PDA

View Full Version : Ziio and Achilles' relationship, was she an assassin?

FirestarLuva
01-15-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdzELtveS5s

Ubi, y u no put this in-game!
Not that a big revelation but I thought it would be nice to post it here.
Before Connor leaves the village the Clan Mother tells him to find the one who helped his mother. Also it is revealed how Connor learned to speak english.
It's from the same person who posted Connor's deleted epilogue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
In the description it says there are more Achilles'/Connor conversations. Hope one of them is how Connor knew about his father.
If there ever is novelization of AC3 in Connor's POV, I hope all this deleted stuff is included.

pacmanate
01-15-2013, 04:52 PM
So she was just an ally and a friend according to the dialogue.

kuled2012
01-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Was going to start on this, I bet there is so much more dialouge like this taken out, specifically about Haytham :mad:

lothario-da-be
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Was going to start on this, I bet there is so much more dialouge like this taken out, specifically about Haytham :mad:
A shame, we would be a lot more intersted in his mother with this dialogue. The same with the deleted Haytham "speach' , Connor would have some more character development with it.

cmrggamer
01-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks for posting this! I was wondering about her relationship with Achilles.

I always wanted Ziio to be an assassin. She's definitely one of my favorite AC characters. :)

It's a pity they didn't include so much of this stuff. I also found it strange that they didn't make some of the last homestead missions with Achilles part of the main story, but that's just my opinion. There are several points in the game where these kinds of dialogues could have added so much.

ze_topazio
01-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Do you think an Assassin would die in the lame way she did?

AssassinVenice
01-15-2013, 11:16 PM
We can thank the almighty DVD for not letting Ubi include ALL of their recorder dialogues into the game. :mad:

SixKeys
01-15-2013, 11:18 PM

There was an assassin recruit in Project Legacy who was trapped in a fire and died. Not sure how it's a "lame" way to die.

SaintPerkele
01-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Yeah, burning alive sure is a lame way to die unlike falling asleep on a seat like Altair, Ezio and Achilles, right?

Gabe248
01-16-2013, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdzELtveS5s

Ubi, y u no put this in-game!
Not that a big revelation but I thought it would be nice to post it here.
Before Connor leaves the village the Clan Mother tells him to find the one who helped his mother. Also it is revealed how Connor learned to speak english.
It's from the same person who posted Connor's deleted epilogue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
In the description it says there are more Achilles'/Connor conversations. Hope one of them is how Connor knew about his father.
If there ever is novelization of AC3 in Connor's POV, I hope all this deleted stuff is included.

Interesting theory...

SuperLoboMau 25
01-16-2013, 01:25 AM
There is a page in database of AC3 (the Achilles' if I'm not deceived) that says there is no register of another assassin native american before Connor.

FirestarLuva
01-16-2013, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=SuperLoboMau 25;8874348]There is a page in database of AC3 (the Achilles' if I'm not deceived) that says there is no register of another assassin native american before Connor.[/QUOTE

I think it says that Connor is the first native american to join the assassins. Ziio was just an ally.
Also, new Achilles/Connor conversation will be posted soon where teen Connor talks about Haytham according to the guy's tumblr.

jenyto
01-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Scanned directly from the encyclopedia!

There are some inconsistency in these info with those of Forsaken (like how she left Haytham) So read this text in the POV of an Assassin trying to document stuff.
http://content.screencast.com/users/jeto/folders/Jing/media/f58b6a22-cc94-4306-bd0e-ead6c8ebcf13/2013-01-15_1953.png

Jexx21
01-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Connor knew about Haytham because he read his mothers journal. Remember that book we saw him reading at the beginning of Sequence 4? Right before we saw that we had a monologue from Ziio which recalled events after Connors birth, which means that we could of only knew about her thoughts on that subject if Connor knew them.

Kaschra
01-16-2013, 02:25 AM

There are some inconsistency in these info with those of Forsaken (like how she left Haytham) So read this text in the POV of an Assassin trying to document stuff.
http://content.screencast.com/users/jeto/folders/Jing/media/f58b6a22-cc94-4306-bd0e-ead6c8ebcf13/2013-01-15_1953.png
Wait... born 1728? Her in-game entry says she was born 1731. Now I don't know what is right.

Is Dobby Carter included in the encyclopedia? If yes, does it still state her birthdate as 1736?

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the scan! I guess the inconsistencies with Forsaken arise because of the fact that it's non-canon, right?
Honestly, after reading that I wonder how Haytham would have reacted if she had told him...

@Jexx21: I've been meaning to ask whose journal that was, and that makes so much sense! I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier. lol. Thanks :)

FirestarLuva
01-16-2013, 02:28 AM

Interesting info, thanks! :D
So she learned to speak english from the assassins? Seems she had known them for quite some time. Maybe Achilles trained her when she was younger? That would explain how she could do a Leap of Faith.

jenyto
01-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the scan! I guess the inconsistencies with Forsaken arise because of the fact that it's non-canon, right?
Honestly, after reading that I wonder how Haytham would have reacted if she had told him...

I just read the Haytham profile, which was consistent to the book (she made him leave). So seems that only Ziio's is inconsistent (she left out of fear?).

