PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Robes: No Physics. Really Ubisoft?

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 04:48 PM
As all who have unlocked the 100 % synch Altair robes know.....HIS TRIMS ARE PRACTICALLY GLUED TO HIS LEGS! I mean, c'mon Ubi! That's just flat-out lazy. I realize it's just an outfit, but I mean this is supposed to be the most detailed AC game yet, right? At least all outfits in the previous installments weren't merely textures, but realistic cloth-like models that showed off just how well the developers could pull off as much detail as possible. Is there a reason we have to deal with this?

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Please tell me I can get some back-up here.....

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Old topic....

We`v cried long ago before...no one listened....there will be no patch to fix even if you get a cult following...accept it and move on...it sucks

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
No kidding....still a shame they would be so lazy with it though.....

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I know....why bother including it in the first place ?? I`d have preferred they remove it.....

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:44 PM
I know.....maybe it was for the sake of tradition.....they had it in all the other games....

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
I know.....maybe it was for the sake of tradition.....they had it in all the other games....
Maybe, but if they`re to add something, better perfect than put it half assed for the sake of tradition..

ktyoung
02-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Exactly

dewgel
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't care what the quality of extra stuff is, I only care for the quality of the core outfit and stuff. I'd rather they had put their efforts in other things than spending time messing around with an optional outfit.

the_atm
02-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Literaly I'm laughing at your comment right now and I can't stop... "LAZY" Really? HAHA

Ok i'm back I think i've contained my self, lazy? Ubisoft was anything but lazy with this game, look at the detail! look at the size! look at the story! any rat you can see and step on you hear it's bones crack and it leaves a blood stain, you can see cats and dogs fighting, wolves hunt things, bears playing with their cubs, the frontier is probably bigger than Rome, the cities are on a 1-3 scale, the graphics are amazing, the sounds are amazing...

and you say ubisoft is lazy because they didn't add physics to a skin? You're joking right? please tell me you're joking...

J7hnny
02-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Literaly I'm laughing at your comment right now and I can't stop... "LAZY" Really? HAHA

Ok i'm back I think i've contained my self, lazy? Ubisoft was anything but lazy with this game, look at the detail! look at the size! look at the story! any rat you can see and step on you hear it's bones crack and it leaves a blood stain, you can see cats and dogs fighting, wolves hunt things, bears playing with their cubs, the frontier is probably bigger than Rome, the cities are on a 1-3 scale, the graphics are amazing, the sounds are amazing...

and you say ubisoft is lazy because they didn't add physics to a skin? You're joking right? please tell me you're joking...
One could use your argument against yourself. If Ubisoft has the resources required for producing a title with the magnitude of Assassin's Creed III, it has the resources required for delivering an authentic outfit. 'Nough said.

Serrachio
02-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Altair was a fan of starch in his clothes wash.

the_atm
02-14-2013, 12:39 AM
One could use your argument against yourself. If Ubisoft has the resources required for producing a title with the magnitude of Assassin's Creed III, it has the resources required for delivering an authentic outfit. 'Nough said.
True but I would counter act that statement with "how high of expectations do you have of ubisoft? They give us great games with great detail yet you still arn't happy? you obviously take Ubisoft for granted and thus should just sit in the darkness because nothing is good enough for you... would darkness be good enough I wonder..."

So there... people who say what you said obviously expect way to much out of game companies.

J7hnny
02-14-2013, 12:44 AM
True but I would counter act that statement with "how high of expectations do you have of ubisoft? They give us great games with great detail yet you still arn't happy? you obviously take Ubisoft for granted and thus should just sit in the darkness because nothing is good enough for you... would darkness be good enough I wonder..."

