PDA

View Full Version : what was your favourite ending?

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 01:22 AM
thought it would be interesting to see what people's favourite ending was, vote in the poll and say why below :)

im keeping this just to console games.

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 01:30 AM
Where`s none ?

dxsxhxcx
01-20-2013, 01:38 AM
ancestor: I voted in ACR but the good part from the ending is from the moment Ezio opens the library to the moment right before he starts to speak with Desmond (Altair's last memory is also included)..

modern days: AC1

straty88
01-20-2013, 01:41 AM
AC1 for me, although Ezio entering the library in Revelations is one of my favourite moments in the series. However the present day stuff didn't really add much. AC3s ending with Connor was also decent imo, the last few memories summed up Connors journey well & just makes me want more Connor.

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Where`s none ?

i didnt think one was needed, guess if you didn't like any of the endings then pick the one you disliked the least maybe?

Assassin_M
01-20-2013, 02:05 AM
i didnt think one was needed, guess if you didn't like any of the endings then pick the one you disliked the least maybe?
I see where you`re going >_> but I wont vote:p I`ll just say here...

My least favorite ending was AC III`s Modern Portion. It lacked the proper amount of emotion or "element"...Something just felt missing

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 02:12 AM
i personally loved acr's ending both in the present and in the ancestor side of it, in terms of ancestor ending i would say its a tie between ac3 and acr, i loved connors ending but didnt like the modern ending as much which is why overall i like acr the most.

BATISTABUS
01-20-2013, 02:14 AM
I liked AC1's ending because I honestly didn't see it coming. The whole game was this pseudo-scifi realistic historical game, and then all of a sudden, Piece of Eden.

I voted for ACB because they made you kill her. You didn't want to, but you had to, no matter what you tried. Best use of QTE in any game ever.

FirestarLuva
01-20-2013, 02:41 AM
In terms of modern day, ACB, in terms of ancestor ending, AC3.

Black_Widow9
01-20-2013, 04:55 AM
I liked AC1's ending because I honestly didn't see it coming. The whole game was this pseudo-scifi realistic historical game, and then all of a sudden, Piece of Eden.

I voted for ACB because they made you kill her. You didn't want to, but you had to, no matter what you tried. Best use of QTE in any game ever.
My thoughts exactly. ;)

SixKeys
01-20-2013, 06:24 AM
ACB was such a mind****, gotta love it.

ProGamerX56
01-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Revelations, [I might be the only one who thought this] was the only ending that sparked any emotion [I mean the Desmond part], cos Lucy dyin' wasn't THAT emotional

ACfan443
01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I liked them all - apart from AC3.
My favourites are AC1 and AC2, I love a good mind-f*** , and getting a feeling of a bigger, mysterious underlying plot that's yet to happen. It builds anticipation immensely.
AC3's ending was just awful, it was like a carcass stripped of all its meat - no substance.

kuled2012
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
"Desmond?"

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
I can't say which of them all are my favorite endings, as for most shocking:ACB. Spoiler:When you have to kill Lucy, I thought she, Desmond, Shaun, and Rebecca would be in every AC (Until Desmonds end of course).

ajl992008
01-20-2013, 03:19 PM
in terms of plot twists/ mind f*cks: it was 100% acb's ending

in terms of emotion it was for me acr's ending

most exciting ending in terms of wanting to know what happens next is split between ac2/ac3

but overall i stand by acr, loved ezio's speech. wish that altair did a speech though but it kinda fit his character that he didnt, a mysterious character doing his duty without seeking recognition.

Kaschra
01-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Definately Revelations.
It was not a big cliffhanger like the other games, but it was so emotional and epic.
Ezio finding Altair's skelleton, Altair's last moments, Ezio's speech to Desmond, the first catastrophe - it's just amazing.

Last is AC3, while I like Connor's ending, the modern day ending is really really weak.

