PDA

View Full Version : What did you think about... (spoilers)

SuperLoboMau 25
01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
What did you feel after discovery in AC3's end that all what Ezio and Connor made was in vain? That all they made was to free a villain who wants slave the humanity?
I was shocked, but liked, same time felt like all the previous assassin's story were for nothing.

SixKeys
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
I was disappointed. I liked the poignancy of Connor's life because we already knew going in that Connor's attempt to bring justice to his people was doomed to fail. But I wanted Desmond to succeed to balance out the tragedy of Connor's fate. For five games we followed Desmond's desperate journey to save the world and for what? For him to kick the bucket unceremoniously and for everything we strove for as his ancestors to have been in vain. That's no way to encourage people to continue playing a story. If every future plot Ubi comes up with is just going to end up with "...and then the world went to hell in a hand basket. Thanks for nothing, hero", it's just gonna piss me off.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 11:38 PM
It wasn't for nothing. they saved the world...

SixKeys
01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
It wasn't for nothing. they saved the world...

Did they really? Now we've got a wrathful, powerful godlike being intent on slaving humanity. How is that saving the world? Minerva's alternative made sense: as horrible as it sounds, perhaps it would have been better to let the world burn and for a few to survive than for the majority to fall under Juno's rule.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Part of world would be saved but free. Anyway it was Desmond's choice

And the Connor's path was the most sad, he lost almost everything he loved. Ezio and Altair at least had family.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Did they really? Now we've got a wrathful, powerful godlike being intent on slaving humanity. How is that saving the world? Minerva's alternative made sense: as horrible as it sounds, perhaps it would have been better to let the world burn and for a few to survive than for the majority to fall under Juno's rule.
They saved the world...Nuff said...

Minerva`s alternative is the same as Juno`s. Tis for Tat...Save the world now and fight Juno later or kill the world now and fight the same cycle of history later...

They.....saved.....the world......Nuff said. If you think about it

SuperLoboMau 25
01-20-2013, 11:47 PM

Minerva`s alternative is the same as Juno`s. Tis for Tat...Save the world now and fight Juno later or kill the world now and fight the same cycle of history later...

I don't remember Minerva saying they must have fought against Juno later.

SixKeys
01-20-2013, 11:50 PM

I disagree. They may have saved the planet, but they didn't save its people. What they chose for was basically surrendering the world to a malevolent deity who delights in making humans suffer. Like handing the world over to Satan in order to prevent a new ice age. Either way you're screwed, y'know?

Don't get me wrong, for Desmond's character I can't imagine him making any other choice, it's just not who he is. But for the sake of humanity and the assassins' goal of freedom Minerva's alternative made more sense.

ACfan443
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I was disappointed. I liked the poignancy of Connor's life because we already knew going in that Connor's attempt to bring justice to his people was doomed to fail. But I wanted Desmond to succeed to balance out the tragedy of Connor's fate. For five games we followed Desmond's desperate journey to save the world and for what? For him to kick the bucket unceremoniously and for everything we strove for as his ancestors to have been in vain. That's no way to encourage people to continue playing a story. If every future plot Ubi comes up with is just going to end up with "...and then the world went to hell in a hand basket. Thanks for nothing, hero", it's just gonna piss me off.

This.

Escappa
01-21-2013, 12:11 AM
If I have to be honest I think that the great writers in Montreal knows what they're doing. I am convinced that this ending wasn't rushed, as many people seems to belive, but planned since AC1 back in 2007. And they allready said they have plans for five more games so the outline for the complete story is probably done. So with that said, we can't be disapointed in an ending that really isn't the ending, because I've seen so many people posting things like, "this was supposed to answer everything but now we don't understand anything". Because the ending to AC1 was so easy to understand...
So be patient we're only halfway there and we haven't done it for nothing.

