PDA

View Full Version : Target of your dreams

Escappa
01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
So, if you would pick ONE person in the history of human kind, to have as a target in the games, who would it be and why?

personaly I would like to kill Julius Ceasar because it would one of those AC moments when you're feel that you're seeing history being made, like the first time you met Leonardo Da Vinci.

ACfan443
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
King Henry VIII - he wasn't exactly murdered by anyone, but the way a target dies in an AC game is not historically accurate anyway. With that being said, an AC game in Tudor England would be awesome.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Aluf (Hebrew for champion given to Major Generals of the air force) Mordechai Hod. Because he ordered the bombing of a Primary school in 1970

SixKeys
01-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Rasputin. The legends about him surviving a ridiculous amount of assassination attempts would be a great excuse for a plot involving a Piece of Eden.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Kill Napoleon Buonapart would be good.

Escappa
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Rasputin. The legends about him surviving a ridiculous amount of assassination attempts would be a great excuse for a plot involving a Piece of Eden.

Yeah, that would be a great idea, and with Rasputin's letters in witch he wrote things about the future that later came true, you could easly give him a POE that once belonged to a Mr. Nostradamus ;)

Megas_Doux
01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Maximilien Robespierre

blazefp
01-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Jacques de Molay. Last (known) Grand Master of the templar order. I think he's title says why

Escappa
01-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Jacques de Molay. Last (known) Grand Master of the templar order. I think he's title says why

speaking of that, I'm a little sad that we never assassinated Leonardo Da Vinci.... I mean, it would have felt wrong but he was a member of the Knights templar's inner cirkle in real life. And for those who wonders, this information was known BEFORE the amazing book "The Da Vinci code" came out ;) .

SaintPerkele
01-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Ahem. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin Already done :D

Sadly, this applies to many great targets in human history - they were all dealt with in side-AC-media.
But Jacob Johan Anckarström murdering King Gustav III. - that would be something new. Especially because that guy is not the typical evil-enemy, but a grey person, just the way a Templar should be.

Megas_Doux
01-21-2013, 01:08 AM
Peter the Great, would be.... Great :P

Gi1t
01-21-2013, 02:52 AM
So, if you would pick ONE person in the history of human kind, to have as a target in the games, who would it be and why?personaly I would like to kill Julius Ceasar because it would one of those AC moments when you're feel that you're seeing history being made, like the first time you met Leonardo Da Vinci.You mean you would want to be one of the twenty or so guys who killed him? :)

ToughGuy31
01-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Hitler.

EllisEverTellYa
01-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Emperor Caligula! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caligula
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Caligula
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Leonius

poptartz20
01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Genghis Khan you know.. especially if they were to go with the whole AC Asia route thing.

kuled2012
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Turgut Reis, might know him as Dragut. An Ottoman admiral who tried to invade Malta so they can take over Europe. Apparently he died after debris hit him on the head after a cannon blast, sounds like BS from the Templars and an Assassin killed him, shame his timeline was so close to Ezio since he died in 1565 :(

Ariego1990
01-21-2013, 12:48 PM
George W. Bush, preferably before he started his war on terror (read: war of terror). Or possibly the people that ordered the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan.

SaintPerkele
01-21-2013, 07:35 PM
You mean you would want to be one of the twenty or so guys who killed him? :)
They were all members of the Assassin Order in the AC universe, so why not ;)

Genghis Khan you know.. especially if they were to go with the whole AC Asia route thing.
That guy was killed by Altair's son, Darim, while he, Altair, Maria and Qlan Gal were on a fun trip through Mongolia. So since I don't think they'll ever do another Altair game, that opportunity is sadly gone too.

Lass4r
01-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Noone else thinks this is kinda messed up? Who would you most like to kill?

Lets atleast keep it to people who have been dead for a while.

Sushiglutton
01-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Ceasar perhaps. I would love an AC games that starts with Ceasers murder and then follow the Octavian-Antony conflict (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_War_of_the_Roman_Republic). At the end we can assassinate Cleopatra with a snake ;).

Was thinking the same way tbh, this thread could easily get out of hand. Like one of those 20 pages threads full of jibberish.

ACfan443
01-21-2013, 09:35 PM

Yves Guillmot.

JOKING...

i WiLL aM
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Kony!! ;)

stingray10
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Hitler - let's just say, it would be messy.

Oh and by the way, do you know (i've read it somewhere) that people pay to have an assassin try to kill them? I'm not sure whether it was bull which it most likely is, but hey fun facts!

POP1Fan
01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Hitler - let's just say, it would be messy.

