PDA

View Full Version : AC III what is the point of trading goods?

Spiritu War
02-09-2013, 01:47 AM
is it even worth your time to do so? i don't get it.

also what is the point of the game? just do all the main missions? the side quests are just for bragging rights?

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 02:27 AM
1- Money...

2- That`s pretty much what every game is....are you a new gamer ?

Spiritu War
02-09-2013, 02:45 AM
1) but money for what? i have some money but nothing worth buying and i don't really need to buy anything anyways since i can kill everything pretty much.
2) i am not, but its just this game is a bit too laden with side stuff, makes the main goal seem questionable. I am not sure if i need to horde enough gold or do enough side quests first before i move on and do the main. i am new to the AC series, perhaps that's why....

Assassin_M
02-09-2013, 02:48 AM
1) but money for what? i have some money but nothing worth buying and i don't really need to buy anything anyways since i can kill everything pretty much.
2) i am not, but its just this game is a bit too laden with side stuff, makes the main goal seem questionable. I am not sure if i need to horde enough gold or do enough side quests first before i move on and do the main. i am new to the AC series, perhaps that's why....
1- Money for your ship, Money for some Homestead missions and Crafting. I agree that there`s not much to spend on, though..

2- You can choose to do whatever you want at any time. Side missions do not hinder Main missions and vice versa..

mattahleen
02-09-2013, 03:12 AM
I got to the point where I can make 20,000 pounds at a time with my convoys.

snowball111222
02-18-2013, 07:44 PM
I think it's just a way to get money without having to wait on convoys.

MasterAssasin84
02-18-2013, 08:11 PM
You can get money by Trading , Crafting new goods from receipes discovered around the towns and frontier that sort of thing

For example your hunting spoils every time you hunt and capture and animals skin you can sell them or use the spoils in a receipe to create stuff to sell.

IWGCJoeCool
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
eventually, most of the side stuff results in the complete restoration of Davenport Homestead, much like what was done in AC2 by rebuilding sections of the Villa M. and buying paintings. i find it all just a little satisfying, and sometimes it was kool to take a break from Main Mission stuff, so i didnt play the game out in just a couple of days. chasing down Almanac Pages was good free-run and escape practice. once the Homestead is up to speed and all the Assassin Recruits are promoted, that never-ending side stuff gets redundant and boring though. so my advice is to do it all a little at a time so nothing gets stale until the very end.

i have a bigger question as to what point there was, a Pivot Point as it were....didnt get it, dont get it. whats the value of hacking the settings? i could see changing the weather to Winter and snow if you appreciated that action, but what else was any of it any good for?

JC

SixKeys
02-18-2013, 11:19 PM
eventually, most of the side stuff results in the complete restoration of Davenport Homestead, much like what was done in AC2 by rebuilding sections of the Villa M. and buying paintings.

The difference is that in AC2 the changes to your Villa were much more obvious and therefore more satisfying. Achilles' mansion was only in disrepair until he taught you about trading, after that everything was suddenly in perfect condition. You weren't actually "restoring" anything, only adding pointless stuff like Ben Franklin's inventions (WTF does Connor need those for anyway?). You could argue that things like the paintings in AC2 were useless too, but there was a reason for collecting them as Mario pointed out that they would raise the property's value and attract more paying visitors. Then there are the Homestead people, but the only reason to recruit them was so they could eventually learn to craft things which you couldn't even use yourself, only sell to general stores/overseas. The Homestead wasn't a barren wasteland before those people settled down, recruiting them never did anything to "restore" the landscape. You just got a few more houses here and there which were so far apart that it was a pain traveling back and forth between them.

Perk89
02-19-2013, 03:39 AM
I do agree there are a few things in AC3 that would have been better served by having an "endgame" to.

For instance, renovating and opening up shops in ACB and ACR contributed to your overall rebuilding of that city and spreading Assassin influence (the assassin influence part should have been elaborated on more, but that's something else entirely)

In other words, even though it was seemingly small, there was a purpose for doing all those things. In AC3, a lot of the stuff to do was there just to do. Served no real purpose, such as the previously mentioned convoys and also those horrible mail quests. Just another poor design decision that could have been easily rectified that helped bring down the game down some.

For the record though, building the homestead was a nice feature that could have been fleshed out even more. I chuckle whenever someone tries to attacks Connor's personality without playing the homestead missions-that's one of the times you see a whole other side of him. Overall though. the homestead was a good idea and the way it impacted your trading was pretty neat. Now if only trading impacted the homestead back in turn.

Sinister_and_Co
02-19-2014, 02:18 AM
I enjoyed the convoys and crafting, but having to navigate through the menu to pick one thing to craft at a time was a pain. Also, once I had unlocked all the stores, I couldn't make out any market dynamics;, one of two different stores would always pay the highest price for each item class (e.g. Food), and every item's price was constant. The market was never saturated, leading to a few items always being most profitable, and others simply scenery in the recipes list. Also, I wanted the war supplies, and building (construction) supplies especially to have in game effect.

JorgeChihuahua
02-19-2014, 01:53 PM
i have a bigger question as to what point there was, a Pivot Point as it were....didnt get it, dont get it. whats the value of hacking the settings? i could see changing the weather to Winter and snow if you appreciated that action, but what else was any of it any good for?

JC

If you haven't fully synchronized the main missions, you can use some pivots hacks to make the frustrating ones easier. For example I used the Invinciblity hack on that one where you have to cross a battlefield without getting shot. I also used a sort of ninja hack as well because I'm a dirty cheater. :) If you want to do that stuff you can just a bit of time collecting the pivots.

Ureh
02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Oh wow! I didn't know you could use the hacks to achieve 100% sync. :p

STDlyMcStudpants
02-19-2014, 06:13 PM
It was so hard to get money in AC3.... lol
Actually had to 'work' for it...bs hahahahha

STDlyMcStudpants
02-19-2014, 06:14 PM

Me either, I thought they turned saving off lol

Fatal-Feit
02-19-2014, 08:14 PM
It was so hard to get money in AC3.... lol
Actually had to 'work' for it...bs hahahahha

Purchase half a dozen boats and use them to trade pelts. Rinse&repeat and you're good to go.

You probably figured this out already but I'm leaving this here for anyone who might need this.

STDlyMcStudpants
02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Purchase half a dozen boats and use them to trade pelts. Rinse&repeat and you're good to go.

You probably figured this out already but I'm leaving this here for anyone who might need this.

I didnt even fully upgrade my ship in ac3..its the only thing left to buy..i didnt touch the convoy stuff....i hate crafting in games lol

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-19-2014, 10:28 PM
I thought the crafting system was new and interesting. Besides, you were basically establishing an economy in AC3 and making some coin off of it so it wasn't too bad of an experience. The only thing I wish that was changed was selecting items one by one =/

JorgeChihuahua
02-20-2014, 02:09 PM

Without it, I wouldn't have gotten close to 100%. Btw, found out you can do it in black flag too. Hehehehehe

Fatal-Feit
02-20-2014, 02:33 PM
We need more hacks like the skeleton crew in AC:IV.

Arid_OrchId
02-20-2014, 03:23 PM
We need more hacks like the skeleton crew in AC:IV.

I agree

Ureh
02-20-2014, 04:47 PM

Another thing I wasn't aware of... you can buy 6 boats?! I only have 4 wagons and 2 boats. :eek::p