PDA

View Full Version : WiiU and Assassin's Network?

RagingAvatar
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Are there any plans to get the WiiU version working with the Assassin's Network website? https://assassinsnetwork.ubi.com
It seems that the WiiU, while having awesome off-TV play, is left a bit by the way-side in contrast to the X360 and PS3 versions.
It doesn't bring confidence for my future purchases I have to say! (This was my first Assassin's Creed purchase too.)

Mr_Shade
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Are there any plans to get the WiiU version working with the Assassin's Network website? https://assassinsnetwork.ubi.com
It seems that the WiiU, while having awesome off-TV play, is left a bit by the way-side in contrast to the X360 and PS3 versions.
It doesn't bring confidence for my future purchases I have to say! (This was my first Assassin's Creed purchase too.)
Hi there,

i will check for you.

can I just ask why you feel that the Wii u is "left by the way side" ?

RagingAvatar
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi there,

i will check for you.

can I just ask why you feel that the Wii u is "left by the way side" ?

Hi, thanks for the prompt response!
I think it's because of late patches, no season pass for DLC on eShop marketplace, late DLC, no Assassin's Network support etc.
The WiiU version shipped later than the other versions, obviously, that's fair enough - but the communication as to how it'll get up to speed with the other versions - a roadmap would be nice - hasn't been stellar.

Mr_Shade
01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi just checked and the Wii u version IS on the Assassins network - multiplayer is up as is single - new features etc maybe rolled out over time, however the Wii u version is supported ;)

make sure your console is linked to Uplay and it should appear.

re the late DLC, I'm sorry but sometimes DLC does release on different formats at different times, like the PC.

Patches, have to be written and released on each format, so they can take some time.

RagingAvatar
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
just checked and the Wii u version IS on the Assassins network..

Great! That isn't the answer I expected!
How do I do that? Do I need a UPlay app for WiiU? (Is that out in Japan?)

Dosenwabe
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Great! That isn't the answer I expected! How do I do that? Do I need a UPlay app for WiiU? (Is that out in Japan?) You can enter Uplay from the Main Menu of AC3 or the multiplayer menu. (At least in the PS3 version) Then login there with your account data from this forum. Or so I think ,just try it.

RagingAvatar
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - but that isn't how it works on WiiU.

Mr_Shade - is the WiiU uPlay app available in Japan?

Mr_Shade
01-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestion - but that isn't how it works on WiiU.

Mr_Shade - is the WiiU uPlay app available in Japan?
Hi there,

if the app is available in your region - it will be on the estore .

simply download that, sign on with you Uplay user name etc and it should then work for you.