Assassin_M
01-21-2013, 12:54 AM
I disagree. They may have saved the planet, but they didn't save its people. What they chose for was basically surrendering the world to a malevolent deity who delights in making humans suffer. Like handing the world over to Satan in order to prevent a new ice age. Either way you're screwed, y'know?

Don't get me wrong, for Desmond's character I can't imagine him making any other choice, it's just not who he is. But for the sake of humanity and the assassins' goal of freedom Minerva's alternative made more sense.
Yeah. Kill billions of people to save a couple hundred for freedom...Makes so much more sense than saving billions of people and releasing someone who wants to make them suffer and try to fight it later.....So much sense...It`s not like Minerva`s option does not show any assurance that Humans CAN win...Yeah ?? Nah lets kill them all to avoid the unbeatable Juno....It`s called hope. That`s what the Assassins have been doing their entire lives... Juno`s not automatically going to be head tyrant the moment she`s released...Humanity will fight and that`s what Desmond HOPES for. They`v always safe guarded Man`s freedom...what good is freedom if it is for a few hundred AND they`ll have the cycle repeat AGAIN....Oh Yes, Minerva makes so much more sense

Legendz54
01-21-2013, 01:11 AM
I mean how Hard is it for ubisoft to create a satisfying, epic and conclusive ending. I feel that ever since after ACB they have been making the modern day plot just too simple and not amazing enough, I was expecting proper discussion, emotion and explanation for Lucy's death, I was expecting something so much better for subject 16 and for him to explain his truth speech I was hoping clay would play a larger role in the story. Most of all I was expecting something epic for Desmond's final ending i really wanted to feel sad or happy but all I felt was no emotion at all really, they could of at least let us click a button for Desmond to touch the orb just so they could make us feel more involved. I am a huge fan of AC but ubisoft really need to improve the modern day, I loved it in AC 1 2 and b.

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-21-2013, 03:03 AM
I hated the ending but believe that Desmond made the right choice. Yes, it is true that he did free Juno. However, I don't think what he did was a templar choice per-say. He gave humans the right and freedom to fight rather than control their lives by wiping them all out. I also believe that Desmond has a lot of faith in humanity. I mean think about it, could Juno really conquer the whole world? I doubt it. The "TOWCB" tried to control humanity in the past, but they failed due to human rebellion, and that was when there were many TOWCB reigning in the univerise. Now there is only 1 (JUNO) and although humans were more advanced in the past, I believe they can still fight back.

montagemik
01-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Since AC-1 Began with a slightly or heavily borrowed concept of real world or digital world - More than a little similar to the Matrix saga
I used to in fact describe AC 1 as sort of Davinci code mystery meets the Matrix (anybody notice - Des = Neo , gaining lifetimes experience & abilities within a few hours of digital immersion ?? )

I can't say i was gobsmacked when it dawned the main protagonist would be making the Ultimate sacrifice in his trilogy's conclusion for one reason or another .
(Everything he'd done so far leading up to one final choice of two possibilities - again with more than a little ambiguity as to wether we see some incarnation of him again)

Even Connors final speech with LEE was almost ripped clean from Smith vs Neo finale .

And it was said ages ago this would be a trilogy of Desmond's story - & quickly became obvious there was never going to be just AC1 - 2 & 3 . Assassin's Creed just had to continue further , so someone else as the main guy was inevitable.

ToughGuy31
01-21-2013, 04:38 AM
I didn't think about it till half way through the credits. I was disappointed because Ezio, Altair, Haythem and Connor all lived and died so that Desmond could fulfill his destiny. His destiny was to touch a orb and die.

And I know this is a little off topic, but this is how I wanted it to end.

To start off, let’s say Desmond didn’t die – easily done. Let’s say he stopped the solar crisis and freed Juno from her cell, but without sacrifice. The others have been commanded to leave, so he stands alone in the temple. Once he pulls away from the orb, we see the lights go dim, and the sound of a heavy door opening lingers. We never see the door, nor Juno, but just only Desmond – looking onwards. The three chord violin piece plays behind him (the main theme), but only very subtlety. Desmond then turns to his right were he sees Altair appear (like we see him at the start of Revelations, free running with Ezio), followed by the Florentine – both staring back at him. He then looks to the left, and Connor appears last. He also looks at him. Desmond turns his head back to where the door would be. The main theme intensifies and grows as he does so. The three ancestors continue to watch Desmond as he begins to walk forwards, towards the door. As he walks, he slowly places the hood above his head – keeping his eyes fixed on the one place. Finally, the camera pans to his left wrist. The Hidden Blade triggers and the picture turns black, in accordance with the sound. The credits roll, and the main theme reaches it’s climax. There, my friends, is a good end to a trilogy – without being boastful, of course.

LUR21
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
You know what I don't get, this may be off topic, that before revelations came out they were making the claim that they were going to explain the big connection between Altair, Ezio and Desmond. I really thought that it would involve something to do with that same scar they all had.

So it ended up just being the apple which is granted and they all had high concentration of first civ genes.

But nothing as far as I remember linked the scar. They even went to the point in AC2 of showing Ezio get that scar.

So did they pass it off as mere coincidence or is it still untold story?

poptartz20
01-21-2013, 11:27 AM
If I have to be honest I think that the great writers in Montreal knows what they're doing. I am convinced that this ending wasn't rushed, as many people seems to belive, but planned since AC1 back in 2007. And they allready said they have plans for five more games so the outline for the complete story is probably done. So with that said, we can't be disapointed in an ending that really isn't the ending, because I've seen so many people posting things like, "this was supposed to answer everything but now we don't understand anything". Because the ending to AC1 was so easy to understand...
So be patient we're only halfway there and we haven't done it for nothing.

You know... I can't help but feel the same way. I think this was planned out. It just seems just a little to weird that it ended the way it did. There is something up, we just don't know about it yet.

Also I could see something like if Desmond really is dead, then Juno doing things to the world. Team Assassins go on a search for another person that either has another amazing assassin heritage, or shares a split one with Desmond. Then using the Animus again but this time with this "new line" or blood they are approached by another God of the first civilization, that was ready just in case if Juno or Minverva succeeded/failed in their plans.

AidenPixxel
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I think that the best way to end the game was just like it did end but without letting us know that Juno wanted to rule the world.That should be a lot better and if ubisoft wanted to make some more money they would come back next year and surprise us with a new game in the moment when all of us would believing that the franchise was ended.

RockWarrior11
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I don't think they did it for nothing. They've helped the future assassins and 'trained' Desmond, and I think he'll come back, because of 16.

Felix-Vivo
01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I was shocked and sad at the reveal that it was Juno manipulating all along (mostly for Clay, if you think about it) but after a while I realised it was genius. Both Desmond & Co and us as players had become comfortable in our knowledge: we have to stop the flare, the solution is there, we go here, we do this. We had all stopped questioning and it came back to bite us - because, of course, nothing is true and we should always question why we believe that something is or isn't.

Hope that makes sense.

POP1Fan
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
They saved the world. Nothing was in vain. Juno, despite being much more intelligent and powerful than a regular human, can't conquer the world on her own. The demise of TWCB came from their low numbers. I am pretty sure Juno (and whatever acomplices she might have) are not going to be high threats on the grand scheme. There will be thousands and maybe millions lost, but nowhere near the loses that might have happend if Desmond would have let the Flare happen.

Felix-Vivo
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
They saved the world. Nothing was in vain. Juno, despite being much more intelligent and powerful than a regular human, can't conquer the world on her own. The demise of TWCB came from their low numbers. I am pretty sure Juno (and whatever acomplices she might have) are not going to be high threats on the grand scheme. There will be thousands and maybe millions lost, but nowhere near the loses that might have happend if Desmond would have let the Flare happen.

I agree with this. And Desmond for sure made the right choice - surely nothing Juno has planned can be worse than losing however many thousands of years worth of progress in humanity.