PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Désilets May be Working For Ubisoft again [Video Discussion]

MercilessWiz
01-26-2013, 04:39 AM
These are just some thoughts that I have on the idea of Patrice Désilets possibly working for Ubisoft again after they purchased THQ Montreal

Video link: http://youtu.be/USC5DHP3oI4

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 04:49 AM
Disagreed on everything you said.

ACR is "definitely" not the worst AC game, in my opinion. You shouldn't speak of it as fact. I think It`s AC II.....ACB is the second worst. I hope Patrice never works on AC again :) I think he effed up his awesome formula from AC I in AC II....and he might leave. He didn't depart Ubisoft to return to it...something must`v made him leave and that thing will probably make him leave again..He left on his own terms. he was not fired and it`s too late for him to work on the next AC game....

Patrice was working on a Project code-named 1666 and you make a good point on THQ Montreal not publishing or releasing any games yet

And btw....it`s yoobisoft......not Obisoft......just sayin

Also, Advertising is not allowed.....again just sayin

catkiller97
01-26-2013, 05:02 AM
Its Confirmed he is back - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388339/ubisoft-looking-forward-to-working-with-patrice-dsilets/

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Its Confirmed he is back - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388339/ubisoft-looking-forward-to-working-with-patrice-dsilets/

Mallat declined to confirm whether or not Désilets will accept a return to his former employer and remain with the Montreal studio.:p

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Disagreed on everything you said.

ACR is "definitely" not the worst AC game, in my opinion. You shouldn't speak of it as fact. I think It`s AC II.....ACB is the second worst. I hope Patrice never works on AC again :) I think he effed up his awesome formula from AC I in AC II....and he might leave. He didn't depart Ubisoft to return to it...something must`v made him leave and that thing will probably make him leave again..He left on his own terms. he was not fired and it`s too late for him to work on the next AC game....

Patrice was working on a Project code-named 1666 and you make a good point on THQ Montreal not publishing or releasing any games yet

And btw....it`s yoobisoft......not Obisoft......just sayin

Also, Advertising is not allowed.....again just sayinM even you with your stubborn opinions should be able to realise that the step from AC-AC2 (even if you didn't like it) was the right one for most things, the only one that you can really fault is the Templars motives not being explained the way they were after you killed them in AC1.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 05:32 AM
M even you with your stubborn opinions should be able to realise that the step from AC-AC2 (even if you didn't like it) was the right one for most things, the only one that you can really fault is the Templars motives not being explained the way they were after you killed them in AC1.
How can I not like it and call it the right step ?? I obviously hate it because I think it was an insultingly wrong step. I thought it had a much more simper story, extremely weak cast of characters, hollow systems, and decreased freedom...on top of that, they removed the Investigations...how can I call that a step in the right direction ? the only things decent it had going were great mission design and pretty Time period.

I think AC II is extremely over rated......It`s going to be just like Corey May

Everyone whined about how ever since he left, the story was bad awwwww story is bad and he came back.........AWWWW STORY SUCKS.

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 05:45 AM
How can I not like it and call it the right step ?? I obviously hate it because I think it was an insultingly wrong step. I thought it had a much more simper story, extremely weak cast of characters, hollow systems, and decreased freedom...on top of that, they removed the Investigations...how can I call that a step in the right direction ? the only things decent it had going were great mission design and pretty Time period.

I think AC II is extremely over rated......It`s going to be just like Corey May

Everyone whined about how ever since he left, the story was bad awwwww story is bad and he came back.........AWWWW STORY SUCKS.Better Weapons, Money, Non-Repetitive Gameplay, AC1 had Altair, Malik and Al Mualim the cast doesn't get much weaker then that, Investigations were lacking, Story was simpler yes but a lot better. The simple fact is you may not like AC2 but the majority of AC fans agree that AC2 is the best, which will give Ubisoft enough incentive to let this guy keep making AC if he chooses to do so.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Better Weapons, Money, Non-Repetitive Gameplay, AC1 had Altair, Malik and Al Mualim the cast doesn't get much weaker then that, Investigations were lacking, Story was simpler yes but a lot better. The simple fact is you may not like AC2 but the majority of AC fans agree that AC2 is the best, which will give Ubisoft enough incentive to let this guy keep making AC if he chooses to do so.
You mean more weapons, Money (With an economic system that was flawed and stagnant), Oh it had repetitive gameplay. AC 1 had Altair, Malik, Almualim, and ALL the targets who were more interesting than ALL the Characters in AC II combined to me. No, the Investigations were awesome. Tactics, actual planning and scouting, more than one way to assassinate, enter and escape. (AC II was "Save men, kill traitors, scatter men around Palazzo/Arsenale rinse and repeat)

