PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the ending (Spoilers)

IronEagl3
01-14-2013, 10:11 PM
I have so many questions for the ending. Please I would like some clarification on it.

1. Minerva said that they were too late to stop the world from ending. How was it too late?

2. If it was too late, why didn't Minerva lead someone earlier to the vault?

3. How is Desmond's sacrifice AND bringing back Juno to life prevent the world from ending?

4. Does Minerva come back to life in her original form?

Thanks in advance.

P.S., does this mean there is another game with Connor for certain?

montagemik
01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Just my theory on the ending ...............I'm sure some expert will correct or fill in anything thats wrong or missing.

1 ) From Minervas perspective - The humans are now doomed . Assassins & templars spent too long pointlessly fueding with each other , instead of working together to save the world .
Their only option now is Be wiped out by the solar fllair with only a few survivors that will ultimately become corrupted & enslaved through dogmatic teachings .
Or Free Juno who herself wants to enslave the humans .................So the ideal of a safe perfect future Minnerva & others intended for humans is GONE . = Too late to achieve those goals now.

2) I believe Juno replaced messages throughout history to guide the Assassin's towards HER own goals - Possibly Minnerva did leave warnings sooner ,but we never got those messages .

3) Desmond could either leave Juno trapped & WE burn in the flare (see point 1 ) OR kill himself by setting Juno Free - Juno can prevent the flare from destroying us. But intends to enslave or destroy humans anyway . Desmond decided if we at least survive the solar flare - We at least have a chance to stop juno in the future.

4) Nobody knows yet if Juno (not minnerva) remains as a being of energy or if she'll somehow take a physical body again.

PS = Nothing confirmed - But Juno did tell Connor he would make a difference again & Somebody did hack into the animus memories of Connor .
( & Ubisoft do like this annual outing for AC , So personally i'm expecting more Connor later this year.)

Hope that helps .....................Now someone else can fill you in with the story . :nonchalance:

ToughGuy31
01-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Exactly!

IronEagl3
01-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Just my theory on the ending ...............I'm sure some expert will correct or fill in anything thats wrong or missing.

1 ) From Minervas perspective - The humans are now doomed . Assassins & templars spent too long pointlessly fueding with each other , instead of working together to save the world .
Their only option now is Be wiped out by the solar fllair with only a few survivors that will ultimately become corrupted & enslaved through dogmatic teachings .
Or Free Juno who herself wants to enslave the humans .................So the ideal of a safe perfect future Minnerva & others intended for humans is GONE . = Too late to achieve those goals now.

2) I believe Juno replaced messages throughout history to guide the Assassin's towards HER own goals - Possibly Minnerva did leave warnings sooner ,but we never got those messages .

3) Desmond could either leave Juno trapped & WE burn in the flare (see point 1 ) OR kill himself by setting Juno Free - Juno can prevent the flare from destroying us. But intends to enslave or destroy humans anyway . Desmond decided if we at least survive the solar flare - We at least have a chance to stop juno in the future.

4) Nobody knows yet if Juno (not minnerva) remains as a being of energy or if she'll somehow take a physical body again.

PS = Nothing confirmed - But Juno did tell Connor he would make a difference again & Somebody did hack into the animus memories of Connor .
( & Ubisoft do like this annual outing for AC , So personally i'm expecting more Connor later this year.)

Hope that helps .....................Now someone else can fill you in with the story . :nonchalance:

For your first point, how does them teaming up and saving the world before-hand make a difference than now? Somebody was going to have to sacrifice themselves eventually to Juno, since the solar flare would happen.

For your third point, how does Juno prevent the solar flare. And why didn't she do that the first time there was one?

montagemik
01-15-2013, 12:46 AM
If the Assassins & Templars had worked for the greater good of mankind throughout history & gathered all the info left by the 1st CIV ,The human race would be more unified in the present day .
Instead they fought each other for centuries over who had the right methods . Templars / Abstergo have fuelled / caused many wars throughout history in order to manipulate & control .
So nothing was accompished how the first civilisation had hoped .