So there... people who say what you said obviously expect way to much out of game companies.
One can only expect more, when he has seen better.

the_atm
02-14-2013, 04:35 AM
One can only expect more, when he has seen better.

please enlighten me as to this "better' that you have seen. Sure there are more fancy looking games with their fancy graphics but tell me, do they have fainting goats? what about mice you can step on? Giant forests with realistic animals, tree climbing? amazing parcore? amazing fighting? great store? historical accuracy? the best ship simulator of that period? the size of cities? the amazing cut scenes? I could go on but... I'm tired and i'm going to bed.

and I'm not being rude, I just want to know what game you think is better, I do have one in mind lol I just want to know :D

ToughGuy31
02-14-2013, 04:50 AM
please enlighten me as to this "better' that you have seen. Sure there are more fancy looking games with their fancy graphics but tell me, do they have fainting goats? what about mice you can step on? Giant forests with realistic animals, tree climbing? amazing parcore? amazing fighting? great store? historical accuracy? the best ship simulator of that period? the size of cities? the amazing cut scenes? I could go on but... I'm tired and i'm going to bed.

and I'm not being rude, I just want to know what game you think is better, I do have one in mind lol I just want to know :D

First of all his outfit should look like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z_PfNt7ra7c#t=51s

Second, Assassin's Creed should be like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HyN3-pC_dG0

And while AC3 is a good game, you keep mentioning stepping on rat's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QZtm9lD0FVw

The only way I can describe AC3 is this, if you where to chose a fighter jet, or a bike, what would you chose?
The fighter jet of course, but when you get in, A guys teaching you the most simple stuff about the fighter jet for 6 hours, and you cant fly it till hes done talking. Finally, after that 6 hours, you can only "HOVER" around for a bit. You can't fly, only hover, and the most complicated things about the jet where poorly explained. Meanwhile,you could've rode the bike, pulling off awesome stunts, going as fast as you like, without anyone telling you what to do. But your stuck with a jet that you can only hover around for a bit. AC3 is that jet, and the earlier AC's are the bike.

J7hnny
02-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Perhaps Ubisoft is afraid of heights.

ToughGuy31
02-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Perhaps Ubisoft is afraid of heights.

What?

J7hnny
02-14-2013, 05:14 AM
An extension of your own metaphor. Haha, nevermind.

LoyalACFan
02-14-2013, 05:40 AM

Look, I don't mean to rain on your parade here, but most of those things are not exclusive to AC3... The parkour is a nerfed version of AC2's, the combat is still ridiculously easy and repetitive, the cities are smaller than Rome, the cutscenes are nothing special, and it's not really historically accurate at all. As for the story being great, well, that's subjective, but I found it to be inconsistent and poorly presented, especially the modern parts.

The things that AC3 really got right were the naval mechanics and the frontier, but they don't really feel like an integral part of the game. The naval combat is great, but it's a side gimmick that's almost completely disjointed from the main game, and the frontier was never utilized to its full potential either. There were only a few missions set in it, and those that were there were focused mainly on the towns.

I'm not trying to say it's a terrible game, or even less than a good one; they made some significant strides forward, and I still like Connor, even though he was an idiot at times. I'm just saying they need to focus on making a solid core rather than wasting time on a bunch of unnecessary side content.

Oh, and Altair's robe sucks.

Assassin_M
02-14-2013, 05:45 AM
I`m just loving how everyone is dismissing hard work they, most probably, know nothing about or how long it took to actually make...

I`m not saying I agree with atm here...

Not exclusive AC III ? Cities smaller than Rome ? Cutscenes nothing special ? Mate.....I`ll just stop here, because If I don't....I`l probably get a warning.....maybe even banned

ToughGuy31
02-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I`m just loving how everyone is dismissing hard work they, most probably, know nothing about or how long it took to actually make...

Not exclusive AC III ? Cities smaller than Rome ? Cutscenes nothing special ? Mate.....I`ll just stop here, because If I don't....I`l probably get a warning.....maybe even banned

I'm not dismissing the hard work they did, but I'm just saying, I had more fun with the older games than I did with 3. :D

Assassin_M
02-15-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm not dismissing the hard work they did, but I'm just saying, I had more fun with the older games than I did with 3. :D
I never signaled you out...

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 02:58 AM
Ditto.
Exclamation mark for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
!

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 03:34 AM

I never said they didn't work hard enough at it... I greatly admire what Ubi was able to accomplish from a technical standpoint. But that doesn't change my opinion about the overall game. It feels bloated, and all the best parts are shoved to the sidelines of a somewhat mediocre (in my OPINION) story.

