PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't Ubisoft released a patch with DLC4.forge

nekitbro1234567
02-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Or acknowledged that it is in fact a fix?

Why did this one file that fixes a huge issue have to be discovered by the community of players instead of actually being identified as a fix by the support team?

Why is the game at a different update stage in Brazil than it is here in the U.S.?

Why have the forum admins kept mum on the subject since the discovery of the DLC4 forge file by forum posters?

Does anyone else care? Why were we left (and still are) with a lower functioning version of the SAME GAME that is sold in other countries? Would anyone else like to hear answers on these questions?

GalakFyarr
02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
the DLC4.forge is a language "patch" for brazil. That's why we don't get it.

My guess would be that the dlc_4.forge file makes the dlc_3.forge file redundant. it doesn't fix the dlc_3.forge file at all, it just makes AC3 no longer read that file because there's a more recent DLC available.

So, in that light, when the next real DLC is released, there will probably be a new dlc_4.forge (or it might be dlc_5.forge) file, who will make dlc_3.forge redundant too. Hopefully, it'll fix the problem just the same...

Next DLC is said to be released on 19 February.

Mr_Shade
02-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Have you checked the FAQ site?

its listed on there as an official suggestion, using the official files from Ubisoft.

Be careful downloading "fixes" from 3rd party sites.

guifisilva
02-07-2013, 11:18 PM

its listed on there as an official suggestion, using the official files from Ubisoft.

Oh my, sorry, Mr. Shade, but you sound like if it was there since the first days that the problem was reported. :/

Oh, I'm sorry for not owning an official Ubisoft server. I was just trying to help...

nekitbro1234567
02-09-2013, 03:41 AM

I found it as a suggestion in the thread "Fix at least the 860kb music bug". This was not in the FAQs before guifisilva posted a link to a host page that carried the new forge file on 02-01-2013, 05:49 PM. I think if it were in the FAQ prior to his post it would have been mentioned earlier in that thread and/or the other threads about the missing music problem (since so many people had that problem). I see the FAQ page says this at the header " Updated 02/07/2013 11:50 AM". So basically Ubisoft posted the fix after the community discovered how to resolve the issue a week before then.

My remaining question is, if I only inserted the DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge file into my game directory, am I missing content by not downloading the other 3 files that are shown here from the FAQ page. Am I missing DLC content or something? I have the Deluxe Edition on Steam and I activated the codes way back (followed by my missing music issue). So what do these 3 other files do? Should I use this installer to put them in? I see there are some issues with the link you guys provide, has that been resolved?

http://help.support.ubi.com/images/AssassinsCreed/AC3/PC/Step8.jpg