PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming change - Throne of Renewal

Aza404
01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Dear champions,

After reading all you many many posts about the fortune card Throne of Renewal, the developer team have been working hard to find the best solution to the problems it was causing.
Very soon we will add a condition to this card so that no fortune card can be played after this card has been used! Hopefully, this will help solve the issues you have been reporting to us.

Why do I say "very soon"?
Now that the game has got it's own dedicated Apple application, we need to submit any change we wish to implement in the game to the Apple review board first. This means that the changes could come very soon if all goes well!
More info soon...

Enjoy,
Aza and the Doc Team

hydramarine
01-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Cool.

I feel Broken Bridges will see a rise in play after this change.

Uraxor
01-15-2013, 11:06 AM
It still allows the Throne + Prison lock, you just play Prison first?
And then Prison and another, and double Wasteland and several Towers ... and we are where we were? Kinda afraid of that :X

Still, good to hear things are moving at last, hope it will be for the best!

dimkout
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM
It still allows the Throne + Prison lock, you just play Prison first?
And then Prison and another, and double Wasteland and several Towers ... and we are where we were? Kinda afraid of that :X

Still, good to hear things are moving at last, hope it will be for the best!

If u play prison first, throne will remove it aswell

Uraxor
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
If u play prison first, throne will remove it aswell

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1FpaEG1BYtS1syt71JoitDWR3VKuUy ct6DkfdknAkHLFDQjkyIQ

Yeah, bloody Throne. Good riddance.

Werolt
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
But you can still gain res from caverns etc. and after playing throne swarm your enemy with creatures...

Harmbringer
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
...and Prison next turn

Karstou33
01-15-2013, 11:32 AM
I just have one question, it's just why best spells cost 6 magic and best destiny only 5 ?

That's all, throne just need a delete imo xd

Matrix.disc
01-15-2013, 12:14 PM
That will change almost nothing. There will be a shift from Cassandra Throne-Prison to Siegfried DA-Prison who doesn't even need Thrones. Very bad, shallow decision. If changing cards comes with such a big delay/is such a big problem, then changing them half-as*edly is a huge crime, since it makes you break the rule "no card changing" and solves nothing.

I am really disappointed with the "change".

Forcebringer
01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
That will change almost nothing. There will be a shift from Cassandra Throne-Prison to Siegfried DA-Prison who doesn't even need Thrones. Very bad, shallow decision. If changing cards comes with such a big delay/is such a big problem, then changing them half-as*edly is a huge crime, since it makes you break the rule "no card changing" and solves nothing.

i agree, prison decks will rulez as always :)

LordMaldazar
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Agree here too, this will indeed make the Throne/Tower combo harder/less used, but any of the other combo's will still work...

I still think that the biggest problems are:

1. Prison: It not only creates the possibility to do some very strong combo's (the prison DA builds) but I think we can all agree that it is a very big negative play experience.

2. No counter to Atlar of Shadow: Serious, Tree of Truth should be neutral.. and probably even only 1 fortune...

3. Crystal Cavern: Basicly all combo decks abuse the 'infinite' resource that crystal cavern provides... I'm not against resource rising.. but the term 'Double' is not right.. it makes it too easy to greatly increase your resource making it possible to use kind of all hand in one turn.. please, put some limit (max. +5/6 resource?) or something like that...

4. Give MAGIC some sort of counter to fortunes.. I mean, right now fortune just counters everything and magic is totaly useless.. the game should be changed to Might and Fortune.. because magic basicly became useless.. You CAN'T go up in might/magic AND in fortune.. and because fortune is the all counter you basicly see only might/fortune decks now...

Anyway, this is my oppinion.. I'm happy that SOME action is being taken, but it's too few to make a real big diference..

Le.Rancord
01-15-2013, 12:53 PM
the change is good, and it kills cas (there is a still possibillity to do it with brokens, but stoneshield is sure win now, and it will be so much worse), and takes a tool from siegfried.

Still Siegfried will dominate like he has for dunno how long now. Without a change to prison or ressource massing sieg will be still best deck out there. The only reason why it didnt dominate since start, is because ppl needed to accquire the cards first and find out how insanly good it actually is.

Still a Part gets fixed and thats a step forward. Just folow up with the Prison or whatever you have in plan super soon. In best case in the same update (as far as I understood Aza, the bugfix/patch/update isnt ready yet).

ValerioB80
01-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Agree here too, this will indeed make the Throne/Tower combo harder/less used, but any of the other combo's will still work...

