PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV will be set in...

Death_Aflame
01-11-2013, 10:21 PM
At the end of Assassin's Creed I, if you activate Eagle vision in Astergo and go over to the glass where the Templars were talking and look down, you will see the Japanese gate which leads to Tokyo, and to the left, there are two Chinese buildings.

Also, the end of the world in 2012 was also in AC 1. Beneath the barr code, it has numbers, which are:12212012. Now, if you separate them: 12/21/2012, you'll see that the end of the world date and event was planned out from the start to be in AC.

montagemik
01-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Yep , we figured that out at the end of AC 1 years ago - That 12/21/2012 was kind of the whole point of the series .
Also shows what appears to be Mount Fuji to me (regarded in japanese culture to be an ancient sacred place ) in the land of the rising sun , Sounds more than a little appropriate to me for the apocalypse we just prevented -
& also shown were Mayan ruins ( found at Cerros in AC-3 )

Possibly Japan may have been an initial setting planned for a sequel - But Ubisoft have frequently denied & ruled this out - Due to " japan being overused in lots of other games & media." in their own words. The orient so far has been given little more than a slight mention since AC-1 .

Wasted opportunity & lack of faith in their own story telling ability in my opinion.
A story should not be determined or ruled out based on setting alone - if the story is sound , setting shouldn't matter .

LoyalACFan
01-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't take any hints from AC1 seriously. At this point, it's pretty evident that Ubisoft is basically just winging it. So many hints and plot threads have just been dropped completely in this series, it's unlikely that anything dating back all the way to the beginning is still relevant to their current plan.

RinoTheBouncer
01-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Yep , we figured that out at the end of AC 1 years ago - That 12/21/2012 was kind of the whole point of the series .
Also shows what appears to be Mount Fuji to me (regarded in japanese culture to be an ancient sacred place ) in the land of the rising sun , Sounds more than a little appropriate to me for the apocalypse we just prevented -
& also shown were Mayan ruins ( found at Cerros in AC-3 )

Possibly Japan may have been an initial setting planned for a sequel - But Ubisoft have frequently denied & ruled this out - Due to " japan being overused in lots of other games & media." in their own words. The orient so far has been given little more than a slight mention since AC-1 .

Wasted opportunity & lack of faith in their own story telling ability in my opinion.
A story should not be determined or ruled out based on setting alone - if the story is sound , setting shouldn't matter .

I agree. There are many stories about traveling back in time and AC is another form of time travel yet AC stood out among the rest of it's competitors so I don't see how an AC in Japan wouldn't be good. We have lots of games that involve fighting in swords and blades yet we prefer AC so in the same manner we will have preferred the AC japanese setting over others.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 09:30 AM
You guys realize that these drawing had nothing to do with future Settings right ?

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 11:23 AM
AC3 is taking place in Brasil, Shawn said it plain and simple if anyone listened at all out of the animus. He said Italy, America and Brasil. Now why would he say Brasil out of nowhere like that? There were also hints of the game taking place in South America as translated by Gamespot on Ubisoft Brasil:

“The development team already has several ideas on how to build a scenario based on a particular moment in the history of Brazil and that fits perfectly in the millennial plot between Templars and Assassins, but so far nothing is decided.”

LoyalACFan
01-12-2013, 11:31 AM
AC3 is taking place in Brasil, Shawn said it plain and simple if anyone listened at all out of the animus. He said Italy, America and Brasil. Now why would he say Brasil out of nowhere like that? There were also hints of the game taking place in South America as translated by Gamespot on Ubisoft Brasil:

“The development team already has several ideas on how to build a scenario based on a particular moment in the history of Brazil and that fits perfectly in the millennial plot between Templars and Assassins, but so far nothing is decided.”

AC3 is taking place in America... :rolleyes:

But on a more serious note, I don't think this really confirms anything. And when exactly did Shaun mention Brazil, other than when he located the power source there? Must have missed that conversation.

BeCk41
01-12-2013, 11:53 AM
AC3 is taking place in America... :rolleyes:

But on a more serious note, I don't think this really confirms anything. And when exactly did Shaun mention Brazil, other than when he located the power source there? Must have missed that conversation.
AC4 I mean *derp moment*

Shawn says it when you keep pressing him for coversation- he just says it out of the blue and I instantly knew. But I searched everywhere on the map for clues and this is the only thing I found close to what they said about a possible location for the next game.

Locopells
01-12-2013, 12:01 PM
He's talking about all the places Desmond had visited during AC3 to retrieve power sources - it's nothing to do with the next AC (regardless of whether or not it IS going to be in Brazil).

Dejan507
01-12-2013, 12:12 PM
BeckWrecks You're wrong. He said that in another context, if I remember Desmond was talking about vacation and Shaun said something like "You've been to Italy, America and Brazil in a few weeks"

AjinkyaParuleka
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Tell you what?Next Assassin's Creed will be set in Mars with aliens and lasers shooting out from eyes.
P.S.:What's your obsession with Japan lol?

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Tell you what?Next Assassin's Creed will be set in Mars with aliens and lasers shooting out from eyes.

My obsession with Japan is the Samurai. The Samurai believed in death before dishonour, this would be perfect for Assassin's Creed. The Creed itself 'Nothing is true. Everything is permitted' can easily be transferred to the Samurai. Plus, if the Japanese setting, for what ever reason, doesn't do well, they could a DLC where the main character performing the Samurai suicide ritual, Seppuku.

AC IV would do so well in a Feudal Japan setting. It's all about the developers, if they make it like they made the Ezio trilogy (story wise), then I personally think it would be the best AC.

montagemik
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Me personally ??
Oh i don't know - perhaps the plain fact some of histories most famous Assassination techniques & weaponry originated there (note - i said some not all).............
An Assassin based game with a brotherhood that spans the globe yet somehow completely SKIPS Japan in any form other than a few glyphs or slight hints/nods towards the orient seems outright Frkn ridiculous to me .

Ubisoft can & will base the games where they like - But don't expect me to believe if Japan was ever used in AC that half or more of the playerbase WOULDN'T still buy & play it .
The modern day technology aspect of Abstergo industries would fit in easily .
The historical potential is there during several periods - including the time frame following AC-3 (moving forward through history as all games have so far )

If AC-2 Had been in Japan - not Italy , the fans would still have bought it & no doubt the franchise would've done just as well .

As i said before - refusing japan based on overuse in media - Is lack of faith in their own story writing ability , nothing more in my opinion.
My view on japan's suitability for the series isn't going to change for anyone, so by all means feel free to fire any names or ridicule you like at me .

Megas_Doux
01-12-2013, 04:06 PM
At first, I was reluctant to the idea of China, but after seing an UBER COOL fan art, I embrace the idea.............
China would be awesome!!!!!