Oh and by the way, do you know (i've read it somewhere) that people pay to have an assassin try to kill them? I'm not sure whether it was bull which it most likely is, but hey fun facts!

It isn't bull.

Anyway, I would chose Franz Ferdinand.

xboxauditore
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Grigori Rasputin or Adolf Hitler.

SaintPerkele
01-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Anyway, I would chose Franz Ferdinand.
You would choose to murder the person whose death was one of the triggers for one of the most gruesome wars in the history of mankind?

Gi1t
01-22-2013, 02:39 AM
You would choose to murder the person whose death was one of the triggers for one of the most gruesome wars in the history of mankind?Well, let's remember, Assassin's Creed may re-interpret history, but it doesn't alter its course. The question is mainly about the target him/herself, not the implication of killing them.

Gabe248
01-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Adolf Hitler

kriegerdesgottes
01-22-2013, 03:29 AM
Maximilien Robespierre/Jean Paul Marrat for sure

UBOSOFT-Gamer
01-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustavus_Adolphus_of_Sweden

Albrecht von Wallenstein http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_von_Wallenstein

Johann Tserclaes, Count of Tilly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Tserclaes,_Count_of_Tilly

Johann Ludwig Hektor von Isolani

POP1Fan
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
You would choose to murder the person whose death was one of the triggers for one of the most gruesome wars in the history of mankind?
Yup.

itsamea-mario
01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Ghandi!
oh oh, jesus!!
howabout the buddha?
ermmmm Mr friggin Rogers...

SaintPerkele
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, let's remember, Assassin's Creed may re-interpret history, but it doesn't alter its course. The question is mainly about the target him/herself, not the implication of killing them.
Fair enough. I suppose that I consider this part of history just as too recent as to bend it the way the AC universe bends history - one of the parts why I would never want a game about, for example, WWII, especially, because of delicate subjects like the Holocaust (using it to create a mass-audience-video game just seems wrong and ignoring it in the course of the game is not right either). But then again, I suppose I have these mixed feelings mainly due to my heritage and thus being a lot closer to the crimes some ancestors of me commited in the both world wars.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
01-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Fair enough. I suppose that I consider this part of history just as too recent as to bend it the way the AC universe bends history - one of the parts why I would never want a game about, for example, WWII, especially, because of delicate subjects like the Holocaust (using it to create a mass-audience-video game just seems wrong and ignoring it in the course of the game is not right either). But then again, I suppose I have these mixed feelings mainly due to my heritage and thus being a lot closer to the crimes some ancestors of me commited in the both world wars.

i'm curious. what crimes did some of your ancestors commited in the both world wars excactly?? but i have to say ww2 is a touchy subject.

SaintPerkele
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
i'm curious. what crimes did some of your ancestors commited in the both world wars excactly?? but i have to say ww2 is a touchy subject.
There were members of the NSDAP and close friends to SS officers. And obviously, people who just let everything happen, who never were part of any political party, but did not intervene when their Jewish neighbours were thrown out of their houses, robbed and later on most likely gassed. I never did that much research on it (except for my direct ancestors, especially my grandparents), because most people from that time period tend to deny everything. Also, I don't know whether I would like to see what evil some people committed, who I only got to know as friendly old men.
I have to give credit to most of my grandparents though. My grandfathers were just ordinary Wehrmachts-soldiers (pretty much every German man was that) but one tried to avoid killing enemies, while his wife, my grandmother, was almost sent to a concentration camp and could avoid this only because she knew the local SS officer from the time before the Third Reich. The other one was in a relationship with a Jewish communist Résistance-member while stationed in Paris, although he never told how that relationship ended. Given her religion, political views and activities, it is safe to say that she was sent to a concentration camp. My grandmother on the other hand.. I don't know that much, but she is still somewhat racist and antisemtic until today, despite being an educated and intelligent woman.

I'm fine with shooters being set on the battlefields of WWII, but the stuff that happened beside the wars.. I don't know whether I want certain games to go there.

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Definitely Hitler.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
01-23-2013, 12:38 AM
There were members of the NSDAP and close friends to SS officers. And obviously, people who just let everything happen, who never were part of any political party, but did not intervene when their Jewish neighbours were thrown out of their houses, robbed and later on most likely gassed. I never did that much research on it (except for my direct ancestors, especially my grandparents), because most people from that time period tend to deny everything. Also, I don't know whether I would like to see what evil some people committed, who I only got to know as friendly old men.
I have to give credit to most of my grandparents though. My grandfathers were just ordinary Wehrmachts-soldiers (pretty much every German man was that) but one tried to avoid killing enemies, while his wife, my grandmother, was almost sent to a concentration camp and could avoid this only because she knew the local SS officer from the time before the Third Reich. The other one was in a relationship with a Jewish communist Résistance-member while stationed in Paris, although he never told how that relationship ended. Given her religion, political views and activities, it is safe to say that she was sent to a concentration camp. My grandmother on the other hand.. I don't know that much, but she is still somewhat racist and antisemtic until today, despite being an educated and intelligent woman.