Chariflame
01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
ACII, in my opinion. The ending of the first game was a bit strange, but ACII was our first real taste of both the overarching TWCB plot and the "what the ****" (literally) endings that would follow in games to come. All of the happenings in the vault, and then the forlorn discussion between the moderns in the van while the credits rolled really set in the feeling of how serious things were getting in the plot without leaving too much of a cliffhanger like Brotherhood and Revelations did.

The ending with Altair and Ezio in Revelations was stunningly well done, though. That remains to be my favourite scene in the series.

POP1Fan
01-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Revelations is the best, with Brotherhood a close second. I loved Ezio giving up his Assassin life and I also enjoyed finally getting rid of Lucy, the worst character in the series :D

lothario-da-be
01-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Acr by far for me, acb's ending was good too, but acr's was far more emotional. And ac3 was one of the worst ending ever, the execution especialy.

leCarrot
01-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Same for me as for everyone else it seems:
AC:B's modern time ending made me really excited for the revelations in Revelations (ha), and Ezio's finale in ACR was the most emotional for me.

ToughGuy31
01-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Ironically, the worst game had the best ending.

Assassin_M
01-21-2013, 04:31 AM
the worst game
Typically, That`s your opinion...

ToughGuy31
01-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Typically, That`s your opinion...
Yeah, that's my opinion because I didn't like it, but my opinion on the end is great. My opinion on the AC 3 ending however......

Black_Widow9
01-21-2013, 04:35 AM
Ahem......

Assassin_M
01-21-2013, 05:12 AM
Ahem......
You seem a little off today

Black_Widow9
01-21-2013, 05:16 AM
You seem a little off today
What? Because I'm being nice. :p

Assassin_M
01-21-2013, 05:38 AM
What? Because I'm being nice. :p
SO what you`re saying is...........I should have a warning right now :|

rileypoole1234
01-21-2013, 05:43 AM
AC2 was the biggest WTF moment I've ever had in gaming so I'm going with that.

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Ironically, the worst game had the best ending.

thats your opinion so next time don't generalise in your post, IMO acb is the worst game but obviously not everyone is going to agree but I'm not generalising.

Sn1p3r-28
01-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Brotherhood... Dat cliffhanger.

IronEagl3
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
I voted AC1 because the ending was sort of shocking? That's not the word I want to use but I can't think of anything else. I just saw it really intense. Going back to Masyaf and it's all cloudy, everybody is acting like zombies, and at the time I (and I think others) had no idea what was going on and how they were being controlled. Then you go to the garden and then you understand. Killing Al-Mualim was sort of heart breaking. The intense music in the background playing then out of nowhere you kill him and music just stops, and you go into the conversation. Then when you look at the apple, you hear Al-Mualim talking. It was really really really moving. I loved it.

ajl992008
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
I voted AC1 because the ending was sort of shocking? That's not the word I want to use but I can't think of anything else. I just saw it really intense. Going back to Masyaf and it's all cloudy, everybody is acting like zombies, and at the time I (and I think others) had no idea what was going on and how they were being controlled. Then you go to the garden and then you understand. Killing Al-Mualim was sort of heart breaking. The intense music in the background playing then out of nowhere you kill him and music just stops, and you go into the conversation. Then when you look at the apple, you hear Al-Mualim talking. It was really really really moving. I loved it.

the animus conversation with al mualim was very good, a great moment in the game.

Jollydevil
01-22-2013, 05:09 AM
I just want to put this out there, because I finally took the time to beat the game, that I hated the ending to AC3. They summed things up between the assassins and Templars poorly, and they shouldve let me choose between the two possible endings. Though the historical ending was one of the better ones.

Assassin_M
01-22-2013, 05:15 AM
I just want to put this out there, because I finally took the time to beat the game, that I hated the ending to AC3. They summed things up between the assassins and Templars poorly, and they shouldve let me choose between the two possible endings. Though the historical ending was one of the better ones.
1- They didn't sum up anything between the Assassins and Templars..

2-AC never gave you a choice. AC was never about choice. It`s their story and there`s more. they can`t give you a choice..

Jollydevil
01-22-2013, 05:39 AM
1- They didn't sum up anything between the Assassins and Templars..

