PDA

View Full Version : The Assassination Target You Felt Most Sorry For

altairezio1993
02-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Hi everyone, I was just wondering has there been an antagonist or assassination target that after commiting the deed, despite the Templar tag, you felt sorry having to kill them. I felt in AC1, ACR and AC3 this worked better than AC2 and ACB and I'll give a few examples of my moments (one from each of the installments I listed before)

- Al Mualim - The last man you had to assassinate was your mentor all along and I remember, though its been many years, that the whole sequence, his reasons, the battle and finally killing his mentor felt strange after a whole game trusting and following his every word.

- Haytham - The Templar with, arguably, the most charisma, the most sense to his words and speeches and the father, I was not expecting him to be the penultimate target in the game and my sadness might be greater due to the the embarassing 'battle' and 'QTE' offered :(

-Tarik - After leading you on making you think he's working with the Templars, bam, we just killed an innocent man trying to stop them, caught up in it all

nitres15
02-13-2013, 01:10 AM
i kinda felt bad for Sibrand. The fact that he murdered an old defensless man diminishes that somewhat

Rugterwyper32
02-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Garnier, Sibrand, Tarik, William Johnson, Haytham

Garnier, as much as I disagreed with him, had a point, and his speech haunted me for a few days. Pretty powerful, that.
Sibrand was so paranoid and pathetic in his last few moments I felt bad for him. He knew what was coming to him.
We all know how Tarik goes.
William Johnson was right in all he said, and his last words sadly became truth in the end.
Haytham because I kept hoping he'd understand what Connor wanted with Templars and Assassins joining forces, and then his death happened.

TangentialShark
02-13-2013, 01:29 AM
In ACIII the most regrettable assassination was that of William Johnson. Although he intended to buy out all of the Iroquois land for the Templars, he and the order intended to protect the Iroquois people from both the English and the Colonies and their thirst for expansion. Unfortunately Connor who was still naive and trusted the Founding Fathers to do the right thing when they gained power could not see past Johnson's Templar allegiance and thus all of his predictions about the Indian land came true. The Iroquois and most other native Indians of the Americas were either destroyed or driven off their lands by the very people and ideals Connor chose to adhere to. In the end Connor was a contributor to the destruction of his own people and this in my opinion is the single-most saddest theme in the AC universe thus far.

SaintPerkele
02-13-2013, 01:32 AM
3. Abu'l Nuqoud: Even though he murders a whole crowd in seconds, you just have to feel somewhat sorry for him. He's an obese, acne-covered, secretely homose-xual, disliked by everybody guy, who just likes to party and dress his guards in fashionable fur. Okay, he's probably not the most popular choice for "people you felt sorry for". But you know what I mean, right?
2. Garnier de Naplouse: This guy. First you hate him when he breaks someones legs, and then you hear his last words. "Ah, I'll rest now, yes. The endless dream calls to me, but before I close my eyes, I must know: what will become of my children?" - this sentence just made me feel so sorry. And then noticing how he believed that he was just helping.. Something that I loved about AC1, there were so many targets where your emotions towards them changed so quickly.
1. Jacopo de'Pazzi: Yeah, I kind of tend to feel sorry for old men. But this one especially had a great voice actor in the German version (I have yet to check out his English one) who gave him this kind of old and broken voice. And then the fact that none of his plans ever worked. And then his miserable last minutes, his death sounds after getting stabbed by his allies. Yeah, Jacopo definitely wins the prize in my opinion.

After reading the other posts, I must admit that there are some other good ones. But these were the first ones to pop into my mind.

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Haytham and Dante..

Will_Lucky
02-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Yeah Tarik was right up there, I felt sorry for him he really didn't deserve to die and was doing his duty until the end.

Vieri was another, it wasn't his fault his father and grandfather were insane and drove him on the same paths. (Hell, makes you wonder what would have happened had Haytham done the same to Connor at a very young age.)

