PDA

View Full Version : Better FPS & NVIDIA SLI Fix

Bad213Boy
01-24-2013, 07:20 AM
I've been looking around the web for possible tweaks that can help improve FPS for SLI. There was one decent site which is listed here:
Assassin`s Creed III - Force game to run in directx 9 mode - guide (http://driversnest.com/guides/assassins-creed-iii-force-game-to-run-in-directx-9-mode-guide.html)

You need this game to operate at a steady 40 FPS. Any lower and you'll see stuttering and lag. The problem is mainly with developers. They need to create a grid in their game worlds. Then they should have a minimum limit FPS that the developer has to achieve in that specific grid section. This would follow a FPS according to the games recommended video cards. But they really don't care about consumers. So that's the world we live in. Instead, we have VSync. When VSync works, it's great. It's a good thing and people who say to disable it don't know what they're talking about. If you turn VSync off, you may reach frames higher than 60 FPS, but you're wasting your video card's power. The human eye can only see something like 35 FPS. You want that power to be used when you're frame rates drop below 60 FPS. That's why VSync is something good.

If you have NVIDIA, you can use NVIDIA Inspector to limit the max frame rates you want the game to use. It's similar to what VSync does but better because you can actually set the value to less than 60. If you're using SLI, you can also use NVIDIA Inspector to fix the SLI problem. Use the following settings:

To View, Right Click and Choose View Image
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/Bad213Boy/BetterFPSNVIDIASLIFix.jpg

I have 3 video cards, so I have my GPU count set to three. If you have two, set yours to two.

YazX_
01-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Sorry but its useless -i have no FPS issues-, just looked at the article and the game CANNOT RUN ON DX9, it only supports and runs on DX11 unless if Ubisoft patch it to work on DX9 which is unlikely. The guy who wrote the article didnt even tested it , both results shown are grabbed from DX11 and thats why they are similar.

abohamed
01-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Sorry but its useless -i have no FPS issues-, just looked at the article and the game CANNOT RUN ON DX9, it only supports and runs on DX11 unless if Ubisoft patch it to work on DX9 which is unlikely. The guy who wrote the article didnt even tested it , both results shown are grabbed from DX11 and thats why they are similar.

wrong .. this game will run with DX9 / DX10 but with one condition : you must have a GPU that did not support DX11 :D and yes you can not force it to run with DX9 if you have GPU that supported DX11 .. and the bad part is : this game did not gave you the choice to choose between DX9 and DX11 like FARCRY 3 or batman AC already did .. and thats why this guy :

I don't understand why but i get good speeds (acceptable). I get 30 FPS lowest in Boston and 50 FPS in other non-heavy areas.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon Mobility 4670 1 GB GDDR3
XPS Studio

have no FPS issue at all with his ( very weak ) laptop !!!!!!

Sandcracka
01-26-2013, 06:41 PM
wrong .. this game will run with DX9 / DX10 but with one condition : you must have a GPU that did not support DX11 :D and yes you can not force it to run with DX9 if you have GPU that supported DX11 .. and the bad part is : this game did not gave you the choice to choose between DX9 and DX11 like FARCRY 3 or batman AC already did .. and thats why this guy :

have no FPS issue at all with his ( very weak ) laptop !!!!!!

True dat. Also, those screens posted in the article show a difference of like 6 fps between DX9 / 11? He most likely would have seen much higher gains dropping from DX11 to DX9.