PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Next-gen game?

greenBV4
01-18-2013, 06:09 AM
If what ive heard about next gen consoles being released this year are true (well ive heard the Xbox [no numbers after!] will be annouced at gdc and released at e3) Assassin's Creed 4 or whatever its called could be a next-gen console game!. now doesnt this mean that it opens up lots of room for improving the game?? an idea i recently thought of was maybe having the Early Brittish Empire and being able to travel between all the nations within it like Australia, Canada, India, UK, and the various island. If this could happen the game could include many different landscapes from tropical to snow to colonial towns to big cities and also an opportunity for many many hours of gameplay both missions and exploring! leave your thought below please!! :) no hate.

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 06:13 AM
Are you talking about the game coming next year or the one that will be released later ?? Because if it`s the one next year, you can forgot multiple landscapes and all that...

Also, I don't think multiple landscapes or many many places of exploration can improve an over all game experience...

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 06:19 AM
Are you talking about the game coming next year or the one that will be released later ?? Because if it`s the one next year, you can forgot multiple landscapes and all that...

Also, I don't think multiple landscapes or many many places of exploration can improve an over all game experience...
Next year?

Assassin_M
01-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Next year?
This Year -__-

Damm this Human creation...

ProletariatPleb
01-18-2013, 06:25 AM
This Year -__-

Damm this Human creation...
Lawl.

Yeah next game assuming it's gonna be current(which it should) won't have much, I think AC3 showed the limits of this gen. I just hope for a good game.

Locopells
01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Then again, they might make it PC only, and really go for it...then port it when the consoles catch up...

I can dream...

RinoTheBouncer
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM

When it comes to a new AC game, I really don't know what to think because if they're to create a Brotherhood and Revelations like games for ACIII it would sort of feel out of place since they released a box set 'AC:Anthology' where you "experience the AC saga". However, I don't know if they're planning on letting go of Connor so fast or maybe use another ancestor that will somehow continue Connor's story and the events after Juno's release.

I do think that if they're planning any major release, it would be on PS4, would be a GREAT launch title with various new mechanics, landscapes and features. I'm hoping for something beyond just super-awesome graphics (which is also essential for me). But as you said, an improvement on the overall game experience.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Even they announce new consoles this year they probably will be released next year what means we can have 2 AC to this generation, anyway I'm almost certain they won't be AC4, but a continuation of Connor's story.

Mr_Shade
01-18-2013, 02:00 PM
oooh rumours..

don't you love them?

[grabs cocoa]

UrDeviant1
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
PS4 has been confirmed for a christmas 2013 release

not.

catkiller97
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
5 AC's this gen signify a successful franchise.

I agree with sidspyker AC3 really showed us the last point of this gen....

ajl992008
01-18-2013, 10:42 PM
I really want another connor game this year and then a full blown ac4 in 2014 in a new time period, I have a feeling we will play Desmond's dad so they will ignore the present day in terms of gameplay (continue with reading emails and stuff like that) and out all resources into Connor, that would make sense I think.

andreja110s
01-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Then again, they might make it PC only, and really go for it...then port it when the consoles catch up...

I can dream...

Ah, the dreams we PC gamers have...

Since the new gen consoles are going to be released this year, I suppose the nex AC game will be made for those...

ajl992008
01-19-2013, 01:10 AM
I really hope they choose a really diverse and rich setting this time around, don't get me wrong ac3 was great but I just didnt like the setting as much as I would have done with other settings, the gameplay was amazing , with the next game after another Connor game they need to choose the next setting wisely, china, France, England,somewhere completely unique that has deep urban parts where we can do good city free running unlike ac3 where the free running in cities kids sucked.

RinoTheBouncer
01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
I guess we need to have a PS4 AC game that has the Assassin take advantage of what was given but not completed in AC3 and the others. We've seen huge cities in AC2, primitive ones in AC1, towers, beautiful yet different kind of architecture in AC:R (whether in new Masyaf or Constantinople) and tombs, we've also seen beautiful landscapes and wilds in AC3. So why not have a new AC game that features an assassin who uses the ships introduced in AC3 to travel from one continent to another?In this case, the backgrounds will differ, the scenery, the architecture, the people, the kind of missions, and of course the length of the game itself will be massive. It will also make a huge open-world game after you finish the story. I also love to have an open-world play in modern times (even if limited) but not the extremely linear Desmond missions. I loved them and I wished I could go to other places, annoy people in streets, climb buildings and do extra missions and researches specially now that Juno is free in the modern world so that makes a huge point for this exploration idea.