PDA

View Full Version : Juno's cunning ploy.

UrDeviant1
01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I know this was made public on 21/12/2012 (alas) but I only just noticed It recently. At the AC3 main menu you'll find "D.atabase N.etwork A.rchives down" as an article In the 'News Centre', but all It reads Is "Investigating..." and Interestingly enough there Is a picture of Juno. This message along with Juno's picture surely means something...but what?

I think the network It's referring to Is Abstergo's database which contains information from millions of consumers who are all linked up to Abstergo Entertainment via their various iterations of animus tech, whether It be exercise bracelets, baby monitors, Animus glasses or even food/drink...these all contain something that Abstergo have no control over, and that Desmond made possible.

Going back to the present day story of AC3 It's clear that Juno resides within the walls of the Grand Temple, and how she does this Is a thing called "Transcendence" which Is the ability to transfer ones mind In to another vessel. Transcendence Is also the 6th potential method used by the first civ to try and save their species, which failed...or did It? We know that thanks to Juno's ability to keep her mind among the living, she was able to control people using POE's, both physically and mentally. She was able to subtly direct events In human history to reach the point where Desmond stands before her, his DNA being her only hope for freedom beyond the temple walls. With the tools to save the human race, she had a bargaining chip should Desmond refuse to set her free. She also knew that Minerva would warn Desmond of her cunning ploy.

Juno has made It clear that she hates humanity and blames us for the demise of her people, and perhaps the death of her husband as a result of the war between humans and first civs. This alone may make her want to come back and exact revenge by enslaving us or outright killing us...but she Is seriously bitter and would probably enjoy toying with us a bit before she annihilated us. The question Is, HOW would she do this?...how does a non physical being go about wiping out an entire race? I think she will continue to use Transcendence as her weapon, Instead of residing In the temple walls she now resides In a global network, meaning she Is Inside your computer, she Is Inside your mobile phone, she Is the annoying voice telling you where to go Inside your GPS, she controls satellites and she Is the reason why the Abstergo Network Is experiencing difficulties. And now that Abstergo are packaging and selling memories for all to experience through new animus tech, she has an even wider audience and more ways to control peoples minds. She now has every means to control and enslave us because her mind Is no longer confined to the temple walls...her mind Is everywhere, she Is Inside everything and she has achieved virtual omni-science.

And as If she alone wasn't enough, It's possible she wasn't by herself Inside the temple walls, as you can clearly hear Minerva say to Desmond In the final cutscene: "They will enslave your kind". I also think that there Is a link between Transcendence being the "6th" method of salvation, Juno's use of Transcendence, and the "sixth sense" we've always heard so much about. Like what If a human with strong enough genes (stronger than Desmond's) had the ability to use the sixth sense and "Transcend" In to this virtual world and defeat Juno? crazy huh!?

If I wasn't so erm...not sober right now, I might have got my thoughts down better and I'm sure there was more I wanted to say but f It...I also used the Official Assassins Creed 3 guide from www.piggyback.com (http://www.piggyback.com) to try and piece some of my thoughts together. I recommend buying It.

Poodle_of_Doom
01-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Interesting theory. I'd definitely like to see where others take it.

UrDeviant1
01-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Interesting theory. I'd definitely like to see where others take it.

I'm hoping people come up and improve upon It too cause I think Juno has a massive role to play In the next game.

YuurHeen
01-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I just dont see the link between 6th sense and the 6th method only other than the word six. It is not like you can use your 5 senses for the 5 other methods.

UrDeviant1
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I just dont see the link between 6th sense and the 6th method only other than the word six. It is not like you can use your 5 senses for the 5 other methods.

At the end of brotherhood when Juno tells Desmond "It Is done. The way lies before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth." It possible she was referring to the sixth method ie. Awaken Juno to begin her Transcendence. It's nothing solid but I was just throwing It out there.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 05:18 AM
I see how It Is. All this just blew your minds and left you speechless ;) lol

RIP thread.

montagemik
01-14-2013, 05:45 AM
I see how It Is. All this just blew your minds and left you speechless ;) lol

RIP thread.

