PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 nominated for four BAFTA Video Games Awards

Felix-Vivo
02-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but congrats to the team and good luck for the actual ceremony (5th March).

The game was nominated for Audio Achievement, Online Multiplayer, Original Music, and Performer (Adrian Hough as Haytham Kenway).

Personally, I am disappointed (but not all too surprised) to see that AC3 was absent from the big name categories, and also that Noah Watts has been overlooked for his performance, but this recognition is still something to be proud of, eh?

:)

Will_Lucky
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
It can have audio achievement and performer. Not too sure about the other two :P.

Sushiglutton
02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Seems like fair nominations (haven't touched the MP, so don't know about that). As a game it was a failure, but the production values were as high as always.

Gil_217
02-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Most of those are irrelevant nominations.

But I really hope they win the Performer. Mr. Kenway totally deserves it!

poptartz20
Congrats and good luck to the team! :D I feel that it really was such a great title...

Felix-Vivo
Well, I absolutely love the music in this game, but Journey is also nominated in that category and I fully expect it to win (not undeservedly either...)

pacmanate
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Useless awards. Not surprising.

TheHumanTowel
02-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Well done Adrian Hough. Well deserved.

Felix-Vivo
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Useless awards. Not surprising.

I respectfully disagree :)

pacmanate
02-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I respectfully disagree :)

As other people have said in this thread, they are crap awards.

1. Audio Achievement - Seriously? AC? It won't win audio achievement at all. Doesn't have any audio mastering that makes me go "WOAH".
2. Online Multiplayer - Again... Seriously? AC?
3. Original Music - Probably the worst score in the history of the serious except for the Main Theme
4. Performer - For Haytham. Not even Connor, the MAIN CHARACTER. It is a joke.

You can feel differently but these awards are small. I am surprised they even got nominated for these things.

Felix-Vivo
02-12-2013, 08:50 PM
As other people have said in this thread, they are crap awards.

1. Audio Achievement - Seriously? AC? It won't win audio achievement at all. Doesn't have any audio mastering that makes me go "WOAH".
2. Online Multiplayer - Again... Seriously? AC?
3. Original Music - Probably the worst score in the history of the serious except for the Main Theme

You can feel differently but these awards are small. I am surprised they even got nominated for these things.

I like the AC multiplayer :/ And I like how Erudito has been factoring into it. Also, 'Connor's Life' > 'Ezio's Family' on the music side of things, even though I know people love 'Ezio's Family'... anyways, Jesper Kyd has this weird obsession with D and the dorian mode that makes my head hurt when I listen for too long.

Also, I find there is plenty to respect in the audio department... hunting became much more fun when I started to listen a bit more closely.
And I'm sure Adrian Hough will be pleased... the supporting characters are after all just as important!

Lalalala

pacmanate
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
I like the AC multiplayer :/ Yeah, its okay, but not worthy of an award.

And I like how Erudito has been factoring into it. Also, 'Connor's Life' > 'Ezio's Family' on the music side of things Maybe, but as a soundtrack overall, the past ones beat it, even though I know people love 'Ezio's Family'... anyways, Jesper Kyd has this weird obsession with D and the dorian mode that makes my head hurt when I listen for too long.

Also, I find there is plenty to respect in the audio department... hunting became much more fun when I started to listen a bit more closely Just because there are noises there doesn't mean they are worthy of an award. You are saying because you can hear animals that this is some major audio achievement? Audio is more that just sounds. Its mixing.

And I'm sure Adrian Hough will be pleased... the supporting characters are after all just as important Never said they weren't. But to have a performer who wasn't the lead character to be up for nomination makes Connor seem like a joke.

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I thought these things are subjective ??

Paribissee
02-12-2013, 09:15 PM
The Journey should really have won the audio Award imo

pacmanate
02-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I thought these things are subjective ??

It is, but these awards are bad anyway. And I am justifying why they are bad and not worthy anyway.

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 09:17 PM
It is, but these awards are bad anyway. And I am justifying why they are bad and not worthy anyway.

