PDA

View Full Version : TOKW Availabity question.........

Rogue Agent 035
02-15-2013, 02:06 AM
So I noticed in my menu screen that there's a slot for the TOKW, an was wonderin since Pt. 1 will be released this coming tuesday will we have access to it say between midnight an 1am the monday night (early tuesday morning)?

Rogue Agent 035

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 04:04 AM
Depends on when the XBL Marketplace/PSN Store updates. You still have to buy it and download it first, the patch just added the interface on the menu.

Rogue Agent 035
02-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Depends on when the XBL Marketplace/PSN Store updates. You still have to buy it and download it first, the patch just added the interface on the menu.

True, but since I've got the season pass (along with numerous others) wasn't sure if it was gonna be available to everybody similar to a midnight release.

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 04:49 AM
No, you would still have to download it from the store.

Abeonis
02-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Still, it appears that TOKW is going to be separate from the main-game, much like The Lost Archive, as opposed to integrated like The Da Vinci Disappearance, which is, dissappointing :\

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Still, it appears that TOKW is going to be separate from the main-game, much like The Lost Archive, as opposed to integrated like The Da Vinci Disappearance, which is, dissappointing :\
Hm, I disagree! Adding a secundary entry for the Tyranny of King Washington sounds necessary, given the fact it's an alternate story, before the events of Assassin's Creed III.

Rogue Agent 035
02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Hm, I disagree! Adding a secundary entry for the Tyranny of King Washington sounds necessary, given the fact it's an alternate story, before the events of Assassin's Creed III.

I agree..., but if that was the case, wouldn't Connor (can't spell his real name) be younger? As in the review that Gamespot did, it appears that he's the age he was at the end of AC3 (I'm guessin between 25-28)

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 09:14 PM
I agree..., but if that was the case, wouldn't Connor (can't spell his real name) be younger? As in the review that Gamespot did, it appears that he's the age he was at the end of AC3 (I'm guessin between 25-28)
I believe you're right! But you're forgetting about the fact it's an alternate story. The period Connor Kenway spent hunting Charles Lee, in the original story, was spent living in Kanien:keh, in the alternate story. 'Til George Washington intervened.

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 09:48 PM

It's not before the events of AC3.

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the dates are going to be irrelevant in this DLC... in the Gamespot video, the guy said that Washington served his two presidential terms, which ended in 1797 (by which time Israel Putnam and Benjamin Franklin were long dead) and instead of resigning he went on to become a tyrant. So we shouldn't read too much into Connor's apparent age in the DLC, because it's obvious they've played around with the dates to make it fit their fantasy story. Hell, even Ziio hasn't aged, and she'd be like 70 or more by this point.

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 10:08 PM
It's not before the events of AC3.
I'm answering you with a direct quote.

The period Connor Kenway spent hunting Charles Lee, in the original story, was spent living in Kanien:keh, in the alternate story. 'Til George Washington intervened.

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm answering you with a direct quote.

Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, you see , we are not forgetting character. The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton. So you see, when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused. You can see him start as Connor: ‘What am I doing here. Mum you are alive’.
http://expansivedlc.com/interview-ma...or-at-ubisoft/ (http://expansivedlc.com/interview-marc-alexis-cote-creative-director-at-ubisoft/)

If this took part before the events of AC3, like you said, would connor be questioning why his mother was still alive? Just sayin.

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Marc-Alexis Cote: Well, you see , we are not forgetting character. The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton. So you see, when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused. You can see him start as Connor: ‘What am I doing here. Mum you are alive’.
http://expansivedlc.com/interview-ma...or-at-ubisoft/ (http://expansivedlc.com/interview-marc-alexis-cote-creative-director-at-ubisoft/)

If this took part before the events of AC3, like you said, would connor be questioning why his mother was still alive? Just sayin.
Yes, he would. The Tyranny of King Washington starts with Ratonhnhaké:ton awakening from a dream, whose vision was equal to the events of the original story ("when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused"). In the DLC, the content of Assassin's Creed III's never happened, for it was only his imagination. In the Tyranny of King Washington, Ratonhnhaké:ton's never met Achilles Davenport and has never joined the Assassin Order. The protagonist is no longer Connor Kenway, an Assassin, but Ratonhnhaké:ton, a Kanien'keha:ka, a native from the Mohawk tribe. From the shared content of the DLC, the alternate story ends with Ratonhnhaké:ton becoming, once more, Connor Kenway, the Assassin we've seen in the original story.