I'm of the opinion Juno's hacked the Abstergo database & possibly intends to use the Abstergo entertainment media as a way of mass controlling the population .
Far more convenient in the modern day & age with a population so large to use the current social media - than trying to use Pieces of eden like back in the time of the first Civ . She mentions the results of that back then being insufficient to try prevent the disaster if i recall .

So i speculate , she taps into Absergo ,brings herself up to date with Abstergos accomplishments & aims to utilise their social tech to mass control the populace if you like .

Erudito i think will be the key to combatting this threat from Juno/Abstergo & i still think Desmond has somehow transcended to within the temple tech - similar to how Subj 16 remained within the animus .
I think Juno -through her loathing of humanity underestimated what Desmond's DNA was capable of when combined with the first civ tech ,which is way more advanced than the Animus.
It's possible they never contemplated the possibility of a Human having that level of interaction with their tech & considered being able to even activate the pedastal to be the limits of what Des' DNA would allow - which would be just enough to free Juno .
Desmond's dead - Desmond's finished as the protagonist .............But i hope desmond's knowledge still has an important role to play in the upcoming / ongoing battle against Juno .

Her underestimation of the Human potential & worth will come back to bite her on her A** in the long run . But that's just my speculation after playing the series.

( NO I don't have FACTS - NO i don't have PROOF ............NO i don't care if anyone disagrees - Until i see different in a future game , that's what my expectations are. )

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm of the opinion Juno's hacked the Abstergo database & possibly intends to use the Abstergo entertainment media as a way of mass controlling the population .
Far more convenient in the modern day & age with a population so large to use the current social media - than trying to use Pieces of eden like back in the time of the first Civ . She mentions the results of that back then being insufficient to try prevent the disaster if i recall .

So i speculate , she taps into Absergo ,brings herself up to date with Abstergos accomplishments & aims to utilise their social tech to mass control the populace if you like .

Erudito i think will be the key to combatting this threat from Juno/Abstergo & i still think Desmond has somehow transcended to within the temple tech - similar to how Subj 16 remained within the animus .
I think Juno -through her loathing of humanity underestimated what Desmond's DNA was capable of when combined with the first civ tech ,which is way more advanced than the Animus.
It's possible they never contemplated the possibility of a Human having that level of interaction with their tech & considered being able to even activate the pedastal to be the limits of what Des' DNA would allow - which would be just enough to free Juno .
Desmond's dead - Desmond's finished as the protagonist .............But i hope desmond's knowledge still has an important role to play in the upcoming / ongoing battle against Juno .

Her underestimation of the Human potential & worth will come back to bite her on her A** in the long run . But that's just my speculation after playing the series.

( NO I don't have FACTS - NO i don't have PROOF ............NO i don't care if anyone disagrees - Until i see different in a future game , that's what my expectations are. )

I think you make some good points. If Desmond did transcend In to the temple walls he wouldn't be able to go anywhere, he'd be stuck there...perhaps until another person with high concentrated precursor DNA touched the pedestal. But from there he could still Interact with the POE's around the world, much like Juno was able to. So there'd still be some kind of communication going on.

I'm still not sure how this could happen though. Juno Is VERY technologically advanced and was able to upload herself Into the walls. But how would Desmond be able to? As far as we know that pedestal he touched at the end was a Biometric device that's only job Is to recognises DNA, and doesn't have the ability to Transfer Desmond's mind Inside another vessel. Also, Bio-engineering and Transcendence were 2 different methods entirely when It came to first civ tech. Bio-engineering was a method they used to transform their bodies Inot something durable enough to survive the solar flare...It's also how Aita, Juno's husband died.

