PDA

View Full Version : Why does POP insist on ending unexpectedly!?

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
I buy a game for over $50 and I get something that runs perfectly fine for five minutes before quitting for no aparent reason..... Someone -please- do tell me what I'm doing wrong...

My system, which works fine with any game except this, including hyper-demanding games like Halo:
Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4ghz CPU, GF3 Ti200 Gold with 128MB DDR, 512 MB SDRam system memory and a load of other random stuff, including DX9... I run the game at 1024x768x32 with Bilinear filtering, high details all around, never had even a slight scent of sluggish performance... It. Just. Quits.

Now, if anyone can tell me a good reason for the game to run for five minutes without problems, then -suddenly- get a problem with my system, I'd love to hear it... Wouldn't want to have a game that expensive if I can't even run it... That'd be like buying just the gamepad for $50...

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
I buy a game for over $50 and I get something that runs perfectly fine for five minutes before quitting for no aparent reason..... Someone -please- do tell me what I'm doing wrong...

My system, which works fine with any game except this, including hyper-demanding games like Halo:
Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4ghz CPU, GF3 Ti200 Gold with 128MB DDR, 512 MB SDRam system memory and a load of other random stuff, including DX9... I run the game at 1024x768x32 with Bilinear filtering, high details all around, never had even a slight scent of sluggish performance... It. Just. Quits.

Now, if anyone can tell me a good reason for the game to run for five minutes without problems, then -suddenly- get a problem with my system, I'd love to hear it... Wouldn't want to have a game that expensive if I can't even run it... That'd be like buying just the gamepad for $50...

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Nevermind, I fixed it, was a broken driver...

XyZspineZyX
12-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Fair enough. I had a hilarious problem about a third way through the game... I was fighting a bunch of enemies, then the camera would go nuts! You know the noise when it cancels your camera navigation (you can't move the camera there)? Well it did that about 40 times in QUICK succession, moving the camera from angle to angle very quickly and crashed. Never happened again but!

--------------------
XP2100+/RadeonSE9200. Does the job!
--------------------
Looking for a copy of POP 3d in Australia. PM me!
--------------------