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes, he would. The Tyranny of King Washington starts with Ratonhnhaké:ton awakening from a dream, whose vision was equal to the events of the original story ("when you start the downloadable content, he is a bit confused"). In the DLC, the content of Assassin's Creed III's never happened, for it was only his imagination. In the Tyranny of King Washington, Ratonhnhaké:ton's never met Achilles Davenport and has never joined the Assassin Order. The protagonist is no longer Connor Kenway, an Assassin, but Ratonhnhaké:ton, a Kanien'keha:ka, a native from the Mohawk tribe. From the shared content of the DLC, the alternate story ends with Ratonhnhaké:ton becoming, once more, Connor Kenway, the Assassin we've seen in the original story.

Hmmmmm, where does it saythat Connor dreamed the events of the original story? Or that the original story was only his imagination? The DLC actually starts with Connor waking from a dream, not Ratonhnhaké:ton. It's Connor who wakes up and questions how is mother is still alive, following the events of the original story. "The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton." - Cote.

In order for Connor to become Ratonhnhaké:ton, he must have first been given the name by Achilles, which is even more proof that this DLC proceeds events of the original story.
I don't blame you for getting confused, there are a lot of incorrect theories flying around.

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Hmmmmm, where does it saythat Connor dreamed the events of the original story? Or that the original story was only his imagination? The DLC actually starts with Connor waking from a dream, not Ratonhnhaké:ton. It's Connor who wakes up and questions how is mother is still alive, following the events of the original story. "The core of the story is about how Connor becomes Ratonhnhaké:ton." - Cote.

In order for Connor to become Ratonhnhaké:ton, he must have first been given the name by Achilles, which is even more proof that this DLC proceeds events of the original story.
I don't blame you for getting confused, there are a lot of incorrect theories flying around.
There are a lot of incorrect speculations on the Tyranny of King Washington indeed. Unfortunetly, your speculations are one of them.

"In the shattered reality of The Tyranny of King Washington, the events that shaped a young Mohawk warrior into the heroic Connor of AC3 never happened thrusting a confused Ratonhnhaké:ton into a sometimes torturous, yet occasionally blissful, waking dream."

Extracted from Ubisoft itself:
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-us/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-82239&ct=tcm:6-231-32

I don't blame you for getting confused.

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 12:48 AM
There are a lot of incorrect speculations on the Tyranny of King Washington indeed. Unfortunetly, your speculations are one of them.

"In the shattered reality of The Tyranny of King Washington, the events that shaped a young Mohawk warrior into the heroic Connor of AC3 never happened thrusting a confused Ratonhnhaké:ton into a sometimes torturous, yet occasionally blissful, waking dream."

Extracted from Ubisoft itself:
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-us/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-82239&ct=tcm:6-231-32

You don't always have to disagree with me. d:

You need to pay closer attention to this: http://expansivedlc.com/interview-marc-alexis-cote-creative-director-at-ubisoft/. The source I'm using is more up to date for a start. And Cote is the lead designer. I'm quoting him. So by telling me I'm wrong, you're telling the creative director of this DLC that he is also wrong? Your previous posts just seem to be a whole lot of you making stuff up. Not much of a logical thinker, are we?

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 01:09 AM

I don't blame you for getting confused, there are a lot of incorrect theories flying around.Stop overanalyzing it guys, that "Connor becomes Raton thing didn't make sense anyway. We know it's a dream/hallucination whatever and he's aware of what actually happened. Let's not act as if Ubi's gonna pull Black Sawn/Inception on us, it's gonna be simple :p

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 01:14 AM
You need to pay closer attention to this: http://expansivedlc.com/interview-marc-alexis-cote-creative-director-at-ubisoft/. The source I'm using is more up to date for a start. And Cote is the lead designer. I'm quoting him. So by telling me I'm wrong, you're telling the creative director of this DLC that he is also wrong? Your previous posts just seem to be a whole lot of you making stuff up. Not much of a logical thinker, are we?
You're not much of a logical thinker yourself, friend. You're saying the Expansive DLC website is more reliable than the Assassin's Creed Official website? Your arrogance has blinded you.
But I'm game. I'm quoting the interview you claim to be more reliable than Ubisoft itself:

"[...] we take Connor as the base persona and we inject some new emotions into him. I think that’s one of the main attractions of the downloadable content. You actually get the impression of a new character, but at the same time giving more depth to the original."

What Marc-Alexis Cote means by the transition from Connor Kenway to Ratonhnhaké:ton is that Connor Kenway was the foundation in which the Ratonhnhaké:ton of the Tyranny of King Washington was created, leaving the "impression of a new character, but at the same time giving more depth to the original".

