PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute! *SPOILER ALERT*

Lupercus50
02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm probably about to look very dumb, but I have to ask, I completed the game along with epilogues then went in to free play, nice to see free play was at least implemented, but since Desmond is dead, who in the heck is in the animus?

YazX_
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Desmond

Lupercus50
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
DesmondThere ya go, I said I'd look dumb, the spirit of Desmond is dreaming.

L_Alejo
02-06-2013, 09:27 PM
It's currently unkown, it's not Desmond, but at the end of the Pivots mission it is revealed that Desmond's sessions were uploaded to the cloud, and anyone with an Animus gaming system was able to access them and learn the truth about the Templars.

Anykeyer
02-07-2013, 06:42 AM
They never explained free roam in the past games too. There were simply no time windows when they could be. For example why can you return to Ezio in Revelations? Desmond is already out of coma and stands near Temple's entrance. Then he jumps back into Animus, which is still using safe mode? Makes no sense. Same with other games.

Farlander1991
02-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Same with other games.

Uhm... actually, Revelations is the only one where post-game Animus doesn't make sense.
AC1 - you can wander around the laboratory and get into the Animus whenever you like. Logical.
AC2 - you get back into the Animus while in the truck to try to find more missing pieces of information from Ezio's life (obviously, they're not in AC2, but that's the reasoning). Logical.
ACB - you're put into the Animus when Desmond gets into coma to keep his brain active until a solution is found. Logical. (and, hell, Da Vinci's disappearance is relived while Desmond's in the coma, so that's like a direct continuation)
AC3 - whoever (either some hackers or Abstergo employees, or ex-Abstergo employees) uses Abstergo's research for getting into the DNA memories of the person without the person himself (just his DNA). Maybe not as logical, but not senseless.

Revelations is the odd one of the bunch.

Anykeyer
02-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Can free roam and have time for it - are too different things.
AC1 - credits roll when you see that blood painting in your room, AC2 starts at exactly same moment.
AC2 - the only game that tries to explain free roam, Here Desmond may or may not had time to free roam before ACB starts.
ACB - Desmond fell in coma AFTER DaVinci DLC. Just watch its ending on YT. This is also the only reasonable momemt for safe mode activation which starts ACR.

Farlander1991
02-07-2013, 07:52 AM
AC1 - credits roll when you see that blood painting in your room, AC2 starts at exactly same moment.

Free roam mode in AC1 starts BEFORE the ending credits. We can walk around as much as we want before activating the Eagle Vision in the room, and get in and out of the Animus at our leisure, so taking this into account, AC2 may still start immediately after AC1 still leaving time to free roam in AC1.

Besides, before AC Initiates came out, there was no exact time window between AC1 and AC2. It could be a day or whatever. Maybe Desmond got in and out of the room several times and he examined the painting on the wall several times, and AC2 just starts after like a third or fourth examination of what the hell it could be :p

Initiates leaves us with one hour, but this timeframe wasn't known when AC1 and 2 were made. Plus, an hour can be enough to relive a few memories...

ACB - Desmond fell in coma AFTER DaVinci DLC. Just watch its ending on YT.

Technicality. I mean, he's unconscious for a certain amount of time already, in shock, whatever. William and the second guy are talking when DaVinci Disappearance sequence starts, so the ending of ACB has already passed by that point.

Besides, doesn't negate my point, which is - they've put him into Animus because he fell into shock, ergo, there is a reasoning for free roam and it's not senseless. You could argue that AFTER DaVinci DLC we shouldn't be able to free roam, but, heck, Animus' safe mode didn't necessarily get activated IMMEDIATELY after DaVinci DLC's ending (after all, they had to have some time to prepare to get on the road and stuff like that, and William's second in command was nowhere to be heard at the beginning of ACR, so some time must've passed). Therefore, there is a window.

GalakFyarr
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't understand why people care.

How would you feel if they had decided that "since it doesn't make sense, you just won't be able to free-roam at all. Please start a new game". (that's kind of like how Mafia 2 works).

To me, they didn't need to add any explanation

Anykeyer
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't understand why people care.

How would you feel if they had decided that "since it doesn't make sense, you just won't be able to free-roam at all. Please start a new game". (that's kind of like how Mafia 2 works).

To me, they didn't need to add any explanation

That was my (well hidden) point
No one cared before. Why care now?