2-AC never gave you a choice. AC was never about choice. It`s their story and there`s more. they can`t give you a choice..
1- They basically said everything between the Templars and Assassins was meaningless.
2- I understand, but when youve got such a major plot point like that, between two of the most varying outcomes, at least give me the chance to change things, even if they both end in the same thing.
Otherwise, youve got some (like me) who hate the ending, because they dont agree with it, and some who love it.
The way they did it seems like a big "F*** you, I dont care".
Just my humble opinion :p

Assassin_M
01-22-2013, 05:41 AM
1- They basically said everything between the Templars and Assassins was meaningless.
2- I understand, but when youve got such a major plot point like that, between two of the most varying outcomes, at least give me the chance to change things, even if they both end in the same thing.
Otherwise, youve got some (like me) who hate the ending, because they dont agree with it, and some who love it.
1- No ? When did they say that ??
2- They cannot give you a chance to change things. If they did, they`d have to end the franchise, because they cannot continue....I understand you don't like it..fine, but you shouldn't have realistically expected a choice in AC

Turul.
01-22-2013, 05:58 AM
I liked revelations, it had nice closure and was fitting for ezio and altair, but th modern day story line was underwhelming, there was little they revealed that i didn't already know.

brotherhood was awesome. I loved letting cesare fall to his death, and desmond killing lucy was the biggest mind**** of them all.

it was just epic.

infamous_ezio
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
The way they did it seems like a big "F*** you, I dont care".
Just my humble opinion :p

1. No they didn't, you obviously didn't pay any attention to the game at all.. they never say it was meaningless, they said over and over again that assassins and templars will always exist, some want to control, and some want to be free.. this is an undeniable truth presented both in the present and past. How is that meaningless? a fight for freedom vs a fight for control... I think what you're getting confused with is when minerva said "you have wasted centuries" - the out come she wanted was that the templars and assassin's join forces and help one another to save the world, if this happened there would be unity in the present.. no templars or assassins.. this is a happy ending which just isn't possible, there will Always be conflict between both sides.

2. If you had a choice, the story in the next game would make no sense, they know where they want the story to go, it isn't finished yet.

infamous_ezio
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
definitely brotherhood. I still remember that moment, december 8th 2010 5am... i sat there jaw open, looking right at the screen thinking "what.."

SuperLoboMau 25
01-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Revelations, not only the best ending, but the AC game with more philosophical phrases like "My story is one of many thousands and the world will not suffer if it ends to soon" and others.

montagemik
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
AC Revelations , was the only ending that had any impact for me.

roostersrule2
01-23-2013, 07:40 AM
ACR, not only one of my favourite AC moments but one of my favourite gaming moments.

kuled2012
01-23-2013, 07:47 AM
-AC never gave you a choice. AC was never about choice. It`s their story and there`s more. they can`t give you a choice..

Exactly! I was playing a game Deus Ex and it gave me 3 possible endings...I chose the first one, then they made a sequel to the game and the game's like "No! screw you this is the ending you had to choose" It's stupid to have multiple endings to a story game.

Assassin_M
01-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Exactly! I was playing a game Deus Ex and it gave me 3 possible endings...I chose the first one, then they made a sequel to the game and the game's like "No! screw you this is the ending you had to choose" It's stupid to have multiple endings to a story game.
Especially when the story is not resolved and there`s more..

Like GTA IV for example. That GTA story line cannot have a direct sequel, because it has 2 endings and both have huge plot impacts...

To your example, it`s a pretty good one. I prefer them choosing than me choosing and getting screwed either way in the sequel

roostersrule2
01-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Exactly! I was playing a game Deus Ex and it gave me 3 possible endings...I chose the first one, then they made a sequel to the game and the game's like "No! screw you this is the ending you had to choose" It's stupid to have multiple endings to a story game.Mass Effect does it pretty well.

predatorpulse7
01-23-2013, 08:06 AM
All of them are pretty bad but if I had to pick then I guess Revelations would be it because we see the end of Ezio's journey, his understanding that he was only a conduit for something far greater than himself, and that awesome Altair-Ezio moment.