Cities smaller than Rome? Yes, that's a fact, and it's historically accurate. Bravo Ubi. I wasn't criticizing that part, I just made that point because the other guy was acting like "huge cities" were something unique to AC3. But yeah... What exactly is so special about the cutscenes? Why are they better than those of any other AC game (barring AC1, which didn't really have any)? Sure, the new facial animations were nice, but none of them felt as "epic" to me as the ones from AC2 (i.e. donning the Assassin robe, the speech at Savonarola's execution) or Revelations (finding Yusuf's body, entering the library). Not that the AC3 ones were bad, but why are you all going on about them like they're the best thing ever?

the_atm
02-15-2013, 03:55 AM

Of course you're not agreeing with me, how could you ;)

But I do think people forget how much work went into this game, allot I'm sure. I'm pretty sure they didn't care about the physics of alternate costumes when they had bigger things to deal with like tree nav and the amazing cutscenes, they were gorgeous!

Farlander1991
02-15-2013, 04:10 AM
Sure, the new facial animations were nice, but none of them felt as "epic" to me as the ones from AC2 (i.e. donning the Assassin robe, the speech at Savonarola's execution) or Revelations (finding Yusuf's body, entering the library).

Seriously, not even this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZ59YHytUc&t=0m30s)? (warning people who haven't beaten AC3, spoilers)

AC3 has plenty of epic really memorable moments. As well as plenty of cutscenes that are pretty much just people talking. AC2, ACB, and ACR were FULL of cutscenes that were just people talking (and in AC1 99% of cutscenes were just people talking), so, I don't see a problem here.

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Seriously, not even this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZ59YHytUc&t=0m30s)? (warning people who haven't beaten AC3, spoilers)

AC3 has plenty of epic really memorable moments. As well as plenty of cutscenes that are pretty much just people talking. AC2, ACB, and ACR were FULL of cutscenes that were just people talking (and in AC1 99% of cutscenes were just people talking), so, I don't see a problem here.

Okay, yes, that one was great. You've got me there. But I still don't see why people are going on about the cutscenes in general. Whenever anybody praises AC3, it always seems to come up, but they seemed to be pretty much par for the course for an AC game to me. Some good ones, some run-of-the-mill ones. Like most good games, really. Red Dead, GTAIV, and MGS all come to mind.

Assassin_M
02-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Like I said, Some people do not even know what THEY SAID, let alone understand what they`re talking about. doesn't even know what Facial Animation is "Oh no I did not dismiss their work"

Yes you did...

Also, put the 2 cities, Frontier and Homestead together...then come and tell me "Rome"

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 05:13 AM
http://awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BrosChill.gif

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Like I said, Some people do not even know what THEY SAID, let alone understand what they`re talking about. doesn't even know what Facial Animation is "Oh no I did not dismiss their work"

Yes you did...

Also, put the 2 cities, Frontier and Homestead together...then come and tell me "Rome"

Dude, I'm not even sure what you're angry about. I said I admired their technical work, but technical work alone doesn't make a game good. Look at LA Noire. The interrogation scenes were an absolute marvel of technology, but actually playing them was boring as hell. I would GLADLY sacrifice AC3's amazing facial animations for some decent mission structure, better side content, and a story that doesn't take six frickin' hours to get to the main character.

And the guy specifically said "cities". I'm well aware that the Frontier is vastly bigger than Rome, and much more impressive from a design standpoint. I'm also aware that there's almost nothing to do in it. Again, you could preach to me about the technical triumphs of realistic animal behavior and tree-running, but the truth is that tree-running is useless in most gameplay situations and hunting is pointless since there's almost nothing worth spending your money on.

Look, I'm not trying to bash the game too hard. It's a solid 8/10 in my opinion. But there's no point in attacking the critics, since the devs need to hear negative feedback just as much (if not more) than positive feedback. How are they supposed to improve their games if all they hear from the fans is "yes, everything's swell?"

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 05:23 AM

Lol, whoops. Too late.

