PDA

View Full Version : Variation in enemies

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 01:19 PM
This has always been one of the bad things in ac for me.I have the feeling i'am always fighting the same enemies.While ac1 only had enemies with swords and bows there was more variation because of skills and skinns. Before ac3 the devs were saying all the time you have to use differint tactics for other enmies. But there are only 3 different tactics press o then square, press o then x and keep attacking and press o and triangle. I know you can't kills some enemies by only pressing square and so on but it still feels too predictable.Anyone else slightly irritatet by this?

roostersrule2
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
AC3's the only game I felt that the enemies varied but like you said 3 variations is not enough.

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
And also more skins, if every "type" of enemy has 4 different skins it would be harder to reconize wich type he is.

AjinkyaParuleka
02-02-2013, 01:50 PM
AC3's the only game I felt that the enemies varied but like you said 3 variations is not enough.
^^

Sushiglutton
02-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Overall the combat in AC3 feels unispired and sort of factory made. After AC3 I moved on to Darksiders 2 and that game's combat was clearly crafted with love and passion for the medium. It was such a huge difference in attitude that I felt it with every button press (well maybe exaggerating a little lol). The thing that is ambitious in AC3s combat is the animations, but as far as building a great system I wonder if they have the skill/talent/interest to do so. They have this semi-lazy attitude towards all their gameplay system, that mediocre is good enough, I just don't get it :confused:. I guess their main passion is cinematography/storytelling, which is cool, but the overall gaming experience suffers too much imo.

Sorry for little rant :). Yeah more variety in enemies would be great especially if it was accompanied with a deeper overall combat system. Like you hinted, with the current system more variety would be kind of wasted, since a strategy consists of choosing one button. I would love to fight some templar agents one on one in a none "stand close to a barrel, press a button"-kind of way.

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Overall the combat in AC3 feels unispired and sort of factory made. After AC3 I moved on to Darksiders 2 and that game's combat was clearly crafted with love and passion for the medium. It was such a huge difference in attitude that I felt it with every button press (well maybe exaggerating a little lol). The thing that is ambitious in AC3s combat is the animations, but as far as building a great system I wonder if they have the skill/talent/interest to do so. They have this semi-lazy attitude towards all their gameplay system, that mediocre is good enough, I just don't get it :confused:. I guess their main passion is cinematography/storytelling, which is cool, but the overall gaming experience suffers too much imo.

Sorry for little rant :). Yeah more variety in enemies would be great especially if it was accompanied with a deeper overall combat system. Like you hinted, with the current system more variety would be kind of wasted, since a strategy consists of choosing one button. I would love to fight some templar agents one on one in a none "stand close to a barrel, press a button"-kind of way.
A darksiders fan! i love darksiders! and almost all other hack and slash games because of the superior combat system.In these games you have the feeling you're fighting against real enemies who try to kill you and aren't just an obstackle, unlike ac.

Sushiglutton
02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
A darksiders fan! i love darksiders! and almost all other hack and slash games because of the superior combat system.In these games you have the feeling you're fighting against real enemies who try to kill you and aren't just an obstackle, unlike ac.

I'm a new Darksider fan. I have been sceptical, because they looked kind of silly to me in trailers. Anyway this holiday I bought 1+2 on Steam for like $15 and played through 2 and was blown away! Really, really fun game and the artstyle grew on me as well. So I decided to play 1 as well and so far (I'm at the spider dungeon) it's even better. Really grotesque in a wonderful way :D! And yeah combat is great fun and obv way beyond AC, but so is most melee games I've played tbh.

lothario-da-be
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm a new Darksider fan. I have been sceptical, because they looked kind of silly to me in trailers. Anyway this holiday I bought 1+2 on Steam for like $15 and played through 2 and was blown away! Really, really fun game and the artstyle grew on me as well. So I decided to play 1 as well and so far (I'm at the spider dungeon) it's even better. Really grotesque in a wonderful way :D! And yeah combat is great fun and obv way beyond AC, but so is most melee games I've played tbh.
True, and thats is why its such a bad thing in ac, it excelss in some aspects and others are too simple or underdevolopped.