I dont care about anyone else, hell I can be the only one that hates AC II, i`m voicing my opinion. AC II is over rated...and I hope they never go back to it..If they`re going back to something, It should be AC I.... and How is a simpler story better ?? To you perhaps, but not for me I`m afraid....I like Complex stories. (I`m weird that way yes)

Patrice is not coming to AC any time soon. If he is, it`ll be no earlier than 2016....

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 06:03 AM
You mean more weapons, Money (With an economic system that was flawed and stagnant), Oh it had repetitive gameplay. AC 1 had Altair, Malik, Almualim, and ALL the targets who were more interesting than ALL the Characters in AC II combined to me. No, the Investigations were awesome. Tactics, actual planning and scouting, more than one way to assassinate, enter and escape. (AC II was "Save men, kill traitors, scatter men around Palazzo/Arsenale rinse and repeat)

I dont care about anyone else, hell I can be the only one that hates AC II, i`m voicing my opinion. AC II is over rated...and I hope they never go back to it..If they`re going back to something, It should be AC I.... and How is a simpler story better ?? To you perhaps, but not for me I`m afraid....I like Complex stories. (I`m weird that way yes)

Patrice is not coming to AC any time soon. If he is, it`ll be no earlier than 2016....Better and More weapons, A flawed money system is better then no money system, AC2 had Leo, Leo beats everyone in AC1 bar Altair, Investigations were good the first time but after what 9 or 10 times you get sick of them and there were many different ways to do AC2's missions the only time there wasn't was when there was a Do Not be Detected warning, but people seem to forget you could not be detected in AC1's investigations either. Also you misunderstood I do prefer complex stories but AC2's story whether complex or not beats AC1's.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Better and More weapons, A flawed money system is better then no money system, AC2 had Leo, Leo beats everyone in AC1 bar Altair, Investigations were good the first time but after what 9 or 10 times you get sick of them and there were many different ways to do AC2's missions the only time there wasn't was when there was a Do Not be Detected warning, but people seem to forget you could not be detected in AC1's investigations either. Also you misunderstood I do prefer complex stories but AC2's story whether complex or not beats AC1's.
I`m pretty sure everything you said is not fact...

and i`m quite sure I made it clear in my comments that what I say represents my opinion...and it wont change.

More does not mean better weapons to me. No Money is better than a flawed Money system to me. Leonardo does not beat anyone in AC I to me. Investigations were always good to me. no, AC II only had one way to do a mission. one entrance and one exit. NEVER was there in AC I a "do not be detected" constraint. I do not know where you got that from to be quite frank and finally...AC I`s story kicks AC II out of the water to me...

AC I

*500 meters of dirt*

AC II

To me

And you do realize that both games were made by Patrice..

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 06:16 AM
I`m pretty sure everything you said is not fact...

and i`m quite sure I made it clear in my comments that what I say represents my opinion...and it wont change.

More does not mean better weapons to me. No Money is better than a flawed Money system to me. Leonardo does not beat anyone in AC I to me. Investigations were always good to me. no, AC II only had one way to do a mission. one entrance and one exit. NEVER was there in AC I a "do not be detected" constraint. I do not know where you got that from to be quite frank and finally...AC I`s story kicks AC II out of the water to me...Ok they're your opinions but In AC2 there were missions with more then 1 exit and entry like the one where you assassinate Uberto Alberti you could go on the rooftops or go on the ground using courtesans. Just one of many missions like this, Also in AC1 you could only kill the slave trader guy one way same with Sibrand, Al Mualim and the fat Damascus guy. Also if you were detected during a pickpocket or Informer Mission you would have to restart it and again your opinion.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Ok they're your opinions but In AC2 there were missions with more then 1 exit and entry like the one where you assassinate Uberto Alberti you could go on the rooftops or go on the ground using courtesans. Just one of many missions like this, Also in AC1 you could only kill the slave trader guy one way same with Sibrand, Al Mualim and the fat Damascus guy. Also if you were detected during a pickpocket or Informer Mission you would have to restart it and again your opinion.
Aboulnoquod:
3 entrances. (top scaling, front door scaffolding, side door)
3 ways of entry (Scaffolding, Scholars, scaling Palace)
3 ways to Assassinate (Use statue, eliminate archers first or Chase)

I`ll give you Sibrand. But Almualim had more than one way to kill. You can cut the fight short with a hidden blade counter or drag it on with ever other weapon..

I enjoyed those more than I did Uberto.....who does not even move AT ALL....just standing there

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Aboulnoquod:
3 entrances. (top scaling, front door scaffolding, side door)
3 ways of entry (Scaffolding, Scholars, scaling Palace)
3 ways to Assassinate (Use statue, eliminate archers first or Chase)

I`ll give you Sibrand. But Almualim had more than one way to kill. You can cut the fight short with a hidden blade counter or drag it on with ever other weapon..

I enjoyed those more than I did Uberto.....who does not even move AT ALL....just standing thereOk Aboulnoquod had more then one, in regards to Al Mualim you can do that in any fight. Uberto didn't know he was about get killed he had no reason to move he was talking at the time

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Ok Aboulnoquod had more then one, in regards to Al Mualim you can do that in any fight. Uberto didn't know he was about get killed he had no reason to move he was talking at the time
Tell me which Fight had a story Significance if prolonged AND can be cut short (Story significance referring to Almulaim`s words and use of the Apple of Eden if you choose to prolong the fight):rolleyes:

Oh and Tamir knew he was about to be killed ?:p

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Tell me which Fight had a story Significance if prolonged AND can be cut short (Story significance referring to Almulaim`s words and use of the Apple of Eden if you choose to prolong the fight):rolleyes:

Oh and Tamir knew he was about to be killed ?:pRodrigo Borgia's. Ok, he walked we don't want all the missions the same, AC1's already given us enough of that.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Rodrigo Borgia's. Ok, he walked we don't want all the missions the same, AC1's already given us enough of that.
Which fight with Rodrigo did he, if prolonged, have a different effect and used a Piece of Eden ??

Every Mission in AC I was different...

Tamir inspects Merchants
Talal was chased down
Garnier inspected Patients
Aboulnoquod was standing on a Balcony
Sibrand shot arrows from his boat
Jubair had look alikes
Robert`s Impersonator had a fight.
Robert had a fight.

Can`t see where all the missions are the same...

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Which fight with Rodrigo did he, if prolonged, have a different effect and used a Piece of Eden ??

Every Mission in AC I was different...

Tamir inspects Merchants
Talal was chased down
Garnier inspected Patients
Aboulnoquod was standing on a Balcony
Sibrand shot arrows from his boat
Jubair had look alikes
Robert`s Impersonator had a fight.
Robert had a fight.

Can`t see where all the missions are the same...Half of those were chases, Half of them were Fights and you could choose to do it stealthy sometimes. Just outside the Vault you could learn why Rodrigo became Pope and various things if you prolonged the fight.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Half of those were chases, Half of them were Fights and you could choose to do it stealthy sometimes. Just outside the Vault you could learn why Rodrigo became Pope and various things if you prolonged the fight.
Most of them had OPTIONAL chases, OPTIONAL Stealth kill and OPTIONAL fight

only mandatory approaches were, Talal (Chase) Robert (Fight) and Almualim (Fight)

in AC II you never did a chase except if you HAD to, you could never stealth kill except if you HAD to, you could never end it with a fight except if you HAD to..

Show me a mission in AC II where you can eliminate a target in a chase, fight or using stealth.....Just one target

And regarding Rodrigo, I said different effects and using a new weapon, not some Dialogue

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Most of them had OPTIONAL chases, OPTIONAL Stealth kill and OPTIONAL fight

only mandatory approaches were, Talal (Chase) Robert (Fight) and Almualim (Fight)

in AC II you never did a chase except if you HAD to, you could never stealth kill except if you HAD to, you could never end it with a fight except if you HAD to..

Show me a mission in AC II where you can eliminate a target in a chase, fight or using stealth.....Just one target

And regarding Rodrigo, I said different effects and using a new weapon, not some DialogueMaybe not all 3 options but there are definite missions that gave you at least 2 and a lot of AC1 missions gave you only two options as well. You also said that if you prolonged the Al Mualim fight there was some DIALOGUE that gave you more story, as did Rodrigo's.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 07:15 AM
Maybe not all 3 options but there are definite missions that gave you at least 2 and a lot of AC1 missions gave you only two options as well. You also said that if you prolonged the Al Mualim fight there was some DIALOGUE that gave you more story, as did Rodrigo's.
I said Almulaim`s words AND use of Piece of Eden...:rolleyes:

Not a lot. Just a few missions were limited in AC I (Talal, Robert and Almualim). All of the rest had more than 2 ways to finish....

AC II...not so much....not even ONE where you had options of stealth, chase or fight...

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 07:19 AM
I said Almulaim`s words AND use of Piece of Eden...:rolleyes:

Not a lot. Just a few missions were limited in AC I (Talal, Robert and Almualim). All of the rest had more than 2 ways to finish....

AC II...not so much....not even ONE where you had options of stealth, chase or fight...Do these minor differences really change if you hate or love a game though?

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Do these minor differences really change if you hate or love a game though?
Of course it does....

I love AC III for just bringing back Eavesdropping and AC I pick pocketing....also for Lock picking...

All little reasons to love or hate a game....

And I actually have many reasons to dislike AC II, our discussion just condensed it and narrowed it down to just freedom and variety xD

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Of course it does....

I love AC III for just bringing back Eavesdropping and AC I pick pocketing....also for Lock picking...

All little reasons to love or hate a game....

And I actually have many reasons to dislike AC II, our discussion just condensed it and narrowed it down to just freedom and variety xDVariety is the main thing they added in AC2 and I hated the eavesdropping in AC3, preferred AC1's system much better and all you had to do was sit on a bench and press Y or triangle (I think).

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Variety is the main thing they added in AC2 and I hated the eavesdropping in AC3, preferred AC1's system much better and all you had to do was sit on a bench and press Y or triangle (I think).
That`s why I loved AC III`s more...It has AC I eavesdropping (Blend and listen) and it has follow AND listen....It was more challenging than AC I and that`s why I loved it..

Yeah....AC II had you collect Ribbons

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 07:43 AM
That`s why I loved AC III`s more...It has AC I eavesdropping (Blend and listen) and it has follow AND listen....It was more challenging than AC I and that`s why I loved it..

Yeah....AC II had you collect RibbonsAC1 had you collect flags and kill some Templars surely even you can agree that their is 10x as many side missions in AC2 then 1 and that they had much more VARIETY.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 07:46 AM
AC1 had you collect flags and kill some Templars surely even you can agree that their is 10x as many side missions in AC2 then 1.
AC I did not have you collect flags during MAIN missions:rolleyes:

Of course.....I admit AC II had more side missions, If I denied that I`d be stupid......Delivering letters, beating husbands up......VERY Assassin like:rolleyes: Assassination Contracts were the best thing ever

At least AC I had you kill Templars as a side mission

roostersrule2
01-26-2013, 07:48 AM
AC I did not have you collect flags during MAIN missions:rolleyes:

Of course.....I admit AC II had more side missions, If I denied that I`d be stupid......Delivering letters, beating husbands up......VERY Assassin like:rolleyes: Assassination Contracts were the best thing ever

At least AC I had you kill Templars as a side missionFor all we knew the targets in the Assassination Contracts were Templar's.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 07:51 AM
For all we knew the targets in the Assassination Contracts were Templar's.
Maybe...Maybe not...