I still think that the biggest problems are:

1. Prison: It not only creates the possibility to do some very strong combo's (the prison DA builds) but I think we can all agree that it is a very big negative play experience.

2. No counter to Atlar of Shadow: Serious, Tree of Truth should be neutral.. and probably even only 1 fortune...

3. Crystal Cavern: Basicly all combo decks abuse the 'infinite' resource that crystal cavern provides... I'm not against resource rising.. but the term 'Double' is not right.. it makes it too easy to greatly increase your resource making it possible to use kind of all hand in one turn.. please, put some limit (max. +5/6 resource?) or something like that...

4. Give MAGIC some sort of counter to fortunes.. I mean, right now fortune just counters everything and magic is totaly useless.. the game should be changed to Might and Fortune.. because magic basicly became useless.. You CAN'T go up in might/magic AND in fortune.. and because fortune is the all counter you basicly see only might/fortune decks now...

Anyway, this is my oppinion.. I'm happy that SOME action is being taken, but it's too few to make a real big diference..

Totally agree.

1. The card to change is Prison

3. Double would be ok if you could not use more than 1 cavern in 1 turn

4. Absolutely right, if fortune counters magic magic should counter fortune

Griffith_ots
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you Aza. We well understand that you care about this game and this community.

Bravo for the fix with Throne. But I agree with Maldazar. Need to nerf Prison, and remove Cavern in the upcoming patch as well for the sake of the whole community. The change to Tree of truth can wait.

I think my game account will keep being idle for a while :)

hydramarine
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
4. Absolutely right, if fortune counters magic magic should counter fortune
This is why color pies exist in other TCG games. And they commit to it.

Fortunes in this game provide all sorts of things, but primarily they provide great hand control. All discard cards, Wasteland, Prison, Avalanche, Pillage, Tower, Throne are meant to control your opponent's hand.

Spells provide battlefield control in DoC. Therefore, spells should be able to deal with fortunes on the battleground (yes Altar of Shadows, I am looking at you)

You can trump magic through destiny by locking your opponent's hand.

You should be able to beat fortune decks by controlling the battlefield with magic.

At the moment, the identities and roles of fortunes and spells are not clear. And they should be seriously balanced.

Aza404
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all the constructive feedback guys!
As always, I'm passing this on to the devs.

Best,
Aza

WalkingHawking
01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Yesterday i was thinking about a similar fix to the Throne/Prison/Tower problem... i found that this condition should be added to Throne of Renewal and Prison cards.
"Play only if you haven't played a Fortune card this turn. You cannot play another Fortune card this turn."
It was late night tho, so it may have some cons i didn't think of.

Edit: I'm glad to hear that something is being done about this annoying unbalance, although i don't think your solution will actually fix the problem.

cajun2de
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
might be a little off-topic, but would hand size/limit be considered?

r3tsa
01-15-2013, 05:09 PM
As most people I'm not convinced for it to be enough.

leonid1995927
01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
This is why color pies exist in other TCG games. And they commit to it.

Fortunes in this game provide all sorts of things, but primarily they provide great hand control. All discard cards, Wasteland, Prison, Avalanche, Pillage, Tower, Throne are meant to control your opponent's hand.

Spells provide battlefield control in DoC. Therefore, spells should be able to deal with fortunes on the battleground (yes Altar of Shadows, I am looking at you)

You can trump magic through destiny by locking your opponent's hand.

You should be able to beat fortune decks by controlling the battlefield with magic.

At the moment, the identities and roles of fortunes and spells are not clear. And they should be seriously balanced.

I agree with this.

QFT.

Elementalist.
01-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Without a change to prison or ressource massing sieg will be still best deck out there. The only reason why it didnt dominate since start, is because ppl needed to accquire the cards first and find out how insanly good it actually is.

Still a Part gets fixed and thats a step forward. Just folow up with the Prison or whatever you have in plan super soon. In best case in the same update (as far as I understood Aza, the bugfix/patch/update isnt ready yet).
This. Multiplying your resource value by 4 times or so by consecutive caverns is a major faced of the problem, it is what allows a prison deck to both play prison AND flood the battlefield with his units. Or clear 3-4 lines with broken bridge before playing prison. Prison is fine, what is not fine is also clearing the opponent's battlefield and flooding yours with units at the same time.

Zyxess
01-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Well, that's certainly a step in the right direction. It doubt it solves much, but any step towards a solution is welcome by me.

Also, LOL @ Apple/Microsoft certification. *rolleyes*

hydramarine
01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Also, LOL @ Apple/Microsoft certification. *rolleyes*
That's why I love PC and Steam over any console and their regulatory bodies for content.

