PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flags Rumor

catkiller97
02-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flags Rumor

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-4/thumb/e/ec/Pirate.jpg/468px-Pirate.jpg

According to a Reddit user who oversaw a Power Point presentation on a flight, the next Assassin's Creed will focus on pirates and be called Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flags.

Here is the entirety of the post: "I was on a flight where the lady in the row in front of me was working on a powerpoint presentation on marketing strategies of several gaming titles. And one that stood out the most was AC4: Black Flags, aimed for release 2013 Holiday season according to her slide. It already had a cool looking logo for it. Unfortunately I didn't take any photo, just wanted to share it with all the AC fans, and give those who are trying to figure out the next story line a little hint."

Contradicting this rumor somewhat is another tale of leisurely espionage from a second Reddit user, who claims the Black Flag(s) content is DLC. "Whilst sitting in a San Francisco Cafe, I happened to overhear two advertising designers discussing a new piece of ACIII DLC, titled Black Flag, that will focus more deeply on naval combat. According to them, the tagline stands as "Survival is the Only Thing Worth Dying For," and the commercial being pitched involves an Admiral of the British Royal Navy attempting to arrest Connor Kenway on the high seas, whilst a Johnny Cash song sets the tone. The DLC is apparently nearly six months out and still in early development, but seems to be a definite project that Ubisoft is working on."

src:IGN

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
If this is true, I'm giving up on this franchise. So what? they saw the naval missions working in ACIII so they're making a whole game? and what if it's DLC? too pointless.
I wonder when they'll get their head straight and go for the era of The First Civilization, already.

straty88
02-11-2013, 01:16 PM
If this is true, I'm giving up on this franchise. So what? they saw the naval missions working in ACIII so they're making a whole game? and what if it's DLC? too pointless.
I wonder when they'll get their head straight and go for the era of The First Civilization, already.

Tbh I rarely see anyone actually asking for a First Civ setting. While I'd love to see it, I'd rather see a Victorian England or something of that nature.

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Tbh I rarely see anyone actually asking for a First Civ setting. While I'd love to see it, I'd rather see a Victorian England or something of that nature.
I think the First Civilization setting would be very good for a finale or for now since our conflict is with Juno. Maybe someone needs to go back, play as Eve and use the Eye to see the possibilities about what to happen and find the means to save the world. I love to see Victorian England, the thing is, places and games are starting to feel the same, that's why I went for the First Civ. for a change. It's like an alternate world.

andreja110s
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I hate naval battles, and now they want to focuse on this?! If this is true Im not going to buy it.

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I hate naval battles, and now they want to focuse on this?! If this is true Im not going to buy it.
Saaaaaameeeee

Megas_Doux
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
I would hate a 100% first civilization game!!!!!!!!

The core of this franchise, the reason it has become so big, is the historic part of it...Experiencing the crusades, Renassaince and the XVIII century; Different architectures, world changing characters, places weapons, clothing etc etc etc. I find interesting if some "flasback" secuences are present, but an entire game based on that????

PLEASE NO!!!!

PD: Loved naval gameplay, but I am not sure about an "exclusive" game of it. Although an spinoff, aka non AC game .....That would be awesome!!!!

straty88
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I think the First Civilization setting would be very good for a finale or for now since our conflict is with Juno. Maybe someone needs to go back, play as Eve and use the Eye to see the possibilities about what to happen and find the means to save the world. I love to see Victorian England, the thing is, places and games are starting to feel the same, that's why I went for the First Civ. for a change. It's like an alternate world.

True although the same could be said for Rockstar games worlds feeling the same in some cases but they make you (for me anyway) feel part of that world. I have the same sort of feeling when playing an AC. Whereas if we're playing in a essentially Sc-fi futuristic setting, I can't really see myself being immersed in that world as much. As I said that's just me but some of the things they could explore would probably interest a lot me more, in terms of story and even gameplay.

pacmanate
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I like the Naval stuff, but they gotta stop ramming it down our throats. If this is DLC, fair enough, it probably is. If its the next AC game (which I highly doubt), I won't be getting it, as Naval is not historic and it is lazy.

RinoTheBouncer
02-11-2013, 03:56 PM
I would hate a 100% first civilization game!!!!!!!!

The core of this franchise, the reason it has become so big, is the historic part of it...Experiencing the crusades, Renassaince and the XVIII century; Different architectures, world changing characters, places weapons, clothing etc etc etc. I find interesting if some "flasback" secuences are present, but an entire game based on that????

PLEASE NO!!!!

