PDA

View Full Version : Fix at least the 860kb music bug

Pages : [1] 2

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
I would like to make an appeal to Ubisoft developers:

We have been told that the patch will take longer than expected, and we do not have a release date nor an ETA. Mr_Shade says that making a patch for PC takes a longer process, due to the difference in hardware / software of the users.

Despite that, I'm sure that releasing a small fix, just for the music missing bug, is something that can be done immediately, as probably it's already included in the bigger patch. Just release it now so to let people who buyed and installed the DLC can play. It's acknowledged that the bug is caused by a script error in the DX11_DLC_3.forge file (860kb), and anyone with a basic knowledge of programming language can support the fact that this is fixable in ten minutes.

We can wait for the rest of the patch content. But we CANNOT play without music.

If releasing immediately a mini-fix for the bug is not possible, I would like to know the reasons. Thanks.

SaDem99
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM
And they should fix the huge fps drop in boston. i don't know if you have that or not

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 02:31 PM
And they should fix the huge fps drop in boston. i don't know if you have that or not

I think that is the reason behind the delay. Fixing graphic performance is difficult, changing a line in a 860kb script isn't.

dean24us
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
+1 vote :)

sharkdrutt
01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I tried to contact tech support several times, invain....

"they are aware of that problem"

Mr_Shade
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
if support are saying they are aware - it's best to wait for future patches.

the patching process is ongoing, so this next patch is already in testing, so it may have some fixes - but miss new issues.

For issues not fixed in the next update, you should still report to support - even though they are aware, it highlights the amount of people affected - and may prompt them to push the issue for a quicker fix.

dean24us
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Mr_Shade,

Is the 'missing music' issue going to be addressed in the patch? I don't see any mention of it in the original patch notes. Unlike the FPS issue where some people are okay and others aren't, this issue appears to be a universal problem for anyone who installed the DLC.

On a side note, I have been holding off on using my Season Pass for downloading the DLC due to the issue. I've seen several other users, both on the Ubi and Steam forums, that are also holding off on the DLC for the same reason. In our cases, we can't contact support to open a ticket on the issue (i.e. since we aren't technically having an issue because we haven't installed the DLC). Consequently, the number of users affected by the issue is much greater than is probably being reported.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
As far as I am aware - the patch is as listed.

The team are aware of the issue though, so a future update 'may' correct it.

Have to say 'may' since I don't currently have information on forthcoming fixes other than the next one.

However I would still alert support that you have the DLC however are waiting to install it.

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
sorry Mr_Shade, english isn't my mother language. I don't understand clearly what you're telling us: devs are aware of the bug but it won't be fixed in the upcoming patch? Are you sure about it?

There's no chance that the fix will be listed in the PC version of the patch notes?

dean24us
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
As far as I am aware - the patch is as listed.

Have to say 'may' since I don't currently have information on forthcoming fixes other than the next one.

However I would still alert support that you have the DLC however are waiting to install it.

Not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but it's still an answer -- thanks for the feedback. I'll do as you suggest and open a ticket w/ support.

For others that are in the same boat (waiting for the issue to be fixed before installing the DLC), I recommend you do the same. Hopefully, the squeaky wheel will get the grease.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
sorry Mr_Shade, english isn't my mother language. I don't understand clearly what you're telling us: devs are aware of the bug but it won't be fixed in the upcoming patch? Are you sure about it?

There's no chance that the fix will be listed in the PC version of the patch notes?
as far as I am aware - it's not in the listed fixes - however I maybe wrong.

issues that arose after the patch was started - are sometimes flagged for the next patch / update - rather than try and fit it into the current one - since it may not always be an easy fix.

Anykeyer
01-11-2013, 04:17 PM

This is completelly unacceptable. There can be no "may" as long as your company does not stop this DLC sales and refund everyone. This should have been fixed long ago. Its not some minor issue, its biggest experience-breaking bug. And a lot of players are aware of it, be sure. Its just PC community isnt primarily english-speaking, so they dont spam your forum with thousand pages long threads about it.

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Mr_Shade, have you got the rights (and will) to ask this important question directly to the patch programmers, and give us a clear answer?
It's hard for me to believe that the info you got about the patch is limited to the release notes.

Mr_Shade
01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Its just PC community isnt primarily english-speaking, so they dont spam your forum with thousand pages long threads about it.There are plenty of non english Ubi forums - so as long as they are posting in their regional forums, Ubi is well aware.

I will see if I can find anything further about the issue, however as I said, my current understanding is it's very high up the 'to do' list - if not in the patch.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Come on MRShade...

i

i just..
How could you do this? it's fixable in 10 minutes!? why not just fix it and release it! i just want to play this game with the DLC i BOUGHT

I don't understand how this could not be a part of the next patch

Mr_Shade
01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
since it's not an advertised fix - I am double checking.

I do not want people to assume it's in the next patch - which is already in the testing process, so may have passed the point of no return.

hwever like I say, I am checking, since I have been wrong before.

even IF its not in the patch, it maybe possible to issue a smaller patch to fix it - however I am not one to say.

Anykeyer
01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
There are plenty of non english Ubi forums - so as long as they are posting in their regional forums, Ubi is well aware.

I will see if I can find anything further about the issue, however as I said, my current understanding is it's very high up the 'to do' list - if not in the patch.

I see only a few in "Go to other forums locale" drop-down. No romanian, bulgarian, hindi, russian and so on. Im judging by my Uplay friends list and a few other people I know but dont have in friends directly. For example I only have 1 native english-speaking friend, he is from UK, and 50+ others (and I dont keep strangers in my list too)
Im glad this bug is on high priority through. Thanks for confirmation.

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
oh, and have you read the reports of some users in this forum who have been in contact with the support? of course they could "lie", but the support told them that the music missing would have been fixed in the upcpming patch.
It seems like we have a contradiction here... So, could you plese verify this info? Thank you very much for communicating with us on this matter

Mr_Shade
I see only a few in "Go to other forums locale" drop-down. No romanian, bulgarian, hindi, russian and so on. Im judgining by my Uplay friends list and a few other people I know but dont have in friends directly. For example I only have 1 native english-speaking friend, he is from UK, and 50+ others (and I dont keep strangers in my list too)
Im glad this bug is on high priority through. Thanks for confirmation.

people in other regions - they goto www.ubi.com (http://www.ubi.com)

if they click the forum link from there, it takes them to their local forum - if available.

support told them that the music missing would have been fixed in the upcpming patch.
It seems like we have a contradiction here...

it maybe a case of a missunderstanding - about the patch - since the patch about to release is not the only one - more will come in the future.

so it may refer to another patch in the future - however like I said, I am checking - since it's not listed on the next patch notes.

migha89
I approve of this thread!! I haven't played the game since installing the DLC. How can they NOT include a fix for the critical issue?? Even after postponing it this long they can at least fix some new issues. For consoles they have to wait and get the approval of each manufacture (i.e. Sony and Microsoft) but this is not the case for PC, as soon as they have a patch they test it and release it. This isn't about anything free, but people have actually payed to get additional experience with the downloadable content... this is ripping off!

Mr_Shade
01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
For consoles they have to wait and get the approval of each manufacture (i.e. Sony and Microsoft) but this is not the case for PC, as soon as they have a patch they test it and release it. This isn't about anything free, but people have actually payed to get additional experience with the downloadable content... this is ripping off!There is still a very long testing phase.

The patch was delayed due to issues which were highlighted in the testing - which if not caught could have have made even more problems.

So releasing for PC - can be just as tricky as console.

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I would suggest to open a sticky thread about it. It would be fair to advise the customers.

There's a temporary solution for this: deleting the aforementioned DX11_DLC_3.forge from the main AC3 directory brings back the music in game, but the old saves won't work anymore and you have to restart the game from the beginning (of course without the DLC content)

It would be helpful for people who just bought the DLC or the season pass (yes they're still selling a corrupted file).

Tim_Skijwalker
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
since it's not an advertised fix - I am double checking.

I do not want people to assume it's in the next patch - which is already in the testing process, so may have passed the point of no return.

hwever like I say, I am checking, since I have been wrong before.

even IF its not in the patch, it maybe possible to issue a smaller patch to fix it - however I am not one to say.

I appreciate it... now let's hope the guys working on the fixes are as supporting as you are at the moment. if that was the case we would have a fix soon.

L_Alejo
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
It would be much apreciated if this issue would be fixed with the next patch, I mean really...I havn't been able to play because I bought the game's DLC...that's just unfair in so many ways :/

This music bug is what has been stopping me from playing the game, and no, deleting the DLC files is not a viable solution for me, since I already had quite a lenghty playthrough, so really, as a consumer who has been directly affected by purchasing a product which can't be refunded as of now, I truly demand more coverage on this issue, this is truly what breaks the whole game for me, more than the FPS drops or any other issue regarding the PC version. :/

Boemundus
01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
It would be much apreciated if this issue would be fixed with the next patch, I mean really...I havn't been able to play because I bought the game's DLC...that's just unfair in so many ways :/

This music bug is what has been stopping me from playing the game, and no, deleting the DLC files is not a viable solution for me, since I already had quite a lenghty playthrough, so really, as a consumer who has been directly affected by purchasing a product which can't be refunded as of now, I truly demand more coverage on this issue, this is truly what breaks the whole game for me, more than the FPS drops or any other issue regarding the PC version. :/

I'm in the exact same situation

ElleCore
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Funny thing... I could barely play before with the fps drops and all, and now that I have a new GPU which runs AC3 perfectly, the sound bugs are the ones pissing me off.. Sigh..

migha89
01-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm in the exact same situation

Believe me there are many others! UBI support doesn't acknowledge this problem and they are still blaming it on us telling us to rest audio drives and what not. The last time I got an answer from them was about 1 week ago tellig me to check my speakers and they haven't responded since I updated my inquiry :nonchalance:

Boemundus
01-12-2013, 01:17 PM
I lie in wait for the music bug fix. Not fixing it in the next patch would ashameful, not to mention that it's a trivial script error in a 680kb ( !!!!!) file.
Rumors say that the 1.02 patch will be over 1 gygabite.
Now how can they tell me that a 680kb file isn't going to be fixed because it was not scheduled? The music missing bug was aknowledged immediately the day of DLC release, cmon !

We'll see ! I hope they don't try to tease us on this matter.
Oh, and remember they're still selling a broken file that corrupts your saves and makes the game unplayable. It's like selling a virus LOL.
I asked to create at least a sticky thread in this forum to inform the customers. I have been ignored, and that proves that their main goal is to sell the DLC , no matter if it corrupts the game. They won't let the customers know !!

Have they got some dignity??

Pleasefixmyacc
01-12-2013, 02:03 PM
The War Z got alot of **** and even removed from Steam. Ubi shouldnt even be selling this game to PC users, pay full price for a bugged game.

ElleCore
01-12-2013, 05:23 PM
The War Z got alot of **** and even removed from Steam. Ubi shouldnt even be selling this game to PC users, pay full price for a bugged game.

So this game has a few bugs and PC version ain't as good as consoles'. But comparing War Z to AC3, War Z not even being a proper game in the first place, is just like comparing a piece of gold to a speck of dirt.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM

haha xD
I would not compare the warz to ACIII =P
[image removed]

Boemundus
01-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Mr_Shade you promised us that you would have checked this information asap... Do you have any news?

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Mr_Shade you promised us that you would have checked this information asap... Do you have any news?
Since it's the weekend, time zone differences and work pattens prevented me posting before now.

I have some slightly bad news, the music fix is not in the next to release patch, which some have assumed due to supports comments - the latest patch is already in testing.

I know this may disappoint some of you, however I don't want you disappointed when it arrives.

While many of you are assuming it's everyone who is suffering this missing music issue, it's not quite that simple or widespread [ I know many on the forums are affected]

The team are investigating, however they need more people to report and supply detailed set up / software / hardware information - via support.

If the team can not reproduce the issue, consistently, and no, it's not a simple case of installing the DLC - then it makes fixing it even more tricky.. so please send reports directly to support if you are affected:

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

The more reports and information they get the better!

L_Alejo
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Since it's the weekend, time zone differences and work pattens prevented me posting before now.

I have some slightly bad news, the music fix is not in the next to release patch, which some have assumed due to supports comments - the latest patch is already in testing.

I know this may disappoint some of you, however I don't want you disappointed when it arrives.

While many of you are assuming it's everyone who is suffering this missing music issue, it's not quite that simple or widespread [ I know many on the forums are affected]

The team are investigating, however they need more people to report and supply detailed set up / software / hardware information - via support.

If the team can not reproduce the issue, consistently, and no, it's not a simple case of installing the DLC - then it makes fixing it even more tricky.. so please send reports directly to support if you are affected:

Thanks for the reply, though I can't deny how utterly disappointed I am.......

And no, it's not everyone who suffers this issue, you know what's the sad part? only the people who bought the Hidden Secrets DLC is affected by this, and wanna know something even more depressing? people who bought the Deluxe edition already had ALL the content from the Hidden Secrets DLC, so because we gave Ubisoft even more money, we end up with a broken game (yes, the music issue does make it feel REALLY broken), content that we already had, and a file that's less tan 1 MB in size which breaks the whole music thing, yet by deleting it we lose our savegames, and then there's the other thing...the next patch won't fix this issue, which is in no way related to sound drivers or hardware, it's just that **** file DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge, and all due to a stupid line of coding...

And yes, I reported the issue as soon as it appeared, got a responde about a month after I reported it, asking me to update my drivers, it was only after I provided links, an proof that other people were having the same issue (Hell, I even sent support the DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge file) and still nothing...amazing. :/

Boemundus
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
obviously I sent a ticket to support more than a month ago. After proving that it wasn't a driver issue, they told me that they were going to inform the devs about it. This happened like in the beginning of december.

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 07:54 PM
if you have already reported - please reopen and state the issue is still ongoing if you have not already.

remember to give a full hardware / software breakdown and your dxdiag info

MeIagius
01-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I provided everything they asked, and still, the last update they made on my ticket was 12/21/2012.
Yes, the ticket is still open.

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
I provided everything they asked, and still, the last update they made on my ticket was 12/15/2012.
Yes, the ticket is still open.
If they don't have a fix, then they may not be able to answer the issue, so they may sometimes not update it.

If they sent you a FAQ etc to try - you need to make sure they are aware you are still affected.

Bobbtom
01-14-2013, 01:40 AM
I would like that the music bug IS caused by the DLC fie and removing the file fixes the bug. I would also like to stress that you NEED to have the DLC INSTALLED and ACTIVATED to experience the bug.

Starlord_49
01-14-2013, 02:19 AM
I don't understand why do we have to send our specs

it's not a problem from our computer but from the dlc! Everybody on pc who bought the dlc is affected by that

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
I'TS A DLC PROBLEM!!!iF YOU ERASE THE DLC FILE THE MUSIC REAPPEARS!!!

vinx980
01-14-2013, 03:33 PM

It's so difficult for the "DEV" team to try:

1)installing the game without DLC
2)starting a new profile , reaching the entrance of the temple or the at the opera at sequence 1 and listening to the background music
3)exiting the game, installing DLC Hidden "Music" Secrets
4)starting with the same profile the previous profile to prove that there isn't no more music at all.

STOP SELLING THIS DLC for PC USERS AND DECLARE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH IT!

Boemundus
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Ok, I'd like to point out my concerns about this matter, I'll try to be clear even if english isn't my language. On the infamous "music missing bug" many words have been told, but I also think there's a lot of misunderstanding and confusion going around. I'd also like to sum up what we know about it and what has been the official feedback given by Ubisoft.

1) DLC "Hidden Secrets" was released for PC in the first week of december. As soon as it was released many customers wrote in this forum (as the date of this thread testifies) about the bug caused by the DLC installation. It's 14 of january here, more than a month passed.
Mr_Shade posted on 12-16-2012 telling he would report to the devs : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/736314-Dlc-1-problem-Music-missing?p=8803965&viewfull=1#post8803965

conclusion: The devs don't ever read the forums, nor they listen to forum manager's reports. They ignored the bug.

2) The bug affects large majority of players: 94% of them, as testified by this poll : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738248-Assassin-s-Creed-III-No-music-after-installing-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-lt-IMPORTANT!!!-gt
This majority of players have already sent tickets to support, often receiving unsatisfactory answers (like checking audio drivers).

conclusion: the recent suggestion by Mr_Shade to contact support is late and contradictory.

3) The justification according to which the customers shouldn't expect the fix in the ucoming patch. Mr_Shade says that it wasn't expected in the official patch notes. However some users reported this words told to them by the official support: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/738248-Assassin-s-Creed-III-No-music-after-installing-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-lt-IMPORTANT!!!-gt?p=8848909&viewfull=1#post8848909
furthermore, the specific PC patch notes are not yet published, and it's absolutely legitimate to expect a major fix for a game-breaking bug that has been known from early december.

conclusion: ubisoft communication is blackhanded and in most cases contradictory. They seem to "clutch at straws" everytime.

4) Ubisoft is still selling the bugged DLC without informing the customers. My suggestion to create a sticky thread about it, to warn new customers, has been utterly ignored.

conclusion: the company wants to make much money as possible, ignoring customer's right to be informed about the product.

5) The statement about " Troubleshooting in PC ambient is difficult" ( Mr_Shade) . May be right in the majority of cases: but it has been aknowledged that the bug is caused by a 680kb file named DX11_DLC_3.forge , installed in the AC3 main directory when the DLC is purchased. Removing/renaming this file deletes the bug, but has collateral effects such deleting the DLC content purchased by the user, and preventing the previous save game access.

conclusion: it's utterly unbelievable that a modern-day developement studio could not even "look at" the cause of the bug. Because that is what we know today. The devs "are still investigating". As an intelligent being I cannot trust this statement, and my logic tells me that they ignored the problem, even if support, forums, and forum manager informed them about it more than a month ago.

Mr_Shade
01-14-2013, 03:44 PM
As I posted at the time, supports comment about it being fixed in a forthcoming patch, shouldn't be taken as the one currently in testing, unless its listed in the patch notes, which it wasn't.

People assumed it was fixed in the current patch, which I have tried to correct, however some appear to ignore those comments, so I can only apologise.

Your support requests over the issue are still needed, so please continue to report it.

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
but we said you where's the problem!!!!It's the file named DX11_DLC_3.forge,focus on that line!!!

however,Jokerillo,you are the man ;)

vinx980
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
As I posted at the time, supports comment about it being fixed in a forthcoming patch, shouldn't be taken as the one currently in testing, unless its listed in the patch notes, which it wasn't.

People assumed it was fixed in the current patch, which I have tried to correct, however some appear to ignore those comments, so I can only apologise.

Your support requests over the issue are still needed, so please continue to report it.

Ok, explain us why Ubisoft still continue to sell this DLC even if they knows that cause a major problem to the game.
I call it a fraud/scam.

Really, I'm going do denounce you for a refund at the customer defense for selling something that clearly doesn't work.
I'll start with the Office de la protection du Consommateur de Quebec ( http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/Webforms/PES/PlainteEnLigne/Informations_En.aspx ) , maybe they'll know what to do.

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Patch came out and guess what.... still the music bug...

This is going far beyond ridiculous...

Did we wait 2 months for this????
Are you serious?

I know why they released the patch, because THEY HAD TO...there was no way back, tommorrow the DLC comes out...

LambertoKevlar
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Waitin for a fps patch...

SaDem99
01-14-2013, 08:08 PM
I am really getting tired of your **** Ubisoft. we patiently wait and when the patch comes out no fps fix ?

sharkdrutt
01-14-2013, 08:17 PM

I tried to report the issue to support several times...

I have the feeling I'm in some kind of "ignore" option.

They send me the same auto message over and over again:

We know about this issue, we are working on it

Now, I don't know if it's true... maybe an autmatic response?
I'd like to have a proper conversation with support...clearly state the issue and recieve some proper answers

Boemundus
01-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I think to speak fro everyone saying that we demand a 1.03 patch with the music bug fix

Bakin360
01-14-2013, 09:18 PM
I think to speak fro everyone saying that we demand a 1.03 patch with the music bug fix

+1 I've played the single player campaign for about 10 hours before installing the corrupted DLC. I don't want to start all over.

vinx980
01-14-2013, 09:33 PM

+1

miranzzz
01-14-2013, 09:36 PM
the music bug just get this frame rate drops out of the game

L_Alejo
01-14-2013, 09:37 PM

I second this, but I do believe that more than waiting for patch 1.03 (since we know that's gonna take months, specially for us...), we should demand a hotfix, I mean just how **** hard could it be to release a **** hotfix? seriously, Ubisoft just has to get the right DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge online and everything would be fixed, no need for a new patch, no testing, just release the propper file, we KNOW that file is the cause, and we can be almost sure that because it is merely 800 kb in size, the fix would not be more than changing a couple lines of coding.

SO I DEMAND THE 1.03 PATCH OR A **** HOTFIX WITH THE CORRECT FILE.

Boemundus
01-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Yes , a hotfix would be perfect

L_Alejo
01-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes , a hotfix would be perfect

Yeah, regarding software, supposedly when an update breaks something instead of fixing it, there is supposed to be a Hotfix, AMD does this with almost every driver update, and I have experienced several games that had issues caused by patches that were adressed by Hotfixes (Mafia 2, Deus Ex HR, The Binding of Isaac, and some others come to mind) and it should be fairly easy in this case considering that the community already pointed out the source of the problem, I mean seriously Ubisoft what the ****. :/

nekitbro1234567
01-14-2013, 10:33 PM
if you have already reported - please reopen and state the issue is still ongoing if you have not already.

remember to give a full hardware / software breakdown and your dxdiag info

Doesn't the DxDiag itself give the full breakdown?

Anyway, I used the link you provided to submit my problem about the missing music bug. So, here's my thank you for being helpful with the advice and latest news, but I also want to give you my personal customer feedback as well.

I think its bad business to release DLC that instead of adding value to an existing product, rather creates a serious problem instead. I can't possibly imagine an issue as big as "missing music" didn't come up during testing when so many people have reported this specific problem (its not like a bunch of people had a variation of the problem, but those reporting this issue are all uniform in their description of the problem: "missing music after DLC"). This is something that severely handicaps one of the major features of this game - in its vivid cinema-esque cut scenes that are meant to immerse you in the story; needless to say (I would hope) it isn't a finished product without it. Would you expect to see a movie and find out in the theater that there was just one small problem: all the music from scenes that are actually supposed to have music, is actually missing?! You would probably ask, how did this happen in the first place? As a customer you would, at a minimum, expect that the theater makes preparations to ensure (to the best of their ability) that everything is working before a show.

If this hypothetical example actually occurred at a movie theater, the audience would be upset and demand a refund on the spot for such an obvious and major flaw in the presentation, and rightfully so. I understand that things may take time to fix and I can appreciate that; once again thanks for your honesty. But, in many customer's eyes, DLC with associated problems of this magnitude, that as of this moment can only be defined by its absurd gameplay defeating qualities, never should have been able to reach release in the first place. It makes us wonder what sort of screening process is used to begin with, is there one at all, what sort of care and consideration are you choosing to provide your customers with? Is there an officially apology at the very least? This whole thing makes a subset of your customer base angry for having wasted our time, expectations and money on your product; a poor reflection on Ubisofts quality control (a very important part of any business). Additionally, as a customer I have now come to expect similar outcomes from Ubisoft products and I'll be wary of making future purchases. This is not a brand that reassures me, moving forward, that I'll be getting what I pay for. I shall weigh my future entertainment purchases against my consideration of Ubisoft products as being a hit or miss opportunity and will expect your prices to reflect that .

While not a personal attack on you, or a suggestion that you have control of anything I mentioned here, I believe it's incumbent upon you to take this feedback to whoever it is that deals with customer feedback.

Vlahdone
01-14-2013, 11:15 PM
OK, I'm a bit confused when it comes to this missing music bug.

I bought Digital Deluxe on release and as such I played with the DLC from the beginning. I did notice the lack of music in the cities and frontier, but I assumed it's just an atmospheric choice as there are plenty of background sounds and I had the music playing in combat, cutscenes and missions. However, I stopped playing and waited on the patch anyway because of the dual holster bug.

So, since I have no personal before and after reference for comparison, from which points precisely in the game has the music disappeared? Like some specific locations, cutscenes or missions from sequences 1-8 since, like I said, I'm unsure where there's *supposed* to be music and where there isn't.

L_Alejo
01-14-2013, 11:20 PM
OK, I'm a bit confused when it comes to this missing music bug.

I bought Digital Deluxe on release and as such I played with the DLC from the beginning. I did notice the lack of music in the cities and frontier, but I assumed it's just an atmospheric choice as there are plenty of background sounds and I had the music playing in combat, cutscenes and missions. However, I stopped playing and waited on the patch anyway because of the dual holster bug.

So, since I have no personal before and after reference for comparison, from which points precisely in the game has the music disappeared? Like some specific cutscenes or missions from sequences 1-8 since, like I said, I'm unsure where there's *supposed* to be music and where there isn't.

The very beggining, the Opera with Haytham is a perfect example, or whenever there is a brawl (on the shipt or the tavern as Haytham) or when Haythams chases Ziio, when Connor throws the Tea into the river, etc etc.

Vlahdone
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
I just checked the opera and Tea Party, and yes, the music's missing. I can distinctly remember it being there previously. I stopped playing a few days before Hidden Secrets was released to everyone, so I didn't notice.

So whatever they screwed up, it wasn't present with the DLC from the start and was introduced later.

Also, is there supposed to be any music when you're running around Boston or the frontier outside of missions, because I never did have any there?

L_Alejo
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
I just checked the opera and Tea Party, and yes, the music's missing. I can distinctly remember it being there previously. I stopped playing a few days before Hidden Secrets was released to everyone, so I didn't notice.

So whatever they screwed up, it wasn't present with the DLC from the start and was introduced later.

Also, is there supposed to be any music when you're running around Boston or the frontier outside of missions, because I never did have any there?

Only during missions and important events, and sometimes randomly, there will be music each time you fight, and sometimes when entering enemy territories, but overall there is not much soundtrack when you're freeroaming.

Vlahdone
01-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Only during missions and important events, and sometimes randomly, there will be music each time you fight, and sometimes when entering enemy territories, but overall there is not much soundtrack when you're freeroaming.
OK, that sounds about right, thanks.

Anyway, it seems like it's back to waiting on another patch...

Anykeyer
01-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Also with this DLC bug most naval missions start with some short (about 10-15s) music cue. But then it completellly stops. Music still plays correctly in certain occasions, like fighting random guards or raising flag during fort liberation. But all mission-specific music is gone.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM

^[image removed]

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
If people want it fixing - then they need to report it and help the team recreate it.

I have posted a few times asking people to do this, however it always ends up with people not wanting too..

As I posted before, not all systems with the DLC installed are affected - the team need more help finding the hardware configurations which are.

The team will use a wide range of different hardware in testing, but at present they are not having much luck reproducing this issue.

And yes, before anyone trys to be smart and say 'just install the DLC ffs!!' - they have done.

so, guys, PLEASE report it directly to support with yoru dxdiag and set up info!

Do not post your set up info only here, since support are the ones who need to collate them and find the root issue.

www.support.ubi.com

Tim_Skijwalker
01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
If people want it fixing - then they need to report it and help the team recreate it.

I tried... believe me.. i did

I also get in Contact with dutch support -_-
I think they have a case of trisomy 21 :nonchalance:

Ctrl C + Ctrl V are their favorite and only keys i think

sharkdrutt
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM

I have posted a few times asking people to do this, however it always ends up with people not wanting too..

As I posted before, not all systems with the DLC installed are affected - the team need more help finding the hardware configurations which are.

The team will use a wide range of different hardware in testing, but at present they are not having much luck reproducing this issue.

And yes, before anyone trys to be smart and say 'just install the DLC ffs!!' - they have done.

so, guys, PLEASE report it directly to support with yoru dxdiag and set up info!

Do not post your set up info only here, since support are the ones who need to collate them and find the root issue.

I reported it several times...

yesterday again

but now I get automatic responses...which make no sense :/

btw Mr_Shade, did you try to reproduce this problem?

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 01:55 PM
You may get an automated reply - of a FAQ to try or if the issue is a known one.

However your ticket and information still count.

Your system info is still used by the team etc, so it's still important to report issues, even if they are already known or others say it's a waste of time.

If you get a FAQ and it does not work, make sure to tell them that, and don't simply assume it's not important.

MeIagius
01-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Why they ask us a dxdiag file if they don't know how to read it?
They just said the problem is my integrated intel video card, since i have one i7, of course I have an integrated chipset.
They don't even noticed that I also have an Nvidia card.

Boemundus
01-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Got a response today from official support:

They are aware of the issue but don't have an ETA for the fix.

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
You may get an automated reply - of a FAQ to try or if the issue is a known one.

However your ticket and information still count.

Your system info is still used by the team etc, so it's still important to report issues, even if they are already known or others say it's a waste of time.

If you get a FAQ and it does not work, make sure to tell them that, and don't simply assume it's not important.

mr shade,please,try assassin's creed 3,buy the dlc and touch the issue with your hands

Tim_Skijwalker
01-15-2013, 02:28 PM
or get it for free =P
you work for ubisoft ;)

better suggestion

get the game
play until sequence 7 or 8
install DLC

find out music is gone
join the club ;D
we will welcome you with open arms

Mr_Shade
01-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Well I don't want to post that I did have the dlc.. and didn't have the issue..

since you won't believe me anyway.. since I work for them.

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 03:16 PM
oh my god...

Boemundus
01-15-2013, 04:13 PM

lucky guy... I assume you checked opera house sequence etc

vinx980
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
are you sure that you have your dlc activated?

Do you have dlc2xx.forge dlc3xx.forge in your root directory?
Do you have the Lost Mayan Ruins, the Ghost of War, and a Dangerous Secret naval missions?

Do you have AMBIENT SOUND at the OPERA (sequence 1 , singing at the opera)?

vinx980
01-15-2013, 04:59 PM
I dint had the music bug until I putted DLC key into the game, have you putted your key?
Even if Steam says you that your DLC is installed but you didn't put your key into the game you didn't activate it.

ZombiePyroNinja
01-15-2013, 06:29 PM
You know what?
Thank you Mr Shade I am having the Music bug as well but i can plainly recognize that you are honestly helping and putting up with people complaining. They are indeed failing to see that without you we would be here speculating and messing around with our thumbs. Thank you for trying your hardest and dispensing the best advice you can on this subject and furthermore dealing with everyone looking at you like your the devil himself. So again; Thank you. I myself have sent in a ticket with my information and awaiting a reply.

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
But i'm glad Mr Shade is here but he can't carry on to negate the evidence...

masikpasik3
01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
what it means - ETA ? write more about this problem

masikpasik3
01-15-2013, 08:01 PM
I correctly understand, mistake with the music, they will not fix ?

masikpasik3
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
2 months have passed and you still can not remove the error with the music.
Who do you work there?

masikpasik3
01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
three times I spoke to technical support, I have completely all that is properly installed, it is a mistake on your part. And you have no conscience.
You do not respect people!

ProletariatPleb
01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
2 months have passed and you still can not remove the error with the music.
Who do you work there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buaxIlgXqI

vinx980
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
new answer from UbiSupport regarding this bug:

Hello ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive towards the end of January. I apologize for this issue and we hope to have this matter resolved as quickly as possible.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM

http://s2.static-iceb.org/pov/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/480x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/point-of-view-cameras-video-or-it-didnt-happen-tee.jpg

:p

Boemundus
01-15-2013, 09:33 PM
it will most likely arrive towards the end of January. I apologize for this issue and we hope to have this matter resolved as quickly as possible.

Mr_Shade can you confirm this info?

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Ii hope it's true.

Anduril79
01-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Agreed!

LambertoKevlar
01-15-2013, 09:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fa3a50pLmu8

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 09:20 AM
ok let's keep this thread up

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 10:25 AM
I agree
I want to continue my game one day.. this needs to be fixed

GalakFyarr
01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
PLEASE FIX DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge, A MERE 800KB SIZE. HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIX SUCH A SMALL FILE AND SEND IT AWAY TO BE INSTALLED ON EVERYONE'S COMPUTER? HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE TO READ OVER AN 800KB FILE?

I realise the devs are working on the FPS problems and other glitches, but SERIOUSLY. 800 KB. Take 1 hour (I'm a pessimist), fix the file, send it away. I want to see Steam download an 800 KB Update for AC 3.

Anykeyer
01-16-2013, 11:24 AM
I realise the devs are working on the FPS problems and other glitches

Ahahaha. You made my day

GalakFyarr
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Ahahaha. You made my day

shhhhhh they need to feel loved.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 12:13 PM
it might not even be fixed....
http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1315550015703489.gif

migha89
01-16-2013, 01:56 PM
>Takes one month longer to test a patch with minor updates to insure it runs correctly on all pc's
>Can't test DLC they're going to sell to see if it runs correctly
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/migha/ScumbagUbi_zps46980679.jpg

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
I hope news about a fix will come soon

Mr_Shade
01-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Please do not bump threads..

if you have nothing to add, please do not post - since bumping is considered spam - as per the forum rules.

This thread is active, so people are still posting in it, so no need to bump..?

bumping will only result in the spam posts deleted / thread being locked.

so far I have tried to give you guys info and as much leeway as I can, but constantly bumping or spamming images does have to stop.

LambertoKevlar
01-16-2013, 06:22 PM
new answer from UbiSupport regarding this bug:

Hello ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive towards the end of January. I apologize for this issue and we hope to have this matter resolved as quickly as possible.
ok,can you confirm this?

Mr_Shade
01-16-2013, 06:29 PM
At present I am unable to confirm any contents of future patches.

I would not jump to conclusions based on that, it simply says there is another patch planed, not that it will fix the issue, so best to wait for official confirmatory posts.

I would hate a repeat of the last few days due to assumptions.

I will check if they are willing to confirm any info though.

YayaTourette
01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey Mr_Shade,
it would be nice if you could confirm AT PRESENT, that Ubisoft is actually working to get mail, links and keys out of the door for all season pass holders. Though I have pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition that included the season pass I did get absolutely nothing in therms of DLC, neiter no.1 nor no. 2. And UBI support is actually non-existent over here in Germany.

Regards,

Frank

D_R_A_K_E_1488
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM

Mr_Shade, I not believe you. I did the easiest think - reinstall the game. And then, Firstly, I updated game to 1.02 through Ubisoft Autoupdate.
Secondly, I install files of DLC 1, DLC 2, and Benedict Arnold DLC. Then I start a new game, and already in first sequence, there is NO MUSIC in cutscenes.

There is a video with DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjx3LgDVM0c&feature=youtu.be
And there is without DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVO47L3SQ8&feature=youtu.be
Second video is slightly lag. Sorry for that.

The first video is not so epic, isn't it? Without music, the game is UNPLAYABLE!

Sorry for my bad English.

Mr_Shade
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey Mr_Shade,
it would be nice if you could confirm AT PRESENT, that Ubisoft is actually working to get mail, links and keys out of the door for all season pass holders. Though I have pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition that included the season pass I did get absolutely nothing in therms of DLC, neiter no.1 nor no. 2. And UBI support is actually non-existent over here in Germany.

Regards,

Frank
Issues with codes, should be directed to the retailer or ubi support.

if you purchased via the Ubishop, you should use the support links from there to ask them about it.

since you have 2 missing codes, I suggest you do it as soon as possible.

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 07:07 PM
AlexMerses2127: AWESOME POST !!!!

Did you do the videos?!

This is a clear , empirical prove of what we're saying since early december!!!
The Devs should REALLY visit the forums sometimes.

If you could do other videos showing also the Opera House sequence with and without music, it would be GREAT, thanks

LambertoKevlar
01-16-2013, 07:09 PM
aaaaa...i'm tired,very very tired....it's an endless odissey

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks a lot Alex

if a videos is what it's gonna take I would happily record one a well (same issue but it can provide as extra proof, exactly same issue for me though).. just to show my issues.. like with DLC and without DLC.. (all in one video...)

Why can't a game dev come to this forum and look?
Should be part of their job right? ubi support just sucks big time,

(EDIT: **** that music is just sooo amazing... it's so freaking inspiring.. Can't wait to play this game again with music!.. the moment you see that energy wall... goosebumps everywhere!)

D_R_A_K_E_1488
01-16-2013, 07:11 PM

Did you do the videos?!

If you could do other videos showing also the Opera House sequence with and without music, it would be GREAT, thanks

Yes, the channel is mine. I do that, because I was sick of waiting for them to fix it. Because of this, I lost my save with 50% passing! This is annoying!
I'll try to put Opera House video in half an hour.

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 07:13 PM
great job guys... posting videos as evidence is something we never did before. I would do one but I don't know how !!

important videos to make:

- sequence 1 - opera house
haytham on the ship

- sequence 4- kid playing in the forest
chase along the river to save the farmer

Mr_Shade
01-16-2013, 07:14 PM

Did you do the videos?!

I don't think anyone has EVER said its not an issue for you guys?

What has been said is that they are having trouble recreating it, since its not an easy "install the DLC and see" ?

not all set ups are affected, so they needed help narrowing down the common hardware causing the problem.

I know many seem to think its an easy fix, however they need to know why some PC set ups are affected... So that means they have to have a PC where the DLC stops the music..

Which is why it's important that people affected give support the information they need...

anyway, I can see many are not interested in the reason why they have not fixed it, so will leave it there until I have confirmation on what's happening with a fix.

Boemundus
01-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Shade, thanks for the feedback. We may be "rude" sometimes, due to our frustration, but we really appreciate your efforts.
Anyway it's very hard to believe that recreating the bug is so hard.
I know about 20 people who own the game and the DLC, only 1 of them isn't affected by the bug (he has deluxe edition).

You certainly know the poll in the other forum section: 95 % of the people who voted has the issue.

p.s. about the "hardware" . The guy at Ubisoft support was very kind with me and we did many tests together, like changing audio drivers, phisically removing my Creative Soundblaster and enabling the integrated Realtek audio, changing windows audio settings. Nothing changed... but removing the DLC file brings the music back in a new save not "corrupted"... What would you think?

Bakin360
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Here a video of the music bug (opera sequence):

http://youtu.be/qkbSTFYXgnA

Mr_Shade
01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Shade, thanks for the feedback.
Anyway it's very hard to believe that recreating the bug is so hard.
I know about 20 people who own the game and the DLC, only 1 of them isn't affected by the bug (he has deluxe edition).

You certainly know the poll in the other forum section: 95 % of the people who voted has the issue.yes..

but forums attract those who have issues.. People with a problem are more likely to vote..

the fact that one person you know does not have the problem, does show that not 100% are affected, so some setups have avoided the problem.

Which is something everyone in here seems to ignore, not all systems are affected, however they assume they are.. And any attempts to correct that, end in insults.

I would not lie about he problem, if I am saying they need as much info, then it's true.. Since these are public forums and the team DO read them..

it could be something silly like on board sound card of a certain make, or a model of motherboard which does not like some line of code in the latest patch..

However the team do need to see the problem on their own systems, to understand what went wrong, so that it does not happen again..

they may have enough insight now to start fixing it, however until I have official confirmation, I am still trying to get you guys to contact support - I would rather they have too much information than not enough.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Here a video of the music bug (opera sequence):

first part of that video was epic =P

@MrShade

Do you want us to post our specs here so you can contact the dev team?
I can't deal with the incompetent support members in my country but I really want to help. If you want I can upload my test results (from that program here)
Anyone can see my PC info, I don't really care about that as long as it somehow reaches the Dev Team, so they can see my specs and maybe re create it?

let me know

2nd post:

yes..

but forums attract those who have issues.. People with a problem are more likely to vote..

the fact that one person you know does not have the problem, does show that not 100% are affected, so some setups have avoided the problem.

he mentioned that that guy has digital deluxe so that means that the DLC was included in the first install.. it is commonly known on this forums that people that got the DLC when they bought it (with their first install) don't experience this problem.

(I do believe that some people don't experience this problem because it would be weird if everyone had this and you can't recreate it) but Joker just mentioned the one guy with Digital deluxe.. so everyone he knows (19 people.. thats kind of a lot) all have that issue and that is a huge percentage.
actually

we are talking about 100% of the people that joker knows. because i think it's fair to say that the digital deluxe people got lucky

they may have enough insight now to start fixing it, however until I have official confirmation, I am still trying to get you guys to contact support - I would rather they have too much information than not enough.
totally understandable, thanks!

LambertoKevlar
01-16-2013, 07:39 PM
i have deluxe edition and the music issue too

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
i have deluxe edition and the music issue too

did you install the first DLC separately? if you did, you should already have access to it from the start because you bought digital deluxe..
Did you try uninstalling the separate installed DLC and then load your save game?

Mr_Shade
01-16-2013, 07:45 PM
See , not so simple...

It's not just the information they need, it's contacts to support to show how many are affected, which the forums can't prove, which in turn show what fixes are urgent.

i know many want the forums to bypass support, however they can't for many reasons, so thats why we always try and get people to use support..

D_R_A_K_E_1488
01-16-2013, 07:55 PM
There is a Opera sequence without music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-8lk7iMag&feature=youtu.be

Tim_Skijwalker
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
See , not so simple...

It's not just the information they need, it's contacts to support to show how many are affected, which the forums can't prove, which in turn show what fixes are urgent.

i know many want the forums to bypass support, however they can't for many reasons, so thats why we always try and get people to use support..

alright then how can i contact non dutch support because like I said.. these guys aren't the smartest and can't help me..
can i maybe contact US or UK support?
some competent people with brains?

mr_doom1987
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I have this issue too. However, i haven't noticed it before because i had already finished the game prior to the first DLC release. It should be noted that i still have gameplay music like for instance when i enter combat, i can cleary hear the combat music.
P.S. i too have the deluxe edition.
P.P.S. Maybe the guy who "has music" still has gameplay music, but he doesn't have the music in those missions.

Anykeyer
01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Everyone who had DLC properly installed and activated has this issue. If someone still has all music (not only some non-mission specific) then he did something wrong with DLC install itself. For example if you have this file but didnt enter cdkey and restarted your game afterwards then you will still have all music. Or if you entered cdkey but did not install file you will have music too.

ok,can you confirm this?
Another "end of january" patch seems very likely because its when first chapter of tyranny should release. Each DLC requires some stuff to be incorporated into base game, which means new patch. For example MP DLC refuses to install without 1.02.

masikpasik3
01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I am very disappointed words moderator, millions of players have a problem with the music.
and you say that in your system, all the normal, stop lying

masikpasik3
01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Why should I waste my time, not to play, because the developers have curved hands, low technical level

masikpasik3
01-17-2013, 05:25 PM
up

NetWalkerBR
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
For me the music was working fine until the new patch 1.02 or new DLC 2 (Battle Hardened Pack) came. I have Deluxe Edition on steam and it did not download the Hidden Secrets Pack, since those missions were already included on Deluxe Edition. Before patch 1.02, music was working fine for me. Then, on tuesday 15th, the new patch and the DLC 2 (Battle Hardened Pack) were available, steam downloaded both for me and now my music is gone. So guys, I think he problem is not related to DLC 1, but to some specific broken logic into the files that activates any DLC on your copy. Shame on you, UBI devs.

EDIT: I just remembered another action I did before my music was gone. I had reedemed my season pass key (Steam) into the game Extras menu. This has "activated" the DLC 2 (Battle Hardened Pack) and then broke my music.

Boemundus
01-17-2013, 05:38 PM
by the way, NetWalker was the one friend I mentioned which had everything working well ... :p

Tim_Skijwalker
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
by the way, NetWalker was the one friend I mentioned which had everything working well ... :p

so that's a 20/20
freaking great -_-

all DLC has this issue.. even better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ7Aod0Yq8 <- viewer discretion advised :cool:

NetWalkerBR
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I know that some of you discovered the root cause was that 864 Kb file, but I made sure support knows of it by describing two different approaches on two different PCs. The text below is from a ticket I just submitted to them.

Ok I will try to elaborate on this as more precise as I can. So please forward this directly to AC3 PC Dev Team, so they can finally fix it. Most of us, PC users (90%+, according to a official forum poll) are suffering with this issue in the game. The music is broke/gone after the DLC 1 (Hidden Secrets Pack) is installed or activated in the game. I have two copies of the game installed on 2 different PCs. I will summarize how the issue started to happens on both machines:

PC1: AC 3 Deluxe Edition from Steam: The music was working fine. No problem was detected. Since DLC 1 missions were included in the Deluxe Edition, I have not reedemed the Season Pass key into the game Extras menu. Last tuesday, when DLC 2 came available and Steam downloaded it, I had to finally reedem my season pass key to activate and play it. When I was going to play single player again, the music was gone (tested on the opera mission with Haytam. No opera music in background). On this PC, the problematic file (DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge - 864 KB) were already on the game folder since the begining. But the music was gone only after I activated the season pass.

PC2: AC 3 Deluxe Edition from an online retailer in my country: For this version, the DLCs were made available in installshield packages, so there was 3 installers available for me: The DLC 1 installer, the DLC 2 installer and the Benedict Arnold Missions installer. There was not any season pass key for this copy, only the Deluxe Key, which was advertised by retailer that it was the only key necessary to activate everything (which is true). So I installed the game, installed the packages for DLC 2 and Benedict Arnold, not the DLC 1 (yet). Played the game and music was ok, playing normally. That file (DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge - 864 KB) was not on the game folder yet. Then, I installed the pack for DLC 1, which added that file to my game folder and when I played it again, music was gone.

To summarize, this bug has surely to do with the DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge file. I attached it on the ticket. Please debug it and fix it for us!!

As soon as they give me any reply, I will post here.

MeIagius
01-17-2013, 08:13 PM
I've just made a video from the opera house without BGM, but I can't upload it now.
I'm gonna to post it tomorrow.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
should I make a vid as well?
I mean, they probably got the point but I could make one as well.... :o

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 09:08 PM
No, I doubt that the 860kb music file is the problem. I have no such file, and my music does not play. So, I don't see how that files could be the problem.

migha89
01-17-2013, 11:36 PM
No, I doubt that the 860kb music file is the problem. I have no such file, and my music does not play. So, I don't see how that files could be the problem.
Just to clarify this, he is reffering to the the 864KB "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" file. This file has been known to cause the problem of the missing background music.

Revan-Risinger
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Just to clarify this, he is reffering to the the 864KB "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" file. This file has been known to cause the problem of the missing background music.

I know this. I don't have the file, and I have no background music. Therefore I don't see how that file is the cause. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I don't have that file and my music no longer plays; then its multiple causes or the file you speak of, is not the problem.

jhewt.sp
01-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Agree with that and I also confirm it since I've brought the Hidden Secrets DLC.

Just for testing I've renamed that .forge, started the game and I've had a 3 Saves, two of them were played after and before the DLC so there's a message that a download content is missing and the remaining one (the first that only had 38%) wasn't played after the DLC so it worked, and the music IS back.

Test it if you never played a save gave AFTER a DLC

GalakFyarr
01-18-2013, 12:15 PM
he mentioned that that guy has digital deluxe so that means that the DLC was included in the first install.. it is commonly known on this forums that people that got the DLC when they bought it (with their first install) don't experience this problem!

I bought the Deluxe edition on Steam, and it had indeed the DLC already included and it worked fine. But when the DLC was released for everyone, I assume AC3 downloaded the file we keep mentionning, and thus I now have the problem too. I wonder why I needed to download that file in the first place too.

GalakFyarr
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=NetWalkerBR] steam downloaded both for me and now my music is gone. So guys, I think he problem is not related to DLC 1[QUOTE]

Yes it is. You just said it downloaded both DLC's to your computer, which means you also have DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge now.

Anykeyer
01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
DLC1 is a bit more than just Deluxe. It gives all customisation items for redcoat and sharpshooter for free. And since DLC1 is included in Season Pass which in turn is included in Steam's Deluxe it is natural that Steam downloaded files.

NetWalkerBR
01-18-2013, 02:05 PM

Did you, anytime, redeemed season pass key in the game extras menu ? Do you have DLC-2 installed ?

steam downloaded both for me and now my music is gone. So guys, I think he problem is not related to DLC 1

Yes it is. You just said it downloaded both DLC's to your computer, which means you also have DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge now.

When I said both, I meant DLC-2 and patch 1.02. Steam never downloaded DLC-1 files into my copy. They were already there since the deluxe edition already have those missions in it. I was not having the music bug until I reedemed the season pass key to activate DLC-2. Got it ?

Anykeyer
01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Holy cow. I made a ticket about this bug on dec 13, more than a month ago. It was a long 10-post debate with support representative. 2 hours ago she finally gave up and wrote that this is a known issue and have been passed to developers for review and fixing. While Im kinda celebrating this small victory I still cant understand whats wrong with Ubisoft.

Boemundus
01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Holy cow. I made a ticket about this bug on dec 13, more than a month ago. It was a long 10-post debate with support representative. 2 hours ago she finally gave up and wrote that this is a known issue and have been passed to developers for review and fixing. While Im kinda celebrating this small victory I still cant understand whats wrong with Ubisoft.

I had the same experience...

YayaTourette
01-18-2013, 04:30 PM

Woo-hoo!

Mr_Shade
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
I take it no one believed me when I said it's a known issue, but they would like more information to recreate the bug..

Good to know..

Boemundus
01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm glad they are aware. I only wish I could play the DLC I paid for..

Mr_Shade
01-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm glad they are aware. I only wish I could play the DLC I paid for..
Thought you would have known a few weeks back that they are.. since that's when I posted about it ;)

Boemundus
01-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I was ironic...

MeIagius
01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
This is the link for the video as promissed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgCFjueUMo
Don't know why, but it is a little dark.
If you wish to compare, there are a lot of "normal" videos from opera house.

migha89
01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
I take it no one believed me when I said it's a known issue, but they would like more information to recreate the bug..Good to know..I believe that most of us got that "the developers are aware", but still a response from the SUPPORT saying "yeah we have passed your case down to the dev team" makes us aware that they are receiving "more information about the bug" as you call it. So I don't think it's the lack of information being sent from the costumers that is the issue, but the support not passing it on in time.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-18-2013, 10:02 PM
they are aware
http://oi50.tinypic.com/wbop3o.jpg

MeIagius
01-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Hello ,

Currently, the development team is still working on fixing this problem. However, until it is resolved, the temporary fix is to delete the following DLC file: DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge

While this will fix the sound problem, it will also remove the DLC content, until it is reinstalled. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as our team works hard to fix this as soon as possible.

They are aware, but it seems that they don't even know what the file does.
First, it doens't solve the problem since we will not be able to load our saves.
Second, it doesn't remove the DLC content.

Boemundus
01-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Hello ,

Currently, the development team is still working on fixing this problem. However, until it is resolved, the temporary fix is to delete the following DLC file: DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge

While this will fix the sound problem, it will also remove the DLC content, until it is reinstalled. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as our team works hard to fix this as soon as possible.

They are aware, but it seems that they don't even know what the file does.
First, it doens't solve the problem since we will not be able to load our saves.
Second, it doesn't remove the DLC content.

Wow, I would like to nominate Ubisoft devs to the Nobel Prize... LOL....

GalakFyarr
01-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Did you, anytime, redeemed season pass key in the game extras menu ? Do you have DLC-2 installed ?

When I said both, I meant DLC-2 and patch 1.02. Steam never downloaded DLC-1 files into my copy. They were already there since the deluxe edition already have those missions in it. I was not having the music bug until I reedemed the season pass key to activate DLC-2. Got it ?

I also have the Deluxe edition, and the music problem only appeared once the DLC was released for everyone. But hey, if you're sure that you don't have that file, then I guess there's another problem... But I'd say that's specific to your machine then, because the majority here talking about this problem know (and have tested) that the problem comes from that file...

Arvezen
01-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Seems like the problem is more complicated than it seems to be when people have played the DLC without the bug. Sounds odd that the bug then appears when the DLC is released for everybody to buy. I also tried to delete the forge file and it did solve the issue but how the hell is it possible for it to work perfectly, at least for a little while, and then shut down the music?

Tim_Skijwalker
01-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Seems like the problem is more complicated than it seems to be when people have played the DLC without the bug. Sounds odd that the bug then appears when the DLC is released for everybody to buy. I also tried to delete the forge file and it did solve the issue but how the hell is it possible for it to work perfectly, at least for a little while, and then shut down the music?

maybe It didn't force the file yet... this sounds pretty weird.. i don't know

AssanCred
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
However, there is no music! I did not understand to release a patch or not?

robske1
01-20-2013, 09:22 PM
I had to format my machine on the weekend, due to installing a new SSD. I found that previous to doing so I was experiencing the same issues as everyone else on this thread, where the music would not play correctly. However after reinstalling in the fashion described below the issue has not reproduced on the same rig.

There was a slight variation in my installation process, where I installed patch 1.01 and 1.02 before installing DLC1 (and DLC2). I don't know if that's going to help anyone, but try it anyway as its not going to hurt you.

Also, I installed the patches manually, not via. the ubisoft updater you can get them from:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.01_WW.exe
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.02_WW.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.01_WW.exe)

As I said I don't know if this is going to work for you, for all I know it could've been a driver or something else environmental that caused my resolution to this issue.

Good luck.

Revan-Risinger
01-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I also have the Deluxe edition, and the music problem only appeared once the DLC was released for everyone. But hey, if you're sure that you don't have that file, then I guess there's another problem... But I'd say that's specific to your machine then, because the majority here talking about this problem know (and have tested) that the problem comes from that file...Im not so sure about that. It is not that file specifically, because I have the Deluxe edition and I started out with the problem. I do not have this DLC forge 3 file. So it has to be deeper than that, it may be a problem with the DLC in general; not just that particular file.

Revan-Risinger
01-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Is it worth trying to reinstall? Has anyone tried that?

MeIagius
01-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Im not so sure about that. It is not that file specifically, because I have the Deluxe edition and I started out with the problem. I do not have this DLC forge 3 file. So it has to be deeper than that, it may be a problem with the DLC in general; not just that particular file.

It's strange, cause by removing that file the bug is fixed, sadly any previously saved game too.

MeIagius
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I tried to reinstall, but it installed everything automatically. I have deluxe edition on steam.

Kinkojiro
01-21-2013, 02:40 AM
Tried a complete reinstall, update to patch 1.02, then a new game. Played through the opera sequence - music was there before installing the DLC. After DLC no music.

So unfortunately it doesn't appear anything to do with the order of the patch/DLC installation.

nekitbro1234567
01-21-2013, 03:13 AM
I had to format my machine on the weekend, due to installing a new SSD. I found that previous to doing so I was experiencing the same issues as everyone else on this thread, where the music would not play correctly. However after reinstalling in the fashion described below the issue has not reproduced on the same rig.

There was a slight variation in my installation process, where I installed patch 1.01 and 1.02 before installing DLC1 (and DLC2). I don't know if that's going to help anyone, but try it anyway as its not going to hurt you.

Also, I installed the patches manually, not via. the ubisoft updater you can get them from:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.01_WW.exe
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.02_WW.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac3/AssassinsCreed3Updater1.01_WW.exe)

As I said I don't know if this is going to work for you, for all I know it could've been a driver or something else environmental that caused my resolution to this issue.

Good luck.

I don't know how this fix works if I own the game through steam. Interesting tip but nobody should have to bother to do anything. Ubisoft should spend as much time ensuring the quality of their patches as they do preparing the game itself.(including the DLC) before release.

Revan-Risinger
01-21-2013, 08:30 PM
I may not know what I'm talking about here but; is it possible that the music problem could be linked to the Benedict Arnold DLC?

AssanCred
01-21-2013, 08:38 PM
When it was corrected? Normally want to play!

Locopells
01-21-2013, 09:03 PM
I may not know what I'm talking about here but; is it possible that the music problem could be linked to the Benedict Arnold DLC?

Nah, that was PS3 only.

Boemundus
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Benedict Arnold DLC was included in the PC deluxe edition as well. The "missing music bug" is linked to the DX11_dlc_3.forge file that corresponds to the "hidden secrets" DLC content

DaUglyHamstar
01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
still no fix.
This is getting absolutely ridiclous.

Tim_Skijwalker
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM
still no fix.
This is getting absolutely ridiclous.

I guess it's wait and see until we get next patch patch notes..

or mrshade contacted the team and has an answer.... maybe?

Vlahdone
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I've had a little back and forth with the support, since the moderators here suggested that everyone reports the issue. Here's the final response I just received:

"We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com (http://forums.ubi.com/). Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive within the next week. Unfortunately, I do not have the patch notes at this time, but I believe that this next update is addressing this issue."

Tim_Skijwalker
01-22-2013, 07:23 PM
. Unfortunately, I do not have the patch notes at this time, but I believe that this next update is addressing this issue."

must

not

get

hopes

up

:o

thanks for the update

Tim_Skijwalker
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
still no reply from support here, anyone else have any news?

migha89
01-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Nothing new about a fix or anything yet. Last email I got was basically "yeah we are investigating your problem, but we have noooo clue what we're doing". :nonchalance:

Tim_Skijwalker
01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Nothing new about a fix or anything yet. Last email I got was basically "yeah we are investigating your problem, but we have noooo clue what we're doing". :nonchalance:

well there is some new DLC coming.

I can already see it happen.. we get a patch that fixes the problem like next week and then the new DLC releases and we have it again :p

Tim_Skijwalker
01-28-2013, 01:29 PM
end of the month, end of my test week.

I am ready for the patch =D :cool:

Anykeyer
01-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Still no fix.
For 2 months now they are sellig a broken product. Even support aknowledged it as a known issue.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208491/ and yet dont see any warnings here or anywhere else

Tim_Skijwalker
01-30-2013, 02:22 PM
what happened to the end of january patch?

i need it :p

Anykeyer
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Its now an end of february patch. They should release something before DLC to support it. Will it fix anything - is another question.

MT4K
01-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Its now an end of february patch. They should release something before DLC to support it. Will it fix anything - is another question.

It'll probably break the dual holsters again (Default outfit) :D.

I like to thik they are working hard though in all seriousness and i'm sure after a couple more patches they will have most stuff fixed. Maybe they have just had more trouble finding the real cause for some things. They seemed to have trouble in regards to the music anyway. I think the last word from somebody or shade i forget said they are working on it now. So who knows

Just in case anybody wonders.. No my game isn't affected. Deluxe edition and so didn't need to grab the dlc. Everybody affected though does have my support. It needs fixing that's for sure.

YazX_
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
It'll probably break the dual holsters again (Default outfit) :D.I like to thik they are working hard though in all seriousness and i'm sure after a couple more patches they will have most stuff fixed. Maybe they have just had more trouble finding the real cause for some things. They seemed to have trouble in regards to the music anyway. I think the last word from somebody or shade i forget said they are working on it now. So who knowsJust in case anybody wonders.. No my game isn't affected. Deluxe edition and so didn't need to grab the dlc. Everybody affected though does have my support. It needs fixing that's for sure.hehehehehehe, sorry for being rude, but that was funny because:.

Everyone here thinks that you know, but you state that "who knows" and indicated that shade might know as he posted sth back but you still dont know what it is, and when you ask shade, he says he doesnt know, so we are here with you and shade dont know, devs dont know, and we KNOW that everyone doesnt know but we dont know if this will be fixed.

MT4K
01-30-2013, 03:26 PM
hehehehehehe, sorry for being rude, but that was funny because:.

Everyone here thinks that you know, but you state that "who knows" and indicated that shade might know as he posted sth back but you still dont know what it is, and when you ask shade, he says he doesnt know, so we are here with you and shade dont know, devs dont know, and we KNOW that everyone doesnt know but we dont know if this will be fixed.

lol. Well i just remember reading something somewhere about how support had what they needed now and was working on it lol Whether that was shade or somebody with a msg from support i can't remember :).

I realise there is lots of confusion going on though so it's ok i found it funny myself :D. I guess everybody has to wait and see. After all. Devs are aware lol :rolleyes:.

YazX_
01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
after all. Devs are aware lol :rolleyes:.loooooool

Tim_Skijwalker
01-30-2013, 08:04 PM

ahh darn

where did they state this? (if you remember)

masikpasik3
01-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi people who can show a screenshot
where support ubisoft confirmed the problem with the music

MeIagius
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Just installed dubbing brazilian portuguese, the BGM is back, I tested on opera house.
I will run some more tests later cause now i don't have time, but everything seems to be ok.
For those who have steam version, download it here, got the link form official ubi twitter pt br.
http://www.4shared.com/file/xQakJyEx/Assassins_Creed_R__III_Brazili.html

Boemundus
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Just installed dubbing brazilian portuguese, the BGM is back, I tested on opera house.
I will run some more tests later cause now i don't have time, but everything seems to be ok.
For those who have steam version, download it here, got the link form official ubi twitter pt br.
http://www.4shared.com/file/xQakJyEx/Assassins_Creed_R__III_Brazili.html

what do you mean? that installing this brazilian file all speech will be in portuguese?

vAlex_
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
It works (at least in opera).
Magic lies within DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge (12 MB).
Remember, it is one way ticket: you can't delete this file without losing saves.

Johny-Al-Knox
02-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Well atleast they are aware of this issue

MeIagius
02-01-2013, 04:13 PM
what do you mean? that installing this brazilian file all speech will be in portuguese?
Only if you want, this will be add in options.
I just tested it in brazilian Dub.
Im not home, tomorrow I'll test with english dub

vAlex_
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Moreover, this file dated 16.11.2012, despite "buggy" DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge being 19.11.2012.
Maybe they just forgot to put DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge into first DLC?

Johny-Al-Knox
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Moreover, this file dated 16.11.2012, despite "buggy" DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge being 19.11.2012.
Maybe they just forgot to put DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge into first DLC?

So wich dlc's will i be missing out with deleting it? i got digital deluxe edition via steam

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 04:26 PM
I can confirm that the music seems to be back after the installation of the Brazilian Portuguese Dubbing DLC. Tested at Opera and Tea Party missions.

The following files were installed:

\localization_4_dlc.lang
\DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge
\sounddata\PC\sounds_bra.pck
\multi\DataPC_brazilian_dlc.forge
\multi\sounddata\PC\sounds_bra.pck

File "DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge" wasn't modified. "installscript.vdf" was modified upon launching game.

This is a viable solution. I could load my saved game, though I cannot confirm at this time if DLCs are functional. Please note that you are not forced to use the BRPT dubbing.

Users not using Steam should try using this updater: goo.gl/WQIiJ

Hope it works for you.

EDIT: I BELIEVE that every DLC is already dubbed on this installer. Even the ones that haven't been released. Maybe that has to do with the music coming back: if a previous DLC broke the music, a new one fixed it.

vAlex_
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
kill0wer
Apparently, it has nothing to do with already released DLC, because they work without it (except BGM, of course).
However if you load your save once with DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge and then delete it from game folder,
on the next launch you'll get a error while trying load the same save.

Boemundus
02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Anyone tested this fix with english language?

Also: can someone upload only the DLC_4 forge file, for testing purposes?

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes, music is playing in English.

Here is the file. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa) Please be aware that you may not be able to load your game if you paste into your game folder and delete it after testing.

migha89
02-01-2013, 06:52 PM
W8 W8 W8 hold on what is going on here? What is this Brazilian Portugese thing about??? So just putting the file into the game folder makes the music return? Also what Jokerillo said, will the english language work?

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Ubisoft promised to dub the speech to Brazilian Portuguese way before the game got released. Since my country still doesn't have much experience in dubbing games, Ubisoft deemed it as "unsatisfactory", so some parts would be re-dubbed and everything would be released later as an add-on.

It was released around Dec 18th on consoles, and made its way to the PC just yesterday. A new DLC forge file is included, which presumably fixed the missing music...

Btw, all the installer does is add Brazilian Portuguese as a spoken language in the game options. You are not forced to use it.

Boemundus
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes, music is playing in English.

Here is the file. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa) Please be aware that you may not be able to load your game if you paste into your game folder and delete it after testing.

Thanks, I'll test it ASAP in english language and italian too !

migha89
02-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Ubisoft promised to dub the speech to Brazilian Portuguese way before the game got released. Since my country still doesn't have much experience in dubbing games, Ubisoft deemed it as "unsatisfactory", so some parts would be re-dubbed and everything would be released later as an add-on.

It was released around Dec 18th on consoles, and made its way to the PC just yesterday. A new DLC forge file is included, which presumably fixed the missing music...

Btw, all the installer does is add Brazilian Portuguese as a spoken language in the game options. You are not forced to use it.

Wow thnx! I think this was the best and most informative response I have ever seen in these forums!! I will try it ASAP

** IMPORTANT **
Everybody I can personally confirm that THIS http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/746821-Fix-at-least-the-860kb-music-bug?p=8903037&viewfull=1#post8903037 brings the BACKGROUND MUSIC BACK!! I think I'm going to cry... I can finally continue playing this game!!!!!! The lang isn't changed and nothing looks different!!! Just run the "Assassin's Creed(R)_III_Brazilian_DLC.exe".

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 07:44 PM
If this is true, how do I back up my saves if it does not work? I would hate to corrupt my game to where I have to restart.

zentos123
02-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Wow thnx! I think this was the best and most informative response I have ever seen in these forums!! I will try it ASAP

** IMPORTANT **
Everybody I can personally confirm that THIS http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/746821-Fix-at-least-the-860kb-music-bug?p=8903037&viewfull=1#post8903037 brings the BACKGROUND MUSIC BACK!! I think I'm going to cry... I can finally continue playing this game!!!!!! The lang isn't changed and nothing looks different!!! Just run the "Assassin's Creed(R)_III_Brazilian_DLC.exe".

It`s work for me the music is back:D

Boemundus
02-01-2013, 08:19 PM
LOL IT WORKS for me too, both english and italian speech.... ahah after 2 months we maneged to FIX the issue without ubisoft official support ...

You don't need to install all the portuguese stuff... just add the DLC_4.forge file in the main directory and... BAM ! the music's BACK...

Well done guys, I'm proud of this community and thanks to the guy who posted this IMPORTANT FIX!!

YOU SAVED THE DAY MAN. :D

GalakFyarr
02-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm going to wait until the 19th of february, when (supposedly) the next DLC is released. I'm guessing we'll get a DLC_5.forge file, and hopefully it'll fix it too. I'll report back here.

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Sure as hell did not work for me. I have beaten the game however, maybe it does not work after that anyway. But no, no music. I put it in main folder, and no music what so ever.

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, I just scanned the file with Norton, and it picked up a Trojan Virus. So, I think this is file is crap. Do not download it.

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, I just scanned the file with Norton, and it picked up a Trojan Virus. So, I think this is file is crap. Do not download it.

Which file?
I assure you, the forge file came from a installer tweeted by Ubisoft Brasil. (https://twitter.com/Ubisoft_Brasil/status/297078842676355073)

I am not aware of a virus that gets inside game files for no reason. I mean, there's not even a way for you to run forge files.

I'm not doubting you, I'm just stating that it is most probably a false positive.

You can actually "install" this in an empty folder, just so you can see which files are inside.

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I just ran the file a second time, because I thought it failed the first time. And Norton blocked it and said it had a Trojan High risk virus. What do you mean by "false Positive"?

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 09:04 PM
What do you mean by "false Positive"?

That the file isn't actually a virus, but your antivirus thinks it is.

It's up to you if you trust the file or not. Users should do this procedure at their own risk. You can always keep waiting for an official fix from a patch. :)

Boemundus
02-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Checked the file with AVG antivirus and it's totally clean... And btw, the fix works

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Checked the file with AVG antivirus and it's totally clean... And btw, the fix works
I'll disable Norton and re test it. How many files are in this DL?

BTW this is the link im DL from :goo.gl/WQIiJ

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 09:20 PM
BTW this is the link im DL from :goo.gl/WQIiJ

Well yeah, this is the installer for non Steam users, there's no point in droping it on the game folder. (and that means that your antivirus is blocking an installer from Ubisoft)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa <- Try this one instead, it's the forge file only, and Jokerillo tested and claimed it works. :)

If you want to use the installer, though, you must execute it and this forge file will be added to your game folder... Together with the Brazilian Portuguese dubbing.

DrL7L
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I just ran the file a second time, because I thought it failed the first time. And Norton blocked it and said it had a Trojan High risk virus. What do you mean by "false Positive"?

It means that Norton is marking the file as a virus (or containing a virus when it actually doesn't). In essence, Norton is erroring on the side of caution. But I can see why, after downloading the "installer", it seemed pretty nefarious. It wants to change your homepage, install a "toolbar" and other monitoring services before downloading the actual file. Yet, you are prompted for all of these items, so just hit "decline" for each one that pops up. Eventually, it will download the DataPc_DX11_4_dlc.forge file.

This file is not a virus.

Simply copy it to your game file and the sound will work. I have also just confirmed that this fixes the missing background sound, and my game is in English.

Also note, I did not have to use ac3_sp_portuegese.exe. Just using the regular ac3_sp.exe will work just fine as well.

Dizlol
02-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Will wait till someone confirms that this doesn't make it so u NEED this to use ur savefile
Awesome find though! Cheers!

L_Alejo
02-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I can comfirm that it works, just downloaded the new forge file, dropped it in the main folder, and it was done, thanks for the fix mate. :)

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 09:34 PM
But I can see why, after downloading the "installer", it seemed pretty nefarious. It wants to change your homepage, install a "toolbar" and other monitoring services before downloading the actual file.