I agree that Juno and (maybe) co. will cause a lot of damage through Abstergo Tech. If she gains control of their satellites which are still presumed to have survived the solar flare, then she will have access to peoples minds via the now mass marketed animus tech. I can't wait to see what they do with her. There are lots of possibilities!

itsamea-mario
01-14-2013, 06:32 AM
I like your thread, i am thumbing you up. you can't see it, but i am.

infamous_ezio
01-14-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Juno was referring to the sixth method, it all makes sense, "only she remains to be found, awaken the sixth"

Also, this really sounds like the movie eagle eye. still a good theory though.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 06:55 AM
I like your thread, i am thumbing you up. you can't see it, but i am.

Thanks!

Assassin_M
01-14-2013, 07:03 AM
FINALLY something that makes sense and is legible. Very good points. I`m amazed how you thought about all this while you were half drunk :P

Anyways, It could very well be possible. AC has always prided itself with being as parallel as possible with our real world. Juno using the net to start her plans would be make everything seem normal and still very well go with the Conspiracy theme AC usually uses. It`s perfect.

I really think the next game may throw us into Templar perspective because we know the Assassins will do what they usually do with Juno. Fight Tyranny and spread freedom, SO....a lot more interesting plot MAY be from Abstergo point of view. How Erudito might treat Abstergo now, seeing as they`re not as much of a threat as Juno AND she`s using the network. but wait....Maybe..she uses Erudito. I once read a theory about how Consus is the one leading Erudito. how Consus was generally against the Templars, albeit neutrally but leaning more on the side of the Assassins ?? Sounds like Erudito to me. He`s not WITH the Assassins, but he`s against the Templar Order. So maybe that`s what Minerva meant by "they" either way, I`m sure Juno has allies and they`re not the Templars

Mind = almost blown

AjinkyaParuleka
01-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Nice thread dude.I actually thought 'they' meant she and the templars(they both want forced freedom/will).There was a pic in acinitiates web sites. http://acinitiates.com/wp-content/themes/initiates/new-css/img/glitch-molecule.png .Anyone can make sense of this?Desmond's DNA?Also,is the grand temple closed forever?Or are William,Rebecca,Shaun are still inside the temple?We need a lifetime to understand this series.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 07:46 AM
FINALLY something that makes sense and is legible. Very good points. I`m amazed how you thought about all this while you were half drunk :P

Anyways, It could very well be possible. AC has always prided itself with being as parallel as possible with our real world. Juno using the net to start her plans would be make everything seem normal and still very well go with the Conspiracy theme AC usually uses. It`s perfect.

I really think the next game may throw us into Templar perspective because we know the Assassins will do what they usually do with Juno. Fight Tyranny and spread freedom, SO....a lot more interesting plot MAY be from Abstergo point of view. How Erudito might treat Abstergo now, seeing as they`re not as much of a threat as Juno AND she`s using the network. but wait....Maybe..she uses Erudito. I once read a theory about how Consus is the one leading Erudito. how Consus was generally against the Templars, albeit neutrally but leaning more on the side of the Assassins ?? Sounds like Erudito to me. He`s not WITH the Assassins, but he`s against the Templar Order. So maybe that`s what Minerva meant by "they" either way, I`m sure Juno has allies and they`re not the Templars

Mind = almost blown

I'd like to see a game where we see more of the Templars perspective. I mean, If anyone has the resources to take down Juno It's going to be them. They are going to need to find talented people like Desmond who can Interact with Juno, and Abstergo have the means to do this, but they will need the Assassins exclusive knowledge about the events that took place inside the temple. I don't expect the Templars and Assassins to "unite", but they do have a mutual enemy here that could destroy both of them. I wonder how long It will be before they realise that Juno has transcended In to their network (if she has).

And what I thought by Minerva saying "they" Is the fact that Juno wasn't the only one that was "killed" by Minerva and Tinia Inside the temple. Juno had accomplices who joined her In the betrayal of her kind, and that they too could have possibly uploaded themselves In the temple walls. But I also like your theory about Erudito being used by Juno, maybe to spread lies and Implant thoughts within the animus. There's loads of possibilities and ways for Juno to mess with humanity, but I doubt she will go all out war, as that wouldn't give the Assassin and Templars time to plan an assault/defence strategy.

My mind hurts. lol there's just lots of possibilities for Juno form here on out.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Nice thread dude.I actually thought 'they' meant she and the templars(they both want forced freedom/will).There was a pic in acinitiates web sites. http://acinitiates.com/wp-content/themes/initiates/new-css/img/glitch-molecule.png .Anyone can make sense of this?Desmond's DNA?Also,is the grand temple closed forever?Or are William,Rebecca,Shaun are still inside the temple?We need a lifetime to understand this series.

Thanks. That link doesn't work though. And I doubt the Grand Temple Is closed forever, at least there's no reason to think so, or Is there?

Assassin_M
01-14-2013, 07:57 AM
I'd like to see a game where we see more of the Templars perspective. I mean, If anyone has the resources to take down Juno It's going to be them. They are going to need to find talented people like Desmond who can Interact with Juno, and Abstergo have the means to do this, but they will need the Assassins exclusive knowledge about the events that took place inside the temple. I don't expect the Templars and Assassins to "unite", but they do have a mutual enemy here that could destroy both of them. I wonder how long It will be before they realise that Juno has transcended In to their network (if she has).

And what I thought by Minerva saying "they" Is the fact that Juno wasn't the only one that "killed" by Minerva and Tinia Inside the temple. Juno had accomplices who joined her In the betrayal of her kind, and that they too could have possibly uploaded themselves In the temple walls. But I also like your theory about Erudito being used by Juno, maybe to spread lies and Implant thoughts within the animus. There's loads of possibilities and ways for Juno to mess with humanity, but I doubt she will go all out war, as that wouldn't give the Assassin and Templars time to plan an assault/defence strategy.

My mind hurts. lol there's just lots of possibilities for Juno form here on out.
Indeed. The templars have a lot of POEs. I`m assuming their databases may be a target for Juno or even them themselves to acquire back her kinds`lost technologies. I wonder who`ll start with contacting the other. Templars or Assassins ? Hmm.

We haven't seen any of Juno`s accomplices inside the Temple, but hey, it`s not far off really...Those who came before still walked the earth LONG after the disaster. At least until 500 BC. we never know what might`v happened inside that Temple and evident by the story of Giovanni Borgia, the Vaults can have more than one purpose. Like the Pythagorean Vault. Maybe it`s usage was even changed right after Ezio`s visit to it. Maybe that`s where Consus went. Giovanni mentions that during his Adult life, Consus ceased to exist inside his mind.

Nah I don't think it`ll be a full scale war. I`m sure it`ll be something very subtle to keep the boundaries between our world and the in-game world as thin as possible.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Indeed. The templars have a lot of POEs. I`m assuming their databases may be a target for Juno or even them themselves to acquire back her kinds`lost technologies. I wonder who`ll start with contacting the other. Templars or Assassins ? Hmm.

We haven't seen any of Juno`s accomplices inside the Temple, but hey, it`s not far off really...Those who came before still walked the earth LONG after the disaster. At least until 500 BC. we never know what might`v happened inside that Temple and evident by the story of Giovanni Borgia, the Vaults can have more than one purpose. Like the Pythagorean Vault. Maybe it`s usage was even changed right after Ezio`s visit to it. Maybe that`s where Consus went. Giovanni mentions that during his Adult life, Consus ceased to exist inside his mind.

Nah I don't think it`ll be a full scale war. I`m sure it`ll be something very subtle to keep the boundaries between our world and the in-game world as thin as possible.

Didn't Consus last appear In the vault where the coordinates for the grand temple were found? Maybe some link there but ****ed If I know. And as far as Iknew, when Juno and her co-conspirators were killed their bodies were left In the vault which was then sealed by Minerva. I could be wrong. And yeah It should be really Interesting to see who contacts who. Maybe the Assassins approach them first, seeing as they have knowledge of Juno's escape.

