PDA

View Full Version : PC Multiplayer - What's the haps?

superdanks
02-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Hello everyone!

I bought when it came out a couple of months ago. I played through it and thoroughly enjoyed the single player; silently snubbing bad guys whilst nabbing up each and every Tatauan pendant and trinket I could discover. A riveting experience, it was!

I then began to grow in curiosity about the multiplayer function of this game. Upon my first attempt at joining a match it led me to a brick wall. I had figured that would happen. Most new games never truly get their launch right. Upon researching, I found out that many others had this problem. This put me at ease. So, I waited. That brings me to present day.
I had made an attempt at joining a match yesterday and it just stuck me in a room all by my lonesome with nobody joining. Multiple quick-match & custom match attempts all led me to the same problem.

I am curious, has any progress been made in the direction of correcting this?

annoynimous
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
no idea from the dev team but there has been a constant stream of these similar threads that's for sure :p

continue the good fight comrade and go to the feedback and support page if you have to (stickied on first page)

MSV-Vextor
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Getting into empty lobbies can happen if there are no free space in other lobbies - those other lobbies also have to have a good ping. We've made changes to the matchmaking system continuously since launch as well.

If you get into an empty lobby, wait around for 2-3 minutes and see if something happens. Else back out to the main menu and try again.

superdanks
02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Getting into empty lobbies can happen if there are no free space in other lobbies - those other lobbies also have to have a good ping. We've made changes to the matchmaking system continuously since launch as well.

If you get into an empty lobby, wait around for 2-3 minutes and see if something happens. Else back out to the main menu and try again.

Well I just found it hard to believe that in all of my attempts, there was no free space -ever-. And upon waiting for several minutes, sometimes hours, brings no results.

IceT-Bag
02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
We've made changes to the matchmaking system continuously since launch as well.

Are there any plans to release a dedicated server package for the PC platform in the future?

I know there is a MP feedback thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734066-Far-Cry-3-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Feedback-NO-SPOILERS-PLEASE) in the console forum, but as we're in the PC forum and talking about the PC MP I thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Swedenforce
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Are there any plans to release a dedicated server package for the PC platform in the future?

U belive in santa to?

matty101yttam
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
The lobby system just like everything else is broken, there's a bug where it won't let certain players join certain other players.
Like a friend of mine can not join on me he gets "can't join game" and i get the same trying to join him, same goes if one of us is the host and just try joining on someone else.

You can be halfway through a game and a player leaves and i become host and he gets dropped out of game, if the game selects me as host in lobby it will remove him and put him in another lobby by himself.

So many bugs so few patches.

IceT-Bag
02-08-2013, 01:31 AM
U belive in santa to?

We can only hope they're so embarrassed by the P2P system they have given us that they do the right thing and either improve it or release a dedicated server package. Surely when any developer makes a game and commits the enormous amount of resources/money that they do to a title - they want the end user to have the best gaming experience?

I don't think a developer could ever convince me that P2P on the PC platform gives players a better online gaming experience than a dedicated server package. I'd love to hear their views on it - but I really don't think I could be convinced.

It's almost as if they (developers in general) are afraid to make the perfect game because they may not 'live up to it' with future sequels. The FC3 SP side is brilliant, you can tell they've put loads of effort in and its paid off - but the MP ruins it, and its not the MP game-play that's the problem - its the P2P system that ruins the gaming experience.