PDA

View Full Version : The Sound of Silence...

slarsson
06-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I think it's perfectly fair for UBI to be upset about leaked patches.
What isn't so defensible, however, is the disregard UBI is showing those who haven't sought out and installed the leaked patch. It surely wouldn't hurt UBI to post a message reassuring customers that the patch will soon be here, maybe even (gasp!) when it may be here.....

Steph Larsson
Vancouver's Island
At or about L 48? 26.06'N, Lo 123? 19.31'W

slarsson
06-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I think it's perfectly fair for UBI to be upset about leaked patches.
What isn't so defensible, however, is the disregard UBI is showing those who haven't sought out and installed the leaked patch. It surely wouldn't hurt UBI to post a message reassuring customers that the patch will soon be here, maybe even (gasp!) when it may be here.....

Steph Larsson
Vancouver's Island

Indianer.
06-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Well said.

http://www.fighter-collection.com/film/img/dark_blue_world.jpg

"Wer auf die preussische Fahne schwort, hat nichts mehr, was ihm selber gehort"

Red_Russian13
06-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind hearing something. But we don't usually anyway. I don't much care, but hearing something would be okay.

I have, however, sucessfully resisted the temptation to install the leaked patch. What's on the darn thing anyway?

Red Russian

DrDave242
06-18-2004, 02:48 PM
You want to know when the patch will be here? Well, I'll tell you. The patch will be here exactly forty-eight seconds before the first post-patch whine appears in this forum. The poster will protest the fact that it took a full forty-eight seconds to download the patch. The poster will then go on to speculate that the Russian patch takes only thirty-six seconds to download, which is obvious evidence of the pro-Russian bias of the designers. Really, how could it be anything else?

---
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

HL callsign: FruitPieJones
Today is a good day for pie.

Itto_Okami
06-18-2004, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slarsson:
I think it's perfectly fair for UBI to be upset about leaked patches.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that with internet to avoid the leaking of anything is virtually impossible... There are many examples here around (Half Life 2, Doom 3, Window$ 98/2000/XP...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What isn't so defensible, however, is the disregard UBI is showing those who haven't sought out and installed the leaked patch. It surely wouldn't hurt UBI to post a message reassuring customers that the patch will soon be here, maybe even (gasp!) when it may be here.....

Steph Larsson
Vancouver's Island
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Standard UBI procedure... (No irony, whining or whatever you think was intended... just Il2/FB/AEP experience...)

S!

Itto

wayno7777
06-18-2004, 09:44 PM
We all know it's 2 weeks. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/wayno77/Dux_Wreck.jpg
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!