PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed problems, and the future.

EaglehawkAves
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I really like Assassin's Creed. Second one is my favorite, and yes, Ezio is my favorite Assassin. Why? He felt the most like an Assassin... Connor is so naive and... dull. Also, Connor doesn't even care for The Brotherhood [at least it seems like it] but more for his own people and whatnot.

Remember the scene in AC: Brotherhood where Ezio becomes The Mentor? There were all these other Assassins, all in white robes with white hoods. THAT'S what I expected in Assassin's Creed 3...

Besides, all those Assassin's have no idea whats going on. Like, they don't know anything about the Apple or the First civilization... They're just there. Like a mindless army of puppets. The Brotherhood should know about everything mutally.

Anyway, since this topics name is the future as well, here's a question. What would you like to see in the future? Me, personally, all I wrote here. More Brotherhood-based story, and no personal revenge. YES, Ezio was on a personal revenge quest too, but besides that, he was on the quest to find out about first civilization, rebuild the Brotherhood... Connor, nope, let me just kill my dad and his friend and I'm good. Who cares about them Assassins, who thought me everything I know. I can do it all myself. Yes, you had your own Assassin's in Assassin's Creed 3, but for ****s sakes, your Assassin is a FRENCH COOK WITH A CLEAVER!

I liked Assassin's Creed 3, yes, I liked Connor, yes, I liked the gameplay, the story, everything was perfect. But it felt like I didn't play Assassin's Creed. The whole Brotherhood, Nothing is true, Everything is permitted atmosphere was gone.

Your thoughts?

-EaglehawkAves

Sushiglutton
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I kind of feel the opposite :). I don't want the protagonist to blindly follow the creed. I prefer if he follows his heart and do what he think is right. I feel this is in spiririt of the Creed. In this case he tried to save his people, which (so he thought) coincided with his goal as an Assassin. He was naive in terms of the people he trusted and his black and white view of the world in general, but that to me was one of the story's greatest strength. I don't think the hero need to be perfect. And I don't think he was dull, he just took things seriously and was very dedicated.

As for the Creed, the U.S. branch was in ruins when Connor started to rebuild it. It's not reasonable to expect all the people he recruits to be seasoned professionals. Ubi tried to give them more personality, which was the right way to go imo. I don't want an army of robots. That said I don't like the recruits and would prefer if Connor acted on his own in the sequel. I want the recruit mechanic to be replaced by things Connor can do himself in stealth gameplay. The brotherhood could appear in some missions though.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Connor wasn't so engaged with order because he become an assassin just for save his people and I think he's right.
And about the secondaries assassins don't understanding about pieces of eden and first civilization:

1-Ezio hadn't understood what minerva said (for him she was a real godess), in revelations he said that he was a conduit of a message that eludes his understanding, in his mind they just need defeat templars because they were bad guys. Just Altair knew about those secret things.

2-Not all assassins are so engaged with the creed and they could have betrayed Ezio and others like that man of Monteriggioni (that didn't know anything).

Assassin_M
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh of course not. talking 24/7 about freedom has nothing to do with the Assassin Brotherhood and helping the Colonists secure their Independence has "HELPING ONLY HIS PEOPLE" written all over it Yes Yes of course. Connor is such a selfish dude. In it only for himself and his people.. didn't want to help anyone but himself..Yes

Seriously, do you people even pay attention to the dialogue ?? -__-

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Ezio felt the most like an assassin? Did you play AC1?...

Though i will agree with you on Stephane Chappeau. Jesus Christ man change your clothes, when i call my assassins, i want assassins to come, not some man dressed as a chef, it does not look cool, the other assassins look alright, but seriously stephane, you're not representing us very well. And Why was he recruited? He was recruited after he went on a massive rampage through the streets because some of his stuff was stolen. Great pick Connor just great, you just recruited a psychotic chef as your primary assassin.

...i'm sure he's just some kin of ego stroke for those guys over in Montreal...

TheHumanTowel
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Ezio felt the most like an assassin? Did you play AC1?...

Though i will agree with you on Stephane Chappeau. Jesus Christ man change your clothes, when i call my assassins, i want assassins to come, not some man dressed as a chef, it does not look cool, the other assassins look alright, but seriously stephane, you're not representing us very well. And Why was he recruited? He was recruited after he went on a massive rampage through the streets because some of his stuff was stolen. Great pick Connor just great, you just recruited a psychotic chef as your primary assassin.

...i'm sure he's just some kin of ego stroke for those guys over in Montreal...
Stephan Chapeau is the worst AC character of all time.

I know what you're getting at OP but I think the reason all your recruits just wore normal clothes mostly was just to show the colonial assassins were very disorganised, not really a brotherhood just a ragtag bunch of people with common goals. Achilles and Connor are the only real assassins.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Oh of course not. talking 24/7 about freedom has nothing to do with the Assassin Brotherhood and helping the Colonists secure their Independence has "HELPING ONLY HIS PEOPLE" written all over it Yes Yes of course. Connor is such a selfish dude. In it only for himself and his people.. didn't want to help anyone but himself..Yes

Seriously, do you people even pay attention to the dialogue ?? -__-

He just helped in revolution because he believed it would avoid bad things for Connor's people. Perhaps in during his campaign he got some esteem for that cause, but wasn't the initial idea.

I know what you're getting at OP but I think the reason all your recruits just wore normal clothes mostly was just to show the colonial assassins were very disorganised, not really a brotherhood just a ragtag bunch of people with common goals. Achilles and Connor are the only real assassins.

You're right, there isn't a strong order in colony, just templars have and not like in Europe.

cobrasno1
01-22-2013, 08:41 PM
It's different than the other AC games but I still enjoyed it. I don't read that much into it the way others do. But if I had to make an opinion, it's the same story as Star Wars.
Connor is Luke Skywalker. Achilles is Obi-Won. Haythem is Vader. Achilles trains Connor to be an assassin the way Obi-Won trains Luke to be a Jedi. Connor then has to face his father the same way Luke has to face his father. etc.
But who cares. I loved the game.

EaglehawkAves
01-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes, I have played all the other games, but seriously, think about it. Altair was an Assassin since his birth. At the age of 20, he was a Master Assassin! Way to go! But he had no social life whatsoever! I know Assassin's aren't meant to have one, but **** it people, how did Ezio manage it?

About Connor not following The Creed... Yes, he did fight the colonists, and all that stuff, but not for the sake of the Creed, the people, or humanity. But for his tribe. That's why he did what he did. Don't get me wrong, people, I enjoyed AC3, but it was kind of dull comparing it to other AC titles in the franchise. Once again, Assassin's Creed 2 being the best! The atmosphere of Venice during the carnevale... Walking through the streets, in the night, while the Venice theme plays in the background, see people having fun... Sometimes makes me sad I'm in 21st century, you know?

-EaglehawkAves

Assassin_M
01-22-2013, 09:10 PM
He just helped in revolution because he believed it would avoid bad things for Connor's people. Perhaps in during his campaign he got some esteem for that cause, but wasn't the initial idea.

Actually Connor was cynical towards the revolution. He resented the starters, but believed in the cause. He wanted freedom for everyone, mate. Never did he say that he wanted freedom for his people. He wanted to SAVE his people from templars due to Juno`s vision. but the freedom he was fighting for was for everyone..

Assassin_M
01-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Yes, I have played all the other games, but seriously, think about it. Altair was an Assassin since his birth. At the age of 20, he was a Master Assassin! Way to go! But he had no social life whatsoever! I know Assassin's aren't meant to have one, but **** it people, how did Ezio manage it?

About Connor not following The Creed... Yes, he did fight the colonists, and all that stuff, but not for the sake of the Creed, the people, or humanity. But for his tribe. That's why he did what he did. Don't get me wrong, people, I enjoyed AC3, but it was kind of dull comparing it to other AC titles in the franchise. Once again, Assassin's Creed 2 being the best! The atmosphere of Venice during the carnevale... Walking through the streets, in the night, while the Venice theme plays in the background, see people having fun... Sometimes makes me sad I'm in 21st century, you know?

-EaglehawkAves

So sorry the Revolution (Where death was rampant) was not so lively as the Venice Carnevale..

People expected another AC II and another Ezio -_-

SuperLoboMau 25
01-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Actually Connor was cynical towards the revolution. He resented the starters, but believed in the cause. He wanted freedom for everyone, mate. Never did he say that he wanted freedom for his people. He wanted to SAVE his people from templars due to Juno`s vision. but the freedom he was fighting for was for everyone..

He could have got this ideal of freedom to everyone, but later. When he met Achiles he didn't know nothing about this revolution. He fought for it because he believed that it was the same cause of his people.

Assassin_M
01-23-2013, 03:06 AM
He could have got this ideal of freedom to everyone, but later. When he met Achiles he didn't know nothing about this revolution. He fought for it because he believed that it was the same cause of his people.
if he did not care about freedom for everyone, he would`v killed Washington. but he didn't...you know why ?? to not allow a Templar to take his place...thus securing assassin goals...thus what you say is wrong

DavisP92
01-23-2013, 04:16 AM

-EaglehawkAves

Yea let's ignore the fact that Altair had a lover before AC1, or that he had two sons and a best friend. Then quit being an assassin for about 20 years to learn about the apple while being depressed. To return and take the assassins back, and then meeting people and befriending people so they can spread the word of the assassins. Oh and meeting Qulan Gal and going to Constantinople before Ezio. And how he met a man in the desert and barely saved him and then met his family and stayed with them as he recovered from his injuries. And then he met his best friend's son, Malak Jr, and recruited him and a handful of other assassins. Not killing any assassins when he became the leader again except for the ******.

Yea so Altair had No social life at all and thus makes Ezio more of an assassin *sarcasm*.