PDA

View Full Version : Error while patching file multi/Data.PC forge

Voyager456
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
So i get this after trying to apply patch 1.03 Error while patching file multi/Data.PC forge incorrect source file anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it because im getting heavily frustrated with this game

AmaZim2
02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Did you modify/exchange that file?

Voyager456
02-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Nope i did not touch any instalation files i had the same problem with patch 1.02 but after a couple tries i installed it succsesfuly this one i tried about 50 times still gives me same error.

Mr_Shade
02-13-2013, 06:35 PM
If you are still having issues, please contact support.

www.support.ubi.com

Amaral724
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM
So i get this after trying to apply patch 1.03 Error while patching file multi/Data.PC forge incorrect source file anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it because im getting heavily frustrated with this game

Reinstall the game and shoud work, if dosenīt you may need to replace your file for another from someone's game.

Sahirioth
05-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Reinstalling did not do it for me. In fact, support told me to uninstall and reinstall, then patch manually. I did - now I get the error with patch 1.01 and can't play multiplayer AT ALL.

Anykeyer
05-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Patch 1.01? Where did you even get 1.0 installer? Uninstall and download from Uplay PC client itself, then just allow autopatch to do its work.

lukus9
05-29-2013, 03:01 AM
I keep getting this same error with v1.02. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it from uplay client twice now and I still keep getting "Error while patching file multi\DataPC.forge. Incorrect source file." Someone please help, i just want to play some AC3.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

lukus9
05-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
what do you mean open a ticket with technical support? i go through the prompts and stuff but i dont see any solution to my problem.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-30-2013, 11:10 AM
what do you mean open a ticket with technical support? i go through the prompts and stuff but i dont see any solution to my problem.

Please fill in 'Ask a Question' to open a ticket to contact Technical Support.

lukus9
06-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Alright i filled out a ticket today. Hopefully I get an answer soon. Thanks for the help.

chawaiyip
08-17-2013, 08:51 PM
The solution:
1. Run the updater, proceed until the menu before installing, but DO NOT INSTALL IT YET

2. Run "%temp%" (its hidden)

3. Sort by time modified

4. Seach for the newest folder (might be second newest) started with {#numbers#...

5. Open "deltaFiles" folder and then delete "multi" folder

6. Install
(Reminder: Only use these procedures if you got The error message while installing updates. As far as I recalled, there is a version of update that doesn't require deleting the "multi" folder.)

RIGRECKER
10-15-2013, 07:27 PM
The solution:
1. Run the updater, proceed until the menu before installing, but DO NOT INSTALL IT YET

2. windows key + r will get you to the run window, then type in %temp% and hit enter

3. In the top right corner type in Muitl, then proceed to delete all multi folders that show up

4. once that is done, head back to instalation and Install
(Reminder: Only use these procedures if you got The error message while installing updates. As far as I recalled, there is a version of update that doesn't require deleting the "multi" folder

if your games tried to update again after doing this once, your gonna have to do it again.