Assassin_M
02-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Dude, I'm not even sure what you're angry about. I said I admired their technical work, but technical work alone doesn't make a game good. Look at LA Noire. The interrogation scenes were an absolute marvel of technology, but actually playing them was boring as hell. I would GLADLY sacrifice AC3's amazing facial animations for some decent mission structure, better side content, and a story that doesn't take six frickin' hours to get to the main character.

And the guy specifically said "cities". I'm well aware that the Frontier is vastly bigger than Rome, and much more impressive from a design standpoint. I'm also aware that there's almost nothing to do in it. Again, you could preach to me about the technical triumphs of realistic animal behavior and tree-running, but the truth is that tree-running is useless in most gameplay situations and hunting is pointless since there's almost nothing worth spending your money on.

Look, I'm not trying to bash the game too hard. It's a solid 8/10 in my opinion. But there's no point in attacking the critics, since the devs need to hear negative feedback just as much (if not more) than positive feedback. How are they supposed to improve their games if all they hear from the fans is "yes, everything's swell?"
Yeah, twist my words as if I`m attacking critics...Yeah please do...It`s not like i complained too, or made various threads about the shortcomings of the game...or even posted in this damm thread about how YES ALTAIR`S OUTFIT IS CLEARLY LAZY WORK !!!

I don't want you to "admire", just appreciate work. you saying that "tree running is useless" or "it`s not that impressive" or "facial animation is not that much" is frankly INSULTING to someone who`ll soon find himself making games for fans such as yourself....

I never said these make a good game....it`s WORK...HARD WORK...if that`s what I`LL GET for my hard work from fans such as yourself, THEN **** THIS INDUSTRY, **** THIS JOB, **** THE WORLD AND **** THIS FORUM...

i`m ****ing out

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 05:43 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/345yu85sw7.gif

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 05:48 AM
ok

I-Like-Pie45
02-15-2013, 07:41 AM
cool

UrDeviant1
02-15-2013, 07:53 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/345yu85sw7.gif

XD. My reaction exactly.

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
XD. My reaction exactly.
Haha, I was kinda hoping the fighting would continue! I've got maaany more.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-15-2013, 03:32 PM
^^

andreja110s
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Haha, I was kinda hoping the fighting would continue! I've got maaany more.

No, donīt chill, go on please.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400.gif

J7hnny
02-15-2013, 05:55 PM
No, donīt chill, go on please.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400.gif
http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/please-shut-up.gif

Megas_Doux
02-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion!

However, I dont get when some say side quests are "not that good/not that much". I mean, Hunting missions, exploring missions, homestead, liberation, forts, platforming and the almost "the game within a game" Naval stuff.. No AC has never been close in terms in secondary content, not even Brotherhood..

That is a complaint that I DO NOT understand.....

LoyalACFan
02-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion!

However, I dont get when some say side quests are "not that good/not that much". I mean, Hunting missions, exploring missions, homestead, liberation, forts, platforming and the almost "the game within a game" Naval stuff.. No AC has never been close in terms in secondary content, not even Brotherhood..

That is a complaint that I DO NOT understand.....

It just didn't really do it for me.

While some of the side content is really good (forts, naval, Kidd's treasure) the rest of it is either pointless or just plain irritating in my opinion. Liberation missions were basically nothing, just running around aimlessly hoping to run into one of several identical events. The homestead missions, while occasionally golden for their moments of character development, were just too darn mundane to be fun. "Hey Connor, can you run to Boston to pick up my ____?" "Hey Connor, can you herd these pigs for me?" "Hey Connor, next time you're in New York, can you get my ____?" Uh... sure.

The hunting missions would have been OK, except they literally told you EXACTLY where to go to find each of the 'legendary' animals, which turned out to be no different than regular ones anyway. On the same topic, hunting itself wasn't all that fun because there was no sense of danger. What made hunting fun in Red Dead was the fact that you had to keep your guard up, because you could easily be killed. Not so in AC3... You just trigger an annoying QTE that has the exact same animation every time and almost zero chance of failure. And there's really no point in selling your wares (though this criticism applies to RDR as well) because you can easily have enough money to buy every useful item in the game without selling a single pelt.

Again, I'm not trying to be overly negative, and I do genuinely like the game, but this has gotten way off-topic. Altair's Robe; it sucks. /thread.