PDA

View Full Version : Just order, is it popular online? :D

I ate zombies
02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Just ordered i meant >_< I should have it by Tuesday. Also does it have lots of stuff to unlock? I like unlocking and trying new stuff out :)

JustHatched
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Welcome to the GRFS community!!!

Unlocks.....well, there is 3 DLC's, 2 for MP (Arctic & Khyber) and 1 for single player (Raven), you can get 3 (I think) guns unlocked through Uplay, the pistols have all been unlocked by Ubisoft so you don't have to do anything extra to get them, then there are the Preorder guns if you can get the codes to unlock those, I think there is preorder maps and gun skins as well but don't know for sure as the preorder things were spread out across various stores.

I ate zombies
02-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Welcome to the GRFS community!!!

Unlocks.....well, there is 3 DLC's, 2 for MP (Arctic & Khyber) and 1 for single player (Raven), you can get 3 (I think) guns unlocked through Uplay, the pistols have all been unlocked by Ubisoft so you don't have to do anything extra to get them, then there are the Preorder guns if you can get the codes to unlock those, I think there is preorder maps and gun skins as well but don't know for sure as the preorder things were spread out across various stores.Ok Thanks :)

tr3ntmc89
02-08-2013, 03:54 AM
2 weapons through Uplay: M40 for Ghost and the RPK for Bodark.
All gun skins got unlocked with the handguns.
Only pre-order stuff were guns, either the Assault rifle pack or Sniper Pack.....depending on where you pre-ordered.

As you level up your character weapons are unlocked at levels 20 and 32, this is a decision point, you choose which gun path you prefer, eg. a scout chooses between Snipers and smg's.
Equipment is also unlocked as you rank, sometimes its given sometimes you must choose what you want at a decision point, eg. a scout can choose an OTR Scanner or Exacto Ammo
You can unlock a 2-for-1 decision point through Uplay, it can only be used once on one character but works for both factions. the 2-for-1 can only be used on Guns NOT equipment.
Headgear is unlocked as you progress.

Unfortunately on Xbox theres only really one gametype available 'Conflict', you can still find a Siege Lobby at the right time, sometimes you might have to wait 5 minutes for a Siege match. The other gametypes rarely get played. I did play Saboteur a few times recently.........still havnt tried Takeover.
Best advice is to make friends with people you get along with so you have a party to play with in Campaign, Guerilla and MP. You have to supply your own friends in Campaign and Guerilla as they arnt public lobbies.

Its a great game with a few bugs, i like this 3rd person, objective based tactical game, but i have had a few dramas with it.
You will most likely get owned for awhile in MP as this game has a steep learning curve. For MP practise try Guerilla mode by yourself in the 'Offices' map on the easiest difficulty and aim to past wave 9 without dying. This wont make you an expert at MP but it should help speed up your learning process.

And Welcome To Ghost Recon

lll zeke lll
02-08-2013, 08:55 PM

You get the M60 through Uplay for Ghost.

to OP, I know you asked about online but in the campaign most weapons and attachments have to be unlocked by finishing missions and completing a variety of tactical challenges. It gives the campaign some decent replay value. If you like customizing stuff you're gonna LOVE Gunsmith available in both SP & MP. Firing range is also great for testing out your custom weapon.

tr3ntmc89
02-10-2013, 04:00 AM
You get the M60 through Uplay for Ghost.

Haha sorry, I dont know why i wrote M40. My bad

I ate zombies
02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
All gun skins got unlocked with the handguns.
Only pre-order stuff were guns, either the Assault rifle pack or Sniper Pack.....depending on where you pre-ordered.

As you level up your character weapons are unlocked at levels 20 and 32, this is a decision point, you choose which gun path you prefer, eg. a scout chooses between Snipers and smg's.
Equipment is also unlocked as you rank, sometimes its given sometimes you must choose what you want at a decision point, eg. a scout can choose an OTR Scanner or Exacto Ammo
You can unlock a 2-for-1 decision point through Uplay, it can only be used once on one character but works for both factions. the 2-for-1 can only be used on Guns NOT equipment.
Headgear is unlocked as you progress.

Unfortunately on Xbox theres only really one gametype available 'Conflict', you can still find a Siege Lobby at the right time, sometimes you might have to wait 5 minutes for a Siege match. The other gametypes rarely get played. I did play Saboteur a few times recently.........still havnt tried Takeover.
Best advice is to make friends with people you get along with so you have a party to play with in Campaign, Guerilla and MP. You have to supply your own friends in Campaign and Guerilla as they arnt public lobbies.

Its a great game with a few bugs, i like this 3rd person, objective based tactical game, but i have had a few dramas with it.
You will most likely get owned for awhile in MP as this game has a steep learning curve. For MP practise try Guerilla mode by yourself in the 'Offices' map on the easiest difficulty and aim to past wave 9 without dying. This wont make you an expert at MP but it should help speed up your learning process.

And Welcome To Ghost ReconOk thanks for reply. I should be getting it Monday or Tuesday. I will keep an eye on the forums for new players to add for the camaign ect :D

I ate zombies
02-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Enjoying the campaign, liking it better than Battlefield 3. Shame there is not players using the other online game modes like you say. Conflict seems to be the only one. I will attempt to get game on another later. Also guerrilla doesn't appear to have public lobbies which makes it useless :(

PublicVermin
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Enjoying the campaign, liking it better than Battlefield 3. Shame there is not players using the other online game modes like you say. Conflict seems to be the only one. I will attempt to get game on another later. Also guerrilla doesn't appear to have public lobbies which makes it useless :(

Guerilla is junk any way, trust me. You can usually catch a Sab lobby or a Siege lobby, but Decoy is harder.

tr3ntmc89
02-14-2013, 05:25 AM
Guerilla would be better if it had Public Lobbies, but even then I would only play it every so often. Probably when I want to switch off and just shoot stuff or for practise when I havnt played multiplayer in awhile.
@PublicVermin on Xbox its only Conflict with an occasional Siege match. The only time other modes are played is when playing against another party of friends. Not saying that matches cant be found, just that their rare. Siege was rare for awhile but its picking back up.

PublicVermin
02-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Guerilla would be better if it had Public Lobbies, but even then I would only play it every so often. Probably when I want to switch off and just shoot stuff or for practise when I havnt played multiplayer in awhile.
@PublicVermin on Xbox its only Conflict with an occasional Siege match. The only time other modes are played is when playing against another party of friends. Not saying that matches cant be found, just that their rare. Siege was rare for awhile but its picking back up.

I understand. Check out the PS3 DLC gameplay schedule thread and model an Xbox thread off it. Maybe you can get a few matches for each mode going? I was finally able to play Takedown for the first time thanks to the thread (and JustHatched).

tr3ntmc89
02-15-2013, 04:23 AM
Haha an Australian trying to scheduale play times for Americans and English sounds like chaos.
Its a good thought and I honestly did look at copying his idea for Xbox.
I played Takeover for the 1st time last night, it was only a private match with 10 of us but i tried it.
Ive thought about getting GRFS for my PS3 to see how it plays out, but I dont like PS controllers or button mapping

PublicVermin
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Haha an Australian trying to scheduale play times for Americans and English sounds like chaos.
Its a good thought and I honestly did look at copying his idea for Xbox.
I played Takeover for the 1st time last night, it was only a private match with 10 of us but i tried it.
Ive thought about getting GRFS for my PS3 to see how it plays out, but I dont like PS controllers or button mapping

I have the PowerA Elite Pro controller, basically an Xbox controller for my PS3, and also i have a Frag FX mouse/chuck on the way. I can't stadn the PS controller either.