you have the retail version. Adding a non-steam game doesn't magically mean you own the game on steam.

I'm guessing you have to use Uplay (or whatever the official Ubisoft store is) to buy the DLC.

Desmond.Miles.
02-16-2013, 12:19 PM
OKAY SO. For all of you lovely costumers here is what MR_Shade is trying to hide:
If you have money in steam wallet (from present or smthin :) ) but you dont have money to spend on ubishop, and u want dlc here is what u can do:
find a player without the dlc u want, gift him the dlc and tell him to give u the code. Steam codes for AC3 itself wont work without steam ac3 but DLC codes are shared between steam and uplay version so DLC codes on steam also work on UPlay ac3. I've already done this for one of my friends. She gifted me the first 2 dlcs (since i already have season pass) and i just gave her code and we found really easily installers for them on inet. For example vginside makes videos and puts download links in description of his vids. Don't let the greedy UBISOFT lie to you :)
You're welcome, now let the forum managers start hating on me and banning me :)))))))))) they are so.... entertaining :)))

AjinkyaParuleka
02-16-2013, 12:34 PM
OKAY SO. For all of you lovely costumers here is what MR_Shade is trying to hide:
If you have money in steam wallet (from present or smthin :) ) but you dont have money to spend on ubishop, and u want dlc here is what u can do:
find a player without the dlc u want, gift him the dlc and tell him to give u the code. Steam codes for AC3 itself wont work without steam ac3 but DLC codes are shared between steam and uplay version so DLC codes on steam also work on UPlay ac3. I've already done this for one of my friends. She gifted me the first 2 dlcs (since i already have season pass) and i just gave her code and we found really easily installers for them on inet. For example vginside makes videos and puts download links in description of his vids. Don't let the greedy UBISOFT lie to you :)
You're welcome, now let the forum managers start hating on me and banning me :)))))))))) they are so.... entertaining :)))
You sir,are retar.ded.

GalakFyarr
02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh, absolutely, this doesn't sound ridiculously convoluted at all., not to mention the risk of never seeing your money back if the person you gift to decides to screw you over.

Just buy the DLC through the official Ubisoft shop.

YazX_
02-17-2013, 02:25 PM
You sir,are retar.ded.

probably 10 years old kid.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
OK let's stop with the insults please.

Desmond.Miles.
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
ok guyz, the fact you are screaming "I DONT TRUST MY FRIENDS, THEY MIGHT STEAL MY MONEY" is your own problem. i don't think tho it's appropriate to change the topic to your trust issues when here we are talking about ubisoft's dlcs c: i told you that i did it with a friend i never really met in real life and we were friends for just a month or so now. The problem is to who u decide to gift dlc, it's ur own problem that ur friends aren't trust worthy c: (yes i am thinking now to attach the "apply water to the burned area" pic but im too lazy, and i can't be bothered that much by obviously a... ah they told me not to insult right... guy on inet )
P.S. I'm not 10 but close enough xD and btw age is not equal to knowledge. Obviously I know much more than you about this game, so don't try to bring up my age. I was just mad that a UBISOFT FORUM MANAGER (hired by ubisoft) is lying to a costumer.
P.P.S. Hehe I got a warning. Funny how the guy that helped you with tutorial about the loss streak exploit is now threatened to be banned :| but ah,I guess that is what people call #UBISOFT LOGIC. So close to being as weird as camp fire under water next to under water beach xD
P.P.P.S. okay i cant hold it anymore BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN c: