PDA

View Full Version : I've just realized..

Death_Aflame
01-11-2013, 06:53 PM
You know how only a select few can use and control the Apple Of Eden? Like Alta´r, Ezio, Connor and Desmond? Well I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 again and I came to a realization. Al Mualim was able to use and control the Apple, and the fact that Alta´r and Al Mualim were very close, could suggest that Al Mualim was Alta´r's real biological father, and his supposed father was only a fake, to make Alta´r never know his real father, but when his 'father' was killed, Al Mualim had to step up due to his parental 'senses'. If he wasn't his father, he could have just given Alta´r to a trainer for his training, but Al Mualim taught everything he knew to Alta´r. I personally think yes, he is Alta´r's biological father.

So, do you guys think Al Mualim is Alta´r's real father?

ProletariatPleb
01-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Alta´r's father is Umar Ibn-La'Ahad.

Death_Aflame
01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Alta´r's father is Umar Ibn-La'Ahad.

lbn-La-Ahad translated means Son Of None..

ProletariatPleb
01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
lbn-La-Ahad translated means Son Of None..
Yes I know what it means, but that doesn't change his father is Umar (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Umar_Ibn-La'Ahad). It was revealed in the book Secret Crusade.

Kaschra
01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Now you are grasping at straws.
His father IS Umar, like sidspyker said.

And only a few people could controll the Pieces of Eden, yes, which means that Al Mualim is one of them.

pacmanate
01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
If you played Revelations he even says "Son of Umar". Which makes me wonder, why did he change it to Son of None?

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
If you played Revelations he even says "Son of Umar". Which makes me wonder, why did he change it to Son of None?
Because apparently Ubisoft does not know how Arab names work and think that the Son carries his father`s surname alone. Harold Smith for example has a son named Mark, the son`s name would be Mark Smith. Arab names work differently, but Ubisoft are so smart. Umar ibn la Ahad has a son, so his name is Altair Ibn la Ahad. Yay -_-

Sushiglutton
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
It's kind of even between "No" and "Definitely not" in the poll. I voted the latter.

Megas_Doux
01-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Because apparently Ubisoft does not know how Arab names work and think that the Son carries his father`s surname alone. Harold Smith for example has a son named Mark, the son`s name would be Mark Smith. Arab names work differently, but Ubisoft are so smart. Umar ibn la Ahad has a son, so his name is Altair Ibn la Ahad. Yay -_-

I have read that in youtube!!! Just out of pure curiosity, how do arab names work???

SaintPerkele
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
To be honest now, I have the feeling that Al Mualim was once intended to be Altair'sfather and this (as so often) was just changed to the unfortunately canon stuff Bowden produces.

Read the Penny Arcade comic for AC1, for example, and you'll see what I mean.

Assassin_M
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
I have read that in youtube!!! Just out of pure curiosity, how do arab names work???
You carry your father`s name, grandfather`s name THEN Family name.

Altair`s name should be, Altair Ibn Umar (Insert Grandfather`s name here) ibn la Ahad or Altair Umar (Insert Grandfather`s name here) Ibn la Ahad..

Megas_Doux
01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh I see. Thanks!!!!

Death_Aflame
01-11-2013, 08:28 PM
To be honest now, I have the feeling that Al Mualim was once intended to be Altair'sfather and this (as so often) was just changed to the unfortunately canon stuff Bowden produces.

Yeah, I read that, that's what struck up the idea after finishing the story for a twenty-seventh time.

kuled2012
01-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I read that, that's what struck up the idea after finishing the story for a twenty-seventh time.

i know this is off topic but connor's surname is not davenport, achilles had a son named connor and his surname is davenport :)

ToughGuy31
01-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Altair... I am your father.

montagemik
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I always chose to look at it as "Son of none" = 'Man of the people', A true member of the brotherhood for the good of all .
I know very little of arab culture , but this seemed appropriate to the character for me at least.

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 01:03 AM
i know this is off topic but connor's surname is not davenport, achilles had a son named connor and his surname is davenport :)

Actually, it is Davenport, as Achilles was more of a father to Connor than what Haytham was.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Actually, it is Davenport, as Achilles was more of a father to Connor than what Haytham was.
No it`s not. Connor never takes a surname while using the name Connor.

Connor Davenport is Achilles` son, so..

EscoBlades
01-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Umar is Altair's father. Always was, always will be.

That's it.

the_atm
01-12-2013, 02:39 AM

I don't under stand? is Altair not supoosed to be Altair? is his first name supposed to be Umar? If so... maybe when you join the Asssassin's (at that time and that place) you cut ties to releitves.

and Ubisoft didn't write the book, Oliver something did, so blame him.

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 02:57 AM

Ratohnhake;ton's given name is Connor Davenport.

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 02:59 AM
I don't under stand? is Altair not supoosed to be Altair? is his first name supposed to be Umar? If so... maybe when you join the Asssassin's (at that time and that place) you cut ties to releitves.

and Ubisoft didn't write the book, Oliver something did, so blame him.

No, they retain their given names. Their middle name is their father's first name.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Ratohnhake;ton's given name is Connor Davenport.
He never used the surname Davenport. He only uses the name Connor. not Davenport. Connor Davenport is Achilles` son

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 03:08 AM
He never used the surname Davenport. He only uses the name Connor. not Davenport. Connor Davenport is Achilles` son

Actually, you can't have no surname. Automatically, he takes the name of Davenport.

TheHumanTowel
01-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Actually, you can't have no surname. Automatically, he takes the name of Davenport.
Dude it's not like Connor was cashing checks and filling out insurance forms. He has no need for a last name. His name is just Connor.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 03:18 AM
Connor is the name Ratonhaketon uses to get around Colonists. He`s out of the History books. He`s an Assassin. He does not need a surname. You never hear the surname Davenport given but to Achilles` dead son. There`s no such thing as "Automatically" take. His name is not Connor Davenport. That`s Achilles` dead son. live with it. The Protagonist`s name is Ratonhaketon...not Connor Davenport. His nick name is Connor...not Connor Davenport

montagemik
01-12-2013, 03:18 AM
Dude it's not like Connor was cashing checks and filling out insurance forms. He has no need for a last name. His name is just Connor.

Wouldn't he need a second name to legally take ownership of the Manor - & everything left to him by Achilles ?
Sure his name should be Kenway - But makes more sense for him to take Achilles name , Especially after the events of AC-3 conclusion.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 03:20 AM
Wouldn't he need a second name to legally take ownership of the Manor - & everything left to him by Achilles ?
Sure his name should be Kenway - But makes more sense for him to take Achilles name , Especially after the events of AC-3 conclusion.
We never know what Connor does with the Manor. It`s stated in the Database that it disappeared sometime after the Revolution.

TheHumanTowel
01-12-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm not sure but I'd suspect Connor inheriting Achilles' manor didn't have much involvement from the government. He is off the records after all. Just in the game he never goes by anything other than just Connor. Not Connor Kenway or Connor Davenport.

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 03:25 AM
Connor is the name Ratonhake;ton uses to get around Colonists. He`s out of the History books. He`s an Assassin. He does not need a surname. You never hear the surname Davenport given but to Achilles` dead son. There`s no such thing as "Automatically" take. His name is not Connor Davenport. That`s Achilles` dead son. live with it. The Protagonist`s name is Ratonhake;ton...not Connor Davenport. His nick name is Connor...not Connor Davenport

You obviously didn't pay attention at the *SPOILER* wedding's after party. Achilles introduced Connor to some rebels, he referred to Connor as Connor Davenport. He said: "Ah, here he is. I'd like you to meet my student, Connor Davenport..." So yeah.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 03:26 AM
You obviously didn't pay attention at the *SPOILER* wedding's after party. Achilles introduced Connor to some rebels, he referred to Connor as Connor Davenport. He said: "Ah, here he is. I'd like you to meet my student, Connor Davenport..." So yeah.
Oh Yes please, I must`v missed that scene. Uhh care to show me ?? or tell which specific scene that is ?? Cuz I dont remember Achilles introducing Connor to any Rebels but Benjamin Talmadge and I`m pretty sure he never uses the surname "Davenport"

Death_Aflame
01-12-2013, 03:33 AM
Oh Yes please, I must`v missed that scene. Uhh care to show me ?? or tell which specific scene that is ?? Cuz I dont remember Achilles introducing Connor to any Rebels but Benjamin Talmadge and I`m pretty sure he never uses the surname "Davenport"

The Hunter and the Miner's after-wedding party. It's 02:32 AM over here, and I'm not going to waste my time looking for the specific link for you, find it yourself. It's like the fourth-last Homestead mission.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 03:38 AM
The Hunter and the Miner's after-wedding party. It's 02:32 AM over here, and I'm not going to waste my time looking for the specific link for you, find it yourself. It's like the fourth-last Homestead mission.
Thank you for your manners....

I`m not the one with the burden of proof, my friend...His name is not Connor Davenport...but I`ll look for it anyway

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uy0SbK9yRg

Here we go...Nothing called "Connor Davenport" here. No Rebels either...

TheHumanTowel
01-12-2013, 03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uy0SbK9yRg

Here we go...Nothing called "Connor Davenport" here. No Rebels either...
Lord that missions was so cuddly feely.

ToughGuy31
01-12-2013, 04:32 AM

Coonors last name is Kenway

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Coonors last name is Kenway
Not that either. he never uses a surname...

Or at least that may be a BIT plausible, since he WAS called Connor Kenway in some promotional media

LoyalACFan
01-12-2013, 07:33 AM
His name is Ratonhnhake:ton. That's it. One word. All Mohawk names are unique, there's no need for a surname. "Connor" is just a nickname given to him to move about in colonial circles. It only resembles Connor Davenport's name because Achilles thought of him as a second son. He never took the Davenport name for himself. That said, if he was ever asked to provide a surname for some reason, I imagine he'd use Davenport, since he wasn't exactly the best of friends with his daddy.

ON-TOPIC

After playing AC1 and AC2, I assumed Ibn la-Ahad was just a title given to Altair because his parents died when he was a child. Son of none = because his parents were dead, not because it was a family name. The Codex suggested that Assassins of Altair's time cut family ties pretty early on, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense that he kept his dad's name. But then The Forgotten Crusade came along and retconned the hell out of everything, including the line of the Codex that said Altair never cared about his father... Sigh.

RinoTheBouncer
01-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Arab names are like someone's name is Ra'ed and father's name is Zaid, Ra'ed's son "Mohammed" will be called Mohammed Ra'ed Zaid not Mohammed Zaid.

lothario-da-be
01-12-2013, 11:46 AM

He probably was, but if it stayed the plan they would have at least said it afther Revelations or ingame.

SaintPerkele
01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
After playing AC1 and AC2, I assumed Ibn la-Ahad was just a title given to Altair because his parents died when he was a child. Son of none = because his parents were dead, not because it was a family name. The Codex suggested that Assassins of Altair's time cut family ties pretty early on, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense that he kept his dad's name. But then The Forgotten Crusade came along and retconned the hell out of everything, including the line of the Codex that said Altair never cared about his father... Sigh.
I never read Oliver Bowden's stuff but I still feel that he ruined so much of the AC franchise, including Altair's character, Malik, and Haytham before the events of AC3..