PDA

View Full Version : I am totally confused

pugnale-assass
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Iam having a very frustrating time with Assassin 3. I have already stated the problems I am having, but I am always having to look for walkthrough videos. Because of this I am now at the end of my broadband width 2 weeks before it is suppose to. I try and defend myself with buttons I am use to from other assassins but they don't work or don't seem to work. You had the great kick in the groin which helped in a fight when the guy was difficult to overcome. That seems to have disappeared, now I just get slaughtered everytime! I have no idea how to free an area like the other assassins. The other assassins seemed so much easier to play. Now I have no idea what to do or where to go or how to do combat! I can't do anymore videos now for a few weeks, so I am stuck. Is there a help on the disk? Or something?

Sushiglutton
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Is it mainly combat you are struggling with? Which system are you playing on (if PC what control device are you using?), maybe we can help :)?

montagemik
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
If AC-3 Combat system is somehow TOO difficult to grasp , Maybe Assassin's just isn't your game . :nonchalance:

It is rated 18 you know but nothing remotely difficult or complicated is in the Combat portion of the game.

pugnale-assass
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
I am using Xbox. So I have used the Y, A,X and B to help defend. But Connor just stands there and manytimes does things I don't want him to do. Having enjoyed the previous games and gotten into the story I really wanted to continue it. I do live on over 300mg of morphine a day and use gaming to help me take less morphine. This game seems more glitchy than others I have played. I am on benefits and paying this large amount of money does hurt the wallet and frustrating that I feel I have wasted my money.

MT4K
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Are you by any chance holding the high profile button in combat? In AC3 you don't hold that anymore during combat and it might be interfering.

Sushiglutton
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
As M4TK said you are no longer supposed to hold any buttons. Do NOT hold the right trigger for example!

When a red icon flashes over an enemies head, tap B once (do not NOT button mash!). Now time should slow down. From this position you can tap X to assassinate, Y to use your tool, A to break defense, or B to throw. The one you should use most often is X. When you have assassinated an enemy hold the left stick towards another enemy and tap X again to assassinate him too. But if a red icon flashes tap B instead.

Alternate between B followed by X (when a red icon flash) and just tapping X when you don't see an icon. Do you follow thus far (there are a couple of more tricks)?