I'm fine with shooters being set on the battlefields of WWII, but the stuff that happened beside the wars.. I don't know whether I want certain games to go there.

okay, in my opinion your ancestors didn't commited any crimes. and i would never doom germans only because they were members of the nsdap. remember it was a dictatorship and e. g. if you were a businesman it was usefull for busines to be a member of the party. and the ss was cruel to everyone, so germans were afraight. even the jews had no idea where they were sent to. the most executions of wehrmachtsoidiers were done to the end of the war. i hope your grandfahters came home in one piece from the battlefields. and remember, altough the holocaust was the worst crime against human mankind done by the german nazis, we are all humans and no angels and saints. by no way it should reduce the crimes (if you could so anyhow) or be forgotten, but we shouldnt forget that other people did crimes too. victims who sufferd aswell. if your beeing shot, gased, burnt or whatever it doenst matter. take the native americans or aborignies. anyway, back to topic. i wouldnt want ww2 aswell, overdone and too senstive for AC series.

itsamea-mario
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Definitely Hitler.

CLICHÉ AS BANANAS!!!

v

YuurHeen
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Connor.

andre982d
01-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Oda Nobunaga

TeamCoby
01-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Ezio Auditore da Firenze, for obvious reasons.

lothario-da-be
01-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Philippus II,Darius, Parmenion,Cleitos,Bucephalos,Hephestion and as the last target of the game ALEXANDER THE GREAT!

pacmanate
01-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Assassin_M

the_atm
01-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah, that would be a great idea, and with Rasputin's letters in witch he wrote things about the future that later came true, you could easly give him a POE that once belonged to a Mr. Nostradamus ;)
Shh! they will hear you! oh no it's to late... listen if you a Ubisoft van following you don't get in! they'll assassinate you for stealing their ideas!

lol umm you could do 3/4ths of the Ceasers from Rome because 3/4ths of them were assassinated lol

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Assassin_M

There is a knock on my door..

just a moment..

pacmanate
01-24-2013, 09:42 PM

just a moment..

My finger slipped when I wrote that...

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 09:43 PM
My finger slipped when I wrote that...

Assassin_M is not available right now...he is temporarily neutralized

MT4K
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM

just a moment..

Have a good day, Mr Assassin_M.... *Hangs up Phone*

Couldn't resist making the reference :D.

im3jia
01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
can TWCB be killed by regular people?

roostersrule2
01-24-2013, 10:17 PM
can TWCB be killed by regular people?They aren't real.

itsamea-mario
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
can TWCB be killed by regular people?

Don't see why not, they did have a war and stuff, it would be kind of pointless if we couldn't kill them.

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
They aren't real.

neither is Assassin_M

ACfan443
01-24-2013, 10:43 PM

That freaked me out. It's why I loved the glyphs.

Assassin_M
01-24-2013, 10:45 PM

I was hoping someone would catch on xD

pacmanate
01-24-2013, 10:53 PM
neither is Assassin_M

Does that mean Assassin_M is one of TWCB? Or a banana? OR A BANANA THAT CAME BEFORE?!

Rugterwyper32
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Almanzor (full name Abu Aamir Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abi Aamir, al-Hajib al-Mansur) would be a fantastic target, being the ruler of moorish Spain at its peak. He supposedly died of his wounds in the Battle of Calatañazor, but the ambiguity makes it all work.
Gustavus II Adolphus, for sure
Agustin de Iturbide would be a satisfying target if they ever went to Mexico

Escappa
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Does that mean Assassin_M is one of TWCB? Or a banana? OR A BANANA THAT CAME BEFORE?!

No! it means...the purple aliens with cowboyhats are coming to kill us with a army of zombie-mittens!!!!!!!! RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES'!!!

roostersrule2
01-24-2013, 11:06 PM
No! it means...the purple aliens with cowboyhats are coming to kill us with a army of zombie-mittens!!!!!!!! RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES'!!!I think I'm gonna be sick.

pacmanate
01-24-2013, 11:15 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick.

I legit threw up a bit in my mouth.

Escappa
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I legit threw up a bit in my mouth.

srry :/ I don't know why I wrote that... Seriously...NO IDEA