To put an end to it:

"Is it necessary to play the story of Assassin’s Creed 3 to the end before going on to the downloadable content?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Nope, and that’s one of the things we tried to accomplish with this downloadable content. To have it as a standalone(expansion). So that’s another reason for having an alternate history, with a narrative wrapper set in the real world. That’s one of the reason we did this. For players to be able to enjoy it without finishing Assassin’s Creed 3."

If you don't have to play Assassin's Creed III, to play the Tyranny of King Washington, why would the DLC be set after its events? You're better than that, don't disapoint me.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Again, he's trying to make it more complex and "deeper" then it's gonna be. It won't :p

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Stop overanalyzing it guys, that "Connor becomes Raton thing didn't make sense anyway. We know it's a dream/hallucination whatever and he's aware of what actually happened. Let's not act as if Ubi's gonna pull Black Sawn/Inception on us, it's gonna be simple :p

For you it didn't make sense. Reading the article above a couple of times more closely it's pretty obvious that while in an alternate reality, Connor still has memories of what happened in the original story (reality). This DLC isn't completely detached from the main story, past or modern times. While the alternate history is about Raton, overall it is about Connor. I'm not over analyzing this one bit. I'm just using what was said by the creative director and applying simple logic. This could have been a good discussion about the different ways AC3 and TOKW connect... but no. Anyway i'm done discussing this with someone who ignores half of what i write because they can't stand the thought of being proven wrong (not you). Enjoy your DLC, i know i will.

RatonhnhakeFan
02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
For you it didn't make sense. Reading the article above a couple of times more closely it's pretty obvious that while in an alternate reality, Connor still has memories of what happened in the original story (reality). This DLC isn't completely detached from the main story, past or modern times. While the alternate history is about Raton, overall it is about Connor. I'm not over analyzing this one bit. I'm just using what was said by the creative director and applying simple logic. This could have been a good discussion about the different ways AC3 and TOKW connect... but no. Anyway i'm done discussing this with someone who ignores half of what i write because they can't stand the thought of being proven wrong (not you). Enjoy your DLC, i know i will.
I know that, I'm talking about "Connor becomes Raton" part which makes no sense because you don't need to become someone you already are and was born as lol

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XRr7oASPtm4/Tm_uhgQh3mI/AAAAAAAAA2c/SZ08AG0zYk8/s640/funny-gifs-meetings-suck.gif

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 01:41 AM
You're not much of a logical thinker yourself, friend. You're saying the Expansive DLC website is more reliable than the Assassin's Creed Official website? Your arrogance has blinded you.
But I'm game. I'm quoting the interview you claim to be more reliable than Ubisoft itself:

"[...] we take Connor as the base persona and we inject some new emotions into him. I think that’s one of the main attractions of the downloadable content. You actually get the impression of a new character, but at the same time giving more depth to the original."

What Marc-Alexis Cote means by the transition from Connor Kenway to Ratonhnhaké:ton is that Connor Kenway was the foundation in which the Ratonhnhaké:ton of the Tyranny of King Washington was created, leaving the "impression of a new character, but at the same time giving more depth to the original".

To put an end to it:

"Is it necessary to play the story of Assassin’s Creed 3 to the end before going on to the downloadable content?

Marc-Alexis Cote: Nope, and that’s one of the things we tried to accomplish with this downloadable content. To have it as a standalone(expansion). So that’s another reason for having an alternate history, with a narrative wrapper set in the real world. That’s one of the reason we did this. For players to be able to enjoy it without finishing Assassin’s Creed 3."

If you don't have to play Assassin's Creed III, to play the Tyranny of King Washington, why would the DLC be set after its events? You're better than that, don't disapoint me.

I was going to reply to this with a counter argument, but to be honest i'm not here to school people. You think whatever you want to think and continue to believe you're right, it makes no difference to me. I could tell you's the developers idea of the difference between Connor and Raton, but you're too closed minded. All of what i'v posted has fallen on deaf ears. Enjoy your DLC...or at least try to.

Abeonis
02-16-2013, 01:49 AM
There seems to be some discussion on whether the DLC "starts" before or after the events of AC3, so I'll try and clarify for you. The latest trailer makes it quite clear that Connor is aware of his life as it happened in AC3 (he mentions knowledge of his father, the hidden blades etc.) so the events that cause this dream (i.e. the attack on his village) clearly take place after the American Rebellion. Although aware of the 'true' reality, the dream Washington's Apple puts him in harkens back to before the death of his mother, which is why she is still alive in the DLC.

