PDA

View Full Version : India regional soaps stealing your tunes Ubisoft..

pirate1802
01-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Today morning I noticed Bengali (which is a local language here in India) show playing the track "Homestead" from Assassins Creed III in a supposedly emotional scene. Again, just a few minutes from now I heard the track "Fight Club" from AC III again, playing on a show on the same channel. I'm 99.3% sure they didn't license those tracks, so can they be sued? If so, please do so.

I didn't notice the show the first time, but the second time it was "Care Kori Na" On the channel "Star Jalasa". They are notorious for copying other video game tracks too.

..Just bringing it to your notice, as a loyal AC fan. Hope the mods pass it on to the appropriate people. :P

paramjitn7
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=pirate1802;8877970]Today morning I noticed Bengali (which is a local language here in India) show playing the track "Homestead" from Assassins Creed III in a supposedly emotional scene. Again, just a few minutes from now I heard the track "Fight Club" from AC III again, playing on a show on the same channel. I'm 99.3% sure they didn't license those tracks, so can they be sued? If so, please do so.
I CONFIRM OF THIS

kuled2012
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Tsk tsk.

LoyalACFan
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
They sound like the Kid Rock of Indian television. Ripping off other people's songs and passing them off as their own.

dewgel
01-17-2013, 07:19 PM
They sound like the Kid Rock of Indian television. Ripping off other people's songs and passing them off as their own.

Or FloRida. Every song he does is just the original but with him rapping over it.

Also, I know it's not copying and was probably licensed, but here in the UK Nissan used the AC Revelations E3 Cinematic trailer music (Woodkid, Iron).. haha! It was so weird seeing it used there. Funnily enough they used it around Revelation's release, which had the trailer on in IMAX Cinemas

BATISTABUS
01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
This is interesting. Can you try to get a recording of this somehow?

ProletariatPleb
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
LMFAO show this when you can.

FirestarLuva
01-17-2013, 07:54 PM
What the...?
I should better keep an eye out on the indian soaps broadcasting in my country as well. XD

shobhit7777777
01-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Want a mind****?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4-une1aPQ

Remind you of a certain ACR track?

Check the release date of the song BTW.

Oh and I can confirm that a lot of Indian shows use soundtracks from films and games....Just heard the OST form Batman Begins being played on a news show.
You should shrug it off..consider this as a form of flattery and chill out.

What the...?
I should better keep an eye out on the indian soaps broadcasting in my country as well. XD

You guys watch that stuff?

FirestarLuva
01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Want a mind****?

Oh and I can confirm that a lot of Indian shows use soundtracks from films and games....Just heard the OST form Batman Begins being played on a news show.

Hardly. I only watch them because I find them ridiculous and funny, juts to pass the time when I'm bored. My mom does watch them and like it or not I listen to the songs they play all the time. The chants are so loud you can't miss them. XD

shobhit7777777
01-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Hardly. I only watch them because I find them ridiculous and funny, juts to pass the time when I'm bored. My mom does watch them and like it or not I listen to the songs they play all the time. The chants are so loud you can't miss them. XD

*shrugs*

Mums..eh....gotta love em.

One question...do they translate well? I mean..there would be some serious cultural gaps..right? And are they dubbed?

InfectedNation
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Bahahahahahahahahaha :')

IceHot100
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Want a mind****?

Obviously Fanaa was released way before ACR. But it would be great if you tell me which AC track it resembles? I'm not sure though, but is it the one when you are near mosques or something?

nitres15
01-17-2013, 09:54 PM
over here in sweden there was some kind of cooking show that used the track "heart" from AC2, it felt so weird hearing it from a show like that

FirestarLuva
01-17-2013, 10:35 PM
*shrugs*

Mums..eh....gotta love em.

One question...do they translate well? I mean..there would be some serious cultural gaps..right? And are they dubbed?

No, not dubbed. That'd be awful! XD
The translation is fine. My language has similar words with indian, so it's not that hard to translate. Though they are slow-paced as hell! For ex. when an emotional scene happens and someone is crying you can go to the store, have dinner, talk with your friend on the phone and come back and she would still be doing the same thing! XD Me and my family just laughed at one episode during dinner. Half of the episode was a guy walking toward a girl sitting on the shore and once he reached her, cut, commercials. Once they end, you have the exact same scene all over again (him walking toward her) but from a different angle. XD You gotta have some nerve watching them. They have over 500 episodes. But the real thing is when someone slaps another person. The effects there are, outstanding! Even in cartoons the sound is more realistic. Worse, so much fussing and gasping over a slap. Honestly, if AC was an indian show, the first half of the episode would be Altair/Ezio/Connor air assassinating someone, killing them and the other half being people gasping and screaming. AC3 CGI Trailer = 50 indian episodes.