PDA

View Full Version : throw grenade?

Butcherbird59
01-25-2013, 12:13 AM
I am still puzzled why this does not work - mouse middle click is in settings and I do have 2 grenades
Reading up the internet does not give any working clues

I must be missing something, help :)

How exactly do I throw a grenade?

rcole_sooner
01-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Do you have gernades equiped and selected?

You need to equip them, and then select them, with I think the 0 key. It alternates between molotov and gernades.

Anyways something like that.

Butcherbird59
01-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Yes, thanks, the 0 key did the trick ... how can one know about that?!

Is there a torch/spotlight available? (not the first time I miss one)
I am in the Island Port Hotel trying to rescue Liza but's too dark down there (fire) having trouble to find my way upstairs in time

thanks for hints ( I don't think I missed a light switch :rolleyes:

rcole_sooner
01-25-2013, 04:19 AM
The flashlight will "arm" automatically when you enter a cave ... deep enough.

I don't know of any other way to turn it on or off.

Yeah I had trouble with a few controls. It being since Far Cry 2 that I've played a PC shooter.

Butcherbird59
01-25-2013, 04:50 AM
I am still a fan of the original FCry - was so much easier to handle.

Fcry 3 is good - I like the story/missions and maps. However, weapon handling/rucksack/crafting/ buy/sell is a bit cumbersome and distracting from the game a fair bit. I still have no idea how to sell items or crafting potions ... time will tell. This is my first run through this game.

Thanks for the tips!

stanhines
01-25-2013, 05:59 PM
I have grenades equipped and middle mouse button enabled but all I do is jump. It seems the space bar and middle mouse controls are somehow crossed. Is there any ini. file or other method to undo this?
Any attempt to rebind to another key defaults only to middle mouse/space-bar. Is there a safe way to re-install and keep my saves and settings?

Butcherbird59
01-26-2013, 03:53 AM
...Any attempt to rebind to another key defaults only to middle mouse/space-bar...?

If you have a MS keyboard/mouse make sure the mouse it configured to a middle-click in the MS driver - by default it's usually not on middle click