PDA

View Full Version : Tyranny of King Washington: Part 1 - Infamy

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Has anyone downloaded it yet? Impressions?

UrDeviant1
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
:confused: it's not out yet...

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Well it's supposed to be available to those with the Season Pass... I have yet to buy it so...

SleezeRocker
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Does it not release until next week?

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 05:46 PM
28/29th is it not?

straty88
01-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Well it's supposed to be available to those with the Season Pass... I have yet to buy it so...

The season pass only grants holders the 1st (Hidden secrets) DLC a week early. The rest of the DLC is available to everyone on the same date, whenever they release. :)

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Yes it does, but Season Pass owners get everything a week early. At least that's what Ubisoft advertises.

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Previous post was a reply to those who asked about the release date not you straty88, sorry for any misunderstanding.

straty88
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes it does, but Season Pass owners get everything a week early. At least that's what Ubisoft advertises.

Nope, if you read it closely is says the first DLC pack.

"The Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass releases within six months after the game launch at a 25% savings over the individual pack prices. Also, Season Pass owners will have access to the first downloadable content pack one week before other gamers." http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/717093-Ubisoft%C2%AE-Announces-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed%C2%AE-III-Season-Pass

Edit: Ah ok. :D

GingerFox14
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Why would anyone even bother with this when the game is still full of bugs??? I was going to get it but I'm going to wait til the main game is fixed first:)

straty88
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Why would anyone even bother with this when the game is still full of bugs??? I was going to get it but I'm going to wait til the main game is fixed first:)

Full? Only major bug I've had is when Sam Adams disappeared in one of the cut-scenes. The rest have been minor to not even worth noting. :)

Assassin_M
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
good for you

montagemik
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM

Why would they release another update , they fixed all that they are likely to .

lothario-da-be
01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
I realy wonder how long its going to be.

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
I realy wonder how long its going to be.

They said it's going to be twenty minutes each. I don't about you guys but it seems very, VERY short to me. Now I don't know if they meant the whole thing (cutscenes, going from one mission to the other and the missions themselves) or twenty mins if you cut out everything and leave just mission gameplay.

lothario-da-be
01-22-2013, 08:08 PM
They said it's going to be twenty minutes each. I don't about you guys but it seems very, VERY short. Now I don't know if they meant the whole thing (cutscenes, going from one mission to the other and the missions themselves) or twenty mins if you cut out everything and leave just mission gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mgDXRY5fM

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 08:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mgDXRY5fM

No seriously, I read that in the same article, or whatever it was, where I learned the release dates. And that was one or two weeks ago. Believe me, I mean that's what I read in an official article copy pasted from something from gamestop.

montagemik
01-22-2013, 09:23 PM
No seriously, I read that in the same article, or whatever it was, where I learned the release dates. And that was one or two weeks ago. Believe me, I mean that's what I read in an official article copy pasted from something from gamestop.

Show us the Article then , or tell another story .
If it's less than the 5 hours Ubisoft have mentioned many times , i for one am entitled to a Refund on the cost of this DLC .

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Show us the Article then , or tell another story .
If it's less than the 5 hours Ubisoft have mentioned many times , i for one am entitled to a Refund on the cost of this DLC .

Hey man take it easy! I'm saying what I read (which I'm sure it was written like that). Maybe the guy writing it was an idiot and messed up the Tyranny pack with the Secrets pack. (Probably that) I just shared what I read and that's it. I'm not stating it myself, because I don't know anything about the length. Btw where did you read that it will be 5 hours?

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 09:33 PM
I too read this.

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm not a troll, I don't have anything to gain from that and also why would I do that, being a huge fan like you guys? To avoid any further disbelief posts I say that I was mistaken and probably the article I read was not legitimate and fully informed.

DavidPage
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
I too read this.

What?

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 09:43 PM
I read that it would be like 20 minutes. The first one atleast.

lothario-da-be
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I read that it would be like 20 minutes. The first one atleast.
Are you realy seroius? Man thats just...impossible.

IronEagl3
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM

Why is everybody complaining about bugs??? I got no bugs what so ever. The only "bug" i got was when i jumped off a mountain and landed on top of a gap between a object bush and a mountain. Since Connor can't go through object bushes, he just stood there with the look of falling, and I sat there for a minute till he slid off.

montagemik
01-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Hey man take it easy! I'm saying what I read (which I'm sure it was written like that). Maybe the guy writing it was an idiot and messed up the Tyranny pack with the Secrets pack. (Probably that) I just shared what I read and that's it. I'm not stating it myself, because I don't know anything about the length. Btw where did you read that it will be 5 hours?

This 5 hrs of KW DLC gameplay was mentioned in various places around the forums & internet -
Pacmanate states it too way back on Page 5 of the season pass thread at the top of this forum page - Post # 45 .
But since the recent maintenance , virtually all info on gameplay time is gone from this site .
Check around the internet & virtually no comments on the subject now either , strange really , new forum terms & conditions in place now also .

But promotional info found on the internet can be saved by people - Deleting such info at a later date is pointless . :nonchalance:

Toa TAK
01-23-2013, 12:48 AM
When it hits next Tuesday, it better be good.

straty88
01-23-2013, 02:04 AM
The PSN store mentions that it's going to be 5 hours, so I'd rather go with that tbh.

Gil_217
01-23-2013, 04:30 PM
The PSN store mentions that it's going to be 5 hours, so I'd rather go with that tbh.

Where are you seeing this information? I went to the PSN and there's absolutely nothing in there related to The Tyranny of King Washington DLC. None.

Edit: Forget it, I thought you were saying that the PSN had just created a page for the TOKW, just like they did with GTA V, didn't remember about the description on the Season Pass page.

Do we even have an official release date for the first part of the DLC? Because I see a lot of people here talking like it's confirmed that the first part of the DLC is going to be released very soon, but I've found nothing on an announcement by Ubisoft regarding the release date.

SleezeRocker
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Pulled this up for everyone ;)

http://s20.postimage.org/832v0ih8c/Scan_Pic0001.jpg

montagemik
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Where are you seeing this information? I went to the PSN and there's absolutely nothing in there related to The Tyranny of King Washington DLC. None.

Edit: Forget it, I thought you were saying that the PSN had just created a page for the TOKW, just like they did with GTA V, didn't remember about the description on the Season Pass page.

Do we even have an official release date for the first part of the DLC? Because I see a lot of people here talking like it's confirmed that the first part of the DLC is going to be released very soon, but I've found nothing on an announcement by Ubisoft regarding the release date.

Here you Go !!!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/DLCTimesampDates_zps9be9ada0.jpg

Looks like dates & gameplay times for the DLC should be around 5 hours at least - Or at least that's what was advertised .

That's why i bought the season pass - So refund if not thanks.

catkiller97
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
If u guys remembered i told u that total time of the DLC will be 5 hrs..

First part almost 2 hrs....

Gil_217
01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
So, according to those dates, the first part is going to be released next week, but where's the publicity, where's the hype, where's the trailer? A bit strange, no?

I don't expect Ubisoft to treat this type of DLC like they treated the Lost Archive for Revelations, even though it's non-canon.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
So, according to those dates, the first part is going to be released next week, but where's the publicity, where's the hype, where's the trailer? A bit strange, no?

I don't expect Ubisoft to treat this type of DLC like they treated the Lost Archive for Revelations, even though it's non-canon.
this, i fear this dlc will be crap, no trailers, no gameplay...

lothario-da-be
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Here you Go !!!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/DLCTimesampDates_zps9be9ada0.jpg

Looks like dates & gameplay times for the DLC should be around 5 hours at least - Or at least that's what was advertised .

That's why i bought the season pass - So refund if not thanks.
If Ubi says 1 hour for Benidict Arnold i wouldn't expect much from it.

UrDeviant1
01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
This DLC Is rather expensive so I expect It to be good. Whether or not It will be remains to be seen! If not I fear we'll have a pre-release AC3 situation on our hands. Shade will need to be on point again ;)

lothario-da-be
01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
This DLC Is rather expensive so I expect It to be good. Whether or not It will be remains to be seen! If not I fear we'll have a pre-release AC3 situation on our hands. Shade will need to be on point again ;)
What do you mean with pre-release ac3 situation?

itsamea-mario
01-23-2013, 06:47 PM
How much is it? i don't think i've actually seen a price yet.

UrDeviant1
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
What do you mean with pre-release ac3 situation?

Some people got the game early and the forum was bombarded with complaints about the game before official release.

Aphex_Tim
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM

Maybe they're just playing it safe right now, seeing as how many Americans were already pissed off when Connor was shown killing colonists.
Just the announcement of this DLC already spawned some negative articles about it. I doubt they really want to promote and hype something that portrays Washington as a villain.

UrDeviant1
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
How much is it? i don't think i've actually seen a price yet.

It will be 800msp for each part no doubt.

Gil_217
01-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe they're just playing it safe right now, seeing as how many Americans were already pissed off when Connor was shown killing colonists.
Just the announcement of this DLC already spawned some negative articles about it. I doubt they really want to promote and hype something that portrays Washington as a villain.

IF they actually feel that way, why did they even bother creating a story like this for their SP DLC? If they were so preoccupied with the American's response to this type of DLC, they should just create a different story altogether.

itsamea-mario
01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Maybe they should have a mission where we have to set fire to 13 American flags. That would be fun. I would play that.

UrDeviant1
01-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Maybe they should have a mission where we have to set fire to 13 American flags. That would be fun. I would play that.

lol why 13?

itsamea-mario
01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
One for each of the 13 states at the time. i think there was 13. 13 is a recurring number on American symbols.

lothario-da-be
01-23-2013, 08:47 PM
LOl half of America would Boycot ubi then:p

montagemik
01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
LOl half of America would Boycot ubi then:p

Might make the leaderboards on multiplayer a little more legitimate though - Always a silver lining . :o

POP1Fan
01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
maybe they should have a mission where we have to set fire to 13 american flags. That would be fun. I would play that.

amen !

Toa TAK
01-23-2013, 09:30 PM

I still never-ever- understand the mentality of these people on both sides.

Anways, as an American, I'm looking forward to this DLC.

Aphex_Tim
01-23-2013, 11:59 PM
IF they actually feel that way, why did they even bother creating a story like this for their SP DLC? If they were so preoccupied with the American's response to this type of DLC, they should just create a different story altogether.

In most cases DLC is only for the dedicated; I'm sure most AC3 fans will appreciate it for what it is.
But if Ubi were to hype this just as much as they hyped AC3, any random patriotic American who reads the words "The Tyranny of King Washington" could take it the wrong way and that probably won't be pretty.

GunnarGunderson
01-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Part 3 is called "Redemption"? Does ubi seriously not have the balls to make Washington a bad guy, even in the non-canon what-if DLC?

I-Like-Pie45
01-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Part 3 is called "Redemption"? Does ubi seriously not have the balls to make Washington a bad guy, even in the non-canon what-if DLC?

While the names of the DLC do point towards to GW, it could always end up describing the Connor character arc in the DLC.

im3jia
01-24-2013, 03:31 AM
Do you think the trophies will leak before Tuesday?

MarleyMon81
01-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Do you think the trophies will leak before Tuesday?

They might or they may all be secret achievement/trophies to not spoil any plot points for us before we play the DLC. Unless there are some activities during the DLC you have to perform, I would expect any story related achievements to be secret to not give anything away before playing.

I'm going to try and hold off on playing the DLC next week until I see the achievements listed on xbox.com. Ran into issues when I jumped the gun on the Battle Hardened achievements before they were posted and ended up having to re-download my XB gamertag and get the achievements again.

InfectedNation
01-24-2013, 06:18 PM
From EscoBlades' official Facebook (For those that don't know, he now works for Ubisoft):"The Infamy, the first episode of a three-part tale, will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on February 19."That's quite the wait.

EscoBlades
01-24-2013, 06:52 PM
From EscoBlades' official Facebook (For those that don't know, he now works for Ubisoft):"The Infamy, the first episode of a three-part tale, will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on February 19."That's quite the wait.

Thanks for posting that here. I've put up the press release details in this thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/749927-The-Tyranny-of-King-Washington-Draws-Near-(release-date-inside)

MarleyMon81
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Don't know why I swear I saw something that said part 1 would be released on January 29th.

montagemik
01-24-2013, 07:02 PM
From Official pre launch leaflets encouraging customers to pre-order & BUY the season pass to get this DLC ...........

So BS & Incorrect information really is Ubisoft policy - Good to know . Just re-name the whole DLC pack as 'THE BETRAYAL' seems appropriate.

Kinda hoping it is less than 5 hours gameplay now ................Nothing would make me happier than having the cost of this season pass refunded if not as described -
months of broken glitched gamecode - Playerbase limiting Multi player DLC & Now a delay to the main DLC package - told to us through a third party member on the official forums, Rather than Ubisoft employees bothering to tell us first .

Customer Service Rides again ( off into the sunset with our cash )

AT ONE SIR
01-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty disappointed seeing that there is now a "new" release date for the ToKW DLC. I was all excited for 1/29, but now it is 2/19? And then the confusing wording about early access for Season Pass holders. So now season pass holders will NOT get access to the first part of ToKW on 1/29?

I love this game, but the fiddling with release dates and the pedantic release wording just feels a bit misleading.

straty88
01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty disappointed seeing that there is now a "new" release date for the ToKW DLC. I was all excited for 1/29, but now it is 2/19? And then the confusing wording about early access for Season Pass holders. So now season pass holders will NOT get access to the first part of ToKW on 1/29?

I love this game, but the fiddling with release dates and the pedantic release wording just feels a bit misleading.

I'd rather have a polished DLC pack than some poor rushed DLC.

AT ONE SIR
01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
I'd rather have a polished DLC pack than some poor rushed DLC.

Me too. But then just say from the get-go that the first DLC is coming out on 2/19. I don't appreciate the shifting of delivery dates after someone has my money already. Is this Kickstarter?

straty88
01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Me too. But then just say from the get-go that the first DLC is coming out on 2/19. I don't appreciate the shifting of delivery dates after someone has my money already. Is this Kickstarter?

This happens with games you pre-order constantly. I pre-ordered GTA4 back when it became available but then it was delayed by 6 months.

UrDeviant1
01-24-2013, 07:34 PM

I don't remember seeing where Ubisoft themselves officially stated what the release date will be until now. I trust Esco got It from a good source.

kuled2012
01-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Not hyped for this at all tbh.

AT ONE SIR
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't remember seeing where Ubisoft themselves officially stated what the release date will be until now. I trust Esco got It from a good source.

Well, I want it to be good too, but why not just say: "Hey AC3 customers. We want this to be top-notch, so we are delaying it a couple extra weeks to make sure it's of the highest quality". I can accept that.

Assassin_M
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Well, I want it to be good too, but why not just say: "Hey AC3 customers. We want this to be top-notch, so we are delaying it a couple extra weeks to make sure it's of the highest quality". I can accept that.
What difference does it make ??

montagemik
01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
What difference does it make ?? :rolleyes:

That question is an insult to anyone who runs a business - & to any loyal customer who helped build this franchise up to the following it currently has.
When customer support becomes fanatical following despite constant failure in product quality & false announcements - all reason is lost & replaced with blind ignorance.

No offence M , but if you see no reason for basic courtesy from a business to it's customers - There's little point in commenting on this subject .

montagemik
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM

The release dates stated on the gamestop flyer HAD to have come from some official source in the first place - For legal sales promotion / advertising requirements if nothing else .
Let's not all pretend they were just insanely accurate guesswork for the first DLC dates.

silvermercy
01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Question for those of us who have never bought a season pass before:

What is cheaper? Getting the Season Pass or purchasing the 3 parts of TOKW separately?
(Note: I'm not interested in multi-player or any other DLCs apart from Tyranny since I believe I got them all of the rest as a pre-order bonus).
Thanks!!

montagemik
01-25-2013, 01:21 PM

What is cheaper? Getting the Season Pass or purchasing the 3 parts of TOKW separately?
(Note: I'm not interested in multi-player or any other DLCs apart from Tyranny since I believe I got them all of the rest as a pre-order bonus).
Thanks!!

probably buying T.O.K.W separately would be cheaper or same price at most then bud - If the Hidden secrets & battle pack DLC is no use to you.

UrDeviant1
01-25-2013, 01:22 PM

Thanks!!

The same price. Even If you're not interested in the MP you might as well buy the season pass.

silvermercy
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks!!
It seems I'll be getting the Season Pass, especially if I get the DLC a week earlier I think.

MarleyMon81
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks!!
It seems I'll be getting the Season Pass, especially if I get the DLC a week earlier I think.

Pass holders only got the Hidden Secrets pack a week early. The Battle Hardened pack and the 3 part Washington DLC will be released to all at the same time. It was due to so odd word useage in the season pass promotional material that caused us to think we get all packs a week early

kuled2012
01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
SPOILERS...sorta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGER7sFqHIU

That's actually from the disk.