PDA

View Full Version : Reset computer - savings lost?

MagzieDK
01-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,
i've played AC3 since christmas and my computer begins to get a little slow now, so i am gonna delete everything on it and make as when i bought it. Will this effect my savings and make all from the start again? (Playing it on uPlay is it like steam?)
- Magz :)

YazX_
01-27-2013, 03:23 PM
it might, dont trust Ubi servers. as a precaution, backup your saves, they are stored here for AC3:

x64 Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

x86 Windows:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames
And no, Uplay is not like steam, steam can be placed or moved to any folder, UPlay should be installed and bound to the folder its installed to, so formatting windows will make you also reinstall uplay again.

Ferrith
01-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Can anyone please help with this weirdness?

The saved games for AC:Revelations are located where YAZ_H points, but when I load the game there is no save, as if I have never played the game before. I don't understand what is going on.

Ferrith
01-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Or, maybe these saves are from AC II and AC III but not AC:R? How the hell is this possible? Was there any relative incident reported during the past months?

Ferrith
01-27-2013, 08:56 PM
EDIT :

Should anyone faces this problem, I'd suggest have a look here:

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16510/p/88/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1OTMxMzI1OC9zaWQvUHhFcldtaGw%3D

In order to retrieve your saved games and have them stored back on your PC allow the "Sync with Cloud" from Uplay launcher.
I'm pretty sure it was Ubisoft who created this mess after the last Uplay update. Good job, Ubi! NOT!

YazX_
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Or, maybe these saves are from AC II and AC III but not AC:R? How the hell is this possible? Was there any relative incident reported during the past months? Well no, the game used to store saves in different locations, ACB and ACR used to store them in Users and Appdata folders, then ACR got patched and it started to use the path i listed above. last time i played ACB (1.5 years ago), it is still using the old path which is:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

ACR used to store saved games before first patch:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage

For AC2 , i dont actually remember, but it would in one of the folders i listed above.

And for cloud sync, i dont really trust it to be on all the time, once it overwritten my ACR saves with old ones, so i have it turned off in uplay settings, but every once in a while, i turn it on to upload my latest saves to Ubi servers as a backup then turn it off immediately after its done uploading, so i dont recommend leaving it on all the time.

Ferrith
01-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I don't trust Cloud either, and in Uplay I have it disabled like you. But in my try to restore AC:R saves I enabled it temporarily.

You are correct about the different locations of saves being stored, I did find them after a while.

The thing is that once I opened AC:R multi-player everything was reset and messed up. It showed the pirate girl as my favourite persona, which is total rubbish since I hadn't bought any DLC at all - when available I always used the Courtesan.

The game restored was one I had completed; yet, the Renegade wasn't available and I had to replay the relative sequence from DNA in order to unlock it; and while a year ago I didn't have any problem unlocking and playing as the Courtesan, now she is unavailable.

As a proof there is also a video by another player which Luckyto had watched and sent me the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbZ6f183A8

Ubisoft fail, in short.

YazX_
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't trust Cloud either, and in Uplay I have it disabled like you. But in my try to restore AC:R saves I enabled it temporarily. You are correct about the different locations of saves being stored, I did find them after a while. The thing is that once I opened AC:R multi-player everything was reset and messed up. It showed the pirate girl as my favourite persona, which is total rubbish since I hadn't bought any DLC at all - when available I always used the Courtesan.The game restored was one I had completed; yet, the Renegade wasn't available and I had to replay the relative sequence from DNA in order to unlock it; and while a year ago I didn't have any problem unlocking and playing as the Courtesan, now she is unavailable.As a proof there is also a video by another player which Luckyto had watched and sent me the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbZ6f183A8 Ubisoft fail, in short.In ACR , if "1.Save" or "1.save.metadata" files were missing or replaced, it will reset your MP profile like it happened with you. your only option -if you dont have your saves backed up- is to go to complete sequence 10 in SP to unlock the renegade and recreate your profile and ability sets. getting other player saves will not work.

Ferrith
01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
The weird thing is that I had the saves from AC:R, but the game didn't seem to recognise them.( I'm talking about my own game. I never use other players' files.)

As I said above, I did replay the relative sequence to unlock the Renegade. But the situation as a whole is just a freaking mess.