PDA

View Full Version : Punkbustr kick after new patch

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Hello,

many many many of my friends and me have the same problem. PunkBuster kicked player "EDR1EN" (for 0 minutes)...RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [98080799].

What the f*** is this? Ubisoft fix this ASAP!

Here's a screenshot http://prntscr.com/shve4

CC-FOX
02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
oh no oh no i have this to

MaPk0
02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Guys! Just calm down. Insert your disc 1 and reinstall punkbuster and there should be no problems :D

MaPk0
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh no. It doesn't work anymore, even after you reinstall it. This really sucks

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
yeah i also reinstalled it, but it still randomly kicks me

Altair-vit
02-12-2013, 07:55 PM
same here

AntiChrist7
02-12-2013, 07:56 PM
i dont have a disc 1, cause i got the digital deluxe version

Great job ubisoft, you went from making a game barely playable (with broken matchmaking and contract bugs), to complete unplayable to honest people. Those 99 prestige guys are probably having a laugh now.

I always defended you, but now it has become a big farce

spectatorx
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Here you can download latest version of punkbuster:
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

AmaZim2
02-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Yep, THIS MUST BE FIXED ASAP!!!!

CC-FOX
02-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Here you can download latest version of punkbuster:

Hahah i tryed it and with this it still dont work, wake up

Harlequinchaos
02-12-2013, 08:45 PM
I cant play now!!!!!!

Keller.Kind90
02-12-2013, 08:54 PM
I cant play now!!!!!!

Same here dude... And im trying to play on my PC, so all platforms are influenced...

AmaZim2
02-12-2013, 09:34 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/iv8u9l.jpg

It happens mostly when you try to create a group

Ubisoft? :(

LaiLoranys
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Same problem here. :(

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
having the same issue here
yesterday this wasn't happening but it is now

after getting patch 1.03 and now no multiplayer :P

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
yeah this started after the today released 1.03 patch. BTW: Gun is your favorite ability? O.o

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 10:03 PM
whats wrong with the gun? xD

don't know why my fav char doesn't show up tho, been playing with the governor and the sharpshooter btw :P

paddyman2607
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
I have the same problem just after having installed the new patch v1.03 by autopatch when starting the game. Now I'm beeing kicked from nearly every match or group... =(

Is there anything I can do?? :/

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
u can try to reinstall punkbuster (from your installation cd)...sometimes u can play then...

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
p.s. i have the season pass, i'm getting the tyranny of king washington on the menu but an't access it, guess im missing my serial... again :P
a shame since i thought we could use the wolf outfit on the main game :\

Darkknife69
02-12-2013, 10:11 PM
hm, looks like im not the only one.... not like Ubi to break a game they try to fix. there will probably be another patch in a few days =S

EDIT- wait were PC, maybe assassins creed 4 multiplayer will have a fix.

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Pls dont use gun in the multiplayer ok?

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
why not?
it's an ability like all others, i wouldn't ask people not to use smoke bomb or poison, and they bug the crap out of me, or even animus hack

DaPlayars
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah everyone's getting it

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
gun is simple useless...use knives they're way better. u can stun people with it. how else do u make points?

AntiChrist7
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
wow i finally get into a few matches, lose connection 2times out of 3, and then 1 full match, i finish first, just before the end 'punkbuster has kicked you".

really ubisoft? do you use monkeys on typewriters for your programming? this is just disgracefull. you can shove that champions pack in your backside for all i care, i wanna have 30min of gaming without something going wrong

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 10:18 PM
I shoot them x)
knives can give the kill to another pursuer, gunning them down from afar however...

besides shooting someone leaping is just too much fun xD

Darkknife69
wow i finally get into a few matches, lose connection 2times out of 3, and then 1 full match, i finish first, just before the end 'punkbuster has kicked you".

really ubisoft? do you use monkeys on typewriters for your programming? this is just disgracefull. you can shove that champions pack in your backside for all i care, i wanna have 30min of gaming without something going wrong

monkeys... you wish they had that kind of budget.

EDR1EN
i also managed to play one private session...but then in the rematch i got kicked

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 10:19 PM
sry this wasn't nice form me...but pls learn how to play in a fair and skillfull way

mr_doom1987
02-12-2013, 10:21 PM
This patch unlocked everything for me. All the items that can be bought by Erudito Credits are unlocked - all abilities and a huge amount of customization ALL for free! WTF happened to my game?!
I have the Digitial Deluxe Edition on Steam, btw. And i have the same PunkBuster error.

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
can you buy the champions packs?

mr_doom1987
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
can you buy the champions packs?
No, it's still grayed out.

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
ok

Ayor26
02-12-2013, 10:33 PM
again problem in multi...again...

spectatorx
02-12-2013, 10:52 PM
again problem in multi...again...

It is better to play acr mp.