PD: Loved naval gameplay, but I am not sure about an "exclusive" game of it. Although an spinoff, aka non AC game .....That would be awesome!!!!

Well it wouldn't entire be in that time. Besides, AC games seem to be taken steps and each step is different from the other so maybe a mission that requires us to go into space will require an Astronaut Desmond LOL and I'm open for it because if the story requires that part, it's ok. We can live the times of the First Civilization and other times too or maybe pre and post Toba Catastrophe.

True although the same could be said for Rockstar games worlds feeling the same in some cases but they make you (for me anyway) feel part of that world. I have the same sort of feeling when playing an AC. Whereas if we're playing in a essentially Sc-fi futuristic setting, I can't really see myself being immersed in that world as much. As I said that's just me but some of the things they could explore would probably interest a lot me more, in terms of story and even gameplay.

I agree with you that Historical Settings are the base of the franchise but we can have a segment there instead of having it in this modern time.

catkiller97
02-16-2013, 08:35 AM
title doesn't sounds good if this is true :(

YuurHeen
02-16-2013, 09:00 AM
a pirate game? I will so pirate that game :P

no but really. that would suick

IWGCJoeCool
02-16-2013, 01:50 PM

ya know, this has been bouncing back and forth betwixt me ears for a few days...without wanting or needing to get too specific...

First Civ times, post disaster earth, but not too post, maybe after the temperatures and atmosphere settle down. there would be city ruins, assuming many tall buildings still somewhat standing, and plenty of wasteland as well.

add the first group of hybrid Precursor/Humans to want to gain control...Templars

and

the first group who would need to oppose them...Assassins.

anyway, throw that on a blank piece o' paper and write 30 treatments for it.

the only thing i'll throw at it is that the Precursor blood/DNA would be far less diluted so Eagle Vision could be stronger or be even more paranormal.

JC

Rakdarr
02-16-2013, 03:53 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw the title was an Assassin in the Night's Watch. ASOIAF would make a great AC game, no doubt, but unlikely as Hell freezing over.

I-Like-Pie45
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM
If it's a main game, I'll be depressed that Ubisoft has overlooked an acclaimed part of AC3 and used pirates in favor of all the other possible settings they could've used.

If it's DLC, I'll be even more depressed because it will have proven that Ubisoft will still be milking AC3 long after the Season Pass has run its course.

RinoTheBouncer
02-16-2013, 05:06 PM
ya know, this has been bouncing back and forth betwixt me ears for a few days...without wanting or needing to get too specific...

First Civ times, post disaster earth, but not too post, maybe after the temperatures and atmosphere settle down. there would be city ruins, assuming many tall buildings still somewhat standing, and plenty of wasteland as well.

add the first group of hybrid Precursor/Humans to want to gain control...Templars

and

the first group who would need to oppose them...Assassins.

anyway, throw that on a blank piece o' paper and write 30 treatments for it.

the only thing i'll throw at it is that the Precursor blood/DNA would be far less diluted so Eagle Vision could be stronger or be even more paranormal.

JC

I actually like your idea.

I think Eve would have her significant role here as a playable character and how she leads the revolution pre and post Toba catastrophe. I think it would be very interesting to see how the concentrated genes would manifest themselves and how the Eagle Sense be. It would be very fun to try limit yet strong characteristics. Maybe it would drain your strength would strong usage of maybe it would come suddenly in times of need, let's see when Adrenaline rises or something to make the game not so easy to solve and not so full of paranormal stuff.

rain89c
02-16-2013, 05:37 PM
lol pirate assassins LMAO. I'd kill myself if this was actually true.
the naval battles in AC3 were extremely boring both game-play and aesthetically.

kuled2012
02-16-2013, 05:46 PM
If they really do make AC4 a naval dedicated game than I am giving up on this series. Always leaving us with more questions than answers, giving us a DLC which all of a sudden is Canon (which will make absolutely no sense) and a half-arsed modern story. I started this series in 2007 and have been obsessed about this series ever since, but if this game will be just a naval dedicated game than I am abandoning the AC franchise for good. I hope it's not the case.

WalSwJan
02-16-2013, 06:30 PM
They should not do an AC : Black Flags,they just should do a Black Flags,without AC. Their Navalsystem is awesome and the people that like it would buy an awesome pirategame that has nothing to do with AC.

J7hnny
02-17-2013, 01:55 AM
And that's how a rumor starts.

xboxauditore
02-17-2013, 03:50 PM
They should not do an AC : Black Flags,they just should do a Black Flags,without AC. Their Navalsystem is awesome and the people that like it would buy an awesome pirategame that has nothing to do with AC.

I know I would.