All we know is that they were enemies of Lorenzo

DavisP92
01-26-2013, 04:38 PM

I dont care about anyone else, hell I can be the only one that hates AC II, i`m voicing my opinion. AC II is over rated...and I hope they never go back to it..If they`re going back to something, It should be AC I.... and How is a simpler story better ?? To you perhaps, but not for me I`m afraid.2. ...I like Complex stories. (I`m weird that way yes)

Patrice is not coming to AC any time soon. If he is, it`ll be no earlier than 2016....

Wow, when did you become a "AC1 is the best one fan" :D? Nice to see that someone actually doesn't think ACII was perfect because it wasn't. In fact what made AC1 so amazing was removed in ACII.

Although Patrice was the one that pretty much created ACI, and If you look at the way things played out. AC1 was created (Patrice is happy), AC2 created and right after that ACB is being created and we hear Patrice wants to go. It looks more like they changed his creation against his will. Also I remember reading a while back Patrice even said that AC1 was the Pure AC game not any of the ones after.

So to make the best next AC, Ubisoft should bring back the two original staff members, Jade and Patrice.

Sushiglutton
01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Haven't watched the video (why not just write ur opinion:confused:), but it's kind of hard to speculate. Let's face it, we don't really know what ideas that came from Patrice, or what direction he wanted for the franchise. At least I don't. The only thing I know about his philosophy is the following quote:

“I like the first Assassin’s Creed because it’s the purest one. There’s a bunch of stories that you can have, but it’s all in your head. You have to create your own adventures.“Whereas in Assassin’s Creed II, we created the adventures for you and you’re following them. For me, the first one is an amazing toy. The second one is the real game with rules and missions and it’s really precise. But personally I like the poetry of the first one. It’s pure. With Assassin’s Creed, our problem was we never actually asked anyone to do it. Most of the players just pass by those setups, but in Assassin’s Creed II, we had a mission for all of them. http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/assassins-creed-creator-first-game-was-better-more-pure-than-sequels/

It seems like he wanted a more sandboxy and less restricted game, which is precisely what I want too. So my guess is the games would have been better if he was given more creative freedom. But it's pretty much just speculation.

Finally I doubt very much he will start working on AC again. Hopefully Ubi allows him to finish his new project, "1666", instead.

MasterSimaYi
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
As much as I'd love to see him back, I doubt it will happen. He did not depart on friendly terms, and in this article (http://thekoalition.com/2013/01/back-at-ubisoft-the-story-of-patrice-desilets/), his thoughts on leaving the franchise were addressed: "After seven years of Assassin’s Creed, even though it was my baby, I felt like I was losing it. I was tired of being told what to do, how to do it and in any organization." I do not think that stance has really changed since then. Really difficult position for him to be in.

And I agree on the first game granting you so much freedom, which was great. I personally care most about the story though, and even though AC2 and ACB had really black-and-white stories, they expanded the universe so much more and that is why I prefer AC2's story over AC1's story - but AC1's was admittedly more sophisticated. I also really love Haytham's and Connor's stories (I sadly cannot say the same for Desmond's), but after playing though AC3 again now I'm really not enjoying it all that much. Everything is so scripted and strict, and the game holds your hand continuously while you are playing through the uninteresting missions that it is comprised of. Freerunning in cities is a bore when no building or landscape really stands out or guards spot you right away, and freerunning in the Frontier is frustrating when you have to constantly look surfaces, trees and cliffs that you CAN freerun on. It tends to get very frustrating when your freerunning session gets interrupted when there is no building or tree close enough to jump to. Most of the time I am just running on the ground, only climbing buildings or trees when I have to. The game just does not flow right.

I think it is exactly that freedom that needs to be brought back, though balanced out with linearity and scripting. With one of the Ubisoft surveys asking fans whether they "like games such as Uncharted", I'm not really sure the linearity will tone down any time soon...