Dante, the Templars put him in the condition he was in and he didn't really chose to work for them and lost his wife to another man as a result.

Kaschra
02-13-2013, 02:23 AM
Haytham - "I will not weep and wonder what might have been". Yeah, no, because that's exactly what I did ;___;

Tarik for obvious reasons. Man, I felt so bad after killing him :/

Dante - That poor guy was simply used. And then the love letter from his wife makes everything worse

Sibrand - He was so afraid and paranoid of death (I can relate to that)

Pitcairn - He didn't want more war and bloodshed, he wanted to stop it...

SorryImSoAce
02-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah Tarik was right up there, I felt sorry for him he really didn't deserve to die and was doing his duty until the end.

Vieri was another, it wasn't his fault his father and grandfather were insane and drove him on the same paths. (Hell, makes you wonder what would have happened had Haytham done the same to Connor at a very young age.)

Dante, the Templars put him in the condition he was in and he didn't really chose to work for them and lost his wife to another man as a result.

But everyone has their reasons for how they are... If Gandhi grew up in the place of Osama Binladen he would too have been a psychotic terrorist. I felt sorry for all of the targets because they didn't have a chance in life and grew up warped and brainwashed, their parents possibly abused or neglected them so they felt they had to act a certain way to impress their peers and so on.

I'm totally joking by the way, interesting thread but i don't really look that far into it... I'd probably say Haytham though if I looked at it that way. I would have been fooled by his posh accent. (Probably the reason David Cameron is prime minister aswell)

SixKeys
02-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Sibrand. His voice actor was great at portraying the fear and paranoia in the character. I felt sorry for Dante too, after reading his file in the Animus database.

vat95
02-13-2013, 05:12 AM
Sibrand, Tarik, Johnson and Pitcairn.

pirate1802
02-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Dante, Tariq, Ahmet, Pitcairn, Johnson and most importantly.. HAYTHAM!!! NOOooo... (echoes till eternity)

No mercy whatsoever for Sibrand. Infact after seeing what he did to the monk I felt like killing him even more.

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 05:32 AM
I honestly find it hard to understand how people felt sorry for Sibrand...

All respect to everyone`s views of course....

pirate1802
02-13-2013, 05:35 AM
I kinda understand that.. when someone is squirming and is scared ****less for his death, you do feel a little sorry for killing him. Like a rat that's desperately trying to escape your boot :C

However I don't feel that way xD

Assassin_M
02-13-2013, 05:39 AM
I kinda understand that.. when someone is squirming and is scared ****less for his death, you do feel a little sorry for killing him. Like a rat that's desperately trying to escape your boot :C

However I don't feel that way xD
Nor I....

Pity maybe, as in "You`re pathetic" and I may even spare him, but sorry ?? Not so much...

Aphex_Tim
02-13-2013, 06:46 AM
1. Jacopo de'Pazzi: Yeah, I kind of tend to feel sorry for old men. But this one especially had a great voice actor in the German version (I have yet to check out his English one) who gave him this kind of old and broken voice. And then the fact that none of his plans ever worked. And then his miserable last minutes, his death sounds after getting stabbed by his allies. Yeah, Jacopo definitely wins the prize in my opinion.

Yeah same here, for the same reasons. Him still being alive after being stabbed in the gut and in the neck by his allies made me feel really sorry for him. When playing that part i went straight for him to end his suffering instead of fighting the guards first.

Th3Aw3som3On31
02-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Haytham

PandaPuff86
02-13-2013, 09:03 AM
I'd say...

Dante - Templars turned him into what he is. Pity.
Tariq - The man was doing his job and mistakenly paid the price of being quiet. Thanks Suleiman...
Haytham - There are a couple reasons: father, a possible truce, and a lot of 'what could have been'.

Top three for me.

poptartz20
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Dante, Johnson, Haytham

Poor Haytham... Daddy Loves you!??!