The only real question is this: Is Washington's attack on the village, in which he uses the Apple to push Connor into a dream, canon or not?

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 01:59 AM
there seems to be some discussion on whether the dlc "starts" before or after the events of ac3, so i'll try and clarify for you. The latest trailer makes it quite clear that connor is aware of his life as it happened in ac3 (he mentions knowledge of his father, the hidden blades etc.) so the events that cause this dream (i.e. The attack on his village) clearly take place after the american rebellion. Although aware of the 'true' reality, the dream washington's apple puts him in harkens back to before the death of his mother, which is why she is still alive in the dlc.

The only real question is this: Is washington's attack on the village, in which he uses the apple to push connor into a dream, canon or not?

this.

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 02:03 AM
I was going to reply to this with a counter argument, but to be honest i'm not here to school people. You think whatever you want to think and continue to believe you're right, it makes no difference to me. I could tell you's the developers idea of the difference between Connor and Raton, but you're too closed minded. All of what i'v posted has fallen on deaf ears. Enjoy your DLC...or at least try to.
Jesus Christ. Marc-Alexis Cote himself could be replying to the thread, stating otherwise, and you'd die believing you're right. What an undisputed arrogance.
Do you think RatonhnhakeFan not understanding the difference between Connor Kenway and Ratonhnhaké:ton gives you the right to refer to him as narrow minded? The only narrow minded, egocentric person here is yourself. Your need to prove yourself right shows nothing, but your insecurity and lack of empathy.
I'm out of here, you're not worth the time or patience required to deal with your narcisism.

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Jesus Christ. Marc-Alexis Cote himself could be replying to the thread, stating otherwise, and you'd die believing you're right. What an undisputed arrogance.
Do you think RatonhnhakeFan not understanding the difference between Connor Kenway and Ratonhnhaké:ton gives you the right to refer to him as narrow minded? The only narrow minded, egocentric person here is yourself. Your need to prove yourself right shows nothing, but your insecurity and lack of empathy.
I'm out of here, you're not worth the time or patience required to deal with your narcisism.

Bye then.

Rogue Agent 035
02-16-2013, 03:31 AM

After readin this article, it intrigues me as to how they are gonna combine what we know about Connor (during/post ac3) an Raton current in the DLC, I just hope the "sides" he mentioned don't completely out-weigh the main story, even if those sides do lead more story to the main plot of the DLC,

J7hnny
02-16-2013, 03:59 AM
After readin this article, it intrigues me as to how they are gonna combine what we know about Connor (during/post ac3) an Raton current in the DLC, I just hope the "sides" he mentioned don't completely out-weigh the main story, even if those sides do lead more story to the main plot of the DLC,
Marc-Alexis Cote refered to the TKW as an expansion, stating it isn't necessary to play the original story to play the DLC. Therefore, the TKW may expect the player to know nothing of Connor Kenway and the events ilustrated in the original story of Assassin's Creed III. Perhaps, there would be nothing to combine in the first place!

UrDeviant1
02-16-2013, 04:17 AM

In a video preview of TKW, we do hear Connor give reference to his father, saying "he knows what he was". He also knows about the hidden blades. But apart from cool little references like that, it should be interesting to find out how they handle it.

Rogue Agent 035
02-16-2013, 04:58 AM
In a video preview of TKW, we do hear Connor give reference to his father, saying "he knows what he was". He also knows about the hidden blades. But apart from cool little references like that, it should be interesting to find out how they handle it.

Exactly...., I was however a bit thrown off when he claimed "It is not canon, but is Cannon as we learn more about Raton, an how he came to become Connor". Cause as you pointed out it's right there in the trailer, "I know who my father was/is, an I know what these are". Now I ask, how is a statement like that not cannon? Or fer that matter, "Mother.... Yer alive"?

Abeonis
02-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Exactly...., I was however a bit thrown off when he claimed "It is not canon, but is Cannon as we learn more about Raton, an how he came to become Connor". Cause as you pointed out it's right there in the trailer, "I know who my father was/is, an I know what these are". Now I ask, how is a statement like that not cannon? Or fer that matter, "Mother.... Yer alive"?

Pas I've mentioned already, this "it is not canon, but is canon..." most likely means that the events leading up to Connor being out into the dream did happen, but the events of the dream are just that, a dream. Canonically, Connor had the dream, but the events that took place therein never actually happened. Catch my drift?