I never did really mind the investigations in AC1, though I won't deny they were not very exciting. But being forced to blend and do nothing, or follow a random nameless character, just to obtain some information that is of barely any further consequence aside from unlocking the next (part of the) mission, does not really appeal to me. At least in AC1, most of the eavesdropping gave you information on different ways of approaching the target. That is not the case for AC3. I also did not find it more challenging, just more frustrating, when the game freaks out at you whenever you only slightly leave the eavesdropping area.

But M... AC3 does not give you the OPTION to choose between blend and listen and follow and listen. :) Also *Al Mualim *Abu'l Nuqoud.

SixKeys
01-26-2013, 07:19 PM
I think it is exactly that freedom that needs to be brought back, though balanced out with linearity and scripting. With one of the Ubisoft surveys asking fans whether they "like games such as Uncharted", I'm not really sure the linearity will tone down any time soon...

I'm gonna be so pissed if the devs will actually take that survey as an indication of what fans want for the AC franchise. Yes, I like Uncharted, but for different reasons. The Uncharted games are supposed to be linear, AC is supposed to be about player freedom. Uncharted is a simple Indiana Jones-style treasure hunt story, AC is much more complex and intriguing. I enjoy Uncharted the same way I enjoy a good popcorn movie: fun for a couple of hours, but AC Is something I can really immerse myself in for days.

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
But M... AC3 does not give you the OPTION to choose between blend and listen and follow and listen. :) Also *Al Mualim *Abu'l Nuqoud.
That`s why I think AC I is better in that area. AC III just brought a taste and I hope it continues until it returns to a more varied and upgraded system of AC I`s investigations..

Also....You`re really correcting me about Arabic names ?:rolleyes:

المعلم و أبو النقود:p

MasterSimaYi
01-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Also....You`re really correcting me about Arabic names ?:rolleyes:

Nope... but I am correcting you on character names. :p

Assassin_M
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Nope... but I am correcting you on character names. :p
Lol fair enough xD

ACfan443
01-26-2013, 10:41 PM
As much as I'd love to see him back, I doubt it will happen. He did not depart on friendly terms, and in this article (http://thekoalition.com/2013/01/back-at-ubisoft-the-story-of-patrice-desilets/), his thoughts on leaving the franchise were addressed: "After seven years of Assassin’s Creed, even though it was my baby, I felt like I was losing it. I was tired of being told what to do, how to do it and in any organization." I do not think that stance has really changed since then. Really difficult position for him to be in.

He left around the middle of Brotherhood's development, which was the same time plans were being made for AC3 and sequels beyond, so it seems obvious he left because he hated the direction they were going in with the story - "it was my baby and I felt like I was losing it"
It's quite sad actually, I would love to see what the story would have been like had he stayed.

lothario-da-be
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
I thought you have to say ubisoft as youbisoft? At least everyone i know does.

SixKeys
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I thought you have to say ubisoft as youbisoft? At least everyone i know does.

I've heard both pronounciations from many different sources. I think both are acceptable.

Sushiglutton
01-27-2013, 11:39 PM
I've heard both pronounciations from many different sources. I think both are acceptable.

I actually studied French (I was pretty terrible lol). Anyway based on my limited knowledge of French I would say the name should be pronounced "ybisoft" ;) (third option).

lothario-da-be
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I actually studied French (I was pretty terrible lol). Anyway based on my limited knowledge of French I would say the name should be pronounced "ybisoft" ;) (third option).
Hmmm doesn't realy sound French.

kuled2012
01-28-2013, 08:42 PM

Why be soft?

ToughGuy31
01-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Better Weapons, Money, Non-Repetitive Gameplay, AC1 had Altair, Malik and Al Mualim the cast doesn't get much weaker then that, Investigations were lacking, Story was simpler yes but a lot better. The simple fact is you may not like AC2 but the majority of AC fans agree that AC2 is the best, which will give Ubisoft enough incentive to let this guy keep making AC if he chooses to do so.
I think ACB and 1 were the best.