CC-FOX
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
It is better to play acr mp.

Nope its better to play acb mp :D

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
sry this wasn't nice form me...but pls learn how to play in a fair and skillfull way

what happened?
didn't see what you had written before
nonetheless i don't see a reason for not using the gun, it's there get over it, it doesn't make me any less skilled, it just gets the kill faster, otherwise i would start flaming everyone who uses the abilities i mentioned before, it's just a game dude :P

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 11:04 PM
i'll add u we need to play against each other

NightmareGK13
02-12-2013, 11:08 PM
sure :)
i thought i add you already tho
either that or we played before xD

you're username isn't new to me

EDR1EN
02-12-2013, 11:09 PM
be sure that i'll use animus shield :P

AntiChrist7
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
no offense, but would you two mind getting a room, and meanwhile keep this thread free for the real problem? :p

Darkknife69
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
t's a Punkbuster issue rather than AC3.

2 fixes, the first one may work. The second should if the first fails.

(First solution makes sure Punkbuster is running as administrator, this fixes a lot of problems on Windows. Second manually updates Punkbuster as sometimes the initial download and install doesn't complete correctly, or Punkbuster doesn't auto-update correctly, but it doesn't give a failure message)

1. Open the following location C:\Windows\SysWOW64
2. Scroll down to PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe (These are past the folders and in the list of files and applications)
3. Right click on each of these and select 'Properties', then the 'Compatibility' tab
4. Click 'Change settings for all users' (Windows may ask permission for admin privilages to do this, click ok'
5. Click the box for 'Run this programme as an administrator'
6. Click 'ok' and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If this doesn't work, manually update Punkbuster as follows. This will give you a 'clean' install and should fix any persistent problem

1. Download Punkbuster.Exe from here http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...oad.php?file=1
2. Run Setup and then click 'Add Game'
3. It will auto-detect where it thinks AC3 is stored, if this doesn't work (if You've installed via Steam or similar) Then manually add the file location. On Steam AC3 is stored here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
4. Click 'Add game' once you've selected the file location, and then click 'Check for Updates'
5. Wait for the update to complete (Shouldn't take too long)

That should then be your Punkbuster up to date and running ok and you should have no further trouble.

I saw this and can say it worked for me. either that or the servers have sorted themselves out. For the people looking for a fix.... not just talking smack on the thread.

Darkknife69
02-12-2013, 11:51 PM

(First solution makes sure Punkbuster is running as administrator, this fixes a lot of problems on Windows. Second manually updates Punkbuster as sometimes the initial download and install doesn't complete correctly, or Punkbuster doesn't auto-update correctly, but it doesn't give a failure message)

2. Scroll down to PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe (These are past the folders and in the list of files and applications)
3. Right click on each of these and select 'Properties', then the 'Compatibility' tab
4. Click 'Change settings for all users' (Windows may ask permission for admin privilages to do this, click ok'

If this doesn't work, manually update Punkbuster as follows. This will give you a 'clean' install and should fix any persistent problem

1. Download Punkbuster.Exe from here http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...oad.php?file=1
3. It will auto-detect where it thinks AC3 is stored, if this doesn't work (if You've installed via Steam or similar) Then manually add the file location. On Steam AC3 is stored here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
4. Click 'Add game' once you've selected the file location, and then click 'Check for Updates'

That should then be your Punkbuster up to date and running ok and you should have no further trouble.

I saw this and can say it worked for me. either that or the servers have sorted themselves out. For the people looking for a fix.... not just talking smack on the thread.

second thoughts, not so much. it is still broken.

YazX_
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM

No its game fault not PB, Updating PB either manually or auto, second method of yours updates PB files in AC3 folder and it doesn't work with this game, you get kicked randomly in matches and when in groups, you can play but after a while you will get kicked, sometimes you dont, but everytime when in a group, you will get kicked if pulled back or as soon as you start searching for games.

However, the other method which everyone in the world is using in all games is to intall pbsvc service and it updates automatically which was not the case in AC3, i had to manually update it and then it doesnt work well.

Ferrith
02-13-2013, 01:37 AM
I have the same problem after installing this crap called patch for PC.
Not only that, but now Windows Problem Reporting asking to use Uplay to connect to the internet, otherwise the game won't play.

What the bloody hell is this all about?

ElleCore
02-13-2013, 01:54 AM
Anyone else unable to load evenbalance.com?

Ferrith
02-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Anyone else unable to load evenbalance.com?
I've tested it for you. I can't open the webpage either.

Black_Widow9
02-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Please make sure you are all reporting this error to Support please! http://support.ubisoft.com/

ElleCore
02-13-2013, 03:11 AM
I've tested it for you. I can't open the webpage either.

Thanks. Now that's just great. AC3's PunkBuster went mad and its website is down at the same time.

