PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the CONTROLS for AC3 PC

myfistsbleed
01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, I am a newcomer to the Assassin's Creed series. I got to play a little of the first two, but not enough to really learn anything. So here I am now with the AS 3 for my PC and I'm really excited to play it, but I have a few issues.

1. Where in the blue **** is the list of controls??? I think the NES and Atari were the only two systems that didn't need to tell you what the controls were. Apparently I'm just supposed to learn the controls on my own? Okay, that's fine I can do that if I'm forced too. (which I shouldn't have to do)
2. I know they don't tell you the controls, but I'll be ****ed if you won't even let me customize my controls!!! WHY! You even have the option to customize controls, but I can't click on it as if it's ineligible until I unlock it or something.
3. I had to restart the game the other day because I had no clue WTF was going on. What is with the standing in the white blob of nothingness. Am I supposed to see something? Are my graphics messed up!? Anyway, I don't understand anything as far as the story goes. I'm trying to absorb as much information as possible because I am hoping to use it later to try to decipher this storyline.
I really, truly, sincerely hope that I am not just a huge fail and missed something or my game bugged and the controls can't be changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

TLDR AS3 is my first game in the series and I'm confused. What are the controls and why can't I change them? And wtf is going on in the beginning of the game?

GalakFyarr
02-01-2013, 12:44 AM
All controls are gradually explained to you in-game, starting with how to freerun when Desmond is thrown in the Animus after they just arrived at the cave.
Also, press escape, and look a bit through the options menu. Seriously, did you even bother looking at all?

SixKeys
02-01-2013, 12:47 AM
TLDR AS3 is my first game in the series and I'm confused. What are the controls and why can't I change them? And wtf is going on in the beginning of the game?

You can change the controls in the main menu under Options. BTW, getting AC3 as your first game in the series wasn't a very good idea. The story is pretty complicated, so it's no wonder you're already lost.