PDA

View Full Version : Horse Whistle Always Disappears

Bad213Boy
01-16-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when you select Horse Whistle on your secondary slot it will always change to a weapon once you've mounted the horse. It's extremely annoying when you're constantly mounting and unmount. I wish Ubisoft would patch this so that it stays on the selection no matter what. You should be able to have full control how you want your tool & weapons.

bveUSbve
01-16-2013, 07:18 AM
I too found this to be annoying. Seems they didn't really play-test their game - or there wasn't enough time to improve a lot of little annoying details like this one -, otherwise such deficits in functionality shouldn't happen with a capable developer...

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
It is not only the horse whistle. Every time I fast travel somewhere my weapon selection changes to some kind of default setting. For example, if I have chosen hidden blade as my weapon and smoke bombs as my tool, next thing I know once I arrive, let's say, in Boston, my weapon is being changed automatically to tomahawk and the tool to something else, don't recall exactly what. Exactly the same happens after cinematics. I start with the hidden blade and after cinematics have ended I am back to tomahawk.

Just stop it! It is just stupid and irritating. I don't want the game to make decisions for me!

GalakFyarr
01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
never happened to me. If I assign the Horse whistle to 4, it stays on 4.

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 11:07 AM
It is not about the weapon/tool assigned to a specific key, but rather about the game changing your current selections.

Anykeyer
01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
For me it looks like bad but intentional feature. Since you cant use whistle while being on a horse it changes to a "more usefull" stuff (usually pistol).

Ferrith
01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Ah, yes. You are quite right, Anykeyer. The "default" weapon is pistol. Thanks for reminding me. :)
However, I have to strongly disagree with Ubisoft. The game shouldn't make any decisions for me.

Bad213Boy
01-16-2013, 08:51 PM
For me it looks like bad but intentional feature. Since you cant use whistle while being on a horse it changes to a "more usefull" stuff (usually pistol).

True, but you can't use your sword while riding horseback either, why can that be equipped and stay on the selection then? Really stupid IMO.

I don't understand why developers don't get it, we want more control period. People have always hated being told what they should or shouldn't have.

SkidmarksDeluxe
01-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah it gets frustrating. I always have to buy snares & bait after I've completed a mission. My smoke bombs were also confiscated sometime during the game & the game never gave me the option to repurchase them, It's probably a bug. I remember in the previous titles every time Ezio took a pee I'd have to repurchase his parachutes. I don't know if it was done intentionally or not but it was very silly & pointless if it was intentional..

Ferrith
01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
The parachute bug was just this, a bug they never fixed.