PDA

View Full Version : No 'crouch' command? handling this assassin is problematic

Mariohne
01-12-2013, 07:38 AM
I find the handling of this version of the Assassin tedious and frustrating. For one thing, this is supposed to be an 'assassin' but he cannot crouch? Give me a break

I have to rely on the system to maybe have some bushes or something nearby that make me 'automatically' crouch!
Then the stupid *** is always trying to climb onto something or crouches when I don't want him to crouch!

To sneak through a fort full of soldiers is basically impossible. You try to stealth through it but get caught continuously because the *** is not MOVING but crouching suddenly or trying to climb a wall when all you want to do is quickly get from point A to point B as fast as possible without being detected!

I am still early in the game and have been persisting because friends tell me to 'stick it out' until you become the Indian, it gets better. But I am getting very frustrated with this weird 'Assassin' char who walks around in his fancy gear with the stupid pirate hat and arrogant face, which I cannot get a liking to as hard as I try. It does not help that the Indian girl looks like crap as well. Couldn't they come up with a prettier version?

Anykeyer
01-12-2013, 08:37 AM
He isnt assassin.

Pleasefixmyacc
01-12-2013, 08:54 AM
He's a scurvy pirate searchin' th' seven seven seas fer lovely booty.

bveUSbve
01-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I agree that some movement options are lacking - no FREE crouching -, stupid - automatic, unavoidable crouching in certain vegetation - or insufficiently optimized (though the further optimization of these context dependent movements is not easy, I can imagine).

Whether the Haytham-prologue is overly long is debatable.

Whether the Indian woman looks "like crap" is also debatable. But to put your opinion in such drastic words surely doesn't make YOU look as someone to take serious...

Pleasefixmyacc
01-12-2013, 09:57 AM
My biggest issue..is the issue with his weapon handling. Anyone noticed how he uses daggers? Same animations as his 1h axe. Same problem with some of his 2h whom are used as something completely else (hits with the flat side of the axe etc)

SaDem99
01-12-2013, 09:58 AM
He's a scurvy pirate searchin' th' seven seven seas fer lovely booty.

ahahaha +1

Razrback16
01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
It would be pretty cool if Ubi could implement crouching and corner cover like they have for Batman Arkham City when he's trying to be stealthy. Would be awesome.

ElleCore
01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Ok.. first of all, @Razrback16 there is corner cover in AC3.. and for everyone else.. there was never a "crouch" command in any Assassin's Creed title.

YazX_
01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Ok.. first of all, @Razrback16 there is corner cover in AC3.. and for everyone else.. there was never a "crouch" command in any Assassin's Creed title.

And i hope there will not be, this is not COD/BF3/Splinter Cell.....

Carch
01-13-2013, 04:04 AM
The Assassin's Creed series relies on SOCIAL stealth, blending in with the crowd. If you were to crouch all the time, you would stand out like a sore thumb, and the guards would come straight for you.

I do kind of miss the Revelations bombs for creating distractions, though.

al-Assas
01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
[...] this version of the Assassin[...]

There's never been any crouching in AC.