Assassin_M
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Didn't Consus last appear In the vault where the coordinates for the grand temple were found? Maybe some link there but ****ed If I know. And as far as Iknew, when Juno and her co-conspirators were killed their bodies were left In the vault which was then sealed by Minerva. I could be wrong. And yeah It should be really Interesting to see who contacts who. Maybe the Assassins approach them first, seeing as they have knowledge of Juno's escape.
Yeah. That Vault is given the unofficial name of "Pythagorean Vault".

Do you think this has anything to do with the Mana Shaun found in the Temple ? It was Biblical Mana, If i remember correct. I mean...They couldn't have mentioned it without reason, right ?

roostersrule2
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM

Do you think this has anything to do with the Mana Shaun found in the Temple ? It was Biblical Mana, If i remember correct. I mean...They couldn't have mentioned it without reason, right ?Are you saying Shaun may of ate one of Juno's co-conspirators? If so hahahahaha.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 08:53 AM

Do you think this has anything to do with the Mana Shaun found in the Temple ? It was Biblical Mana, If i remember correct. I mean...They couldn't have mentioned it without reason, right ?

I dunno what biblical mana Is, but when he mentioned mana It could just have been referring to Juno residing In the temple walls. What would they mean by biblical mana? referring to Consus do you think?

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Are you saying Shaun may of ate one of Juno's co-conspirators? If so hahahahaha.

Oh yeah I forgot he ate some of that lol.

roostersrule2
01-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Oh yeah I forgot he ate some of that lol.Maybe Juno was the flavourizer and she wants to enslave us all because the humans somehow broke her?

Assassin_M
01-14-2013, 09:04 AM
I dunno what biblical mana Is, but when he mentioned mana It could just have been referring to Juno residing In the temple walls. What would they mean by biblical mana? referring to Consus do you think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manna#Biblical_description

Are you saying Shaun may of ate one of Juno's co-conspirators? If so hahahahaha.
Maybe xD

That`d be Hilarious. What`s better than a witty, sarcastic Brit ? One that`s possessed :P

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manna#Biblical_description

So biblical mana Is food, and with Consus being the protector of grains...you think that's a link? I have no clue lol

Assassin_M
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
So biblical mana Is food, and with Consus being the protector of grains...you think that's a link?
Maybe......maybe.

I mean is it coincidence ?? Maybe not. Maybe Conses made the Manna, Yeah ?? But what does it do ? Shaun seemed normal after eating it.....or was he ? >_>

roostersrule2
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
If what you're saying actually happens in the game (although even plausible theories like this one never seem to happen and turn out to be pure speculation, no offence), I think Shaun eating some will turn out to be a big part in the series.

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Maybe......maybe.

I mean is it coincidence ?? Maybe not. Maybe Conses made the Manna, Yeah ?? But what does it do ? Shaun seemed normal after eating it.....or was he ? >_>

<_< >_>....maybe he poops out consus? I do think you may be on to something though and I can't believe I didn't give that any thought.

infamous_ezio
01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Come on guys... have any of use seen eagle eye?

roostersrule2
01-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Come on guys... have any of use seen eagle eye?No, why?

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Come on guys... have any of use seen eagle eye? No, Is It good?

montagemik
01-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Come on guys... have any of use seen eagle eye?

Seen it ?? ........Never even heard of it .

infamous_ezio
01-14-2013, 01:44 PM
No, Is It good?

There are alot of similarities between your theory and eagly eye, don't get me wrong, it's a really good theory! The movie is pretty much about this US military weapon that is a massive computer, it controls everything and manipulates events to achieve a certain goal. Pretty much, it can control the entire US network

UrDeviant1
01-14-2013, 02:25 PM
There are alot of similarities between your theory and eagly eye, don't get me wrong, it's a really good theory! The movie is pretty much about this US military weapon that is a massive computer, it controls everything and manipulates events to achieve a certain goal. Pretty much, it can control the entire US network

Sounds like Ubisoft could potentially have another lawsuit on their hands. lol