PDA

View Full Version : What Ubisoft does horrible wrong in AC series

FreshGroundFX
01-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Ubisoft is one of the leading companies when it comes to creating game content (IMO). It has some of the best titles, Prince of Persia, Raving Rabbids, Far Cry 3, and of course AC. BUT what they do horribly is disseminate information inside their games. I will stick to AC3.

Here are my gripes about how Ubi fails to get information out about important game content.

Encyclopedia of Man - No explanation saying you have to scan people while they do activities related to their jobs
Encyclopedia of Man - No explanation saying you have to do homestead missions to allow the settlers to create better ****
Champions Packs - No explanation of where they are and how to get them. Did not appear in MP news hub. Had to find out through forums
Exclusive Limited Time Costumes - No news notification in the MP hub, had to find out by accidentally wandering into the costume editor
Euridito Credits - No explanation of what they are and how they work. Had to manually cycle through endless menus to get a sense of what they are
New MP Characters - No news notification that new characters are available. WTF, I found out only by seeing them in the game thinking where the **** they came from
WOLFPACK - ABSOLUTELY no explanation of how this play this NEW game made. It attracts NOOBS and NOOBS don't know how to play it AT ALL. That's why higher level players drop out and the activity level is LOW.
Wolfpack Sync Kills - 99% of players that I've played with have no ****ing clue what a sync kill is. And TBH neither did I until some guy started raging on his headset yelling at people saying that you have to wait for your whole team to be there AND THEN you have to hit A or PS3 equivalent at a very specific time

And please don't anybody say "You can find all that information in the game manual". Because no players should be expected to sit for half an hour inside of a new game sifting through tonnes of information to find out how to play the new game. It's like picking up AC for the first time and the concept of high profile isn't explained to you.

Anyways, these things ended up in crazy amounts of frustration for me and everytime I played single player I had my tablet by my side because every half hour there was something new that I didn't understand and had to google it. And there was no shortage of results on Google, btw, which goes to show the sheer amount of people confused by the content Ubi served us.

kite9000
12-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Ubisoft is one of the leading companies when it comes to creating game content (IMO). It has some of the best titles, Prince of Persia, Raving Rabbids, Far Cry 3, and of course AC. BUT what they do horribly is disseminate information inside their games. I will stick to AC3.

Here are my gripes about how Ubi fails to get information out about important game content.

Encyclopedia of Man - No explanation saying you have to scan people while they do activities related to their jobs
Encyclopedia of Man - No explanation saying you have to do homestead missions to allow the settlers to create better ****
Champions Packs - No explanation of where they are and how to get them. Did not appear in MP news hub. Had to find out through forums
Exclusive Limited Time Costumes - No news notification in the MP hub, had to find out by accidentally wandering into the costume editor
Euridito Credits - No explanation of what they are and how they work. Had to manually cycle through endless menus to get a sense of what they are
New MP Characters - No news notification that new characters are available. WTF, I found out only by seeing them in the game thinking where the **** they came from
WOLFPACK - ABSOLUTELY no explanation of how this play this NEW game made. It attracts NOOBS and NOOBS don't know how to play it AT ALL. That's why higher level players drop out and the activity level is LOW.
Wolfpack Sync Kills - 99% of players that I've played with have no ****ing clue what a sync kill is. And TBH neither did I until some guy started raging on his headset yelling at people saying that you have to wait for your whole team to be there AND THEN you have to hit A or PS3 equivalent at a very specific time

And please don't anybody say "You can find all that information in the game manual". Because no players should be expected to sit for half an hour inside of a new game sifting through tonnes of information to find out how to play the new game. It's like picking up AC for the first time and the concept of high profile isn't explained to you.

Anyways, these things ended up in crazy amounts of frustration for me and everytime I played single player I had my tablet by my side because every half hour there was something new that I didn't understand and had to google it. And there was no shortage of results on Google, btw, which goes to show the sheer amount of people confused by the content Ubi served us.

Just goes to show that people are blind.
Whats so difficult at reading the information provided at each and every round of WP? Or the info provided at a sync kill. That you might not get the finer points of it the first time, okay. But how in heavens name acn you miss it time and time again when it's right before your eyes on the screen you're looking at?

Further proof. In AC4 there's a whole tutorial section that really spoon feeds each and every thing about it. Good luck finding a WP round that isn't messed up by someone that thinks it's about getting the most and fastest kills. Heck, in most cases you'll end up having to play it by yourself or with a few mates in private mode just so that you can enjoy a decent round of WP.

MnemonicSyntax
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Here, let me hold your hand to tell you how to play.

I miss the days of old school paper game manuals. Super Mario Bros. had a GREAT manual.

Also, I wasn't aware that Multiplayer, including Wolf Pack was only for veteran players. Seems like a sense of entitlement to me.