You can release 2 patches for PC version in 2 days. In other consoles, that's not possible. Cause they are going to inspect them first.

Quequetos
01-15-2013, 08:53 PM
If it was my card game, problems would be solved in less than 24 hours. I can say that because I have made a card game. THIS is taking way too long.

Mabufudyne
01-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Good. Cassandra should not be allowed to exist in Duel of Siegfrieds.

C4r-n4ge
01-16-2013, 04:51 AM
I can see that someone really don't like my Cassandra/Towe deck making it useless... I'm very dissapointed :( It looks like I would have to play this ugly Siegfried :p

Elementalist.
01-16-2013, 09:26 AM
In fact.. maybe we should make throne of renewal work like week of knowledge? That is make it impossible to play ANY card after using it. Clearing the whole board for 5 resource is a fairly good deal by itself. Of course.. one can cast prison and THEN throne of renewal right? Still you would not be able to flood your side of the field with units.

Le.Rancord
01-16-2013, 09:40 AM
if u cast prison before throne, it will be sent back to your hand as well.

Ipwnfour
01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Good. Cassandra should not be allowed to exist in Duel of Siegfrieds.

LOL :D

On topic: Agree with what has been said (for longer than this thread actually): Prison could use the same treatment as Throne.

However, if you 'destroy' unlimited resources, most combo decks will be destroyed with it. I'm not saying I like the ease of which Haven can boost their resources on t6-7 and play their entire deck. I'm just pointing out that when dealing with this, it'll also hurt other combo decks.

Thanisse
01-16-2013, 02:42 PM

exactly this ... this change doesn't answer the resources to 200 and draw your whole deck while playing other cards to obtain same effect .
it's a good start , but I feel more things should be looked at (like that double resources card ... and a few others )

I feel if this change would be applied to more fortunes , it would actually balance them nicely .

Dr_Troione
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM

Yeah, people seem to forget that Prison decks were OP before Void expansion as well (or almost), and counters introduced by the expansion are so poor...

And talking of Throne, if it was primarily meant to be a last resource to be used in desperate situations (as said by mods in another post), why didn't they made it a unique fortune?

zzfab2012
01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Stupid change. Even without Throne the best deck is almost the same (as before..)
Stupid devs. Greedy Ubisoft. Stupid game. No fun to play.

Uraxor
01-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah, people seem to forget that Prison decks were OP before Void expansion as well (or almost), and counters introduced by the expansion are so poor...

And talking of Throne, if it was primarily meant to be a last resource to be used in desperate situations (as said by mods in another post), why didn't they made it a unique fortune?

Stupid change. Even without Throne the best deck is almost the same (as before..)

:rolleyes:

Frrfrr
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
honestly, i dont know why they do it like that. they should know that having more happy players + community evenmore in game start up is much better then one shot profit
and i am pretty sure they may balance it and they know how to do it
i wonder what is real reason behind it. you named some of the options, but i am not sure if there is not some other, try to guess which one :)

Uraxor
01-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Can the follow up be urgent, please?
Ideally with the Throne change!

I've played ~15 tourney games right now:
9 Siegfrieds - before Throne nerf already, half of them not even playing with it anymore.
4 Cassandras/Sandalphones running 'good old' Throne ****.
2 Inferno counter-Throne decks.

Very healthy environment, isn't it?
Not to mention, TOP10 is from bigger part decided by a card pool, rather than by a skill.
:mad:

zzfab2012
01-17-2013, 09:13 AM
i wonder what is real reason behind it.
They want to earn a lot of money so they want stupid players. So they let live an unkillable super OP expensive deck (many x4 epics).
And they expect stupid players will buy cards to build this deck to win.
PAY TO WIN. but also ATTRACT STUPID PLAYERS ( Payers) and REJECT GOOD PLAYERS ( they don't like stupid players and stupid OP deck)

Ollathair
01-17-2013, 09:29 AM

Same for me. More half game with prison/throne.

After patch, we will see altar/preatoran/throne to gain turn with no loose hp, then broken bridges/DA/prison. Oh yeah, very attractive game ...

Ollathair
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
What i ask with this patch :
- if Prison is broken, player recover ressource
- Tree of truth become neutral + cost 0
or
- keep 1 ressource for Tree but prison keep 1 ressource for opponent

Deck otk have now thone + event 2x4. More strong after void extension. So it would be good that other player have solution to really counter that.

thanks.

Aza404
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Closing this.
Please refer to the new thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/748328