PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Ubi, for fixing the missing music problem!

Carch
02-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I know there's a lot of complaining on this forum, but I just wanted to thank Ubisoft for finally getting the missing background music bug fixed. Now I can get back to recording my gameplay videos without having to start from scratch with disabled DLC files. Everything is working great with the Steam version for me!

Assassin_M
02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Oh ? Someone thanking Ubi ??

Congrats, mate:D

lukash_1337
02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Ubisoft reminds me of Rockstar, in a way.

They both make great games, however there are just too many problems with them. Far too many.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Ubisoft never fixed the missing music problem.The Community did.

lukash_1337
02-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Wait, didn't the 1.03 patch fix the music bug?
Did it work for anyone who did not install the brazillian lang patch or didn't paste dlc_4.forge file the into the game dir?

Because if it didn't then Ubisoft shouldn't really get any recognition for fixing anything...

GalakFyarr
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Wait, didn't the 1.03 patch fix the music bug?
Did it work for anyone who did not install the brazillian lang patch or didn't paste dlc_4.forge file the into the game dir?

Because if it didn't then Ubisoft shouldn't really get any recognition for fixing anything...

The 1.03 patch basically installed the brazilian language patch for everyone. I never installed the brazilian language patch, and when steam was updating AC3, I noticed the new brazilian files (as well as the dlc_4.forge file which comes with that patch).

And the brazilian language patch is an official patch from ubisoft as far as I'm aware, so technically, yeah, they did fix it, even if it seems to me they had no idea that would happen.
The brazilian community noticed that the problem was fixed when they got their language patch, that's all.

The way everyone here is saying it, is like the community somehow coded their own patch and released it...

I just think (and I can't say whether this is true, because I don't know how these dlc_x.forge files work), that the dlc_4.forge file makes dlc_3.forge file redundant, therefore, AC3 no longer uses that file. So while the brazilian language patch wasn't meant to fix the problem, it did...

Good on them to decide to bundle that language patch for everyone.