But that`s still subjective:p

The status of the awards I mean

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
The Journey should really have won the audio Award imo:mad:

It hasnt lost....why you angry ?

pacmanate
02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
But that`s still subjective:p

The status of the awards I mean

Pretty much everything in the world is subjective. And yeah... the awards are boring

Paribissee
02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
It hasnt lost....why you angry ? IM really not angry:)

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Pretty much everything in the world is subjective. And yeah... the awards are boring

With that attitude, I`m going to bar my children from speaking to you...

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
IM really not angry:)

Alright xD

Felix-Vivo
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
You are saying because you can hear animals that this is some major audio achievement? Audio is more that just sounds. Its mixing.

Did I say it was animals I was hearing? :/

And meh about the soundtracks... Jesper Kyd is good. But there is so... much... dorian mode... in D. I sincerely hope I'm not the only one bothered by this! Maybe I'm just biased because Lorne Balfe joining on meant a bit more variety in keys, IDK.

Also... is a Supporting Actor Oscar not still an Oscar? It's like how Anne Hathaway and Aaron Tveit vocally slay everyone else in Les Miserables, even though Jackman and Crowe probably each have more screen time than both of them put together. Supporting roles are often more flashy and recognized in such a way...

And of course, this is all entirely subjective!

Felix-Vivo
02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
ALSO the BAFTAS are where Danny Wallace first got approached about AC2. They are worth something just for that :)

j0kay
02-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Nominated for best original music? I hope that is a joke. Balfe's music isn't bad be he will never reach the awesomeness of Kyd's tracks.

Felix-Vivo
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Nominated for best original music? I hope that is a joke. Balfe's music isn't bad be he will never reach the awesomeness of Kyd's tracks.

Opinions, opinions... if you ask me, he already has in some cases....

Gil_217
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Haytham was the highlight of AC3 for me, so I truly hope Ubisoft gets as many awards related to him as possible, in order to increase the possibility of them creating a main game for Haytham and forget about Connor. :cool:

The very last part was a joke, even though I want a main game dedicated to Mr. Kenway, but I'm well aware it's pretty unlikely.

Will_Lucky
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Haytham was the highlight of AC3 for me, so I truly hope Ubisoft gets as many awards related to him as possible, in order to increase the possibility of them creating a main game for Haytham and forget about Connor. :cool:

Well...I'm in favor of it.

As for the Lorne music. Hands down worst soundtrack in the series. It was insult enough to include some of that stuff in Revelations, but to give him a full OST. Ubisoft screwed up on that department.

nitres15
02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
im glad the AC mp got some recognition, it is probably the only multiplayer i can stand these days(racing games online are fun too)

nitres15
02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Well...I'm in favor of it.

As for the Lorne music. Hands down worst soundtrack in the series. It was insult enough to include some of that stuff in Revelations, but to give him a full OST. Ubisoft screwed up on that department.

it was fine, it was just that they rarely played the best tracks in the game. I still want Kyd back though

matheus_737
02-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Sometimes i feel like people who work in sites and nominations thinks AC is a comum series, sometimes I see stuffes and I realise that the series in some sites are underestimated, this sites put Uncharted like a much better game, batman too and others but all AC's are great, so I can't understand some people here that put a great game to down, what's so bad on this game?

pirate1802
02-13-2013, 07:39 AM

Respectfully, why would it be a joke? There are plenty of games that had their antagonists gather far ore praise and prizes that the protagonists. Borderlands 2, Farcry 3 to name two recent ones. Are they jokes too? If I write a story whose villain becomes far more famous than the hero whats wrong with it? As for me, I think Haytham totally deserves the award. That doesn't mean Connor is crap. It just means Haytham outshone him, for me atleast.

This is totally subjective. Clearly the people who nominated it thought differently. For me it is the best score after AC2.

pacmanate
02-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Like I said, many things in the world are subjective. AC3 being nominated for these awards are subjective.

ZeldaEmblem
02-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Haytham is such a badass character, Adrian Hough definitely deserves it :D

pirate1802
02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Like I said, many things in the world are subjective. AC3 being nominated for these awards are subjective.

True. I'd say all awards and reviews are subjective. The sooner people realize it, the sooner they'll stop losing sleep over their favorite/hated games receiving low/high awards/ratings.