Juno being released by someones sacrifice was NEVER the intention or plan of the first civilisation - That was only Juno's plan for her own gain - not ours .

They didn't have enough time & resources at hand for the first catastrophe - They were busy fighting the revolt against the humans who escaped their control After Adam & Eve stole a piece of eden .
So for that reason amongst others - Juno blames the Humans for the demise of her race .
Since the first catastrophe & war - the remaining first civ used their knowledge & technology to devise new ways to stop the next catastrophe (Modern day thousands of years later) .
The technology to stop it was in place in modern times - But only Juno remained to activate it ...............& as she's an evil B*** she wasn't going to tell Desmond or anyone else how to prevent it themselves.

Like i said - it's possible Minnerva & the others left messages throughout time giving us the answers to save ourselves - But Juno using the temple technology where she was imprisoned likely erased or replaced those messages .
Basically - We were screwed over by Juno's plan for revenge set in motion centuries ago .

Play through the game again on a second gamesave - watch the cutscenes again - It'll make much more sense to you .

IronEagl3
01-15-2013, 01:26 AM
If the Assassins & Templars had worked for the greater good of mankind throughout history & gathered all the info left by the 1st CIV ,The human race would be more unified in the present day .
Instead they fought each other for centuries over who had the right methods . Templars / Abstergo have fuelled / caused many wars throughout history in order to manipulate & control .
So nothing was accompished how the first civilisation had hoped .

Juno being released by someones sacrifice was NEVER the intention or plan of the first civilisation - That was only Juno's plan for her own gain - not ours .

They didn't have enough time & resources at hand for the first catastrophe - They were busy fighting the revolt against the humans who escaped their control After Adam & Eve stole a piece of eden .
So for that reason amongst others - Juno blames the Humans for the demise of her race .
Since the first catastrophe & war - the remaining first civ used their knowledge & technology to devise new ways to stop the next catastrophe (Modern day thousands of years later) .
The technology to stop it was in place in modern times - But only Juno remained to activate it ...............& as she's an evil B*** she wasn't going to tell Desmond or anyone else how to prevent it themselves.

Like i said - it's possible Minnerva & the others left messages throughout time giving us the answers to save ourselves - But Juno using the temple technology where she was imprisoned likely erased or replaced those messages .
Basically - We were screwed over by Juno's plan for revenge set in motion centuries ago .

Play through the game again on a second gamesave - watch the cutscenes again - It'll make much more sense to you .

I finished my second playthrough today. I pretty much knew everything except for the obvious things. So, Juno started replacing messages after Ezio met Minerva?

montagemik
01-15-2013, 02:50 AM
That's just my take on the story , Didn't say any of it was right or fact , I Just try to make sense of what i see & remember . But that would explain why Minerva stopped being the one we had the interactions with .

Minnerva = GOOD
Juno = B****

UrDeviant1
01-15-2013, 08:07 AM
One theory for how Juno actually protected Earth from the solar flare and held up her end of the bargain Is to do with their first method of salvation. This method was the four towers that would absorb the solar flare. Eventually It was dismissed, but never truly discarded..."a few returned. They thought we might automate the process. Metal might finish what flesh could not" - Juno. So you could assume that work on It continued long after the first catastrophe.

This theory also brings me to one of your next points. Think about this from Juno's perspective...what If Desmond or anyone else were to get to the vault sooner? What If someone discovered the four towers and were able to activate them themselves? Juno would lose the very bargaining chip she was relying on to convince Desmond to free her. This lends weight to the fact that the 4 towers were Indeed finished and Juno was protecting them until the time was right. And what better time then hours before the flare hits? this doesn't give Desmond any time to come up with another solution...It's either free Juno or several billion people fry.

Juno timed It perfectly...and you could even argue that the whole point of her forcing Desmond to kill Lucy ( which put him In a coma) was just her buying more time while he had to escape from Animus Island, resulting In him arriving late to the temple.

It all lends weight to the possibility that Juno used the 4 towers to absorb the flare.

IronEagl3
01-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Thank you guys! It makes much more sense to me now :D

i WiLL aM
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
To be honest, I don't think anyone fully understands the ending.... :eek: