PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 3 offensive location descriptions

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:12 AM
I am not sure who is in charge of writing the descriptions of the locations in the database, but I find some of them highly offensive. Also, giving a description in first person with your biased, idiotic opinion is not needed. How about just describing the location with cold hard facts. An example of my displeasure: In the description of Christ Church, it states, "...better known by its official name, Christ Church, named after Jesus Christ, a former celebrity carpenter." Really? Using a religious figure as a punch line? Not sure what idiot signed off on that. Ex 2: Old Corner Book Store, after naming a few historic well-known authors, they had to add a line stating, "Of course, given the state of American education, it's possible you don't know who any of those people are." Wow, way to alienate your biggest market! It is very hard to read most of the descriptions because of the authors horrible attempt at cheeky humor and blatant disregard for other people's points of view. I can only hope these descriptions were accidentally allowed to make it on the game, without having read all of them I am unsure how many more disrespectful and offensive descriptions there are, but having just one is too many. Absolute disgrace by a company that otherwise does a great job.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:16 AM
I am not sure who is in charge of writing the descriptions of the locations in the database, but I find some of them highly offensive. Also, giving a description in first person with your biased, idiotic opinion is not needed. How about just describing the location with cold hard facts. An example of my displeasure: In the description of Christ Church, it states, "...better known by its official name, Christ Church, named after Jesus Christ, a former celebrity carpenter." Really? Using a religious figure as a punch line? Not sure what idiot signed off on that. Ex 2: Old Corner Book Store, after naming a few historic well-known authors, they had to add a line stating, "Of course, given the state of American education, it's possible you don't know who any of those people are." Wow, way to alienate your biggest market! It is very hard to read most of the descriptions because of the authors horrible attempt at cheeky humor and blatant disregard for other people's points of view. I can only hope these descriptions were accidentally allowed to make it on the game, without having read all of them I am unsure how many more disrespectful and offensive descriptions there are, but having just one is too many. Absolute disgrace by a company that otherwise does a great job.
I wont talk about the cheeky joke about Jesus. I don't want people making fun of my religious figures, I wouldn't want them to make of fun of others`....(Even though the joke about Jesus wasn't THAT bad....can`t be worse than calling him a normal man having a POE for his miracles)

What I WILL talk about is making fun of the American education system....so what, mate ?? You mad ?? Isn't that freedom of speech ?? Hmm ?? It`s not offensive, bro.....You`re just too wussy

Wait till you read about the sons of liberty and good ol` Georgie Washington.... xD

You`re gonna rage about that too ?? If you intend to, be prepared of people making fun of YOU

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:21 AM
That's one dumb asses opinion...although I agree with it, it shouldn't be in a video game. It has nothing to do with the game so why is it in there. Just some pompous ****** bag spouting off. It takes away from the integrity of the game. If the guy wants to write it on a forum board that's different. Just my opinion.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Just my opinion.
That`s one dumb-asses ( LOL) opinion...

Just because your HOLIER THAN THOUGH, doesn't mean the game has to kiss your ***.......

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:26 AM
I didn't write it in a VIDEO GAME, do you get it? I said there's a place for it like a forum, and that's where I am writing my opinion!

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:27 AM
I am writing my opinion!
Which is a dumb asses (LOL) Opinion...

SixKeys
02-03-2013, 03:28 AM
That's one dumb asses opinion...although I agree with it, it shouldn't be in a video game. It has nothing to do with the game so why is it in there. Just some pompous ****** bag spouting off. It takes away from the integrity of the game. If the guy wants to write it on a forum board that's different. Just my opinion.

The Animus database entries are written by Shaun, a character who is supposed to be a pompous douch.ebag. He and Desmond have several spirited debates regarding British vs. American culture in the course of the game. I'm sorry you don't know how to tell reality from fiction.

Besides, Jesus was a former celebrity carpenter. I can see no inaccuracies in that assessment.

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:29 AM
Clearly the education system isn't much better in Egypt if you can't read what I wrote...The guy is a dumb *** for putting his stupid attempt at humor in a video game where it does not belong. Say what you want about my opinion, at lease it won't get me killed in America!

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Clearly the education system isn't much better in Egypt if you can't read what I wrote...The guy is a dumb *** for putting his stupid attempt at humor in a video game where it does not belong. Say what you want about my opinion, at lease it won't get me killed in America!
My Education is American xD

Makes sense, right ??:rolleyes:

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:33 AM
No matter who it is supposed to be written by, fictitious or not, the developer signs off on it. Saying that Jesus was just some celebrity carpenter is insulting. To more than half the World, he is actually the Son of God and their Savior. Like I said, it has no place in video games.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:34 AM
he is actually the Son of God and their Savior.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOO

The whole world is christian ? xD

You`re officially an Idiot..Some people don't believe in god, let alone him having a son xD

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:34 AM
And yes, now it makes sense...not sure if my American education is showing also. I try to hide it as much as possible.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:35 AM
I try to hide it as much as possible.
doesn't seem like you`re doing a good job with that:rolleyes:

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:35 AM
I said, "to more than half the World..." Your education is showing again...

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:36 AM
I said, "to more than half the World..." Your education is showing again...
Yes, my American Education....of course....It taught me to call you an Idiot too....

joberg10
02-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Of course, because when you disagree with someone's opinion, in America we are told to automatically label someone an idiot...

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Of course, because when you disagree with someone's opinion, in America we are told to automatically label someone an idiot...
Right from the horse`s mouth....

As if your posts weren't enough evidence xD

mwkcope
02-03-2013, 03:46 AM
Dude.

Chill. The ****. Out.

They're written by a British smart ***. Of course there's going to be statements like this. Remember, its not Ubi's opinion. It's Shaun's. And besides, its not like it hurt you or anything.

Now, again, kindly swallow a whole pack of chill pills.

dxsxhxcx
02-03-2013, 03:49 AM
this thread is funny.. :p

http://img2.timeinc.net/health/images/slides/popcorn-box-stadium-400x400.jpg

StUbbZ24
02-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Saddening as it is, most of what Shaun says is true. XD

Gi1t
02-03-2013, 04:56 AM
The Animus database entries are written by Shaun, a character who is supposed to be a pompous douch.ebag. He and Desmond have several spirited debates regarding British vs. American culture in the course of the game. I'm sorry you don't know how to tell reality from fiction.Besides, Jesus was a former celebrity carpenter. I can see no inaccuracies in that assessment.Yeah, the guy writing the cheekiy jokes into the descriptions is an in-game character. They were trying to inject his personality and attitude into the game through the things he wrote. That said, if you think his jokes and snarky comments are stupid, you're welcome to say so, and I'm sure you're not alone either. Are they out of touch with their American audience? Maybe, but then again, they might also be familier with our tendency to make fun of ourselves too.

kriegerdesgottes
02-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Sorry but I disagree. I am strongly Christian and I see no problem here. It may be a bit blasphemous for some but they have the freedom to say whatever they want and you have your freedom to not listen. It's when you start making rules as to when and where freedom of speech should be tolerated that you go down a slippery slope.

mwkcope
02-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Sorry but I disagree. I am strongly Christian and I see no problem here. It may be a bit blasphemous for some but they have the freedom to say whatever they want and you have your freedom to not listen. It's when you start making rules as to when and where freedom of speech should be tolerated that you go down a slippery slope.

http://i.qkme.me/C50.jpg

This guy sees it right.

Gi1t
02-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Clearly the education system isn't much better in Egypt if you can't read what I wrote...The guy is a dumb *** for putting his stupid attempt at humor in a video game where it does not belong. Say what you want about my opinion, at lease it won't get me killed in America!Actually, people HAVE been killed in America for their opinions because of people who feel their own personal freedoms supersede the rights of others including, their right to live. Not everyone here understands the freedoms they enjoy, unfortunately. -__-; (That's getting a bit off-topic though.)

TheBearJew32
02-03-2013, 06:01 AM
"Remember, its not Ubi's opinion. It's Shaun's"
ah, so it's not tolkien's story, it's frodo's...
^ is that sloth up there? HAYYY YOUU GUYYZZZZZ haha

Gi1t
02-03-2013, 06:31 AM
"Remember, its not Ubi's opinion. It's Shaun's" ah, so it's not tolkien's story, it's frodo's...Yeah, that's pretty much the idea. By the same token, a writer's villain need not reflect the views of the writer. There's a grey area, sure, but it usually has ot do with that's in between the lines, not necessarily what's in them.

Paribissee
02-03-2013, 06:37 AM

I really feel sorry for you for having that kind of mindset. Narrow minded people like you are absolute disgrace imo not UBI..

Celebrity carpenter is on point imo or are you so delusional that you think some guy walked on water,woke up after being dead 3 days and made water magically turn into wine lol:D

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 06:42 AM
I really feel sorry for you for having that kind of mindset. Narrow minded people like you are absolute disgrace imo not UBI..

Celebrity carpenter is on point imo or are you so delusional that you think some guy walked on water,woke up after being dead 3 days and made water magically turn into wine lol:D
now now, lets not attack other people`s beliefs...

Paribissee
02-03-2013, 06:42 AM
To more than half the World, he is actually the Son of God and their Savior.

Really?

kriegerdesgottes
02-03-2013, 06:47 AM

^ this. I believe every one of those things. No reason to attack others for what they believe.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 06:51 AM
^ this. I believe every one of those things. No reason to attack others for what they believe.
You do not know how grateful I am to you for not starting a fight:D

Thank You, good sir

Paribissee
02-03-2013, 06:51 AM

Just my opinion on ts opinion about someone elses opinion. Isnt the TS in the first place attacking someones beliefs by starting this thread cause isnt not believing also believing in something??:eek:

kriegerdesgottes
02-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Just my opinion on ts opinion about someone elses opinion. Isnt the TS in the first place attacking someones beliefs by starting this thread cause isnt not believing also believing in something??:eek:

Sure which you are free to do. But you don't need to be insulting.

Assassin_M
02-03-2013, 07:01 AM
But it doesnt have to be insulting, You know ?

Implying he has a mental illness is not a form of input on someone`s opinion xD

Paribissee
02-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Sure which you are free to do. But you don't need to be insulting.

Im sorry if someone got offended by that.

Black_Widow9
02-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm going to lock this now before anyone else gets insulted or offended.

Please understand that the Animus entries are written from the point of view of the character Shaun. There is also this at the beginning of every Assassin's Creed game:

“Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs.”