BATISTABUS
01-28-2013, 10:24 PM
This thread is pretty derailed, but I'll contribute to the tangent anyway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who actually liked interrogations and eavesdropping. They really added a lot to the narrative, and I actually felt like I was obtaining information...not just being told by the game what to do. My only problem with eavesdropping in AC3 was that there was actually some challenge involved, so I wasn't always able to pay full attention to the conversations. Still, I prefer it that way.

killerman_2012
01-29-2013, 08:54 AM
I really hope Patrice comes back to Assassin's Creed. Since he left the team, the series it's not the same. The mistery and conspiracy are gone. And I felt dissapointed with AC3. The best game for me is still AC2. Alex Hutchinson you can go away now, the real creator of AC is back!

Assassin_M
01-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I really hope Patrice comes back to Assassin's Creed. Since he left the team, the series it's not the same. The mistery and conspiracy are gone. And I felt dissapointed with AC3. The best game for me is still AC2. Alex Hutchinson you can go away now, the real creator of AC is back!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that`s not going to happen anytime soon....even if Hutchinson leaves..

killerman_2012
01-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that`s not going to happen anytime soon....even if Hutchinson leaves..

I know, I know. That's not going to happen very soon. Hutchinson is already working on AC3 sequel (I read they started to develope it on this month). But sooner or later it will happen, I hope in the next-gen consoles :)

Assassin_M
01-29-2013, 09:24 AM
I know, I know. That's not going to happen very soon. Hutchinson is already working on AC3 sequel (I read they started to develope it on this month). But sooner or later it will happen, I hope in the next-gen consoles :)
The thing is, Patrice has not publicly commented on whether or not he`ll continue with Ubisoft. he left on his own, because he was not satisfied. He was not fired. The suits were telling him what to do with his Franchise and he did not like it. Why do you think he`d come back ?? Personally I hope, if he stays, he wouldn't come near AC again. AC has become the suits` golden goose. Patrice wont have freedom to make the games better. Even Hutchinson was pressured during development. He wanted to release the game later.

The best thing for him is to continue his work on 1666. it`s new and not known. Patrice will have so much more freedom with 1666 than AC. It`s better for everyone. Him and Us

TheBearJew32
01-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Eavesdropping in AC3 was pretty bad in my opinion. As someone mentioned, It made you focus more on maneuvering through the environment and streets in order to stay in that bubble, rather than actually pay attention to what the characters were saying...which defeats the purpose of actually eavesdropping.

Patrice, as i understand, will be working for ubisoft, because he left for thq but thq filed for bankruptcy and ubisoft bought them out (i think) but working on AC is another question. i'd like to see him back because i think AC has begun to lose it's lore it once had before AC3. idk if he helped create the atmosphere im talking about, so i could just be talking out of my microwave. ice cream

ReverseDoddo
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
haha yea yea ho are you man are you working for assassin's creed franchise or what ac3 sucks okey the best assassins creed is 2 and brotherhood patrice will come back he made the best assassins creed.

Aphex_Tim
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
ac3 sucks

Yeah, no.

Also, punctuation.

ze_topazio
01-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Would prefer him to work on a new Prince of Persia.

Aphex_Tim
01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Would prefer him to work on a new Prince of Persia.

Wasn't there some leaked picture a while ago of a new Prince of Persia with a big badass black prince?

ze_topazio
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
It was never confirmed to be a Prince of Persia and we haven't heard of it in ages.

Melodia1756
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
AC 1 and AC3 are the same story. Boy kills spiritual father/father. AC2 had a real story - Templars kill father. Hee Hee hee

ArabianFrost
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Wasn't there some leaked picture a while ago of a new Prince of Persia with a big badass black prince?

Wasn't PoP. It was a game called Osiris, set in Ancient Egypt and made by the same guys who were involved in AC, or at least that is what the released photos and video suggest.

pirate1802
03-15-2013, 04:33 AM
AC 1 and AC3 are the same story. Boy kills spiritual father/father. AC2 had a real story - Templars kill father. Hee Hee hee

Can't tell if sirius

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 04:39 AM
that`s the silliest thing I`v ever read...