PDA

View Full Version : What time period would you like to see in the next AC?

I_Leave_No_Trace
02-12-2013, 03:18 PM
I would love a Roman Assassins Creed where the main character assassinates Julius Caesar obviously like previous ACs, it doesn't have to be exact.

what time period would you like to see? Lets Discuss

pirate1802
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Anywhere in the ancient Middle East/Mediterranean. Ancient Greece/Egypt/Babylon/Persia.. darn it I'll give my right kidney to see an AC based on one of those locations. :(

silvermercy
02-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Ancient Greece mostly. Lot of potential meeting with historical figures (Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Alexander the Great...) and learning about myths like the Atlantis etc.

This also opens the window for more locations later like ancient Rome, Egypt, Persia, India... (Actually the perfect figure to follow would be Alexander the Great with all his travels and conquests since he visited most of these locations one after the other!) The assassin could be even a captured slave (there were many slaves back then in the city-states) who could be later freed or escape and seek protection from, say, Alexander.

I find this article interesting; the assassin could have this background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Greece

Gil_217
02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Lots of them:

- TWCB Era
- Ancient Rome/Greece/Egypt
- Age of Discovery (especially in the 16th and 17th century)
- Enlightenment era
- Feudal Japan
- Victorian era
- Cold War

Megas_Doux
02-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Victorian era
100 years war
30 years war
China during the Boxer Rebellion or Xinhai Revolution and even "medieval" times!
India during Mughal Empire or Raj

Death_Aflame
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Feudal Japan. A Samurai Assassin would be epic.

CalgaryJay
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Anywhere in the ancient Middle East/Mediterranean. Ancient Greece/Egypt/Babylon/Persia.. darn it I'll give my right kidney to see an AC based on one of those locations. :(

This. We're too recent now, AC needs to hit the rewind button methinks.

The only other setting I'd want besides the ancient Mediterranean would be the medieval Mediterranean, since its AC's roots. And IMO, is the perfect setting for an assassin. I'd love to see them re-visit some of the AC1 places now that they've finally pretty much perfected the gameplay/climbing elements.

Assassin_M
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Ottoman Egypt (1600s)

kriegerdesgottes
02-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I still want my French Revolution game :(

dogziler
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
i want that indian mughal age, partly because of the intereesting weapons there but also because of the strife that could be done between hindus and muslims.

Perk89
02-12-2013, 10:39 PM
I WANT them to continue with the current time period for a while. After that I'd really like to see a WW2 era game. I imagine a lot of what we know about WW2 from AC2 and ACB will have to be retconned or retold ( Churchill wasn't really a Templar, just an Assassin spy!!, things of that nature) but other than that it'd make for am epic AC game I think.

Would also give us the ability to visit many different places as we watched and tried to fight Abstergo's rise to power.

Farlander1991
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm a bit biased (because Moldova is my home country), but I want Wallachia and Moldova of the late 1400s.
a) This is a period and countries that nobody has used in games as the main focus, pretty much... ever. There's one old strategy games based on Vlad's ruling of Wallachia and that's it.
b) Who wouldn't want to meet the real Vlad Dracula? Plus there are other cool historical figures, like Stefan cel Mare.
c) Knowing Vali's backstory from Assassin's Creed Revelations, we can have a very intriguing and interesting Assassins vs. Assassins story.
d) And even though it's the same period as AC2-ACB-ACR, stylistically it still would look VERY different. Moldova and Wallachia of the 15th century were nothing like Italy of the Renaissance.

Rugterwyper32
02-12-2013, 11:09 PM
I honestly want something that doesn't move past the mid-1800.
Among my ideas, I have Peloponnesian Wars or Hellenistic Greece, France during the 100 Years War or the French Revolution, Moorish Spain at its peak and maybe some of northwestern Africa (Morocco, for example), Netherlands during the Dutch Revolt, a huge area covering the 30 Years' War, the South American Wars of Independence (Lima, Quito and Caracas as main cities, I'm thinking), Victorian England, Ba***atsu and/or Meiji Restoration Japan, British India during the late 1700/early 1800, and I don't know how viable that is but considering how long the war between Assassins and Templars has been going on, maybe something like the ancient Maya civilization? I can imagine their take on places like Palenque, Tikal, Takalik Abaj, Chichen Itza, Uxmal... While Colonial Guatemala wouldn't work, I bet you they could make that work a lot better.
I mean, just check some locations of those with this: http://www.maya-3d.com/
I think that should speak for itself. Of course, I don't know how viable that is, but hey

DomdudeDaGreat
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM
I may be biased, but I would really love to see AC4 set in Victorian London.

EvanJamesLee
02-13-2013, 12:47 AM
The Industrial Revolution (maybe a bit modern though)

The Louisiana Purchase (also a bit modern)

The year fire was discovered (maybe a bit too old though)

Spanish Colonization of the Phillipines and the revolution (maybe a bit too long of a timeline though, 1521-1896)

Black_Widow9
02-13-2013, 01:09 AM
Please post this here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609

Thanks