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 04:08 AM
I just read the Haytham profile, which was consistent to the book (she made him leave). So seems that only Ziio's is inconsistent (she left out of fear?).

Hmm, that's interesting. I have another question for you: Assuming you've read it, would you recommend Forsaken? I've been considering reading it for some time now.

jenyto
01-16-2013, 05:39 AM
I recommend it, you learn how he came to be a Templar and some of his thoughts on when he learns of Connor.

The only complaint I have is that there's not much additional dialogue to scenes already in the game, and it does make some actions different.
Like when they were in the Winery on fire, in game it was Connor that pushed Haytham out of harm of the explosion, while in the book, it's Haytham.
Also, it makes no mention of some events that should have been important, like there is no mention of the Boston Massacre (heck, the first Templar meeting since 1755 is right after the Tea Party), nor about the Attack on the Colonial Assassins that made Achilles give up.
Anyway, you do get insight on what Haytham though of the other templars like Johnson and Lee which was rather nice.

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 05:57 AM
I recommend it, you learn how he came to be a Templar and some of his thoughts on when he learns of Connor.

The only complaint I have is that there's not much additional dialogue to scenes already in the game, and it does make some actions different.
Like when they were in the Winery on fire, in game it was Connor that pushed Haytham out of harm of the explosion, while in the book, it's Haytham.
Also, it makes no mention of some events that should have been important, like there is no mention of the Boston Massacre (heck, the first Templar meeting since 1755 is right after the Tea Party), nor about the Attack on the Colonial Assassins that made Achilles give up.
Anyway, you do get insight on what Haytham though of the other templars like Johnson and Lee which was rather nice.

Ooh okay, that's too bad that so many potentially good parts were left out. Well, thank you for your response! :)

jenyto
01-16-2013, 06:12 AM
You can get it for fairly cheap here: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Forsaken-Oliver-Bowden/9780425261514
Free shipping too.

Toa TAK
01-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Another awesome tidbit of deleted content. I wish the little things were kept in here. I sincerely hope they weren't worried about the story's length. I mean, we can skip the cut scenes, and most of us here are for the story as well.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Where do you get these files from?I find none in the ac3 installed game folder.And Connor is the first assassin(Native americano) according to Shaun.

I-Like-Pie45
01-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Seeing the things Ubisoft cut like the relationship between Achilles and Connor's mother, young Connor's opinions on his father, and Connor's epilogue speech makes me wonder if Ubisoft is aware of something called character development.:(

AjinkyaParuleka
01-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Does the Forsaken book has colorful pages?(not white and black).I am planning to buy one since my exams are completed.

pacmanate
01-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Did anyone see my comment? She wasn't an Assassin but an ALLY. Achilles said so.

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
You can get it for fairly cheap here: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Forsaken-Oliver-Bowden/9780425261514
Free shipping too.

Thanks for the link! :)

I honestly feel like AC3 needed to be longer to really tell its story and that a lot was cut out making the story not flow as well. I wonder if Ubi ran out of time to polish up a lot of things and as a result had to cut them from the final game. I really wish there had been more interaction between Achilles and Connor.

Also, can someone give me a link to the video of young Connor talking about Haytham or has it not been released yet?

I also have a random question that came up when I was reading Ziio's biography: Was Connor conceived after Haytham returned to Boston and made Charles Lee a Templar? Because, wouldn't we have stayed with Ziio instead of following Haytham (reflecting on the dream in AC2). Or am I missing something?

jenyto
01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Does the Forsaken book has colorful pages?(not white and black).I am planning to buy one since my exams are completed.

It's a novel, only text.

jenyto
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I also have a random question that came up when I was reading Ziio's biography: Was Connor conceived after Haytham returned to Boston and made Charles Lee a Templar? Because, wouldn't we have stayed with Ziio instead of following Haytham (reflecting on the dream in AC2). Or am I missing something?
Not actually sure to be honest, but after charles was made a Templar, Haytham spent some time (at least 4 days with only her in the wilderness) with Ziio much to Lee's frustration. So it could have been then.

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Not actually sure to be honest, but after charles was made a Templar, Haytham spent some time (at least 4 days with only her in the wilderness) with Ziio much to Lee's frustration. So it could have been then.

Oh really? That would actually make sense!

SaintPerkele
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
That bothered me too. Also, you relive Ziio's memories while she's talking about Connor. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever :|

InfectedNation
01-16-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't think the encyclopedia and novel contradict each other....

cmrggamer
01-16-2013, 09:35 PM
That bothered me too. Also, you relive Ziio's memories while she's talking about Connor. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever :|

I don't know if you missed Jexxx's post earlier, but he suggested that we were living Connor's memories and that what Ziio was saying was in her journal that Connor is reading in that first cutscene, which I thought was a clever deduction :)

SaintPerkele
01-16-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't know if you missed Jexxx's post earlier, but he suggested that we were living Connor's memories and that what Ziio was saying was in her journal that Connor is reading in that first cutscene, which I thought was a clever deduction :)
Yup, missed it, sorry :) That makes sense indeed.