Ew, I didn't know that. This installer refuses to open on my computer, it says that I have a wrong version or something. Since I never truly installed AC3, I can imagine why this happens, though.
The Steam installer has none of these, and probably will do as fine as the regular one.

L_Alejo
02-01-2013, 09:46 PM
There's a moment when the installer asks you what you want to download, it takes about 3 or 4 "declines" before you get to the actual DLC download, you hit accept on that one and it goes, though yeah, it's rather annoying.

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 09:51 PM
It did not work for me. I have the Deluxe edition maybe that's why.

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 09:53 PM
It did not work for me. I have the Deluxe edition maybe that's why.

Mine's Deluxe and it works now.

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Mine's Deluxe and it works now.

I put it in Progamfiles(x86)-Ubisoft-Assassin's Creed III. That is the correct place, right?

guifisilva
02-01-2013, 09:57 PM
I put it in Progamfiles(x86)-Ubisoft-Assassin's Creed III. That is the correct place, right?

I believe so. If the file "AC3SP.exe" is there, it's definitely the one.

Revan-Risinger
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't understand why it will not work, I have beaten the game, I do not have the more recent DLC installed, besides Arnold DLC. There Is no background music when I load my save.

I just installed the Brazil DLC installer. No background music, I have always had music, but only during missions. After I beat the game and now free roaming, there is no music. I don't know why mine is not working. I have DLC forge 2 and 4 in my main folder. Also, my AC3SP.exe still makes me choose between singleplayer and milti. I guess I will have to wait for a patch. Sucks for me.

Johny-Al-Knox
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
You know ubisoft dosnt give a ****. When there is partly a fix i would say. And they dont even wanna release it to everyone.

I mean it prolly wouldn take years to fix this music ****. But hey its ubisoft

GalakFyarr
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
You know ubisoft dosnt give a ****. When there is partly a fix i would say. And they dont even wanna release it to everyone.

I mean it prolly wouldn take years to fix this music ****. But hey its ubisoft

I don't think the brazilian patch "fixed" the problem.

I have no idea how these files work, but I can guess:

I think AC3 reads these DLC_x.forge files to tell "I have this DLC installed", and maybe only the most recent dlc_x.forge file counts... Somehow, dlc_3.forge messes up the music. But since the brazilian version now has a dlc_4.forge, AC3 only "reads" from that one, which doesn't mess with the music.

So maybe when the next DLC is released, we'll have a new dataPC_DX11_dlc4.forge file, and it'll be "fixed" too.

Tim_Skijwalker
02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
OMG THAT FIXED IT!!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS-2uqHuioEJ60mafpGMcdfkfIVzv-6OJ0I69iSnc9WsrDnBTz7w

just played for a few hours..
such an awesome game =D

thanks again for fixing the music, it was definitely worth the wait! music makes it sooo much better.

nekitbro1234567
02-02-2013, 06:22 PM
EVERYONE WAIT A SECOND!!!

If you are a STEAM USER, what link do you use to fix the music?

1.http://www.4shared.com/file/xQakJyEx/Assassins_Creed_R__III_Brazili.html

or

2.http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa

Please make this clear for everyone. (including me)

jhewt.sp
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
EVERYONE WAIT A SECOND!!!

If you are a STEAM USER, what link do you use to fix the music?

1.http://www.4shared.com/file/xQakJyEx/Assassins_Creed_R__III_Brazili.html

or

2.http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa

Please make this clear for everyone. (including me)

FINALLLLYYYYYYYYY!

Installing "http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa" did the job for me (placing that file into AC3's folder in Steam).
I'm on Steam with the stantard edition with the DLC Hidden secrets and it's fixed, give it a try!

masikpasik3
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
GUYS !!! give me link Where I can download Brazilian Portuguese Dubbing DLC

nekitbro1234567
02-02-2013, 08:24 PM
FINALLLLYYYYYYYYY!

Installing "http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa" did the job for me (placing that file into AC3's folder in Steam).
I'm on Steam with the stantard edition with the DLC Hidden secrets and it's fixed, give it a try!

I'm on steam with the deluxe edition, do I need to do more than just download the forge file?

nekitbro1234567
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
uhhh dam... Probably all the people who already fixed the problem for themselves aren't coming back to the forums.

jhewt.sp
02-02-2013, 08:57 PM
uhhh dam... Probably all the people who already fixed the problem for themselves aren't coming back to the forums.Yes, placing DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge in AC3's folder where DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge is. This fixed the music bug for me.

Tim_Skijwalker
02-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes, placing DataPC_DX11_4_dlc.forge in AC3's folder where DataPC_DX11_3_dlc.forge is. This fixed the music bug for me.

that's awesome to hear man!
have fun ;)

Locopells
02-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I can confirm that this works and does NOT force you into a language change.

nekitbro1234567
02-03-2013, 12:26 AM
I can confirm that this works and does NOT force you into a language change.

Me too. I have the deluxe on steam, I downloaded the new forge file (only that file) and put it into the main directory. Seems to me the music is back! Obviously I can't tell if everything is back because I never got far enough into the game, but I trust that its all there. What I do know now for certain is that music has returned in scenes where it was once missing.

I did notice one thing though that changed. In the beginning of sequence 6, where you intervene in the imbroglio involving the tax collectors and the butcher, you no longer have to fight off the tax collectors, it just goes straight to cut-scene. If anyone is interested in trying it out, it takes like 2 minutes to get to that part after you begin the sequence; i'd like to know if anyone else has that happen. (not really a big deal in grand scheme of things)

masikpasik3
02-03-2013, 07:05 AM
confirm it works, just throw this http://www.sendspace.com/file/eqhmfa in the game directory.
I laugh with unprofessional - ubisoft

DaUglyHamstar
02-03-2013, 09:53 AM
The fact that this still isn't a sticky proves that ubi soft realy doesnt give a **** about pc players.

sharkdrutt
02-03-2013, 10:26 AM
awsome it works!!!!!!!!!

way to go ubi!

Like I said maybe they should have hired some of the PC community here!

I have the feeling the devs they have only know how to play tetris ...

migha89
02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Guess I'll be back to the forums when the next DLC comes out to confirm that it doesn't F up anything before installing this time!

Purplemate
02-03-2013, 03:03 PM
music works confirm , very very big thanks author!!!
Ubisoft - learn!!!

Tim_Skijwalker
02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Guess I'll be back to the forums when the next DLC comes out to confirm that it doesn't F up anything before installing this time!

that was my idea as well xD

plus to get a download link since ubisoft never sends that **** to me -_-

Razrback16
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Question fellas, for those of you who have dropped this forge file into your main directories and had it fix the music -- did it cause any problems with your save game files at all?

Thank you!

Locopells
02-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Nope! Though you'll probably need it to be able to load them again afterwards.

Anykeyer
02-04-2013, 06:55 AM
This sounds ridiculous to me. Each .forge file contains multiple files, its basically an archive like rar or zip, just in proprietary format. Apparently DLC 3 forge contains broken scripts. They already had correct scripts for a long time (judging by DLC 4 forge date). DLC 4 overwrites those broken scripts thus fixing that stupid problem. Yet they didnt release something like DLC_3_fixed forge hotfix that will only work on top of DLC 3 and replace broken scripts? It would take 1 day to do so... Yet they decided to play "we dont give a f**" game. This is madness.

nekitbro1234567
02-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Question fellas, for those of you who have dropped this forge file into your main directories and had it fix the music -- did it cause any problems with your save game files at all?

Thank you!

No save issues. Everything resumed where I left off.

I like how the forum admins kept saying oh its more complicated than the file that everything thinks is causing the problem.. and then we expose that, in fact, it was the route cause of the problem in discovering forge4. And now they keep mum.

unionjack_89
02-05-2013, 02:35 PM
THX guys! After put the dataPC_DX11_dlc4.forge in the AC III folder the music is back and the DLC contents are still there :D 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 THX for who came up with this :) A single player solved the problem I cant believe it :)

CobaltMK
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Yep,worked for me too,finally I can play the game to itīs end :D
Now only the FPS Issue has to be fixed,then itīs a perfect game :)

Perk5
02-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Guys, please remember to contact support. Without providing them with the relevant information, you're stalling the patch process, as they're having difficulty recreating the issue.

Oh wait, the customers have already found a way around the bug.

Owned.

Anykeyer
02-06-2013, 06:13 AM
guys, please remember to contact support. Without providing them with the relevant information, you're stalling the patch process, as they're having difficulty recreating the issue.

lol

Kinkojiro
02-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I sometimes feel many people on the forums take things too far. I was sure most people at Ubisoft work hard to offer entertaining and high quality products. However these developments show disgusting contempt for their customers.

It is one thing to produce a game with faults, software is very complicated and mistakes get made. All big games have these problems. It is also understandable to not be able to have a fix immediately available, PCs are complicated things and it might take time to fix it. It is less understandable to be still selling a broken product.

But to have a new version of the file which fixes the problem, and not immediately release it to the customers, to sit there and do nothing whilst people who have paid hard earned cash for something that is broken and give no update, apology or publish the fix. It is obvious the file works, otherwise why would it be released in Brazil. They are not waiting for some magic tests before they release it. Just sitting there as if the customer doesn't matter. IT SHOWS UBISOFT VIEWS ITS CUSTOMERS WITH CONTEMPT.

I have enjoyed the AC series of games greatly. I and millions like me have made many people at Ubisoft very rich, so perhaps they don't care if I feel that their attitude means I won't buy from them in future, they will still be rich. But people at Ubisoft should be at least a little bit ashamed.

Rio_Rossi
02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
After I put the DLC4.forge in my game directory, I load my save game and replayed some of the memory sequences and the background songs are playing.. Awesome

Shame on you Ubisoft, the users fixed the problem by themselves, you should give all of us a reward .. LOL

Purplemate
02-06-2013, 05:32 PM
yes music is working, but completely broken craft, no quests, resources such as wood, is even worse, may not play at all

Dustpan
02-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Is it possible to get banned from steam for using this music fix?