Desmond.Miles.
02-13-2013, 05:09 AM
LOL what this patch basically did:
add """erudito packs""""" for PC (full packs with all costumizations and all abilities)
at the very same time all costumizations become unlocked - ****s up erudito users (happy thing i'm not one :P)
punkbuster goes just punk not buster...
Yea ubi, great job!!!
Here is the best part - since I am using steam digital deluxe - I have the option only to uninstall then install game - no disk 1 disk 2 disk 394 etc with useful stuff on them. I tried updating PunkBuster in steam/steamapps/common/Assassin's Creed III. After I did so each time i tried to creat a group ..... no i didn't got kicked.... THE GAME CRASHED. STOPPED RESPONDING. F****D UP.
OK, I thought - maybe another uninstal then reinstal will fix game (or at least only get kicked without crash). Now AC3MP.exe isn't even a working thing. It's just some bu**sh** made from random noob-programmers who think they can call themselves """devs"""..
GREAT JOB UBI, KEEP IT UP! -__-

Anykeyer
02-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Thanks. Now that's just great. AC3's PunkBuster went mad and its website is down at the same time.

Maybe its the same issue and has nothing to do with patch itself? PB is utter crap. Its better to remove it completelly in next patch because it only gives problems. It cant stop even the most common and generic cheat program, its just a stupid joke.

Darkknife69
02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Please make sure you are all reporting this error to Support please! http://support.ubisoft.com/

I'm pretty sure that people are trying to open tickets, although the support website is down, I'd like to think they are currently fixing this issue.

not holding my breath though.

bolz87
02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
OMG, Impossible to find evebalance.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferrith
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Today there is another problem: the game gets stuck to a black screen, it doesn't even go to the Ubisoft loading screen.
Ubisoft, you don't want to know what exactly I think about you, your patches and Uplay changes. :mad:

EDIT:

The Single Player works fine, if I go offline. So, it is apparently MP which can't work.

Kiova
02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Get the same Error from Punkbuster. Sometimes directly after i launch the Game. Somtimes when i played with my GROUP. And in FFA also! PUNKBUSTER WEBSITE IS DOWN?!?! Evenbalance.com also any Ideas why?

YazX_
02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Ok MP is completely down now, BLACK SCREEN, i guess Ubi took it down to sort this problem out, lets see what happens next.

Darkknife69
02-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok MP is completely down now, BLACK SCREEN, i guess Ubi took it down to sort this problem out, lets see what happens next.

let us know if there's any change. can't have another night with nothing to do =P

YazX_
02-13-2013, 03:05 PM
ok it works now and champion pack is available to be bought by Abstergo credits as well (THEY COST TOOOO MUCH).

im going to try to play solo for 10 mins and ill update.

UPDATE: played 2 sessions of wanted and didnt get kicked, i didnt try group though.

Ubi-Cali
02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

We are aware of the issue and investigating.

Please report instances of this happening to customer support, if possible with steps to reproduce. This will greatly help us towards a fix for that problem.

Thank you for your patience

YazX_
02-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi all,

We are aware of the issue and investigating.

Please report instances of this happening to customer support, if possible with steps to reproduce. This will greatly help us towards a fix for that problem.

Thank you for your patience

Hi thx for the update, no steps to reproduce, just play MP with/out group and you will be kicked by punkbuster, im not sure its fixed now as i didnt get kicked.

Ferrith
02-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Noctalya dear, there is nothing to reproduce when you launch MP and all you get is a black screen.

UPDATE:
Following up with all this mess, I have to report that the black screen issue seems to be gone for now. I am able to log in to MP and, after trying a few sessions of FFA and Wolfpack modes, the game seems be back at normal. HOWEVER, the loading times of launching the game are very slow.
Champion Packs show normally, in fact I was actually able to get the Outlaw pack - the only one I wanted, anyway.

I don't know what it will happen next time I launch the game, but right now it seems to work.

YazX_
02-14-2013, 12:56 AM
ok the issue has been resolved, no PB kick within a group nor FFA.

Thx guys for fixing it.

Ferrith
02-14-2013, 02:00 AM
ok the issue has been resolved,
For YOU, not everyone else. I was kicked off a few minutes earlier.

NightmareGK13
02-14-2013, 02:09 AM
seems partially fixed for me
was able to do 3 sessions, but got kicked on the very first one, the other ones following went smoothy

Ferrith
02-14-2013, 02:19 AM
"Partially" is the key-word here. I have played a few sessions with no problem, I thought it was fixed, and then BOO!
This is weird because I have downloaded, installed and updated the program directly from the site, the one that was down yesterday.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Abstergo ,Euridito or Juno attacked Animus network,that's my theory.

YazX_
02-14-2013, 12:50 PM
For YOU, not everyone else. I was kicked off a few minutes earlier.

