PDA

View Full Version : AC3 is a very CPU intensive game, mmmmm!!

YazX_
01-12-2013, 12:54 AM
well, i saw this just now:

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17647

it basically describes the FPS drop issue and some minor info tech about the game.

i just have one question for all Devs in Ubisoft, if you do acknowledge that this game is a CPU intensive game, why it is not utilizing all cores??

if all cores have been utilized correctly then no problem and everyone will be happy, so how come you acknowledge that its CPU intensive game and its not even close to utilizing the whole CPU?

i know this might not change for AC3, but it brings a big concern for all PC gamers that your Anvil Next engine for all upcoming titles will only utilize 25% of the CPU (QUAD CORE) and then ppl will get low FPS due to this fact and the blames go over CPU doesnt meet the specs although its actually over the specs.

abohamed
01-12-2013, 01:07 AM
not just that .. they say the Minimum Requirements for Assassin's Creed III will be .....

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17133/~/minimum-requirements-for-assassins-creed-iii

and guess what .. non of this is even close to correction .. AND i will not talk about CPUs here .. i will talk about the GPU " Minimum Requirements " :
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 10-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
and the game runs ONLY with DirectX 11 !!!!!!!!!!!

JediSaiyan2603
01-12-2013, 01:15 AM
Heh... fulfill the recommended hardware and you know what ? game runs in boston in max 23 fps on evry setting on very high runs on 15fps resolution doesn't matter too
CPU intensive game?? hahaha another nice try again they want to blame someone else or something for they ANOTHER FAIL
first they say is AMD fault and drivers now they say it is CPU's problem...
Why games which looks more better I can run really nice but this piece of crap can't?
Crysis aka PC killer on FHD i got avg 35 fps with AAX4
Crysis2 avg. 45fps
Hitman on ultra WITH TRUE DX11 SUPPORT(not like your fake ) avg.60 fps on FHD ;]
It's ubi fail again and again it's hard to optimize game? You need more time OK release game later
and the funny thing is ubi always blame piracy on pc hahaha
You make a crap game? Don't Do not expect big sales ;*

YazX_
01-12-2013, 01:15 AM
this doesnt make any sense to me, seriously, one of the most important features of DX11 is to off-load the CPU and let your GPU do the work, however, this is not my problem, but the cores thing, i cant imagine some1 is getting 15 FPS on 3.0 GHz sandy bridge CPU, while he can get min 30 FPS if CPU is utilized 50-75%. i dont have FPS issues because i have avg 45 FPS, but never went to 60, my system should spit the 60 FPS easily in frontier but never did, although the game at 45 FPS is playable at gr8 level, but whats worrying me now even new engines are still the same crap as old ones, no regards to PC hardware. and this is a big problem for PC gamers. because they simply shove hundreds of dollars on PC hardware and then they only get 25% utilization of those!

nomadspy
01-12-2013, 01:57 AM
not just that .. they say the Minimum Requirements for Assassin's Creed III will be .....

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17133/~/minimum-requirements-for-assassins-creed-iii

and guess what .. non of this is even close to correction .. AND i will not talk about CPUs here .. i will talk about the GPU " Minimum Requirements " :
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 10-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
and the game runs ONLY with DirectX 11 !!!!!!!!!!!

Don't pull ******** out of your *** please. I'm with AMD 5000+ X2 OCed at 2.75GHZ with NVIDIA GT220 512GDDR3 (DX10.1) and I play the game with 20fps in the cities and 25-35 Frontier and homestead not to mention 40+ sea battles. So the game isn't DX11. You brainwashed morons should stop talking it's DX11 game. Tessellation needs DX11 and there is some tessellation in AC 3 for the snow as far as I know but that's all. It's ****ty job by Ubisoft. Models, textures, lightning, shadows it's all DX9 and 10 end of debate.

abohamed
01-12-2013, 03:50 AM
Don't pull ******** out of your *** please. I'm with AMD 5000+ X2 OCed at 2.75GHZ with NVIDIA GT220 512GDDR3 (DX10.1) and I play the game with 20fps in the cities and 25-35 Frontier and homestead not to mention 40+ sea battles. So the game isn't DX11. You brainwashed morons should stop talking it's DX11 game. Tessellation needs DX11 and there is some tessellation in AC 3 for the snow as far as I know but that's all. It's ****ty job by Ubisoft. Models, textures, lightning, shadows it's all DX9 and 10 end of debate.

calm down man .. we all friends here !!! all what i want to say is : if you have an DX11 video card the game did not gave you the choice to using it or not like FarCry 3 for an example .. and make you MUST run it with DX11 on and i think the real problem is in somewhere there because i have a solid +45 FPS in multiplayer ( that runs only with DX9 even if you have an DX10 or DX11 video card ) so they must fix the DX11 part .. thats all

realthanny
01-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Plenty of bad information here. DX11 is not just new features like tessellation and DirectCompute. It's also a break for programmers, as it allows you to use a single code base to support DX9/10/11 cards with only the features available. AC3 requires Vista or later to get DX11 support, but does not require a DX11 card (only 9.0c with SM 4.0).

I don't know what DX11-specific features, if any, that the game supports. I'd guess SSAO for the most part. It doesn't look like anything is tessellated. Which is a shame, since the severe CPU bottlenecking leaves many people with GPU resources to spare.

abohamed
01-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Plenty of bad information here. DX11 is not just new features like tessellation and DirectCompute. It's also a break for programmers, as it allows you to use a single code base to support DX9/10/11 cards with only the features available. AC3 requires Vista or later to get DX11 support, but does not require a DX11 card (only 9.0c with SM 4.0).

I don't know what DX11-specific features, if any, that the game supports. I'd guess SSAO for the most part. It doesn't look like anything is tessellated. Which is a shame, since the severe CPU bottlenecking leaves many people with GPU resources to spare.

which its sucks .. yes i agree .. man .. take a good look to Max payne 3 or Hitman Absolution or FARCRY 3 ( i still can not believe that its an UBISOFT game :D ) a great three examples for how DX11 games should be done