Dude chill, i just posted my experience, i played 4 hours straight within a group (like 20 sessions) and noone got kicked (not always the same friends in group), and also 2 sessions FFA and didnt kicked, and also we played against other groups and could see all my friends playing normal.

sorry you still have this problem, but what we all have done is manually updating PB after the patch and got kicked everytime the day before yesterday then we gave up, yesterday we didn't do anything with PB and it was normal.

Btw, you said downloaded and installed the file, are you talking about Pbsvc.exe, if thats the case, this updates automatically, but i think for some reason it doesnt, so you have to update it manually if you havent done so, Here are the steps to do that:

1. Download this file:

2. Extract and run, let it update, then click on Add Game.
3. Choose Assassins Creed 3 from the Game Dropdown, browse for the correct path of the game and click on Add Game button.
4. Click on Check For Updates, and it will update PB files inside AC3 Folder.
5. Exit the program and you no longer need to run it again.

I hope this will help you or anyone to solve their problems with PB.

spectatorx
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Updating punkbuster will not change anything. For ac3 was only one update of pb and there was no more updates and this only update was on release date of game.

YazX_
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Updating punkbuster will not change anything. For ac3 was only one update of pb and there was no more updates and this only update was on release date of game.

No you are wrong, PB files were updated in same release date of Patch 1.03 and 1.02, i didnt have the PB service installed on 1.02 patch and got kicked, so i had to install it to work which in turn updated PB files in AC3 folder automatically but now for some reason it doesnt update automatically maybe because evenbalance servers were down, who knows?! and also there was a problem on Ubiservers as well.

if you dont believe it, go to PB folder inside AC3 and check the Date Modified, it should be greater or equal to 12/02/2013, if the date is older, then try updating manually as i described above and you will see its updating PB files for AC3.

Ferrith
02-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Dude chill, i just posted my experience, i played 4 hours straight within a group (like 20 sessions) and noone got kicked (not always the same friends in group), and also 2 sessions FFA and didnt kicked, and also we played against other groups and could see all my friends playing normal.

sorry you still have this problem, but what we all have done is manually updating PB after the patch and got kicked everytime the day before yesterday then we gave up, yesterday we didn't do anything with PB and it was normal.

Btw, you said downloaded and installed the file, are you talking about Pbsvc.exe, if thats the case, this updates automatically, but i think for some reason it doesnt, so you have to update it manually if you havent done so, Here are the steps to do that:

1. Download this file:

2. Extract and run, let it update, then click on Add Game.
3. Choose Assassins Creed 3 from the Game Dropdown, browse for the correct path of the game and click on Add Game button.
4. Click on Check For Updates, and it will update PB files inside AC3 Folder.
5. Exit the program and you no longer need to run it again.

I hope this will help you or anyone to solve their problems with PB.
I had already done what you suggested (because I had dealt with this problem in the past, after a patch for AC:R) and was still kicked out after an hour or so. Sorry if I sounded angry, it was just frustration for having these problems and being unable to enjoy the game. It was nothing personal.

I repeated the procedure today, downloaded the application again, updated, etc. and it seems to work fine - for now. Hopefully it will stay this way.

P.S. The application I downloaded and run was the pbsetup.exe

YazX_
02-15-2013, 01:01 AM
I had already done what you suggested (because I had dealt with this problem in the past, after a patch for AC:R) and was still kicked out after an hour or so. Sorry if I sounded angry, it was just frustration for having these problems and being unable to enjoy the game. It was nothing personal.

I repeated the procedure today, downloaded the application again, updated, etc. and it seems to work fine - for now. Hopefully it will stay this way.

P.S. The application I downloaded and run was the pbsetup.exe

np man, if you saw it updating files then it should work properly this time, did it work out for you now?

penguinsrule14
02-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Noctalya, i still cant update my game. the auto patch still tries to look in the C: drive for the game but the game is on the D: drive and it pops out the error cant find ac3. of course it cant it is looking on the wrong hard drive. so i am many patches behind. please help.

you can send me a private message with how i get the auto patch to look in the D drive.

please and thank you

unicornpoplord
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Trying to get update information to C:\Users\zhu\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi8C4F.tmp.
Found update (Patch, all, all).
Found existing file for target, already flagged for execution. Skipping download(, (Patch, all, all))
Starting update file (C:\Users\zhu\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi57DD.tmp.exe)
Failed to start downloaded update file. The operation was canceled by the user. why is this happening to me please help me!

unicornpoplord
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Trying to get update information to C:\Users\zhu\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiD36A.tmp.
Found update (Patch, all, all).
Found existing file for target, already flagged for execution. Skipping download(, (Patch, all, all))
Starting update file (C:\Users\zhu\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi1610.tmp.exe)
Failed to start downloaded update file. The operation was canceled by the user.

someone please help me! how do i update the game!?